Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS (569 Views)

12 Signs Of Self-righteousness And Pharisee-ism Among Christians Today / The Lord Our God Is "One Lord" ( One Person= One Lord) / Let Us Kneel Before The Lord Our Maker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS by HISservant: 10:51am On Feb 26, 2011
"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.  In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS." - Jeremiah 23:5-6

An exhortation to remember The only Source of our righteousness when once we have truly become saved/born of The Spirit/born again/ redeemed/ purchased by the tender mercies of our LORD GOD by HIS grace alone (not works) through The Faith of our Lord JESUS CHRIST.

The LORD GOD's Righteousness
"In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness." - Psalm 31:1
"Let them shout for joy, and be glad, that favour my righteous cause: yea, let them say continually, Let the LORD be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant. And my tongue shall speak of thy righteousness and of thy praise all the day long." - Psalm 35:27-28 
"Thy righteousness is like the great mountains; thy judgments are a great deep: O LORD, thou preservest man and beast. O continue thy lovingkindness unto them that know thee; and thy righteousness to the upright in heart." - Psalm 36:6 & 10 
"According to thy name, O God, so is thy praise unto the ends of the earth: thy right hand is full of righteousness." - Psalm 48:10 
"And the heavens shall declare his righteousness: for God is judge himself. Selah." - Psalm 50:6 
"My righteousness is near; my salvation is gone forth, and mine arms shall judge the people; the isles shall wait upon me, and on mine arm shall they trust. Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished. Hearken unto me, ye that know righteousness, the people in whose heart is my law; fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be ye afraid of their revilings. For the moth shall eat them up like a garment, and the worm shall eat them like wool: but my righteousness shall be for ever, and my salvation from generation to generation." - Isaiah 51:5-8 

"For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him; To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace" - Hebrews 7:1-2 (GOD, "The Almighty"- Revelation 1:8, The Lord JESUS CHRIST is the "Prince of Peace" - Isaiah 9:6, The "King" of Peace -Luke 19:38) - "The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek." - Psalm 110:4 (see also Hebrews 5, particularly verses 6 & 10)

"And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him. And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire. But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows." - Hebrews 1:6-9 
"Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness." - Psalm 51:14 
Psalm 71:1-2, 14-16, 19
"1 In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion. 
2  Deliver me in thy righteousness, and cause me to escape: incline thine ear unto me, and save me.
14 But I will hope continually, and will yet praise thee more and more.
15 My mouth shall shew forth thy righteousness and thy salvation all the day; for I know not the numbers thereof.
16  I will go in the strength of the Lord GOD: I will make mention of thy righteousness, even of thine only.
19  Thy righteousness also, O God, is very high, who hast done great things: O God, who is like unto thee!

"Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O LORD, in the light of thy countenance. In thy name shall they rejoice all the day: and in thy righteousness shall they be exalted. For thou art the glory of their strength: and in thy favour our horn shall be exalted." - Psalm 89:15-17 
"Clouds and darkness are round about him: righteousness and judgment are the habitation of his throne. The heavens declare his righteousness, and all the people see his glory." - Psalm 97:2 & 6 
"O sing unto the LORD a new song; for he hath done marvellous things: his right hand, and his holy arm, hath gotten him the victory. The LORD hath made known his salvation: his righteousness hath he openly shewed in the sight of the heathen." - Psalm 98:1-2
"His work is honourable and glorious: and his righteousness endureth for ever." - Psalm 111:3
"My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness." - Psalm 119:172 
"Hear my prayer, O LORD, give ear to my supplications: in thy faithfulness answer me, and in thy righteousness. And enter not into judgment with thy servant: for in thy sight shall no man living be ju[/b]stified." - Psalm 143:1-2
"[b]I will speak of the glorious honour of thy majesty, and of thy wondrous works. And men shall speak of the might of thy terrible acts: and I will declare thy greatness. They shall abundantly utter the memory of thy great goodness, and shall sing of thy righteousness. The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy. The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.
" - Psalm 145:5-9
"Incline my heart unto thy testimonies, and not to covetousness. Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity; and quicken thou me in thy way. Stablish thy word unto thy servant, who is devoted to thy fear. Turn away my reproach which I fear: for thy judgments are good. Behold, I have longed after thy precepts: quicken me in thy righteousness. Let thy mercies come also unto me, O LORD, even thy salvation, according to thy word." - Psalm 119:36-41 
"Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it. I am small and despised: yet do not I forget thy precepts. Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth. Trouble and anguish have taken hold on me: yet thy commandments are my delights. The righteousness of thy testimonies is everlasting: give me understanding, and I shall live. I cried with my whole heart; hear me, O LORD: I will keep thy statutes. I cried unto thee; save me, and I shall keep thy testimonies." - Psalm 119:140-146 
"Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength. By me kings reign, and princes decree justice. By me princes rule, and nobles, even all the judges of the earth. I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me. Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness. My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver. I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment: That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures." - Proverbs 8:14-21 
"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." - Isaiah 41:10 
"Thus saith the LORD, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed." Isaiah 56:1
"O LORD, righteousness belongeth unto thee, but unto us confusion of faces, as at this day; to the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and unto all Israel, that are near, and that are far off, through all the countries whither thou hast driven them, because of their trespass that they have trespassed against thee." - Daniel 9:7
"But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall." - Malachi 4:2 
"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." -Matthew 6:33 
"Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;" - Romans 3:20-25 
"Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:" - 2 Peter 1:1

