Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,667 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

How Do You Handle An Angry Boss Lady? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do You Handle An Angry Boss Lady? (15311 Views)

How Do You Handle Price Discrepancies Professionally / How Do You Handle A Difficult Boss? / How To Deal With An Angry Boss: 5 Simple Tips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Handle An Angry Boss Lady? by pweeryambre: 8:50pm On Sep 25, 2018
I was recently posted to a different unit at my work place, under a very cheerful boss lady. She has been very good to me like she chats me up all the time and takes me out to lunch most of the time. But lately, I noticed she's been giving me attitude, she's been doing that to the point it's affecting my work around her.
She has become so stiff/rigid around me like I'm always uncomfortable and tiptoeing around her, she stops taking me to lunch or sharing stuffs with me, she starts to give me work to do with no instruction and when I turn to ask her question I see she doesn't even want to make eye contact, like she doesn't want me to ask her questions or be around her at all. I once sent her a text message that I feel she's giving me attitude and it makes Me to not know how to react around her and that I am sorry if have done anything wrong. But she did not reply.

Today she gave me a job to do which happens to be confidential but gave me no heads up about it and when I'm done I went and submitted the job On the table in her office with her rival present there.
She later came to me to scold me badly that I have changed and that iam misbehaving. she said a lot of things which made me feel bad, but I'm sure she was the one that has changed.

I don't know how to explain to her how I feel without having any quarrel or upsetting her, Because it's almost looking as if she want us to have a quarrel or something.
Re: How Do You Handle An Angry Boss Lady? by Ionkidiz(m): 9:10pm On Sep 25, 2018
Lemme see what the next person has to say

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle An Angry Boss Lady? by SilentVboy: 9:15pm On Sep 25, 2018
Boss lady takes u out for lunch?...

Boss lady chats with you?.....

Your boss was definitely falling for you but later realised that she is a boss and there should be a boundary that separates you two....

So Oga u should stick to your own boundary and leave boss lady alone....

94 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do You Handle An Angry Boss Lady? by pweeryambre: 5:58am On Sep 26, 2018
SilentVboy:
Boss lady takes u out for lunch?...

Boss lady chats with you?.....

Your boss was definitely falling for you but later realised that she is a boss and there should be a boundary that separates you two....

So Oga u should stick to your own boundary and leave boss lady alone....
I'm a lady Please

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Handle An Angry Boss Lady? by NoRetreat(m): 7:33am On Sep 26, 2018
Send her friends to her to intervene or find a time to talk to her.
Re: How Do You Handle An Angry Boss Lady? by SilentVboy: 9:02am On Sep 26, 2018
pweeryambre:

I'm a lady Please
Apologies, i never knew....

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle An Angry Boss Lady? by DBossNG(m): 10:49am On Sep 26, 2018
Give her what she wants and that's the end of your problem

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle An Angry Boss Lady? by Yelutide: 10:50am On Sep 26, 2018
Your boss lady is simply telling you that I'm interested in you but you seems not to be ignoring all her signals. To make peace with the gods, you must appease gods.

Get a sweet gift with an apology note.
Re: How Do You Handle An Angry Boss Lady? by maestroferdi: 10:50am On Sep 26, 2018
...Angry lady boss should be the noun phrase.

7 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle An Angry Boss Lady? by AntiWailer: 10:51am On Sep 26, 2018
You do ur job with no drama.

And be on top of your game.

Nobody fires an asset.

I read one post where somenone was fired for going for a job interview and I laughed.

People drop resignation letter self and we double their pay to make sure they wait.

U need to add value to your organization and stop being a victim or playing victim.

If u are adding no value to my company. I am managing u and hoping u repay me soon once u get better.

If I mistakenly hear that u go for interview, I will fire u in a disgraceful way too

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do You Handle An Angry Boss Lady? by Xisnin(m): 10:51am On Sep 26, 2018
Let me tell you a secret. The only way to deal with her is to see her as a boss and not a lady even
if she is friendly with you.
From your story, she wasn't like that before and you must have done something to trigger her
alleged resentment.

Take the same steps you would have taken if your boss is a man.
Find out what the problem is at an appropriate time, apologize and promise to change.

6 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle An Angry Boss Lady? by judecares1(m): 10:51am On Sep 26, 2018
how old is your boss? if she is single,then that is were the problem is coming from

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle An Angry Boss Lady? by LUGBE: 10:51am On Sep 26, 2018
I dealt with one that called herself Frances one time , she was greedy, arrogant, selfish and too bossy.

Before she could start showing herself, i dealt with her rude nature and left for higher opportunity kiss

6 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle An Angry Boss Lady? by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 26, 2018
Eliminate her
Re: How Do You Handle An Angry Boss Lady? by marttol: 10:53am On Sep 26, 2018
her crush is in the organization, and probably falling for you,that's why she changed towards you...my opinion though.

