Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

1 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 1 (1319 Views)

Dried Bamboo To Tissue Production Factory Launched In Akwa Ibom Today (Photos) / Tissue Paper Business Plan / How To Start A Window Blind And Wall Paper Business With Zero-capital In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

1 by ezugegere(m): 10:20pm On Sep 17, 2020
sad sad sad sad
Re: 1 by dedons: 10:41pm On Sep 17, 2020
ezugegere:
Transport business (boat in Lagos), Tissue paper business in Lagos or Cassava Processing business in Ogun or Ondo state, which would you advise?
A steering boat in Lagos costs about 3.5m to build. If you have an honest boat driver, running Apapa to Badagry or Ikorodu, he should deliver 15k to 20 daily, Monday to Friday.
Tissue paper, I don't really know much about it, but with 3 to N5m, one can set up a small scale tissue paper factory, from what I read online. Is the market good?
Cassava/Garri processing; you need to be where you easily have access to cassava farmers, you need more labourers and what about security? market?

Assuming the resources is available for any of these three, which do you suggest one goes for?
The tissue paper for me is the best.

Please let me know when you commence as I have a lot to learn from tissue paper production.

1 Like

Re: 1 by dawnomike(m): 10:55pm On Sep 17, 2020
If you can get a honest boat rider... It is better to venture into that. Quick ROI and daily income guaranteed.

NB: Never underestimate the power of daily income

1 Like

Re: 1 by ezugegere(m): 10:59pm On Sep 17, 2020
dedons:
The tissue paper for me is the best.

Please let me know when you commence as I have a lot to learn from tissue paper production.

I wish there's someone who knows much about the tissue paper thing that can throw more light on it
Re: 1 by ezugegere(m): 11:00pm On Sep 17, 2020
dawnomike:
If you can get a honest boat rider... It is better to venture into that. Quick ROI and daily income guaranteed.

NB: Never underestimate the power of daily income

HONEST RIDER is the koko in this one
Re: 1 by Godofjoy(m): 12:00am On Sep 18, 2020
Kindly shed more light on Boat transportation. Where can one get a boat? Is it to be constructed locally here in Nigeria? Or is it to be bought somewhere? Which association does one need to belong to to be able to operate this? Where can one get enough information if one is intereted in this business? Thanks as I await your answers.
Re: 1 by Mide3367: 4:30am On Sep 18, 2020
Godofjoy:
Kindly shed more light on Boat transportation. Where can one get a boat? Is it to be constructed locally here in Nigeria? Or is it to be bought somewhere? Which association does one need to belong to to be able to operate this? Where can one get enough information if one is intereted in this business? Thanks as I await your answers.
Google is ur friend grin
Re: 1 by ezugegere(m): 9:53am On Sep 18, 2020
Godofjoy:
Boat transportation has come to stay in Lagos because of constant hold ups on the roads leading to the islands. Imagine spending 5 hours to move from CMS to Badagry whereby goiby boat will take less than 1hr 30min. The fare is N1500 and a steering boat would carry at least 15 passengers. Let's say he makes only 2 trips per day,, that's 30*1.5.
Fuel and other things cannot be more than 12k.
So giving you 15k should not be too much, right?
These fibre boats are built in Lagos here. A steering boat would typically costs about N3m to build with the engine (Tokumbo 200HP Yamaha engine)
With the registration with the union (about 150k) and other things, just budget N3.5m and you're good to go

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1 by Theophinio(m): 11:17pm On Jan 19, 2021
ezugegere:

Boat transportation has come to stay in Lagos because of constant hold ups on the roads leading to the islands. Imagine spending 5 hours to move from CMS to Badagry whereby goiby boat will take less than 1hr 30min. The fare is N1500 and a steering boat would carry at least 15 passengers. Let's say he makes only 2 trips per day,, that's 30*1.5.
These fibre boats are built in Lagos here. A steering boat would typically costs about N3m to build with the engine (Tokumbo 200HP Yamaha engine)
With the registration with the union (about 150k) and other things, just budget N3.5m and you're good to go

Hi boss
What about you buying or constructing the boat/ferry and give it to a maritime company to handle for you
Maybe it will be safer that way
Re: 1 by ezugegere(m): 9:01am On Jan 20, 2021
Theophinio:

Hi boss
What about you buying or constructing the boat/ferry and give it to a maritime company to handle for you
Maybe it will be safer that way
I don't know about that
Re: 1 by SavageResponse(m): 9:22am On Jan 20, 2021
ezugegere:

You already know a lot about boat business in Lagos.

What then is the purpose of this thread?

(1) (Reply)

Airtel Rips Off Zain Subscribers. / Nospecto / Why Don't Most Nigerians Go To The Bank With A Pen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.