Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

G.e.j Unmasked! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / G.e.j Unmasked! (1107 Views)

Busted: Buhari’s Accountant General Signed TSA Agreement With REMITA, Not G.E.J. / Why Do Nigerians Hate Their President (G.E.J) So Much? / ABSU Gang Molestation Suspects Unmasked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

G.e.j Unmasked! by baslone: 1:17pm On Feb 27, 2011
I read this masterpiece regarding the state of things in our country and decided to share this with Beaf!! wink

To begin, politicians in their natural and constructed elements are master deceivers. Whether in America or Europe they are all the same. They deceive you and make you see what they want you to see. Goodluck Jonathan is a good apostle of this doctrine. A critical look at the events in the country would demonstrate the truth of this assertion. The Jonathan I know presents the very opposite of what he preaches, revealing a man of two
personalities.

Goodluck Jonathan will promise to secure Nigerians and make security his priority, but the real Jonathan will spare no life in achieving his personal ambition. The story of the massacre in Jos is an excellent illustration of this attitude. His friend and co-conspirator Timi Alaibe is having it rough in Bayelsa State while Jonathan pretends to be deaf and dumb. He is not unaware of what his protégé, Governor Timpre Sylva, is doing with executive power, but Jonathan deceives his friend, Alaibe, that he is supporting him. If Jonathan cannot stop bombs in Bayelsa, his own state, what happens to the rest of the 35 states and Abuja?

The real Jonathan looks for people to use and do his bidding because of his lack of capacity and ability. I have read many people describing him as very humble and very quiet. On the surface, he exudes these characteristics, but it is all part of a game of pretending to be a listening man. It is part of his weapons to disarm and destroy. Aristotle in his wisdom wrote that humility is a vice while pride is a virtue. If you have a reason to be proud having accomplished a great feat, what is wrong with that? And if you have nothing to be proud of, why would you not be humble? Jonathan’s sense of humility is a fake custody of weakness and lack of enlightenment.

As the second in command to DSP Alamieyeseigha and Umaru Musa Yar’adua, Jonathan used this weapon in dislodging and capsizing them at the nick of opportunity. The rest is history. He presented the image of a humble man for a long time, but when the time came to show real loyalty, he betrayed DSP and sold him to former President Obasanjo and was adequately compensated for his treachery.

I am sure DSP himself is not aware of the role his humble and loyal deputy played in his impeachment. They say it is politics. Today, because of the craft of Jonathan, the Ijaw nation has been decimated, decapitated and made powerless and subdued. The experience of the Okerenkoko and Ayakorama peoples illustrates Jonathan’s perfidy. You wonder if Jonathan is really an Ijaw man.

Any attempt to completely unmask Jonathan would be impossible since the man is more crafty and wily than former General Ibrahim Babangida, the Maradona of Nigeria, more brutal than OBJ, more political than Atiku and more slippery than Machiavelli’s prince. The same people he dribbled over the zoning palaver, he is romancing. This is his trademark. For instance, my sources in Bayelsa revealed that when he was appointed vice to Yar’adua in 2007, he nominated one Francis Doukpolagha who came third in the primary to replace him. But he watched as his political organization, the ‘Green Movement,’ tore the man to shreds until OBJ dropped him. I am sure Doukpolagha is still in shock. The truth is that he simply deceived Ijaw people into believing he loves them. His then deputy, Peremobowei Ebebi, and his then Secretary to the State Government, Godknows Igali, can tell more about these antics. The humble and quiet Jonathan finally accepted Sylva when OBJ settled for his archrival, Timi Alaibe. And while Bayelsa people are ruing Sylva’s misrule and lack of direction and preparing for a change in 2011, Jonathan was comfortable to re-present Sylva.

To get the PDP ticket in 2006, Jonathan was ready to do anything and everything to please his godfather. He thus left a big hole in Bayelsa finances when he left in 2007. Sylva attempted to spill the beans, but was immediately called to order—and his then political adviser, George Fente, was sacrificed as he lost his position when Jonathan reached a truce with the governor. What a lot of people did not know was that, while DSP was being prosecuted, Jonathan was only marking time for his turn. However, in a deft move, he was able to use this weakness to negotiate his survival. He became governor, funded the PDP fully, and massaged the OBJ ego well, including funding and supporting third term. He became Nigeria’s paymaster to all and sundry, including actors and show businessmen, at the expense of development in Bayelsa. Today there is no project that carries Jonathan’s signature. Ask EFCC and Ribadu for Jonathan’s file. It has disappeared.

