Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Girls Are More Smarter Than Boys: The Do Better Academically. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Girls Are More Smarter Than Boys: The Do Better Academically. (4562 Views)

How Can My Child Do Better Academically, Especially In Maths??? / How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! / Yes/no: Girls Are Intelligent Than Boys While Men Are Intelligent Than Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Girls Are More Smarter Than Boys: The Do Better Academically. by onlineprof89(m): 2:17am On Sep 19, 2020
Males are quick to say they are smarter than their female counterparts. I discovered that this is not the case as I have come to notice that girls are more smarter in general compared to boys, where as boys are more intelligent and confident. The worst of all is that you will find less intelligent boys to be more confident.

Girls are smarter, while boys are more intelligent--I came to this conclusion looking at the following reasons.

1. AGE: Girls tends to develop faster and reason more mutually compared to boys of their age. This gives them an advantage. let's say in a class of 20 students: 10 are boys and 10 are girls all of same age. The girls are expected to do better on an average.
2. RESPONSIBILITY: most girls are brought up and train to take care of responsibilities. This is one singular reason a girl of 18yrs can get married but people will frown when when a man of the same age says he wants to get married.
3. CONFIDENCE: boys are way ahead when it comes to exhibiting confidence and courage. As a child, the male child enjoys less responsibility but as he turns an adult every responsibility is handed over to him.
courage and confidence are the reasons we have more male inventors, scientist and engineers compared to females.

The girl child finds it had to step her feet on the troubled waters of uncertainty. She forefeet her curiosity in arm of her caring nature. This one reason why many girls won't translate their success in the class room to compete with her male male counterpart outside the walls of the class room.
4.PROBLEM SOLVING: Men are more adventurous in nature so, they have more problem solving skills compared to their females counterparts.

5.DREAM: Most women have no dream of their own, once they are married they are fulfilled.
6.SUPPORT: Most Women are very supportive
of what ever the man does. This is one genuine reason why some women don't achieve like men. Albert Einstein's wife was also a physicists but she had to abondon her dreams a take care of the kids. Einstein in return promised to give her the money for from the Nobel price if he wins, this he later fulfilled.

There are people who are exceptional that no rule or limitation is a barrier to them, they have conquered all odds be it male or female.
Girls are smarter because the reason more maturely from a very tender age and take up responsibilities and also doing better in class while, boys are more intelligent because the grow up learning to solve problems. Hence, men are credited for most of the solutions advancing the society.

whether male or female their is never a limit to what you can achieve.
Thanks.
Re: Girls Are More Smarter Than Boys: The Do Better Academically. by etrange: 3:04am On Sep 19, 2020
Please, correct the double superlatives in your title, remove the 'more'. Also, you mistakenly typed 'the' instead of 'they'.

As for your argument, I see it as unnecessary as the one it's trying to counter. Each individual should be accessed on the basis of their content and not their gender. Again, parents should raise their kids with the same philosophy regardless of their gender.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Girls Are More Smarter Than Boys: The Do Better Academically. by exynos(m): 6:37am On Sep 19, 2020
I find this post in its entirety very disturbing.
Re: Girls Are More Smarter Than Boys: The Do Better Academically. by imustmakeit(m): 7:19am On Sep 19, 2020
Not so in my department and all through my secondary school so just.....
Re: Girls Are More Smarter Than Boys: The Do Better Academically. by Maj196(m): 7:39am On Sep 19, 2020
I beg to differ grin
Re: Girls Are More Smarter Than Boys: The Do Better Academically. by 4teenblaq: 7:54am On Sep 19, 2020
but we have more men famous in art and science than women...
like Albert Einstein Charles Babbage Charles Darwin
etc ....

2 Likes

Re: Girls Are More Smarter Than Boys: The Do Better Academically. by ashewoboy(m): 9:09am On Sep 19, 2020
why? they are the masters of manipulation.
Girls makes guys lose concentration that is why it seems like they are smarter.
Re: Girls Are More Smarter Than Boys: The Do Better Academically. by Impenetrable: 9:49am On Sep 19, 2020
onlineprof89:
Males are quick to say they are smarter than their female counterparts. I discovered that this is not the case as I have come to notice that girls are more smarter in general compared to boys, where as boys are more intelligent and confident. The worst of all is that you will find less intelligent boys to be more confident.

Girls are smarter, while boys are more intelligent--I came to this conclusion looking at the following reasons.

1. AGE: Girls tends to develop faster and reason more mutually compared to boys of their age. This gives them an advantage. let's say in a class of 20 students: 10 are boys and 10 are girls all of same age. The girls are expected to do better on an average.
2. RESPONSIBILITY: most girls are brought up and train to take care of responsibilities. This is one singular reason a girl of 18yrs can get married but people will frown when when a man of the same age says he wants to get married.
3. CONFIDENCE: boys are way ahead when it comes to exhibiting confidence and courage. As a child, the male child enjoys less responsibility but as he turns an adult every responsibility is handed over to him.
courage and confidence are the reasons we have more male inventors, scientist and engineers compared to females.