Abi una be lesbian, so she has started seeing you around men??

13 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle An Angry Boss Lady? by johnshagb(m): 10:53am On Sep 26, 2018
I don't know if it's me, but I strongly believe the story is not complete.

Either furnish us with the full gist or agree you've got yourself a bipolar boss lady.

16 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle An Angry Boss Lady? by Richdad50(m): 10:53am On Sep 26, 2018
Love her and she will be fine
Re: How Do You Handle An Angry Boss Lady? by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 26, 2018
maybe somebody has damage your image to her and she sees you in a different way, just be patient and be obedient. let her conscience fight her.

8 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle An Angry Boss Lady? by enemyofprogress: 10:54am On Sep 26, 2018
Most female bosses are frustrated from home and other life problems

6 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle An Angry Boss Lady? by enemyofprogress: 10:55am On Sep 26, 2018
Richdad50:
Love her and she will be fine
especially with long prick
Re: How Do You Handle An Angry Boss Lady? by JaffyJoe(m): 10:55am On Sep 26, 2018
pweeryambre:

I'm a lady Please

Doesn't matter if she is gay.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle An Angry Boss Lady? by tribalistseun: 10:55am On Sep 26, 2018
Ladies are naturally stingy, if any of them takes you out for lunch and actually pay for it then that person finds you attractive. At this point you have less than 3 days to make your moves towards her 4th, 5th or 6th day is too too late.

So do the needful my G

Re: How Do You Handle An Angry Boss Lady? by enemyofprogress: 10:55am On Sep 26, 2018
LUGBE:
I dealt with one that called herself Frances one time , she was greedy, arrogant, selfish and too bossy.

Before she could start showing herself, i dealt with her rude nature and left for higher opportunity kiss
that's my man
Re: How Do You Handle An Angry Boss Lady? by Xisnin(m): 10:56am On Sep 26, 2018
LUGBE:

You didn't deal with her, you fled.

15 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle An Angry Boss Lady? by Sholaco: 10:56am On Sep 26, 2018
Well,her rival u said What's d gender of her rival? Maybe I will narrow my comments to him/her...then advise u on how to behave and to manage people

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle An Angry Boss Lady? by 12345baba(m): 10:56am On Sep 26, 2018
maybe shes a member of lgbt

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle An Angry Boss Lady? by Richdad50(m): 10:56am On Sep 26, 2018
enemyofprogress:
An idiot responding to my comment. Find your level
Re: How Do You Handle An Angry Boss Lady? by profmallor: 10:57am On Sep 26, 2018
shes playing with your head wants to know if you have a spine. So if you turn into a puppy willing to please, you will be doing that for the rest of your or her stay in that organization. If you do your job and suck in the insult regardless of what she throws at you, she would respect you and probably come to rely on you, but she won't tell it to your face. So it depends on your personality, but you must be strategic and important else she won't have even started to try to woo you in the first instance.
Re: How Do You Handle An Angry Boss Lady? by tribalistseun: 10:58am On Sep 26, 2018
pweeryambre:
I was recently posted to a different unit at my work place, under a very cheerful boss lady. She has been very good to me like she chats me up all the time and takes me out to lunch most of the time. But lately, I noticed she's been giving me attitude, she's been doing that to the point it's affecting my work around her.
She has become so stiff/rigid around me like I'm always uncomfortable and tiptoeing around her, she stops taking me to lunch or sharing stuffs with me, she starts to give me work to do with no instruction and when I turn to ask her question I see she doesn't even want to make eye contact, like she doesn't want me to ask her questions or be around her at all. I once sent her a text message that I feel she's giving me attitude and it makes Me to not know how to react around her and that I am sorry if have done anything wrong. But she did not reply.

Today she gave me a job to do which happens to be confidential but gave me no heads up about it and when I'm done I went and submitted the job On the table in her office with her rival present there.
She later came to me to scold me badly that I have changed and that iam misbehaving. she said a lot of things which made me feel bad, but I'm sure she was the one that has changed.

I don't know how to explain to her how I feel without having any quarrel or upsetting her, Because it's almost looking as if she want us to have a quarrel or something.

She was expecting you to man up and talk to her, she has giving you sign but you no wan act.

Send me her details let me give her doggy style asap
Re: How Do You Handle An Angry Boss Lady? by enemyofprogress: 10:58am On Sep 26, 2018
Richdad50:

An idiot responding to my comment. Find your level

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle An Angry Boss Lady? by DonFreshmoney(m): 11:01am On Sep 26, 2018
Show her your John Thomas.

If it's big, she will respect you from that day

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Business Process Outsourcing?? / Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? / NL's Career Thread Directory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.