In his typical element, Jonathan is nothing but an opportunist. But some may retort, are we not all opportunists? Is it not the nature of man? This may be true. The only concern and imperative is that those who wish to be in public service and hold public office must exhibit great character and acumen. Being an opportunist is not one of them. Those who wish to lead must be above board. Not that they must be infallible, but they must be men of integrity and high intellect.

Some people make a big deal of his doctoral degree. I laugh. What is the connection between having a PhD in Hydrobiology and leading a society of 150 million people? None. The man simply lacks an iota of idea on how to run a clan much less a multi-ethnic and highly complex society. Jonathan does not read. He has no knowledge of political philosophy or ideology. He knows nothing about the principles of justice and political stability—two areas of urgent need in Nigeria.

It is typical of a ruler of Jonathan’s ilk to adopt all Machiavellian tactics he can muster including pretending to be very religious. See him going to churches and kneeling down to be prayed for. What a sacrilege! He knows that the organization he and his godfather belong to is antithetical to Christianity. Ask the Olowu of Owu and Alake of Egbaland to explain Jonathan’s position in their “kingdoms.”

He had decided that the game must be played according to their gospel of deception. There are collaborators along the line, to ensure that people are fooled. Those who know Jonathan well would tell you he has so much disdain and contempt for Pentecostals and would only be ready to do business with them when it would enhance his personal political interest.
Part of the deceptive arsenal of this President is the campaign of freshness and fresh air. Interesting, is it not? It’s like saying that IBB, Atiku, Anenih, Ahmadu Ali, Arthur Nzeribe, Ojukwu, Nnamani, and the like are the fresh air Nigeria needs. The people who cried themselves hoarse over zoning and Northern presidency are the same people falling for his pretence for rapprochement. He has so bamboozled these political zombies that they believe they can enter into an agreement with him to do only one term and return power to them. The man must have abundant political charm and charisma to be able to manipulate all these politicians, but I believe it is more than that. The witches and wizards that worked with him against Atiku would be smiling to the bank now.

Meanwhile, history has shown that you cannot deceive the people all the time as Mubarak, Ben Ali and Gaddafi can testify. The funny thing about deception is that it ends up deceiving the deceiver himself. Nigerians are beginning to see the fruits of deception. After ten months as president of Nigeria, Jonathan has no clue where the country is going and has spent all his time buying support—just as the colonial masters did in the client-master type of politics. The economy is comatose, there is no safety of life and property, and the ship of state is stinking and sinking.

Nigerians must brace to the fact that Jonathan’s presidency is first and foremost to promote and protect the political and economic fortunes of his political group within and outside the PDP. Nigerians must not be deceived into believing that Jonathan is popular. He pays any amount even if it means borrowing to buy support to get political power. And then he gets lost on what to do with the power. He over patronized a section of the media so much so that we hardly know the truth from propaganda, as Nigeria has become a commodity for the highest bidder—and nobody wants to be on the losing side. People today flow to Jonathan because that is where the money is. They forget that the structural-functionalist nature of society makes all members of society victims of wrong leadership, whether they like it or not.

Our president needs to come clean with Nigerians on his weaknesses and allow those with the character and spirit to take the country out of the woods. His confessions to the Americans last year, according to Wikileaks, represent the true portrait of the real Jonathan—timid, fearful, weak and opportunistic.

Those who want to take power from Jonathan must know that those who misunderstand the real meaning of power and end up abusing power will never let it go without a fight. Think about it: If Jonathan leaves power today, where does he go, the classroom or business? Neither. He is therefore on a suicide mission that simply translates to: It is either I win or I die. It is a variant of his godfather’s do-or-die politics.

From now on, Nigerians must begin to organize and mobilize for change whether Jonathan wins or not. If nothing is done by the masses and if there is no signal of an impending catastrophe in the form of a people’s resistance, the PDP will rig and damn the consequence. They will argue that the courts are there for electoral disputes. And while that is going on, the settlement scheme introduced by his mentor and good friend IBB would be unleashed.