The girl child finds it had to step her feet on the troubled waters of uncertainty. She forefeet her curiosity in arm of her caring nature. This one reason why many girls won't translate their success in the class room to compete with her male male counterpart outside the walls of the class room.
4.PROBLEM SOLVING: Men are more adventurous in nature so, they have more problem solving skills compared to their females counterparts.

5.DREAM: Most women have no dream of their own, once they are married they are fulfilled.
6.SUPPORT: Most Women are very supportive
of what ever the man does. This is one genuine reason why some women don't achieve like men. Albert Einstein's wife was also a physicists but she had to abondon her dreams a take care of the kids. Einstein in return promised to give her the money for from the Nobel price if he wins, this he later fulfilled.

There are people who are exceptional that no rule or limitation is a barrier to them, they have conquered all odds be it male or female.
Girls are smarter because the reason more maturely from a very tender age and take up responsibilities and also doing better in class while, boys are more intelligent because the grow up learning to solve problems. Hence, men are credited for most of the solutions advancing the society.

whether male or female their is never a limit to what you can achieve.
Thanks.
read historical events and stop advertising your ignorant online angry
Re: Girls Are More Smarter Than Boys: The Do Better Academically. by onlineprof89(m): 10:09am On Sep 19, 2020
etrange:
Please, correct the double superlatives in your title, remove the 'more'. Also, you mistakenly typed 'the' instead of 'they'.

As for your argument, I see it as unnecessary as the one it's trying to counter. Each individual should be accessed on the basis of their content and not their gender. Again, parents should raise their kids with the same philosophy regardless of their gender.
Thank you! l have seen the mistake in the title, but you failed to address the topic based on content. This level of contentment and fear of the status quo is one of the reasons Africa is still where she is today.
For your correction, there is nothing in society that shouldn't be discussed. I believe in an open society.
Re: Girls Are More Smarter Than Boys: The Do Better Academically. by onlineprof89(m): 10:17am On Sep 19, 2020
Impenetrable:
read historical events and stop advertising your ignorant online angry
don't make a blank statements to sound intelligent. Go straight to that specific history if you are knowledgeable as you claim.
Re: Girls Are More Smarter Than Boys: The Do Better Academically. by onlineprof89(m): 10:21am On Sep 19, 2020
exynos:
That can make you a very bad teacher or a leader. Learn to listen to opinions you are not comfortable with.
Re: Girls Are More Smarter Than Boys: The Do Better Academically. by prosper87: 10:28am On Sep 19, 2020
exynos:
Same here
Re: Girls Are More Smarter Than Boys: The Do Better Academically. by prosper87: 10:29am On Sep 19, 2020
But there is an element of truth in what he is saying. Thanks OP
Re: Girls Are More Smarter Than Boys: The Do Better Academically. by Impenetrable: 10:50am On Sep 19, 2020
onlineprof89:
don't make a blank statements to sound intelligent. Go straight to that specific history if you are knowledgeable as you claim.
common sense is not so common after all!
Re: Girls Are More Smarter Than Boys: The Do Better Academically. by 17yrnigga: 11:40am On Sep 19, 2020
Bullshi.t
Re: Girls Are More Smarter Than Boys: The Do Better Academically. by samuelpeters(m): 12:42pm On Sep 19, 2020
OP, I don't understand you oh.
I thought you wanted to give us concrete reasons why this is so. Instead, you started talking about Males.
Age doesn't really translate to being smart.whether they(girls) grow faster than boys physically. In a class of 20, i bet you, males will be good averagely but not necessarily the best. Even in the university, the boys do better on the average than girls but the best of best are females.

In terms of Responsibility, i understand your point. But the truth is that being a "Man" is not about having Large penis and muscles.
So a guy of 18 years has not really seen anything that will equip him Physically, psychologically, mentally to lead a family.
But you can't say that for a girl of 18, she may not really contribute anything other than bear children.
It doesn't make her smarter.

Same with other point you listed.

1 Like

Re: Girls Are More Smarter Than Boys: The Do Better Academically. by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 19, 2020
You are a living prove of how dull boys are. Girls are indeed more smarter than boys
Re: Girls Are More Smarter Than Boys: The Do Better Academically. by edoairways: 2:25pm On Sep 19, 2020
onlineprof89 your assertions are not totally correct. Until empirically proven using a scientific means, all you wrote are mere assumptions.

