Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,077 members, 7,957,016 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:16 AM

Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? (32152 Views)

A Public Or Private University - Please Which Should I Go For? / What Is The Difference Between A Civil Servant And A Public Servant? / Lightning Strikes Student Of Anambra State University To Death Inside His Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by naijanaso: 10:38pm On Sep 18, 2020
Righteousnesss8:
It can't be possible
You can be only transferred to the prison
Kiri Kiri or panti

To think that people are liking your post...I just don't understand. Why must everything be a child's play here. Someone is in need of a vital information that will better his life and you are happy replying with that? Let's just grow up.

1 Like

Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by Babisha10(m): 10:40pm On Sep 18, 2020
uboma:

Keeping silent on matters you have zero knowledge makes you a smart person.
Guy pls don't mind him cos their type re only to make people laugh....
Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by DFERENCE: 10:49pm On Sep 18, 2020
SkengRay:
Hi Guys I'm in 300 level I'm thinking of Transferring to a public or State University from a a private uni. Is it possible and please what are the criterias

you can't because transfer has to be from the same level of institutions, federal uni for federal uni, state uni for state uni but with the Nigerian factor "godfather" anything is possible, which i am sure u don't have because you won't have been here asking, don't mind me am just pulling ur legs
Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by Ingredient88(m): 10:53pm On Sep 18, 2020
SATANNIST:
SOMEONE NOT SOMEBODY
see your life out side.
Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by SpyChild: 12:08am On Sep 19, 2020
Annajapheth:
Sure!! U can, all u need to do is submit Ur transcript to the university of your choice and some other requirements from the public university

As long as you were admitted with Jamb too and not the private uni pre-science. Plus you might have to start all over from maybe 100 or 200 level. It will be difficult to get a public uni that will admit you to continue from 300l
Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by Annajapheth: 12:49am On Sep 19, 2020
Uzomacharles:

is it possible from Nigeria to other countries?
Yea, very much possible

1 Like

Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by SATANNIST: 4:18am On Sep 19, 2020
Ingredient88:
see your life out side.
OUTSIDE
Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by flyingpig: 6:13am On Sep 19, 2020
DEROX:
I was very happy to leave there quickly after first year I was in law 2018 100 level I paid 1.2m it was when I paid that the bursar told me that fr Eden doesn't allow android phones infact when I wanted transcript I was frustrated I was told to go to elele first then when I got there they told me to write a letter which I did then they sent me back to okija. There was no good time or moment in the school even the girls sef I no get chance security men are always at every corner I remembered every Thursday nw compulsory jogging the thing that pained most was that my friend was expelled for smoking intact all of us face panel.wait which level are you?
Bro, see my own story here. I been go Madonna go do Medical Laboratory Science in 2013 September. Then, 100level was so massive and medical laboratory students were the largest in number, we were about 700 students in med lab; about 500 were girls omo them fine die grin I also had cool friends too. Very cool and fun loving male friends. To be very honest, I had some good times at Elele, they were very memorable. What fueled me to leave was the dilapidated level of their hostels. Rats that were capable of invading plastic cupboards, bore hole in them and eat up cray fish and anyother edible they may like. Elele rats also eat up box for clothes and invade the clothing, eating them up, and shitting/urinating on the clothes making them have strong odours. You will end up washing those clothes repeatedly to remove the stench or even throw them away if you are too irritated to touch rat waste. Would I now talk about their toilets and bathrooms? In a whole hostel comprising of over 50 rooms, only one toilet and bathroom could be safe enough for use. The rest are red flags and you could contract cholera from using them. They are not even standard toilet and bathrooms. Students were forced to bath very early in the open (clothes hanging zone ) at about 5am in order to avoid using those shiite. And at nights they would have to wait until late 7-8pm to have their baths there too. As for toilets, many had adjusted to the use of throwables to defecate and flung through the fence and into the forest surrounding the hostel. So, accommodation was a very strong factor that led to my urge to leave. I was mostly uncomfortable there. But probably chief of the reasons was that I wasn't allowed to do pharmacy then. Well I wanted pharmacy that 2013, sadly I scored 186 or thereabouts though jamb that particular year had wide failures. I missed out on federal uni so I went there and was informed only 200 score above could qualify for pharmacy, I was urged to accept med lab which i did. But i wasn't comfortable graduating and practising as a med lab scientist so I met with the Dean, faculty of pharmacy and appealed if I could switch from med lab to pharmacy while promoting to 200level especially when my CGPA is high. She asked my jamb score and I informed her, then she replied sorry, no. That my jamb score will always be used to judge me hence I won't be qualified. That she would rather advise me to go get another jamb result. This was about November 2013. I was sad, I got another jamb form. Then I said to myself. Why get another jamb form for 2014 and return to madonna while you can strive hard to get admission into public university and have better chance to live offcampus ( good accommodation), as well as some level of freedom. So i got jamb form and scored a wonderful and beautiful score. I applied to uniuyo pharmacy and was given admission, I applied to madonna for pharmacy also and was given admission. My father wanted me to seriously go back to madonna despite the huge fees there. That was because he felt more safe and relaxed knowing I was there than in a public university far from home where I knew nobody. But i refused, I mean many people at Madonna wouldn't even be there if they had admission to public uni to do great course, while you want to discourage me that has it, from going. Besides he would be the one to benefit from low tuition fees at uyo. I reasoned this, then along the line after observing my strong stand. He bulged and allowed me to go there.