==================
our "filthy" righteousnesses 
=================================
"Thou meetest him that rejoiceth and worketh righteousness, those that remember thee in thy ways: behold, thou art wroth; for we have sinned: in those is continuance, and we shall be saved. But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away." - Isaiah 64:5-6 
"Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth." Romans 10: 1-4
"And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:" - Philippians 3:9 
"Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth. When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it." - Ezekiel 33:12-13
"O my God, incline thine ear, and hear; open thine eyes, and behold our desolations, and the city which is called by thy name: for we do not present our supplications before thee for our righteousnesses, but for thy great mercies." - Daniel 9:18 
"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;" - Titus 3:5 

===================================================
Righteousness from The LORD that HE mercifully imputes to us through HIMSELF / our Lord JESUS CHRIST unto salvation, without which we could never see /enter the Kingdom of Heaven.  Praise The LORD GOD of hosts!
=========================================================
"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels. For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations." - Isaiah 61:10-11 
"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth. In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS." - Jeremiah 23:5-6
"Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer." - Psalm 4:1
"He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake." - Psalm 23:3 
"He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation." - Psalm 24:5 
"But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;" - Psalm 103:17 
"Arise, O LORD, into thy rest; thou, and the ark of thy strength. Let thy priests be clothed with righteousness; and let thy saints shout for joy." - Psalm 132:8-9
"And I will restore thy judges as at the first, and thy counsellors as at the beginning: afterward thou shalt be called, The city of righteousness, the faithful city. Zion shall be redeemed with judgment, and her converts with righteousness." - Isaiah 1:26-27 
"Surely, shall one say, in the LORD have I righteousness and strength: even to him shall men come; and all that are incensed against him shall be ashamed." - Isaiah 45:24 
"No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD." - Isaiah 54:17 
"In those days shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely: and this is the name wherewith she shall be called, The LORD our righteousness." - Jeremiah 33:16 

Romans 4:1-13 & 22 (verse 13, in particular, points to the imputed Righteousness & Faith of the Lord Jesus Christ / GOD to us - The Faithful, Holy ONE - Galatians 2:20, Romans 3:20-25, Romans 5: 17-18, Revelation 19:11, The Son of Righteousness - Malachi 4:2, 2 corinthians 5:21, Philippians 3:9 )
[b]1 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?
2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.
3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
8Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.
9 Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.
10 How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision.
11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:
12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.
13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.
[/b]

"For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." - 2 Corinthians 5:21 
"Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God." - Philippians 1:11 
"And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:" - Philippians 3:9 
"For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life." - Romans 5: 17-18 
"Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law." - Galatians 3:21
"For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith." - Galatians 5:5
"Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;" - Ephesians 6:14
"And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great. And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth. Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints." - Revelation 19:5-8

Therefore, lets humbly, yet fervently give the LORD GOD all thanks, praise, blessing & glory.  May The LORD bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Message Delivered By Jesus Christ To Susan & Sabrina (may 5 - 7) / A Song To Calm Our Souls In These Days Of Distress / Catholics And Prostestants Again In N.ireland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.