Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,385 members, 7,822,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Proficient In English And French - How Do You Handle That In Job Adverts? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Proficient In English And French - How Do You Handle That In Job Adverts? (356 Views)

How Do You Handle Price Discrepancies Professionally / How Do You Handle A Difficult Boss? / How Do You Handle An Angry Boss Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Proficient In English And French - How Do You Handle That In Job Adverts? by Focusmind: 3:27pm On Sep 17, 2020
Hello People

Proficient in more foreign languages is becoming common now when it comes to highly competitive job market especially for jobs across the border. If you are interested in jobs with international agencies, it is likely that you may have come across the requirement: Applicants must be proficient in both English and French.

As a Consultant, I do come across some fantastic positions across Africa and around the world. Most times, a higher weighting is assigned to knowledge of foreign languages in the job advert. I lost a consultancy job I was interviewed because of my lack of knowledge of French with a development bank.

I now ask peeps: Do you pass by a job you are fully qualified but lacks proficiency in the second language requirement? Our understanding before was that proficiency in English language was enough for international jobs but the recent happening has proved to me that knowledge and proficiency in second language may be the advantage to secure that international job or consultancy. What do you think?

(1) (Reply)

I / How To Get Highly Paid Career Jobs: Oil & Gas Sector(the Guarded Secrets Global) / Meet Chef Ehis , Entrepreneur And Founder Of ECDA Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.