But let me tell you I still had some very many memorable moments at Madonna. They are just too numerous maybe I would be going offkey by sharing them here. Maybe I would have forgotten about them if I didn't go to uyo to face very depressing moments as I repeated twice in their pharmacy school. Year 1 & year 2.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by NigeriaB(m): 7:16am On Sep 19, 2020
osazsky:
dont say what u dont know..3 of my friends did it in 2005 though they dropped one yr.provided the course is accredited by nuc...ignorance will not kill us o

Tell us about your friends.... About their connect, about the money they used, about their father, etc. Was it easy for them?. I know someone who transferred from a federal uni to a state Uni and continued in dat same class.. She didn't drop a class. This is because she came from a seemingly considered higher school to a lower one that's why she continued in the same class. Moreover, her was a former VC of the state institution.

Also check the meaning of the world "easily"
Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by Adesamogun(m): 7:19am On Sep 19, 2020
Know Top Politician, Have good CGP, Have money. The rest na Small thing. Na Naija we dey
Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by ifyonline(f): 7:58am On Sep 19, 2020
Here it is possible. I transferred from a Private uni to a state uni but I lost a year. You have to check the requirements of the school you are about to transfer to.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by ifyonline(f): 8:00am On Sep 19, 2020
NigeriaB:

Tell us about your friends.... About their connect, about the money they used, about their father, etc. Was it easy for them?. I know someone who transferred from a federal uni to a state Uni and continued in dat same class.. She didn't drop a class. This is because she came from a seemingly considered higher school to a lower one that's why she continued in the same class. Moreover, her was a former VC of the state institution.

Also check the meaning of the world "easily"

I did it oo..

I didn't spend a dime

But instead year 3 , I did 200 level again

1 Like

Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by NigeriaB(m): 9:13am On Sep 19, 2020
ifyonline:

I did it oo..

I didn't spend a dime

But instead year 3 , I did 200 level again

From private to federal?
Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by Grateful02(m): 9:51pm On Sep 19, 2020
Op why transferring this period? like I mean corona has affected calenders, admission processes etc. you might end up spending much time with transfer process.
Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by edoairways: 12:09am On Sep 20, 2020
Meel:
After spending 3 years in a crisis ridden state owned university I transferred to a private university and I know so many of our colleagues that were admitted to a federal university ( Funaab to be precise).
The fact is that no one can categorically tell you the perquisite , except the institution you are transferring to.
But here are some things to consider
You are moving from a place which is less competitive ( private university) to a highly competitive university. So therefore the odds are small. This is because, most public university even overfill there quota during admission of students to 100 level, this therefore make it impossible to admit extra students.
Professional regulated courses especially the medical ones are the toughest. Here regular students are being weeded every session, so the department wouldn't want an extra baggage. Other courses regulated only by NUC are just easy cake. ( Your course of study really matters). Transfer from Gregory university Mbbs to UI Mbbs has a rare chance of occurring if not impossible but you will have high chance of transferring from Landmark university agriculture Department to Eksu agriculture Department.

It's hard not impossible, this is Nigeria in which anything can happen. But before you embark on this journey let me ask this question, which influencial staff do you know and really ready to russle it out for you??

