Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,865 members, 7,862,861 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:01 AM

The Woman God Favored - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Woman God Favored (596 Views)

Do You Desire To Be Blessed And Favored From A Distance / Ever Since God Created Woman, God And Man Has Never Rested - Anonymous Writer / Discussion: Are Some People More Favored By God Than Others? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Woman God Favored by yommyuk: 9:25am On Feb 27, 2011
In Genesis 29, we are told that Leah was Laban's first daughter, Jacob's unloved first wife, and Rachel's older sister.

After Jacob decieved his father Isaac into giving him the blessing intended for Esau, Jacob went to his uncle Laban in Mesopotamia to find a wife and escape Esau's revenge. He fell in love with his cousin Rachel and arranged with her father to marry her after 7 years of work. At the wedding feast, Laban deceived Jacob by giving him Leah instead of Rachel using custom and tradition as an excuse.

Leah's eyes were not beautiful, but Rachel "had a beautiful figure and a lovely face"

Genesis 29:17
There was no sparkle in Leah's eyes, but Rachel had a beautiful figure and a lovely face.

Jacob's love for Rachel induced him to work another 7 years to marry her. In the intense rivalry between the 2 sisters, Jacob favored Rachel.

Genesis 29:31
"When the Lord saw that Leah was unloved, he enabled her to have children, but Rachel could not concieve."

The Lord blessed Leah with six sons and a daugther (Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Issachar, Zebulun and Dinah). Leah became the mother of 2 tribes that played significant roles in Israelites history. The tribe of Levi was the tribe of the priesthood, and the tribe of Judah became the tribe of royalty through which the promised seed came in the person of Jesus Christ.

CONCLUSION
God champions the cause of the poor and oppressed; he exalted Leah, the despised first wife, as the first to become a mother.

Psalm 27:10
"Even if my father and mother abandon me, the Lord will hold me close"

God blessed wink
Re: The Woman God Favored by Sweetnecta: 12:26am On Mar 02, 2011
^^^^^^ lol.

[Quote]CONCLUSION
God champions the cause of the poor and oppressed; he exalted Leah, the despised first wife, as the first to become a mother.

Psalm 27:10
"Even if my father and mother abandon me, the Lord will hold me close"[/Quote]Alhamdulillah.
And Muhammad [AS] came from Hajar, mother of Ismail [AS].

(1) (Reply)

Preachers / Islam Education / Part 27 It Is Time For The Annulment Of The Law Of Celibacy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.