Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,854 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Dr. Chinyere Ohiri: Willie Willie 1980s Horror Film Actor - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Dr. Chinyere Ohiri: Willie Willie 1980s Horror Film Actor (81971 Views)

Nigerian Variety Shows Of The 1980s. / Queen Chinyere Faustina Seeks Support To Be On BBNaija 2022 / Innocent Chinyere Ohiri: The Man Who Tormented Us In The 80's (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr. Chinyere Ohiri: Willie Willie 1980s Horror Film Actor by bigfrancis21: 5:19am On Sep 19, 2020
robosky02:

Hot cash is a Nigerian horror TV Series that was aired regularly on NTA (Nigerian Television Authority) in the 80’s and was popularly called Willie Willie in all social circles back then.

This series was based on the story of a young boy called Willie Willie who was sacrificed by a family member he lived with; apparently for money ritual.

He eventually came back as a vengeful spirit/ghost to haunt his relative, but also every single person in the ‘Hot Cash’ universe that was greedy or evil.

So at such times when the nine slasher episodes of Nightmare on Elms street aired on NTA, Willie Willie was also showing.

The funny thing was that, to most of us who were privy to see both movies, Willie Willie was much scarier; probably because it was indigenous.

NTA had a habit of showing Willie Willie at sun down and every Nigerian child that survived an episode of Willie Willie had a similitude of humility and calmness, probably because they were scared out of their wits and afraid that Willie Willie will haunt them if they tried being evil or stubborn.

In retrospect, Willie Willie should have been named Krampus and administered with the highest level of parental guidance. Any home that dared to watch Willie Willie did not require a babysitter as every kid in the family was well behaved out of fear.

I started having my first bout of nightmares around the time I started watching Willie Willie and these nightmares were surreal.

I also started having sleep paralysis around this time, though I cannot really tell if I was actually being visited by an actual succubus, but something was always pinning me down in my sleep.

I will not be able to move, scream or save myself while the dark figure defiles me and saps me of my energy.

My fear of the dark intensified around this time also and I could not walk into a dark room even if my life depended on it.

At night, I will risk suffocation by sleeping with the covers pulled over my head and any day the covers fall off my body due to my tussling in sleep, I most definitely experienced sleep paralysis.

The event that broke the proverbial camel’s back and scared me for most of my adolescent and teenage life was on the day my siblings played a prank on me.

As the last born of five children, I ensured that I watched Willie Willie in the company of my siblings. I know that at this point, you will ask why I watched this TV series even though it had such adverse effect(s) on me; well the show was so properly written, it was addictive, and asides Super Ted and Voltron the defender of the universe, nothing really appealed to me much on NTA.

So on this fateful day, it was sun down and as usual, we were watching Willie Willie with the lights off – perfect conditions for watching movies on a black and white TV; little did I know that while I was so engrossed in watching the show, my siblings had snuck out of the dark sitting room one after the other. (I know my sibling will read this, and be like, how did he remember; I never forget is what it is.)

As the ending credits scrolled up, I looked around the sitting room to find only empty seats.

What happened next is as good your guess as mine.

WILLIE WILLIE SCARRED ME *sobs*

Note: You too can watch Willie Willie on Youtube; search ‘hot cash+willie willie’ on Youtube.

Source: 9jamachine (via Opera News )

Tags:

Kai Willie Willie was damn scary grin

I watched the series too but preferred to watch it while hiding behind my father. grin

1 Like

Re: Dr. Chinyere Ohiri: Willie Willie 1980s Horror Film Actor by goodman5(m): 5:21am On Sep 19, 2020
Those days
Re: Dr. Chinyere Ohiri: Willie Willie 1980s Horror Film Actor by bigfrancis21: 5:26am On Sep 19, 2020
IME1:

grin my dear for me na pot of life baaaaad gan
Pot of life?! To worsen it I heard it had some element of truth in it.

Do you know I still have clips of both?
If you grew up in any state that had NTA and a state TV station in the early 80s and mid 90s before 1999 democracy, and you had access to TV especially coloured,
You were made for life cheesy grin tongue

I’d love to get some clips of Willie Willie. Please do you mind sharing?

