Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,237 members, 7,825,919 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

How To Produce Your Own Toothpaste At Home - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Produce Your Own Toothpaste At Home (412 Views)

We Make The Toothpaste You Use- White Lady Attack Africans Over Refusal To Take / How Much Toothpaste Should You Use On Your Toothbrush / If Your Toothpaste Contains Fluoride, Please Change It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Produce Your Own Toothpaste At Home by efogator(f): 3:50pm On Sep 18, 2020
Friends, in this article, I will be sharing with the simple way to produce your own toothpaste at home; trust me, after reading this, you will no longer waste your money buying toothpaste.

You will bear me witness that there are many brands of toothpaste all over the world, many of which we cannot afford financially, and many we cannot tell how and where they were produced.

Over the years the human generation has used various things for brushing their teeth, we have heard many tales where our grand parents and great grand parents used grinded ceramic plate with hints of pepper then they apply it on chewing stick to brush their teeth.

some people use bitter leaf stick while some prefer to use guava stick, different sticks, or charcoals to brush their teeth; this is why you need to know how to produce your own toothpaste at home.

The most commonly used is salt and charcoals, will agree with me that when you are down financially, you will resolve to using salt/charcoals; I have used it when my toothpaste was finished.

Sounds funny right?

Now, let me share with you how to produce your own toothpaste at home:

Required Tools To Produce Your Own Toothpaste at Home:

• Blender

• Measuring spoon

• Small bowl

• Packaging containers

Required Ingredients To Produce Your Own Toothpaste at Home:

• Baking soda - 6 tablespoons

• Salt - 1/2 teaspoon

• Coconut oil - 2 tablespoons

• Water - 2 tablespoons

• Menthol (as desired)

• Baking Soda: Acts as an abrasive for peeling of thick, hard stains from the teeth and also shines the teeth.

• Salt: Acts as an abrasive, cleaning agent and a salivating agent which aids easy brushing.

• Coconut oil: Protects the enamel and gums. It also acts as an antioxidant and antimicrobial agent.

• Water: You only need this in little quantities so as to wet the mixture. You can also add more water if the paste looks too thick.

• Menthol: Though is not compulsory, this is needed so the toothpaste can have a refreshing taste when used.

How To Produce Your Own Toothpaste at Home:

• Step 1: Pour coconut oil into the bowl

• Step 2: Add menthol into it and stir

• Step 3: Add salt and stir

• Step 4: Pour in the baking powder and stir well till it become moisturized

• Step 5: Add water. You can also add more to the mixture if the paste is not soft to your satisfaction

• Step 6: Put it in a blender and blend it to a fine paste

• Step 7: Pour it in a container and apply whenever you want to use it.
Finally, on how to produce your own toothpaste at home

This is what anyone can do at home and at any time.

Why You Should Produce Your Own Toothpaste at Home:

• it is economical
• it cut down your budget
• it gives you clean and sparkling teeth
• you are very sure of what you are using

The only thing you will spend money on is menthol. If you have Peppermint leaf at home, you can make peppermint oil or just grind the leaf then add it to it.

Friends, this is just how to produce your own toothpaste at home.

Source: https://kenotips.com.ng/how-to-produce-your-own-toothpaste-at-home/

1 Like

Re: How To Produce Your Own Toothpaste At Home by olufemi247(m): 7:25pm On Sep 19, 2020
this is very interesting, i will try it ...and see if it works.
thanks for the info
Re: How To Produce Your Own Toothpaste At Home by efogator(f): 9:27pm On Sep 19, 2020
olufemi247:
this is very interesting, i will try it ...and see if it works.

thanks for the info

You are welcome Olufemi
Re: How To Produce Your Own Toothpaste At Home by descarado: 9:36pm On Sep 19, 2020
Great tips.
But please, replace the baking soda.

(1) (Reply)

How To Write A Blog For SEO? / Sotitobire Ondo Court Judgement Na Life Imprisonment For Prophet Alfa Babatunde / Lagos Court Jails Popular Prophet, Genesis For Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.