Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? (30462 Views)

A Public Or Private University - Please Which Should I Go For? / Is Adeleke University, Ede The Most Beautiful Private University In Nigeria? / Lightning Strikes Student Of Anambra State University To Death Inside His Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by pwansunriseteam: 6:19pm On Sep 18, 2020
YES/NO
It depends on the School
Your GP and your pocket
Mostly You can't go beyond 200 Level
And you may not get top Professional Courses like Law, Medicine, Pharmacy.
Hope your private Uni is acreditee by NUC
Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by horpeyemmi66(m): 6:19pm On Sep 18, 2020
SkengRay:
Hi Guys I'm in 300 level I'm thinking of Transferring to a public or State University from a a private uni. Is it possible and please what are the criterias

Yes, it's possible, although the University you're transferring to (especially Federal) might change your course to a lesser one.
Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by SATANNIST: 6:19pm On Sep 18, 2020
j
Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by arshavineering(m): 6:19pm On Sep 18, 2020
Yes you can but process long
Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by Ofegofr9: 6:19pm On Sep 18, 2020
Ygvv
Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by Olupristine(f): 6:19pm On Sep 18, 2020
Dunno...but it's something that should be looked into
Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by Ofegofr9: 6:19pm On Sep 18, 2020
SkengRay:
Hi Guys I'm in 300 level I'm thinking of Transferring to a public or State University from a a private uni. Is it possible and please what are the criterias

Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by illicit(m): 6:20pm On Sep 18, 2020
Have u ever heard of the term ASUU
Why do u want to frustrate yourself

I had a friend that crossed from fed govt uni to private tho but it's a long story....

So I guess it could also be possible the other way round
Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by Yankee101: 6:21pm On Sep 18, 2020
Yep

But you may lose one year to 200 level. Not very sure

Approach your university of interest, department, faculty, academic office in the senate too. Once you get the green light, you'll need your transcripts from your old university sent to the new one etc. Ask them both for any other school specific procedures
Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by NigeriaB(m): 6:21pm On Sep 18, 2020
NO!

You can transfer easily from a public school to a private school and not vice Versa..

Just like you can't transfer from any other course to Medicine so easily but you can easily transfer from Medicine to any other course......in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by iamclime(m): 6:22pm On Sep 18, 2020
[quote author=SkengRay post=94024011]Hi Guys I'm in 300 level I'm thinking of Transferring to a public or State University from a a private uni. Is it possible and please what are the criterias

Very possible. Find out from your school of choice. It's called INTER-UNIVERSITY TRANSFER. You must meet the requirements of the achy though. And there must be space in the department you're transferring to.
Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by trutht828: 6:24pm On Sep 18, 2020
flokii:
I doubt if you can..

The Inter-School transfers are usually fed to fed unis or state to state unis.

Most schools have their own requirements, some strict while some are less difficult.

The envy among the schools even make it more difficult
Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by aycd44(m): 6:24pm On Sep 18, 2020
Sure you can transfer. You can contact me for more details
Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by Amethyst111(f): 6:24pm On Sep 18, 2020
I'm only aware of transfer from one public university to another public university. But Private to Public? All those old women at the Department of Students Affairs go use mouth finish you.

Those mama dem no get joy. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 18, 2020
Enu dun ro 'fo tongue

Our schools' ego no be here o
Good luck on your trial

1 Like

Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by Amethyst111(f): 6:26pm On Sep 18, 2020
aycd44:
Sure you can transfer. You can contact me for more details
Swear sey no be scam you wan scam am. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by Mummyfour(f): 6:28pm On Sep 18, 2020
uboma:

Keeping silent on matters you have zero knowledge makes you a smart person.
well said. Too many annoying children chasing after likes

1 Like

Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by NigeriaB(m): 6:28pm On Sep 18, 2020
flyingpig:
I had people who transferred from 300l at Madonna university to UNN. But instead of moving into 400l they were asked to repeat 300l that is all.

See how you just said it casually as if it is dat easy...

Please don't deceive him o. Ask those your friends about the money, the connect and all that they used if at all it worked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by sportFX: 6:29pm On Sep 18, 2020
Public to public is very easy but I don't know about private to public however it is possible.
Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by AndSunGorilla: 6:29pm On Sep 18, 2020
SkengRay:

Have u tried transferring to a polytechnic or college of education too? That should be smooth sailing.
Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by aycd44(m): 6:29pm On Sep 18, 2020
It's possible. You can contact me for more details
Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by NwaNimo1(m): 6:32pm On Sep 18, 2020
Anything is possible in naija with money.
Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by Yankee101: 6:34pm On Sep 18, 2020
Enudapan:
Nna eh! No qualms
Yes you can...

Once you Gp is good, you are carried
Always take mushin weed (it helps) to both high you ND ur gp

Highly carried
Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by heykims(m): 6:35pm On Sep 18, 2020
Yes it's very possible, I know two people that transferred from Madonna University to a state University. They are both doctors now.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by opera1(m): 6:35pm On Sep 18, 2020
SATANNIST:
this one that cant spell school is also advising someone about university

SATANNIST UNDER MY FOOT, U KNO NOTHING KID.

1 Like

Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by Ebenezer2021(m): 6:39pm On Sep 18, 2020
tunjilee003:
It is possible, depending on your gcpa level and if ware willing to pay the sacrifice..
shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by UDUJ(m): 6:40pm On Sep 18, 2020
GlorifiedTunde:
Yes you can. But non will take you to a level beyond 200L and you won't get into choice courses like medicine, pharmacy, law, accounting, etc.

This is the only valid answer so far.

And in addition your CGPA needs to be good for them to even start considering you.
Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by Ngenge(m): 6:41pm On Sep 18, 2020
sageb:
Yes, you can. It is called inter-university transfer. You must have the required CGPA. Which course?
Na so?
Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by Ebenezer2021(m): 6:41pm On Sep 18, 2020
Timekeeper:
Why u go private school when u no say u no go fit afford am
hehehehe laugh wan break my ribs grin

2 Likes

Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by Uzomacharles: 6:43pm On Sep 18, 2020
Annajapheth:
Sure!! U can, all u need to do is submit Ur transcript to the university of your choice and some other requirements from the public university

is it possible from Nigeria to other countries?
Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by Uzomacharles: 6:44pm On Sep 18, 2020
sageb:
Yes, you can. It is called inter-university transfer. You must have the required CGPA. Which course?

what of outside nigeria?
Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by crowther15(m): 6:44pm On Sep 18, 2020
It is possible because a course mate of mine came from BOWEN and He joined us in 300l. I think the form use to come out with pume and it used to be online during pume reg. My experience in UNILORIN

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ronald Dosunmu Scored 8As In WAEC, 350 In UTME Admitted To Covenant University / Ozioko Chidimma Domitila: UNN Female SUG Presidential Candidate Cries Out / The Illegality Of Covenant University Students’ Suspension By School Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.