1 Like

Re: Dr. Chinyere Ohiri: Willie Willie 1980s Horror Film Actor by DollarBuddy: 6:10am On Sep 19, 2020
PROUDIGBO:
He’s got nothing on Chucky the doll....trust me! Chucky is the stuff nightmares are made of! undecided

Yes bro, na Chucky matter we still dey settle o. That horror movie no be here o.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Chinyere Ohiri: Willie Willie 1980s Horror Film Actor by skedy1(m): 6:11am On Sep 19, 2020
incogni2o:
I don't even know who He is
Indomie Gen.

On Gen, light don go!
Re: Dr. Chinyere Ohiri: Willie Willie 1980s Horror Film Actor by Nobody: 6:27am On Sep 19, 2020
Looooool!!! The guy wey post this thing by 7:30pm no try o!! It's still scary especially the choice of wig and facial makeup is outstanding.
I wonder what inspired Dr innocent ohiri..
When you visit his Facebook wall,he posted it there. I heard rumors that he was haunted for a while by his frequent visit to graveyards to shoot the series.

If you visit facebook videos by slappedham about ghosts caught on cctv or cams most of the ghosts resemble this wille willie.
Re: Dr. Chinyere Ohiri: Willie Willie 1980s Horror Film Actor by guru90: 6:35am On Sep 19, 2020
Wow oooooh.... So na this Man de make me fear up and down then....
When my mum will sent me message inside her mum, I told me my mum...mum.....another person must follow me to enter ur room..... come see fear then......

Well, I enjoyed the movie then via NTA.

This is when our country the better. Come 24hrs light back in the days...
Me de watched wrestling every Saturday's back in the days via NTA....

1 Like

Re: Dr. Chinyere Ohiri: Willie Willie 1980s Horror Film Actor by SavageMaster: 6:37am On Sep 19, 2020
robosky02:
THROWBACK......

Here is Dr. Innocent Chinyere Ohiri, of the Dept. of Theatre Arts and Films Study, University of Port Harcourt, the man who played the role of WILI WILI back in the 80's.

This guy terrorized our childhood sha. One word for him.

#Nostalgic_Memories

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2TfsUnJ56b/?hl=en

Wow!

Willie Willie that year. How time flies
Re: Dr. Chinyere Ohiri: Willie Willie 1980s Horror Film Actor by SavageMaster: 6:40am On Sep 19, 2020
ospido:

5. Arabian Adventure(Flying Carpet)

6. Pot of Life

7. Behind The Clouds

8. Beyond our dreams

9. Hotel the Jordan .......

10. CheckMate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr. Chinyere Ohiri: Willie Willie 1980s Horror Film Actor by YoungDaNaval(m): 6:47am On Sep 19, 2020
What about miss koi koi?? grin
Re: Dr. Chinyere Ohiri: Willie Willie 1980s Horror Film Actor by samnaija: 6:48am On Sep 19, 2020
eolme:
Willy willy and Pot of life
Chaai see me under chair that year
So terrific
So right it seems that period horror movies were reigning. Willie willie, pot of life, abiku so many. Man 80s to early 90s were scary from nigerian side. Then on the foreign end, night mare on elms street, evil dead, gremlins 1, candyman. Abeg I no sleep those days.
Re: Dr. Chinyere Ohiri: Willie Willie 1980s Horror Film Actor by anuliecutie(f): 6:54am On Sep 19, 2020
I was always afraid to watch Willi Willi then. Am a stunch now... smiley
Re: Dr. Chinyere Ohiri: Willie Willie 1980s Horror Film Actor by phlame(m): 7:02am On Sep 19, 2020
shocked
Re: Dr. Chinyere Ohiri: Willie Willie 1980s Horror Film Actor by nellyelitz(m): 7:06am On Sep 19, 2020
Please this man should be arrested, he dealt with us back in the days.
Re: Dr. Chinyere Ohiri: Willie Willie 1980s Horror Film Actor by Dpundict: 7:10am On Sep 19, 2020
Bobala is a law professor too o. He taught us
Re: Dr. Chinyere Ohiri: Willie Willie 1980s Horror Film Actor by fergie001: 7:12am On Sep 19, 2020
Mum use to scare us with Willie Wille after watching it on our black & white "President" Television.

