Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Gambian President Hits Out At African Union Over Gaddafi Protests - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gambian President Hits Out At African Union Over Gaddafi Protests (7383 Views)

Should The African Union Sue The U.S And The European Union Over Slavery? / African Union Should Withdraw From Somalia- From A Somali / Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gambian President Hits Out At African Union Over Gaddafi Protests by Kobojunkie: 4:19pm On Feb 27, 2011
pleep:

So is ghaddafi going to step down just because the African union tells him to? No. Does the African union have any real power?no. does the African union have an aircraft carrier or nuclear wepons? No. So let's be frank the African union is a poinless organization that is not united to begin with, And ghadafi is it's leader.

It's interesting how, the same you would be up in arms if this was a thread with UN and UN member states calling for Ghaddafi to step down. What has owning of nuclear weapons, and aircraft carriers to do with the power of the AU? Who told you Ghaddafi is the leader of the organization?
Re: Gambian President Hits Out At African Union Over Gaddafi Protests by Nobody: 10:18pm On Feb 27, 2011
so beaf now has mouth to be abusing gadaffi.
Re: Gambian President Hits Out At African Union Over Gaddafi Protests by pleep(m): 10:54pm On Feb 27, 2011
Kobojunkie:

It's interesting how, the same you would be up in arms if this was a thread with UN and UN member states calling for Qaddafi to step down. What has owning of nuclear weapons, and aircraft carriers to do with the power of the AU? Who told you Qaddafi is the leader of the organization?

ha ha the Aircraft carrier bit was just an inside joke,  But yes I'm not a big fan of the U.N either. its really just a paper tiger. for example during the crisis in Rwanda and Sudan were was the U.N? they only came in after the violence ended for peacekeeping, and when the U.N accused Israel of war crimes, nothing became of that either. they really only seem to be capable of acting in Americas intrests. like Cuba and K. Korea,  do you think the children in N. Korea  would be starving without the U.N sanctions?,  and to make matters worse when sanctions were proposed on the united states because by a Latin American country (guatamala?) it made it all the way to the security council were it was voted down by,  guess who?
if the U.N is this ineffective what makes the A.U any different?
Ghaddafi is not the official leader of the A.U. but he is the "king of kings of africa" remember? and the primary finiancier of the organization
Re: Gambian President Hits Out At African Union Over Gaddafi Protests by Ibime(m): 2:39am On Feb 28, 2011
If Jammeh was Nigerian, he woulda been toppled years ago. Gambian Presidential Palace is as open to the public as Dodan barracks. Anyone with some ballz can invade there. Infact, what is Edward Singhateh waiting for?
Re: Gambian President Hits Out At African Union Over Gaddafi Protests by Nobody: 2:42am On Feb 28, 2011
So is this Gambiam president also a sit-tight president? lipsrsealed

"The AU should not and cannot play second fiddle in situations as we now see them happening on the continent," Jammeh's statement said.

"If the AU cannot stop the carnage taking place in some of its member states, then it cannot be in a position to bring a continental government capable of lifting Africa out of abject poverty and under-development. Whether Black or Arab Africa, we are all Africans without discrimination."

Bla bla. . . . whatever. So when all this ish was going on before it turn out to be a brutal protest, what were African countries doing? Why arent they enforcing true democracy?

If they want to start something now, they need to weed out all the S-T presidents across Africa.
Re: Gambian President Hits Out At African Union Over Gaddafi Protests by Mariory(m): 8:50am On Feb 28, 2011
Hopefully, both Jammeh and Mugabe are next to be b!tch slapped by their people.
Re: Gambian President Hits Out At African Union Over Gaddafi Protests by rasputinn(m): 10:02am On Feb 28, 2011
Yaya Jameh,be careful now,be verrrrrrrrrry careful.
This' how Gadafi ranted his "support" for the protesters in Egypt,then pronto karma then sent the protesters to Libya.Yaya Jameh,I say be careful
Re: Gambian President Hits Out At African Union Over Gaddafi Protests by DeeJay20: 12:51pm On Feb 28, 2011
cap28:

It never ceases to amaze me how these african leaders continue to show how desperate they are to be accepted by their white masters - this high school dropout who gained power through a military coup and has been in office for almost 20 years now thinks he is qualified to criticise Gadaffi.

What has Yahahya Jammeh done for his people other than hand Gambia over to lebanese and british business men to make money while leaving his people to wallow in poverty, i don't blame him.

ROFLMAO!!!

