Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Tall Women Are Gorgeous: Checkout World's Tallest Women - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Tall Women Are Gorgeous: Checkout World's Tallest Women (31673 Views)

Women Are Better-Off Without Bras - Research Claims / African Countries That Produce The Most Beautiful Tall Women / Should Tall Girls Wear High Heels? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tall Women Are Gorgeous: Checkout World's Tallest Women by emmablow11(m): 7:33am On Jun 22, 2007
In 1976 Sandy Allen was declared the “world’s tallest woman - living” by Guinness Book of World Records. Allen is a towering lady at 7′ 7 1/4″. Amazingly this is not far beyond the recognized world’s tallest living man - Xi Shun (7′ 8.95″). Allen has since spent her life traveling around the world encouraging people that it is OK to be different. Allen was born in 1955, at age 22 she underwent surgery to stop her growth. Without this she would have continued to grow and suffer further medical problems associated with gigantism.

There is some debate on the internet about if Allen is still in fact tallest. De-Fen Yao has been measured at 7′ 8 1/2″. This has not been confirmed by Guinness Book though. (What do these people do?) she is still taller than Sandy Allen who can no longer stand up straight and is sadly confined to a wheel-chair now. If Sandy could still stand her bodyweight seems to have caused her back to arch so she can no longer be considered to be 7′ 7 1/4″. I agree that either way Gunness Book needs an update.

Did you know that De-Fen Yao, the tallest woman alive, is 7'8 1/2"? Did you know that there are a lot of other Ladies out there who are taller than you? Women like basketball pro Malgorzata Dydek who is 7'2" or Allyssa DeHaan who is 6'9".

Tall Models like Caro who is 6'9" (watch her appear on German TV) and Alexis (6'4"wink. Or (tall) women like my Sweetie Kathy who is 6'3" and the cutest person ever!

Did you know that Brigitte Nielsen is 6'1"? Did you know that Geena Davis, Brooke Shields, Uma Thurman and American Idol Jordin Sparks are 6'0" each? They're celebrities you're saying? Well, you don't have to be famous to be beautiful and life doesn't end at 5'7".

Tall women are gorgeous, ooze class and are great role-models for tall girls who may lack that little bit of confidence. A lot of women go to great lengths in order to stand out. You don't have to because you are outstanding as it is.

Re: Tall Women Are Gorgeous: Checkout World's Tallest Women by smile4kenn(m): 8:16am On Jun 22, 2007
Na wa ohhhhh.
Re: Tall Women Are Gorgeous: Checkout World's Tallest Women by denex: 9:45am On Jun 22, 2007
Please tell me that there's a political angle to this story that I'm just not getting yet.
Re: Tall Women Are Gorgeous: Checkout World's Tallest Women by angel101(f): 10:11am On Jun 22, 2007
denex:

Please tell me that there's a political angle to this story that I'm just not getting yet.

I was wondering the same thing.
Re: Tall Women Are Gorgeous: Checkout World's Tallest Women by firstborn: 10:21am On Jun 22, 2007
can u marry someone as tall as they are?
Re: Tall Women Are Gorgeous: Checkout World's Tallest Women by efuah(f): 10:53am On Jun 22, 2007
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
hahahahahaha
i cnt stop rolling
pls take those pictures away
am laughing too much
Re: Tall Women Are Gorgeous: Checkout World's Tallest Women by viee(f): 11:07am On Jun 23, 2007
emmablow11:

You don't have to because you are outstanding as it is.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!
outsatanding is just the word! shocked
are those real? embarassed
Re: Tall Women Are Gorgeous: Checkout World's Tallest Women by omogenaija(f): 11:56pm On Jun 23, 2007
tall women are gorgeous-- @ poster i think u posted the wrong pics lipsrsealed
Re: Tall Women Are Gorgeous: Checkout World's Tallest Women by nguage(m): 4:24am On Jun 25, 2007
omogenaija:

tall women are gorgeous-- @ poster i think u posted the wrong pics lipsrsealed
true, those pictures dont show gorgeous women
Re: Tall Women Are Gorgeous: Checkout World's Tallest Women by moondust(m): 2:30pm On Jun 25, 2007
Lord of mercy!!! shocked
what went wrong with the chromosomes?

it appears the last lady feels she's not tall enough yet as she had to put on high heels grin
Re: Tall Women Are Gorgeous: Checkout World's Tallest Women by emmablow11(m): 6:56am On Jun 26, 2007
Now yo think they aren't gorgeous,yes they are, i just wanted to know your views,wat if your child turns out like one of dem, wetin you go do,
Re: Tall Women Are Gorgeous: Checkout World's Tallest Women by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 11, 2012

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This Swagalious Mother And Son / Emmanuel Umoh Wins Mister Africa International 2019 / "Why We Prefer Trousers To Skirts" – FCT Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.