Once we are outside at night, Willie Willie is coming....everyone is running home. grin
Re: Dr. Chinyere Ohiri: Willie Willie 1980s Horror Film Actor by Chookym(m): 7:23am On Sep 19, 2020
Despite how scary the movie was, we will still watch the next episode and use it to sing , Willi Willi don come...
Re: Dr. Chinyere Ohiri: Willie Willie 1980s Horror Film Actor by femi4: 7:26am On Sep 19, 2020
dollytino4real:
see me under bed dat year!
Willie Willie don die

Na who kill am

Na "something" kill am.....Can't remember the rest
Re: Dr. Chinyere Ohiri: Willie Willie 1980s Horror Film Actor by femi4: 7:29am On Sep 19, 2020
PROUDIGBO:
He’s got nothing on Chucky the doll....trust me! Chucky is the stuff nightmares are made of! undecided
Child's play.....the doll with many lives

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Chinyere Ohiri: Willie Willie 1980s Horror Film Actor by mysticwarrior(m): 7:41am On Sep 19, 2020
he no go ever forget the beatings wey he received from Warri boys hand, Willie come perform for stage for Warri, time to disappear reach Area tell am say make him disappear, Willie say make them of light, na so boys climb stage haykway shegay comot for the guy head, it took him 3weeks to recover, chai Warri una brutal sha.
Re: Dr. Chinyere Ohiri: Willie Willie 1980s Horror Film Actor by bass7: 7:41am On Sep 19, 2020
mightyhazel:
Willie Willie don die,na who kill am? na nchelem kill am,.. clap for nchelem,clap for nchelem tikpa tikpa ti tikpa tikpa kpaa wink

That year for P-H.....
The drama no easy....Fear nearly kiiii person
Re: Dr. Chinyere Ohiri: Willie Willie 1980s Horror Film Actor by maxzzo1(m): 7:47am On Sep 19, 2020
The sound track is anoda Scarry rhing
Re: Dr. Chinyere Ohiri: Willie Willie 1980s Horror Film Actor by nobone(f): 8:09am On Sep 19, 2020
Innocent Ohiri, and Nchelem.... Back in the days used to be mum's customers.
I wonder why they stopped airing that Willie Willie
Re: Dr. Chinyere Ohiri: Willie Willie 1980s Horror Film Actor by VivaDeAngelo(m): 8:21am On Sep 19, 2020
There's another one we called "Fembor" the spelling may not be correct we also watched during that era, that one was the oga patapata of them all in terms of horror.
Re: Dr. Chinyere Ohiri: Willie Willie 1980s Horror Film Actor by bombim(m): 8:23am On Sep 19, 2020
I remember willie willie that chilies killed
Re: Dr. Chinyere Ohiri: Willie Willie 1980s Horror Film Actor by uglodoh(f): 8:39am On Sep 19, 2020
Jayoficial:
Am I the only one this movie didn't scared a bit? angry angry
The film did not scare me one but.
Re: Dr. Chinyere Ohiri: Willie Willie 1980s Horror Film Actor by neonbash0: 8:47am On Sep 19, 2020
mightyhazel:
Willie Willie don die,na who kill am? na nchelem kill am,.. clap for nchelem,clap for nchelem tikpa tikpa ti tikpa tikpa kpaa wink

Memories
Re: Dr. Chinyere Ohiri: Willie Willie 1980s Horror Film Actor by Mike008(m): 9:07am On Sep 19, 2020
One of the most horror shows ever. Even till date it gives me a certain chill. Just YouTube Willie Willie and you'll still be a bit scared.
What was special about Willie Willie is that it operated in the day time, unlike conventional horror movies, so even in the day time, as long as you were alone, you will still be scared.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Channels Showing Soft P.o.r.n On Gotv / Obi Cubana Meets Daddy Wa: Mr Macaroni Features Cubana, Don Jazzy In New Skit / Big Brother Cameroon House & Housemates In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.