A White lady (English lass) that i worked with at an Investment
bank some years back had a chat with me via phone on saturday morning and told me that she was in Gambia last October 2010 for Holiday,

She says that alot of Brits are there doing bsuiness,

And alot of Young Gambian men are [b]"toy-boys" [/b]for white women who visit
there!!!
Re: Gambian President Hits Out At African Union Over Gaddafi Protests by 77ken: 1:50pm On Feb 28, 2011
If saying the truth makes one a mofo then Nigerians will have brillant leaders for the forseeable future.

Whatever the man is doing wrong in his country does not come in here, what he said is true, the A.U can not be silent on issues that concern member states and expect to get the respect of other world bodies.
The U.N. Britain, The E.U and others have made their feelings known about someone using a country military to murder it`s own citizenry. And the A.U which is affected directly has not made a comment.
You guys are here critizing the man for saying the right thing.

Thats y Nigeria has the kind of leadership we presently have, it`s what we deserve cos of the kind of people we are.
Re: Gambian President Hits Out At African Union Over Gaddafi Protests by cap28: 2:04pm On Feb 28, 2011
DeeJay20:

ROFLMAO!!!

A White lady (English lass) that i worked with at an Investment
bank some years back had a chat with me via phone on saturday morning and told me that she was in Gambia last October 2010 for Holiday,

She says that alot of Brits are there doing bsuiness,

And alot of Young Gambian men are [b]"toy-boys" [/b]for white women who visit
there!!!

She's right, i went there on holiday 3 years ago, its a tiny strip of land carved out of Senegal with beautiful beaches however none of the tourist spots are owned by indigenous gambian people, just british and lebanese people.

There is very little development outside the tourist areas, a lot of the young men and women are unemployed and hang around the tourist joints preying on western tourists.

Yahaya Jammeh has been in power for almost 20 years and has done nothing for his people other than open the country up to foreign predatory businesses, therefore he is not qualified to stand in judgement against anyone and definitely not Gadaffi.
Re: Gambian President Hits Out At African Union Over Gaddafi Protests by kodewrita(m): 3:28pm On Feb 28, 2011
The AU cant because it was largely bankrolled by Ghaddafi and besides he propped up most of their governments including Gambia and Chad. Jammeh is simply playing to the gallery and he should be next in line when we start "Toppling Dictators Africa --Season 1"
Re: Gambian President Hits Out At African Union Over Gaddafi Protests by showstopa: 4:36pm On Feb 28, 2011
[b](In July 2010, Jammeh said at a rally, "Whether you like it or not, no coup will end my government, no elections can end my government. By God's grace I will rule this country as long as I wish and choose someone to replace me." [15] The same month, he added "Come 2011, whether you vote for me or not, I will win," and "If any area chooses to be with the opposition, let them go ahead and expect no benefit from my government.[/

Lord Help Us
Re: Gambian President Hits Out At African Union Over Gaddafi Protests by feyiona(m): 4:49pm On Feb 28, 2011
How can AU reply when they are no beta than Gadafi make dem talk make dem citizens take up arms against dem abi
Re: Gambian President Hits Out At African Union Over Gaddafi Protests by gshefiu: 5:02pm On Feb 28, 2011
Please include Obasanjo in the list of longest serving president. Abi na who dey scatter naija since 1999?
Re: Gambian President Hits Out At African Union Over Gaddafi Protests by bisiaet: 5:02pm On Feb 28, 2011
Oh heaven who is telling a tyrant like himself to step down. What is the different between him and Ghadaffi? The only different to my own knowledge and experience as per this guy is we havent known what he will use to kill any body who protest in his own country.

Pls Mr Man though when you came to power I supported for booting out the old for nothing corrupt Jawara but it became unfortunate at the line of leadership you too took the red line and go weird so sad indeed so please my friend just keep quiet for now because you are not different from Ghadaffi.
Re: Gambian President Hits Out At African Union Over Gaddafi Protests by JUO(m): 6:07pm On Feb 28, 2011
no way better than Ghadaffi or because gambians have not started their own protest ?
GBAM
Re: Gambian President Hits Out At African Union Over Gaddafi Protests by mukina2: 6:32pm On Feb 28, 2011
cap28:

Yahaya Jammeh has been in power for almost 20 years
16+

will be 17 years on July 22nd.
Re: Gambian President Hits Out At African Union Over Gaddafi Protests by Amhatu(m): 7:41pm On Feb 28, 2011
Its really sad whats going on today in Northern Africa. Will our Leaders all over Africa ever learn?

Gaddafi signs agreements with the eneimies of Africa starting (15 May 2006) for oil agreements. Now The western Criminals seemingly want to intervene because they will lose money on thier oil revenue so sad.

