Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,144 members, 7,867,324 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:55 PM

Only In Nigeria, Ex-convict,bode George Was Celebrated - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only In Nigeria, Ex-convict,bode George Was Celebrated (973 Views)

Bode George Was Right On The Selection Of The New Ooni Of Ife / Nigeria’s Ex-leader, Buhari Ejected Over Unpaid N20m Rent / Bode George Was forced to give heads (Blow-work) In Prison By Other Inmates? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only In Nigeria, Ex-convict,bode George Was Celebrated by Nobody: 2:52am On Feb 27, 2011
Nigerians have no shame whatsoever, political analysts say. Former Deputy Chairman of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Ex-convict Bode George who was sentenced for two-years behind Kirikiri Maximium prison, over whopping N100Billion fraudulent contract Award that lacked due process was released Saturday in shameless great celebration by PDP party faithful. George was sent behind the slammers on 163-count charge of alleged abuse of office, sources told RepublicReport New York.

Bode George who was sentenced to a two-year jail term alongside some members of the Board of the NPA by Justice Joseph Oyewole was arraigned by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC on August 8, 2008 . He was accused on a 163-count charge that bordered on alleged abuse of office and award of about N100bn contracts without due process”.

Sources disclosed to RR that the prosecution had followed massive investigation conducted by Economic And Finance Crime Commission (EFCC) during Nuhu Ribadu administration as Chairman of anti-graft Agency.

Curiously, RepublicReport New York gathered for whatever reason the charges was reduced to 68 in October 24, 2008 after pressure from PDP party leaders pressured Ribadu to cooperate.

Meanwhile, credible reports say, alleged convicts were believed to have inflated contract prices contradicting Section 22 (3) of the Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offenses Act, 2000.

Shockingly, Justice Joseph Oyewole stood behind EFCC and alleged said that EFCC proved beyond reasonable doubt that Bode George, a former Deputy National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), acted with impunity, abused his office as Court slammed him with behind bars Monday 26, 2009, reports alleged.

A respected commentator who declined to give his name said the “nest of thieves and killers are celebrating N100 Billion loot, and added, only in Nigeria”.

PDP didn’t stop there a church service was arranged for Bode George release as PDP Party Organization graced the occasion. Those in attendance is former President Olusegun Obasanjo and others, including “Otunba Gbenga Daniel, Ogun state governor, Mr. Ayo Fayose, former Ekiti state governor, Defence Minister, Mr Kayode Ademola, John Odeh, Gen Tunji Olurin, Mrs Modinat Adedibu, Deputy Governor Oyo State, Mr. Taofeek Arapaja, Ambassador Musiliu Obanikoro among others”.

And shortly after, Ex-Convict Bode George has this to say to press-men, “Out there in the prison, you are totally blanked out, You don’t know what is going on, so, I want to thank you guys, thank all Nigerians with malice to nobody and love for all. We will make our country an envy to other nations. I have collected the certificate from the university of life and I thank God. I just graduated from the university of life”.
The question still remains: what happened to the N100Billion inflated Contract Award that failed due process?
Re: Only In Nigeria, Ex-convict,bode George Was Celebrated by Nobody: 2:52am On Feb 27, 2011
Re: Only In Nigeria, Ex-convict,bode George Was Celebrated by Nobody: 2:54am On Feb 27, 2011
Pics

Re: Only In Nigeria, Ex-convict,bode George Was Celebrated by Obiagu1(m): 4:23am On Feb 27, 2011
Correction: Only in Yorubaland!

All their wealth is tied to the government and all made thru stealing and looting.
Why won't they celebrate him? Who are they going to brag about if not those thieves?

Yoruba people have no values; a people where a thief, Tinubu, is their leader.
Re: Only In Nigeria, Ex-convict,bode George Was Celebrated by Ramnon2: 4:59am On Feb 27, 2011
Like Bode George like Abiola, like Tinubu like Kase Lawal. All thieves, smugglers and fraudsters, one way or another.
Re: Only In Nigeria, Ex-convict,bode George Was Celebrated by alex101(m): 5:07am On Feb 27, 2011
Ramnon.2:

Like Bode George like Abiola, like Tinubu like Kase Lawal. All thieves, smugglers and fraudsters, one way or another.
grin grin grin LOL
Re: Only In Nigeria, Ex-convict,bode George Was Celebrated by Ramnon2: 5:11am On Feb 27, 2011
alex101:

grin grin grin LOL

It is no laughing matter. Can anyone point to a decent Yoruba man like Anyaoku, Ekwueme, Bart Nnaji and millions of other Igbos? Just point at one. Even Obasanjo is also a crook. The dearth of decent people in Yorubaland is the reason they celebrate crooks. What a shame!!
Re: Only In Nigeria, Ex-convict,bode George Was Celebrated by Obiagu1(m): 5:15am On Feb 27, 2011
^^^

Except my hero, Soyinka. I respect him because he is a man.