Compared to such peers as Malaysia, India, and Brazil, Nigeria has drifted far away from the mark. As the father of the late Umaru Musa Yar’dua said in the First Republic, while the world is running towards the North, Nigeria is running fast towards the South, obviously in the wrong direction. With Jonathan as president, Nigeria will continue to go southward—at dizzying speed.

Author- Adaka Oboro Anda
Re: G.e.j Unmasked! by Beaf: 1:23pm On Feb 27, 2011
Poor Adaka Oboro Anda. I don't know what he sniffs, but comes up with some crazy shyte. Please, google his name to find enough incredible stuff, he could as well be seating on the Moon.
Sorry, but I'm not impressed, good luck with your thread.
Re: G.e.j Unmasked! by Nsiman(m): 1:30pm On Feb 27, 2011
@ op, what do u mean by gej playing a role in yar'adua's condition?
Re: G.e.j Unmasked! by Nsiman(m): 1:34pm On Feb 27, 2011
Poster, Interpret ur paragraph 5 for us
Re: G.e.j Unmasked! by IVORY2009(m): 6:19pm On Feb 27, 2011
Nsiman:

Poster, Interpret your paragraph 5 for us

WHO ARE U
Re: G.e.j Unmasked! by Ibime(m): 6:25pm On Feb 27, 2011
The poster is very correct in his analysis. GEJ torpedoed Bayelsa finances in just 14 months in order to finance his PDP paymasters.

And I agree with the writer's right to wonder out loud if GEJ is really an Ijaw man. He's nothing but a traitor and opportunist who's willing to impose the most callous criminals on Ijaw people in order to achieve his ambition.
Re: G.e.j Unmasked! by cap28: 6:57pm On Feb 27, 2011
very accurate analysis of Goodluck Jonathan, i have said time and time again that this man winning the presidential elections come April will accelerate nigeria's downward spiral, the man is morally and intellectually unqualified to lead nigeria and has shown since his undeserved ascension to office of president to be way out of his depth.
Re: G.e.j Unmasked! by Solomon227(m): 7:21pm On Feb 27, 2011
I may not be able to believe some of these allegations but I have seen and confirmed enough atrocities to conclude GEJ is unfit for leadership. I will not be surprised if he is actually guilty of all the allegations as stated.

Someone who has the d first ear to security reports of this country coming out to tell us IBB are friends were responsible for October 16 bomb-blast then coming around to tell us those people are actually his mentors and friends. What happens to the innocent lives that were lost that day?

Drive out this man with your votes before he sacrifices more lives for power greed [size=20pt]Vote Buhari-Bakare 2011[/size]for the future of our children
Re: G.e.j Unmasked! by unipol(m): 9:25pm On Feb 27, 2011
this is GEJ the badest leader of all time in nigeria.
Re: G.e.j Unmasked! by baslone: 11:42am On Feb 28, 2011
Nsiman:

Poster, Interpret your paragraph 5 for us

It's not written in spanish! angry
Re: G.e.j Unmasked! by johnie: 12:42pm On Feb 28, 2011
Politicians are the same the world over. Most would do ANYTHING to get your vote.
Reminds me of that movie: Swing Vote.

Like Lincoln said:
"You can fool some of the people all of the time and you can fool all the people some of the time. But you can't fool all the people all the time."
Re: G.e.j Unmasked! by blacksta(m): 1:06pm On Feb 28, 2011
Even Ghadaffi's son " Saif Islam" has a PHD - away from the press and limelight the chap is a mass murderer.

Roughly 16 months ago i stated " GEJ would be the worse thing that could happen to Nigeria" His service delivery is Zero out of 100 . A

complete failure and tactless on how to move Nigeria away from economic destruction. GEJ has sacrificed every aspect of decency to remain

in power at all cost.