1 Like

Re: Girls Are More Smarter Than Boys: The Do Better Academically. by etrange: 2:53pm On Sep 19, 2020
onlineprof89:
Thank you! l have seen the mistake in the title, but you failed to address the topic based on content. This level of contentment and fear of the status quo is one of the reasons Africa is still where she is today.
For your correction, there is nothing in society that shouldn't be discussed. I believe in an open society.

"Contentment and fear of the status quo"

To start with, this line above does not make any sense. It's a self contradictory statement. You can't be contented (happy with the current situation) and fear status quo (the same current situation) at the same time. Africans don't fear status quo, they fear change. And no, Africa is backwards because you guys in Africa consider tribe, religion, gender, sexuality, etc. when addressing or assessing people instead of concentrating on the content of the individual. Instead of asking whether people of his/her gender, tribe, etc are smarter or more intelligent, you should get rid of that prejudice and ask if the person standing before you is smart/intelligent.

I already contributed as much as I could to your topic by saying in my first post that each individual should be accessed on the basis of their content and not their gender. I don't know what else you want me to address when you didn't state any problem. There are ways to present subjects worthy of discussion. You state the current situation, the problem with the current situation and its implications, and then you profer a solution/way forward. This way, your readers would find something worthwhile to talk about. Another way is to state an observation and end with a question of what might be the possible cause/solution. Whichever way, it should be stimulating. Girls are smarter than boys... so? What is the implication of this your discovery and how does it help the society? What response do you expect from your readers? To say 'yes' or 'no' and the y'all would start having some endless secondary school debate?

Neither your title "girls are smater than boys" nor the body gives me any reason to engage you because it's an open ended discussion that can hardly be supported with any empirical evidence and the outcome of such a discussion can only lead to more sexism (just the way the statement "Igbos are smarter than Yorubas" can only lead to tribalism). Anybody can be anything based on nature or nurture. You train girls in Africa to be care givers and train the boys to seek success and then you turn around to generalise that girls are smarter because they are more responsible. You think boys won't be as responsible if they had the same training? Have you been to other places in the world to see how things work in other societies before coming to your conclusions? This is why I also stated in my first post that parents should raise their kids with the same philosophy regardless of their gender. So when you say I didn't address the topic, what exactly do you need me to say?

In a society where were we are pushing for gender equality, the least one needs now is such baseless divisive and opinionated submissions.

Hope I "addressed" it better now.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Girls Are More Smarter Than Boys: The Do Better Academically. by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 4:09pm On Sep 19, 2020
All these copy and paste bloggers self
Re: Girls Are More Smarter Than Boys: The Do Better Academically. by Alexgeneration(m): 4:13pm On Sep 19, 2020
I wouldn't want to suggest that the OP is daft,but I'd like him to list just twenty(2o) major inventions by women without using the internet, then we can begin the to discuss the pseudo intelligence of mere domestic appendages.

How many theories were postulated by your women?

How many of your appliances, devices, mobiles applications were developed by your women?

How many countries got their independence with your women leading the pack?

Even this forum wherein you typed this bullshit and the phone you used was developed by a man.

OP, Respect yourself, Men no be your mate for anything.
Re: Girls Are More Smarter Than Boys: The Do Better Academically. by DriggityDre: 4:42pm On Sep 19, 2020
edoairways:
onlineprof89 your assertions are not totally correct. Until empirically proven using a scientific means, all you wrote are mere assumptions.
Retweet.

Re: Girls Are More Smarter Than Boys: The Do Better Academically. by blingxx(m): 7:26pm On Sep 19, 2020
Nairaland feminist are coming for you op grin
Re: Girls Are More Smarter Than Boys: The Do Better Academically. by paulolee(m): 10:08pm On Sep 19, 2020
pls i dnt agree to this your generalization because the reverse is d case where am based
Re: Girls Are More Smarter Than Boys: The Do Better Academically. by Najdorf: 10:24pm On Sep 19, 2020
Intelligence is so multidimensional and each individual is so different that anyone saying one sex is "smarter" than the other sounds a bit ignorant to put it lightly.
Re: Girls Are More Smarter Than Boys: The Do Better Academically. by InventTech: 12:47am On Sep 20, 2020
Op you don't need to write much..

As per smartness, women would always have an edge over men because they get exposed pretty early, and get to know things and stuff that most men would never know till they are twice their age.

In real and practical terms,

Men are simply more 'Intelligent'
While women tend to be more 'Brilliant'
Re: Girls Are More Smarter Than Boys: The Do Better Academically. by ymstar(m): 11:08am On Sep 20, 2020
Following
Re: Girls Are More Smarter Than Boys: The Do Better Academically. by JOACHINpedro: 11:37am On Sep 20, 2020
Maj196:
I beg to differ grin

Agree to disagree cheesy
Debate that year eh grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Unical Admission List Out / Poly Ibadan New Post Utme Dates Available(Reprint Ur Slip) / Fedpoffa Releases 2nd Batch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.