I recently asked a friend, an Igala man, to mention just one Yoruba that contributed something as head of a parastatal or as a minister.
He couldn't mention one name, he ended up telling me they were all thieves and useless for the country.
Re: Only In Nigeria, Ex-convict,bode George Was Celebrated by stormm: 5:18am On Feb 27, 2011
Ramnon.2:

It is no laughing matter. Can anyone point to a decent Yoruba man like Anyaoku, Ekwueme, Bart Nnaji and millions of other Igbos? Just point at one.

A 'decent' Igbo man like Orji Kalu, Chris Uba, Chimaroke Nnamani, Iwuanyanwu, Andy Uba, Ohakim, Cultist Theodore Orji and several million Igbo men.
Re: Only In Nigeria, Ex-convict,bode George Was Celebrated by Ramnon2: 5:20am On Feb 27, 2011
stormm:

A 'decent' Igbo man like Orji Kalu, Chris Uba, Chimaroke Nnamani, Iwuanyanwu, Andy Uba, Ohakim, Cultist Theodore Orji and several million Igbo men.

Mention a decent Yoruba man. There are bad Igbos and there are bad Yorubas. But are there good Yorubas like there are good Igbo? Hell no.
Re: Only In Nigeria, Ex-convict,bode George Was Celebrated by alex101(m): 5:21am On Feb 27, 2011
Obiagu1:

Correction: Only in Yorubaland!

All their wealth is tied to the government and all made thru stealing and looting.
Why won't they celebrate him? Who are they going to brag about if not those thieves?

Yoruba people have no values; a people where a thief, Tinubu, is their leader.
grin Obiaju, this is a well known fact, even they know it themselves. Without oil money to loot, govt jobs and estacode(s), the SW will become extinct.
This is one of the main reasons I refused to label the ND militants "lazy". Can you imagine folks who don't have oil, but are looting the nation dry and doing the "owambe" too. Talk about celebrating robbery.
Biko wan' em, my support for the militants was borne out frustration and stories like this.
Re: Only In Nigeria, Ex-convict,bode George Was Celebrated by Ramnon2: 5:22am On Feb 27, 2011
Obiagu1:

^^^

Except my hero, Soyinka. I respect him because he is a man.

I recently asked a friend, an Igala man, to mention just one Yoruba that contributed something as head of a parastatal or as a minister.
He couldn't mention one name, he ended up telling me they were all thieves and useless for the country.

Soyinka my foot. He was the introducer (boldened for emphasis) of cultism in Nigeria. He, too, is not decent
Re: Only In Nigeria, Ex-convict,bode George Was Celebrated by alex101(m): 5:28am On Feb 27, 2011
Ramnon.2:

It is no laughing matter. Can anyone point to a decent Yoruba man like Anyaoku, Ekwueme, Bart Nnaji and millions of other Igbos? Just point at one. Even Obasanjo is also a crook. The dearth of decent people in Yorubaland is the reason they celebrate crooks. What a shame!!
My brother, I know. These people are shameless, and without govt, they will find it hard to survive. I just hope other nigerians are seeing them for what they are- govt dependent people! cheesy Why do you think they fought for one nigeria?
Re: Only In Nigeria, Ex-convict,bode George Was Celebrated by Obiagu1(m): 5:28am On Feb 27, 2011
stormm:

. . . but we don't celebrate those like you worship the grand thief, Tinubu, or give state welcome to a thief and ex-convict, Bode George.

Even Becomrich will tell you it is an abomination for a thief to become a king/leader in Yoruba culture but what is happening now is beyond me.
Shame on you all!
Re: Only In Nigeria, Ex-convict,bode George Was Celebrated by stormm: 5:32am On Feb 27, 2011
Ramnon.2:

Mention a decent Yoruba man. There are bad Igbos and there are bad Yorubas. But are there good Yorubas like there are good Igbo? Hell no.

Exactly my sentiments. Not the ethnic hogwash being posted by otherwise decent people.
Re: Only In Nigeria, Ex-convict,bode George Was Celebrated by Ramnon2: 5:34am On Feb 27, 2011
stormm:

Exactly my sentiments. Not the ethnic hogwash being posted by otherwise decent people.
Thanks for admitting that there are no good yorubas out there
Re: Only In Nigeria, Ex-convict,bode George Was Celebrated by stormm: 5:35am On Feb 27, 2011
http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/nigerian-man-shoots-wife-atlanta

Nigerian Man Shoots Wife In Atlanta

A Nigerian(Igbo) man, Maximillian Ezimora, has been arrested in Atlanta after shooting his wife, Uchenna Ezimora, five times. The wife, described by a source as a hard working registered nurse in the Atlanta area, survived the shooting and is currently hospitalized. SaharaReporters was unable to ascertain her condition.