The Sad part is some of our leaders in Africa are used like cheap prostitutes so sad.
Re: Gambian President Hits Out At African Union Over Gaddafi Protests by rasputinn(m): 8:15pm On Feb 28, 2011
mukina2:

16+

will be 17 years on July 22nd.

Blimey,I forgot this is Muki's presido,my dear sist if every other Gambian is not enlightened(of course this is not so)and without internet exposure,you have all the exposure in the world,so please start the revolution in Gambia(except you follow for Jameh govt)
Re: Gambian President Hits Out At African Union Over Gaddafi Protests by cap28: 9:28pm On Feb 28, 2011
Amhatu:

Its really sad whats going on today in Northern Africa. Will our Leaders all over Africa ever learn?

Gaddafi signs agreements with the eneimies of Africa starting (15 May 2006) for oil agreements. Now The western Criminals seemingly want to intervene because they will lose money on thier oil revenue so sad.

The Sad part is some of our leaders in Africa are used like cheap love-peddlers so sad.

Amhatu i hear Sudan is next on the list of countries to be destabilised by US sponsored protest groups - the aim being to shut down China's access to oil exports.
Re: Gambian President Hits Out At African Union Over Gaddafi Protests by orbaxy(m): 9:41pm On Feb 28, 2011
Until Gambians objects the leadership of their president, you people have no right to fault his comment or disposition concerning the current crisis in Libya.
So far, they've not called for his ousting.
It baffles me how talented some Nairalanders are when it comes to fabricating a written abuse, well structured in syntax only befitting an English professor.

Beaf, do you derive some form of elation  howbeit apparent, whenever you throw your venom around?
Re: Gambian President Hits Out At African Union Over Gaddafi Protests by adconline(m): 9:48pm On Feb 28, 2011
Kettle calling Pot black, This Gambian megalomaniac once told Gambians that he would "win" every election in their country with or without their votes.
Re: Gambian President Hits Out At African Union Over Gaddafi Protests by cold(m): 10:22pm On Feb 28, 2011
cap28:

Amhatu i hear Sudan is next on the list of countries to be destabilised by US sponsored protest groups - the aim being to shut down China's access to oil exports.
In your blind rage & hatred for America & its allies you have failed to give any credit to the protesters in those countries fighting & dying for what is just & right.Is it that you think these protests are uneccessary & misplaced.It is about time you start acknowledging the efforts of the citizens of the affected countries.
Are you saying it was the US that precipitated the demonstrations in Egypt,America's strongest ally in the mid east for over 30 years?Like someone alluded,you must be high on cow dung or something in similar mould
Re: Gambian President Hits Out At African Union Over Gaddafi Protests by Amhatu(m): 10:40pm On Feb 28, 2011
cap28:

@cap28 , USA (DC criminals)  have been attempting these things in Sudan for long time now as you see the recent vote for South Sudan Succession.

The fake missionaries come teach and groom the people with the notion of democracy in preperation for western oil thieves to steal oil.

Also Its my opinion the demonstrations in Egypt,Tunisia,Libya and similar places are not inspired by  westerner Intillegence agencies.
However western Intillegence agencies seem to want to hijack the sitiuation due to the unknown outcomes not favorable to thier ruthless capitalist positions.
Re: Gambian President Hits Out At African Union Over Gaddafi Protests by cap28: 10:47pm On Feb 28, 2011
Yahaya Jammeh was trained at the notorious school of the americas (a US run military academy ) most of the alumni of this school are military dictators who came to power through military coup d'etats another famous alumni of this school is former dictator of Panama Manuel Noriega.

Jammeh should remember how the US govt turned against Noriega when he stopped following their orders, he should also remember that the US invaded Panama, destroyed Noriega's army and arrested him and took him to Miami where he served over 20 years in a miami jail.  

I can assure him that if he ever falls out of favour with america the same treatment will be meted out to  him.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/intell/library/reports/crs/soa.htm
Re: Gambian President Hits Out At African Union Over Gaddafi Protests by Amhatu(m): 10:53pm On Feb 28, 2011
@ cap28, I  agree .  Ruthless Capitalism does not matter your ethnicity,Religon or other these people train Administrations inorder for them to do thier bidding.  It is time for indirect colonialsm to be kicked out of Africa.
Re: Gambian President Hits Out At African Union Over Gaddafi Protests by cap28: 11:32pm On Feb 28, 2011
cold:

In your blind rage & hatred for America & its allies you have failed to give any credit to the protesters in those countries fighting & dying for what is just & right.Is it that you think these protests are uneccessary & misplaced.It is about time you start acknowledging the efforts of the citizens of the affected countries.
Are you saying it was the US that precipitated the demonstrations in Egypt,America's strongest ally in the mid east for over 30 years?Like someone alluded,you must be high on cow dung or something in similar mould

In your blind and unswerving loyalty to the very people who hate you, you willingly swallow the propaganda of the western corporate media.

