Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,078 members, 7,811,020 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

John Fashanu Celebrates His 58th Birthday Today - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / John Fashanu Celebrates His 58th Birthday Today (24496 Views)

John Fashanu: I Earn N5 Million Monthly As Ex - England Player / Amal Fashanu, My Daughter Pays The Bills - John Fashanu (Photos) / John Fashanu Celebrates His 55th Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

John Fashanu Celebrates His 58th Birthday Today by lalasticlala(m): 9:08am On Sep 18, 2020
John Fashanu Turns 58 Today

John Fashanu (born 18 September 1962) is a British television presenter and former professional footballer. In his former career, he was a centre-forward from 1978 until 1995, most notably in an eight-year spell at Wimbledon F.C. in which he won the FA Cup in 1988 and scored over 100 goals in all competitions.

He also played for Norwich City, Miramar Rangers, Lincoln City, Crystal Palace, Millwall and Aston Villa. He scored 134 league goals in a career lasting 17 years. He was also capped twice at senior level by England, but failed to score on either occasion.

Following his football career he went on to co-host British television show Gladiators in the 1990s, and between 2003 and 2004 he managed his own Sunday league football side Fash FC on Bravo.

Early life
Fashanu was born in Kensington, London, the son of Pearl Gopal, a nurse from British Guiana and Patrick Fashanu, a Nigerian barrister living in the UK. When his parents split up he was sent, together with his older brother Justin to a Barnardo's home. When he was five, he and his brother were fostered by Alf and Betty Jackson and were brought up in Shropham near Attleborough, Norfolk.

Personal life
Fashanu, who was the younger brother of Justin Fashanu, disowned his brother after the latter came out as gay, telling The Voice that Justin was "an outcast". After Justin took his own life in 1998, Fashanu expressed remorse for abandoning his brother.

Fashanu has two sons, Amir and Akio, and two daughters, Alana and Amal.

Fashanu has been married three times, according to a documentary on football culture made by his daughter Amal. He met his first wife, a Spaniard, when they were both 18. That marriage broke up when Amal was two years old.

Fashanu also holds a black belt in Karate.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Fashanu

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Fashanu Celebrates His 58th Birthday Today by Froshloaded: 9:09am On Sep 18, 2020
Happy birthday Mah niggar

7 Likes

Re: John Fashanu Celebrates His 58th Birthday Today by daddytime(m): 9:11am On Sep 18, 2020
Happy birthday Abuja guyman.

I surprise say no be Alex carry this news.

31 Likes

Re: John Fashanu Celebrates His 58th Birthday Today by Sollykay41(m): 9:11am On Sep 18, 2020
Hbd man, long life and prosperity!

Meanwhile, come and get your 1 acre(six plots) of land with just 500,000 in our ongoing promo. You also stand a chance of getting a bag of rice and gallon of vegetable oil. Kindly reach us on our signature.

1 Like

Re: John Fashanu Celebrates His 58th Birthday Today by BigEcommerce: 9:12am On Sep 18, 2020
Happy Birthday Man!

Do you have products you sell? Why not get an online ecommerce store to showcase and sell the products to your customers, fully automated. Check my signature for contact details.

1 Like

Re: John Fashanu Celebrates His 58th Birthday Today by Samsimple(m): 9:13am On Sep 18, 2020
Happy birthday sir. Still looking fresh at 58

4 Likes

Re: John Fashanu Celebrates His 58th Birthday Today by topshotnista(m): 9:13am On Sep 18, 2020
Happy birthday

2 Likes

Re: John Fashanu Celebrates His 58th Birthday Today by Yankiss(m): 9:13am On Sep 18, 2020
Hmmm. Age is something that always climbs. At least this one is not football age because he started in England. If it's Nigeria you will hear John Fash turns 38 today. grin grin grin Congratulations and many more blissful years ahead. I understand why you refused to represent Naija!!

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: John Fashanu Celebrates His 58th Birthday Today by Dangrace01: 9:14am On Sep 18, 2020
Hbd
Re: John Fashanu Celebrates His 58th Birthday Today by chingle5(m): 9:14am On Sep 18, 2020
Sorry who is this.... I don't think i know him
Re: John Fashanu Celebrates His 58th Birthday Today by EMXTAN1(m): 9:14am On Sep 18, 2020
Ok.. congratulations
Re: John Fashanu Celebrates His 58th Birthday Today by drlaykay(m): 9:15am On Sep 18, 2020
Happy birthday sir
But where are the young talents you were grooming back then?
Those guys will be old by now without any impact.

2 Likes

Re: John Fashanu Celebrates His 58th Birthday Today by Houseofglam7(f): 9:15am On Sep 18, 2020
undecided
Re: John Fashanu Celebrates His 58th Birthday Today by Obierika(m): 9:15am On Sep 18, 2020
Happy Birthday John Fashanu!

The guy who chose to play for England over Nigeria, great decision grin

5 Likes

Re: John Fashanu Celebrates His 58th Birthday Today by Tab4kids(f): 9:15am On Sep 18, 2020
cry
Re: John Fashanu Celebrates His 58th Birthday Today by Perfecttouchade: 9:15am On Sep 18, 2020
Ok
Re: John Fashanu Celebrates His 58th Birthday Today by Kobicove(m): 9:15am On Sep 18, 2020
Chai!

Fash the Bash don old o.

That one mean say me sef don dey old be that cheesy
Re: John Fashanu Celebrates His 58th Birthday Today by Mowsid(m): 9:16am On Sep 18, 2020
see as him fine when him dey young. More years
Re: John Fashanu Celebrates His 58th Birthday Today by Bobotic(m): 9:16am On Sep 18, 2020
Happy Birthday Senior Man !!!

1 Like

Re: John Fashanu Celebrates His 58th Birthday Today by lekki1444: 9:17am On Sep 18, 2020
fash the bash
Re: John Fashanu Celebrates His 58th Birthday Today by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 18, 2020
H
Re: John Fashanu Celebrates His 58th Birthday Today by UDUJ(m): 9:17am On Sep 18, 2020
Happy birthday bro.

Age is something you can never cheat. That's why you have to make hay while the sun shines. Even me self don dey old small small cheesy

1 Like

Re: John Fashanu Celebrates His 58th Birthday Today by addexx: 9:18am On Sep 18, 2020
58 shocked shocked . Thought he was still in his forties. Mehn he's got great genes. cry

1 Like

Re: John Fashanu Celebrates His 58th Birthday Today by OkhaiAsein(m): 9:18am On Sep 18, 2020
this one wey nairaland dey celebrate celebrities birthday so
me too my birthday is around the corner o
check my signature
Re: John Fashanu Celebrates His 58th Birthday Today by DropsMic(m): 9:19am On Sep 18, 2020
Happy Birthday Sir
Re: John Fashanu Celebrates His 58th Birthday Today by dyera(m): 9:19am On Sep 18, 2020
I had no idea this man is this old, that his football career was in the 80s.

Meanwhile, those of you that will be going to vote tomorrow, no vote for broom o, no vote for broom. Vote the umbrella party.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo And Teammates Celebrate Nations League Win With Fans(Photos) / Megan Rapinoe Wins Women's Ballon D'or / AFCON Final Massive Crowd At Awka Viewing Center Last Night(video& Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.