Mr. Ezimora, who reportedly hails from Adazi, Anambra State, is being held in Fulton County jail in Atlanta. He is charged with two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and possession of firearms while committing a felony.
Re: Only In Nigeria, Ex-convict,bode George Was Celebrated by stormm: 5:38am On Feb 27, 2011
Ramnon.2:

Thanks for admitting that there are no good yorubas out there

Mistake there. I obviously did not read you well. If anything, I do NOT subscribe to your reasoning.
Re: Only In Nigeria, Ex-convict,bode George Was Celebrated by Ramnon2: 5:43am On Feb 27, 2011
stormm:

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/nigerian-man-shoots-wife-atlanta

Nigerian Man Shoots Wife In Atlanta

A Nigerian(Igbo) man, Maximillian Ezimora, has been arrested in Atlanta after shooting his wife, Uchenna Ezimora, five times. The wife, described by a source as a hard working registered nurse in the Atlanta area, survived the shooting and is currently hospitalized. SaharaReporters was unable to ascertain her condition.

Mr. Ezimora, who reportedly hails from Adazi, Anambra State, is being held in Fulton County jail in Atlanta. He is charged with two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and possession of firearms while committing a felony.

Just show me one decent Yoruba man. Stop showing me bad Igbos that are as bad as the bad Yorubas.
Re: Only In Nigeria, Ex-convict,bode George Was Celebrated by alex101(m): 5:47am On Feb 27, 2011
stormm:

Mistake there. I obviously did not read you well. If anything, I do NOT subscribe to your reasoning.
His mode of reasoning is very simple. In IGBOLAND we don't CELEBRATE looters/thieves, NEVER! cool
Re: Only In Nigeria, Ex-convict,bode George Was Celebrated by Obiagu1(m): 5:49am On Feb 27, 2011
If any government wants to achieve success, it should better not nominate any Yoruba as Minister or Head of a parastatal.
It'll be a waste of space and a source of drain (looting hole) to the economy.
They've contributed nothing, nada, zeru, zero, okpu!
Re: Only In Nigeria, Ex-convict,bode George Was Celebrated by mrofficial(m): 2:26pm On Feb 27, 2011
You can see them at it again. PDP. They all fight for their pockets, not for the good of the nation. angry
Re: Only In Nigeria, Ex-convict,bode George Was Celebrated by stormm: 4:56pm On Feb 27, 2011
alex101:

His mode of reasoning is very simple. In IGBOLAND we don't CELEBRATE looters/thieves, NEVER! cool

Another clown? These Igbo tribalists!!! Pathetic. I am appalled when people ascribe certain tendencies to a particular ethnic group. The fact is there nothing like a tribal thief, a THIEF is a THIEF. That a Nigerian malaise is now ascribed to a particular ethnic group is eediotic to say the least.
Re: Only In Nigeria, Ex-convict,bode George Was Celebrated by vanitty: 5:36pm On Feb 27, 2011
grin grin grin See how they are debating amongst themselves
Gathering of fools. How ignorant can one be to say there is not one good yoruba. undecided
I hope you lot are 0 - 17 yrs old sha. Pathetic. If you are all grown adult. then make una dey weep for una selves
Re: Only In Nigeria, Ex-convict,bode George Was Celebrated by buzugee(m): 6:19pm On Feb 27, 2011
looks like the goat brains (isi-ewu) yall eat is starting to obliterate yalls medulla oblongata if you think crime is tribal linked. who let all these primitive australopithecus monkeys access to computers ? shocked
Re: Only In Nigeria, Ex-convict,bode George Was Celebrated by buzugee(m): 6:21pm On Feb 27, 2011
one good yoruba man ? fela anikulapo kuti  grin
beko ransome kuti
Re: Only In Nigeria, Ex-convict,bode George Was Celebrated by mrofficial(m): 6:22pm On Feb 27, 2011
^ ojukwu. Seriously, we should start ignoring them.
Re: Only In Nigeria, Ex-convict,bode George Was Celebrated by buzugee(m): 6:33pm On Feb 27, 2011
mr.official:

^ ojukwu. Seriously, we should start ignoring them.
i ignore tribalism but in this here thread it looks like someone unlocked the door to the mental hospital. its a barrage of cretins regurgitating the paltry contents of their anorexic brains. i had to step in so i can administer their daily dosage of medication to cure their mental ailment. i am generous like that. call me a humanitarian, if you will cheesy
Re: Only In Nigeria, Ex-convict,bode George Was Celebrated by Nobody: 12:38am On Mar 01, 2011
I opened this thread so that we could discuss the problems of the country and someone re-phrased what i said to ONLY IN YORUBA LAND

Obiagu1, You should grow up and be more matured in ur contributions.
silly tribalist.
Re: Only In Nigeria, Ex-convict,bode George Was Celebrated by redsun(m): 1:28am On Mar 01, 2011
There is one nigerian super store in langly park,maryland,usa owned by a full blooded igbo family but d name of d store is EKO. Real nigerians see beyond tribe,they see reality and d real truth is that everyday nigeria is crazy,d system is whacked.

(1) (Reply)

Ask Buhari To Step Down For Me – Ribadu / What Are Your Views About Global Warming In Nigeria & Abroad / **Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Patriot Blinded By The West **

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.