If you had followed my previous posts regarding these recent "revolutions" in the middle east you would have discovered that i acknowledged and gave credit to the protesters who were initially involved in the movement in Egypt, what i did say however was that these protest movement had subsequently been hijacked by elements who were being funded by US intelligence groups.  

The problem with people like you is that you have no knowledge or understanding of US foreign policy this means that you will always be easy prey to propagandists with a hidden agenda.  If you had any knowledge or understanding of how america and other western nations have operated throughout the world i would not be having this convesation with you.

You dont have to take my word for anything just apply critical thinking for once , the people who you defend are actively working to keep you in a position of eternal subservience but it will only become obvious to you when its too late.

If you are truly interestesed in educating yourself and not simply following and swallowing propaganda, learn to keep an open mind.

There is no excuse for being an ignoramus in the age of information technology, I would advise you to google the following NGO's and the role they have been playing in colour revolutions in  the middle east:  NED (National Endowment for Democracy) and  Freedom House .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_lu2TwmdyE
Re: Gambian President Hits Out At African Union Over Gaddafi Protests by cold(m): 11:57pm On Feb 28, 2011
^^Mr know it all,i dare say when it comes to issues bordering on International Relations and America's hegemony and foriegn policy you knowledge in this area would fit into the back of an envelope & is nowhere comparable to mine so don't even go there.
At no point have i praised the actions or comments of the West because anyone with a brain the size of an apple would know better than to take their concerns for 'us' seriously.My point is you're blinded by your pariochial thoughts & in the process denigrated the actions of folks who want nothing but to live as comfy as those who rule them.And do not mistake my stand as 'love' for the libyans,i know better than to think in that direction unlike your deep love for Gadaffi.
Re: Gambian President Hits Out At African Union Over Gaddafi Protests by DeeJay20: 12:27am On Mar 01, 2011
cap28:

She's right, i went there on holiday 3 years ago, its a tiny strip of land carved out of Senegal with beautiful beaches however none of the tourist spots are owned by indigenous gambian people, just british and lebanese people.

There is very little development outside the tourist areas, a lot of the young men and women are unemployed and hang around the tourist joints preying on western tourists.

Yahaya Jammeh has been in power for almost 20 years and has done nothing for his people other than open the country up to foreign predatory businesses, therefore he is not qualified to stand in judgement against anyone and definitely not Gadaffi.

Hmm so the Pot is calling the Kettle black ie the Gambian Leader chatting "a load of Crock at the UN"
Re: Gambian President Hits Out At African Union Over Gaddafi Protests by Emmy3(m): 12:29am On Mar 01, 2011
{{{OUTSIDE THE TOPIC}}}

email me on egbuneemmy@gmail.com to get your free copy of an E-book on how to browse free with your decoder acting as modem.
Re: Gambian President Hits Out At African Union Over Gaddafi Protests by DeeJay20: 12:35am On Mar 01, 2011
cold:

^^Mr know it all,i dare say when it comes to issues bordering on International Relations and America's hegemony and foriegn policy you knowledge in this area would fit into the back of an envelope & is nowhere comparable to mine so don't even go there.
At no point have i praised the actions or comments of the West because anyone with a brain the size of an apple would know better than to take their concerns for 'us' seriously.My point is you're blinded by your pariochial thoughts & in the process denigrated the actions of folks who want nothing but to live as comfy as those who rule them.And do not mistake my stand as 'love' for the libyans,i know better than to think in that direction unlike your deep love for Gadaffi.

Cold dont get it twisted, what the North-Africans/Arab countries are protesting for
is not totally being reported correctly in the western media.

I Have been talking to some tunisians and egyptians and they are saying that
their causes are being mis-reresented and distorted by the main stream media in
many ways,

In a nutshell, they want the IMF Policiesimplemnted by their leaders dismantled
and changed especially in relation to agriculture and land use/reform and they want more representation for the people and their wishes in legistalion and Govt Policy and they want more Indigenous business to control the resources of their countries,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Malala Nominated For Nobel Peace Prize / The Ivory Coast Crisis - Another Perspective / US To Become The World's Largest Oil Producer By 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.