To round it up, 3 things really matters, who you know( Buhari fit order Idowu olayinka Ui vc to admit you into any department), your course of study(e.g education courses are rarely filled up, they won't mind), and the institution you're going to.
Love this
Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by kafeii123: 7:58am On Sep 20, 2020
SkengRay:
Hi Guys I'm in 300 level I'm thinking of Transferring to a public or State University from a a private uni. Is it possible and please what are the criterias

Check your PostUTME, UTME and O-level scores... First confirm that they meet your prospective University's entry requisites.

Only after this should you go ahead to pursue such move
Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by Nobody: 3:38am On Sep 21, 2020
omoakin22:
private school yeye 300l in private will be admitted to 100l in public
You don't know anything. Your public schools are useless
Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 22, 2020
naijanaso:

To think that people are liking your post...I just don't understand. Why must everything be a child's play here. Someone is in need of a vital information that will better his life and you are happy replying with that? Let's just grow up.

Tell your father to grow up
Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 22, 2020
SheyiFCA:
"OLORIBURUKU OMO ALE ; ENEMY OF PROGRESS !

Omo ale ni daddy e
Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by naijanaso: 10:32pm On Sep 22, 2020
Righteousnesss8:

Tell your father to grow up

Very easy to detect those who don't know the value of a Father...or should I say those who don't know their Father. Receive sense! I blame Glo for free data else lowlifes will not be in this platform.
Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 23, 2020
naijanaso:

Very easy to detect those who don't know the value of a Father...or should I say those who don't know their Father. Receive sense! I blame Glo for free data else lowlifes will not be in this platform.

I can clearly see your parent are autistics
Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by naijanaso: 1:42pm On Sep 23, 2020
Righteousnesss8:

I can clearly see your parent are autistics

Because you are one right? Inherited from your lineage from your first generation angry angry grin grin grin
Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by DarkPheonix: 11:18pm On Jan 07, 2021
ifyonline:
Here it is possible. I transferred from a Private uni to a state uni but I lost a year. You have to check the requirements of the school you are about to transfer to.

All the best
Which State University did you transfer to? My friend seriously need this urgently.
Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by ifyonline(f): 3:15pm On Jan 22, 2021
DarkPheonix:

Which State University did you transfer to? My friend seriously need this urgently.

Imo State university

1 Like

Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by DarkPheonix: 3:59pm On Jan 22, 2021
ifyonline:

Imo State university
Please how did you go about it?
Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by Feyishine: 1:46pm On Feb 04, 2021
It can't be possible
You can be only transferred to the prison
Kiri Kiri or panti

Sometimes keeping quite is more sensible than saying rubbish
Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by OlaTee21: 11:04am On Dec 22, 2021
Meel:
After spending 3 years in a crisis ridden state owned university I transferred to a private university and I know so many of our colleagues that were admitted to a federal university ( Funaab to be precise).
The fact is that no one can categorically tell you the perquisite , except the institution you are transferring to.
But here are some things to consider
You are moving from a place which is less competitive ( private university) to a highly competitive university. So therefore the odds are small. This is because, most public university even overfill there quota during admission of students to 100 level, this therefore make it impossible to admit extra students.
Professional regulated courses especially the medical ones are the toughest. Here regular students are being weeded every session, so the department wouldn't want an extra baggage. Other courses regulated only by NUC are just easy cake. ( Your course of study really matters). Transfer from Gregory university Mbbs to UI Mbbs has a rare chance of occurring if not impossible but you will have high chance of transferring from Landmark university agriculture Department to Eksu agriculture Department.

It's hard not impossible, this is Nigeria in which anything can happen. But before you embark on this journey let me ask this question, which influencial staff do you know and really ready to russle it out for you??

To round it up, 3 things really matters, who you know( Buhari fit order Idowu olayinka Ui vc to admit you into any department), your course of study(e.g education courses are rarely filled up, they won't mind), and the institution you're going to.

I'm currently a student of OAU, just finished 100lvl with a reasonably okay GP, I want to know if I can transfer to a private University
Re: Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? by Meel: 1:45pm On Dec 22, 2021
OlaTee21:

I'm currently a student of OAU, just finished 100lvl with a reasonably okay GP, I want to know if I can transfer to a private University
I can't categorically answer your question.

But the following factors will determine the success of your endeavor.

Which of the private university are you transfering to??
Which course are you studying?
Which course are you transferring to??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Federal University Oye Ekiti 2012/2013 Admission / Aregbesola Commissions The Kings University Ode-Omu / Bishop Oyedepo: New Kings University Under Construction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.