9 Months of abject failure as president is enough proof for any sensible individual but be assured the chicken is coming home to roost.
Re: G.e.j Unmasked! by Demdem(m): 1:58pm On Feb 28, 2011
I dont even need to read the article to be convinced that GEJ isnt capable to lead and take us to this next level. His actions speaks louder.
Re: G.e.j Unmasked! by Dede1(m): 2:22pm On Feb 28, 2011
I stopped everything about GEJ when he single-handedly destroyed the political decorum engendered into Nigerian polity by section 7-2 C of PDP constitution. I wish those who supported the callous and irresponsible behavior should have no place to hide in future.
Re: G.e.j Unmasked! by Nobody: 3:12pm On Feb 28, 2011
Solomon227:

I may not be able to believe some of these allegations but I have seen and confirmed enough atrocities to conclude GEJ is unfit for leadership. I will not be surprised if he is actually guilty of all the allegations as stated.

Someone who has the d first ear to security reports of this country coming out to tell us IBB are friends were responsible for October 16 bomb-blast then coming around to tell us those people are actually his mentors and friends. What happens to the innocent lives that were lost that day?

Drive out this man with your votes before he sacrifices more lives for power greed [size=20pt]Vote Buhari-Bakare 2011[/size]for the future of our children
Unfortunately, between a tyrant like Buhari and GEJ, I choose GEJ any day any time any where. Buhari belongs to the gang of criminal minded soldiers who shot themselves to power. Even when the power play had him removed, he later sneaked through the back door to chair Abacha's Petreluem Theifing Fund (PTF).
Say no to all the generals who held this nation to ransom since indepence. A vote for Buhari is a vote for tyrany.
Re: G.e.j Unmasked! by unipol(m): 6:47pm On Feb 28, 2011
johnie:

Politicians are the same the world over. Most would do ANYTHING to get your vote.
Reminds me of that movie: Swing Vote.

Like Lincoln said:
"You can fool some of the people all of the time and you can fool all the people some of the time. But you can't fool all the people all the time."

please point of correction. your quote was said by the great BOB MARLEY and not lincoln.
Re: G.e.j Unmasked! by chosen04(f): 7:16pm On Feb 28, 2011
unipol:

please point of correction. your quote was said by the great BOB MARLEY and not lincoln.

Auducity not to teach me nosense.

According to the movie: SWING VOTE, that the poster quoted it was said by Lincoln.
Re: G.e.j Unmasked! by micklplus(m): 9:41pm On Feb 28, 2011
Well said by the original poster! Food for thought and I would rather we are objective and analytical than emotional and sentimental.

GEJ is grossly clueless. Really, we don't hate him but we, convincingly have issues with his style of operation like that adage " don't hate the player, hate the game"

Let's cast our vote rightly! Let's say no to people that are playing draft with our lives!

For now, BB is a better option
Re: G.e.j Unmasked! by gerona: 10:15pm On Feb 28, 2011
I have always reiterated we need change in Nigeria and Johnathan is not our candidate for change.Away with PDP and their group of thieves. Lets try another political party.
Re: G.e.j Unmasked! by LoveKing(m): 12:46am On Mar 01, 2011
I will strongly believe this GEJ either has all the 48 laws of power in his head or he constantly peruses through it every day.
Re: G.e.j Unmasked! by Xfactoria: 8:56am On Mar 01, 2011
So people are so gullible to believe this poorly written and unconvincing write-up??

Damn! Isn't it clear that this writer was paid to do this?

I have read many people describing him as very humble and very quiet. On the surface, he exudes these characteristics, but it is all part of a game of pretending to be a listening man. It is part of his weapons to disarm and destroy. Aristotle in his wisdom wrote that humility is a vice while pride is a virtue. If you have a reason to be proud having accomplished a great feat, what is wrong with that? And if you have nothing to be proud of, why would you not be humble? Jonathan’s sense of humility is a fake custody of weakness and lack of enlightenment.

He has so bamboozled these political zombies that they believe they can enter into an agreement with him to do only one term and return power to them. The man must have abundant political charm and charisma to be able to manipulate all these politicians, but I believe it is more than that.

See contradictions! A naive, weak and timid man has now bamboozled the whole political class to settle for him as President?

Well, If these are the qualities he used to silence Atiku and IBB, then we can infer that after the elections, he will put OBJ in his place. I am then more convinced that this is the character and temperament of the man Nigeria needs at this time. Silently and effortlessly dealing with the cabals to liberate Nigeria!
Re: G.e.j Unmasked! by Nobody: 9:43am On Mar 01, 2011
Buhari Bakare 4 Life. . .good write up by the way

(1) (Reply)

2011 Elections - Restriction Of Movement / Closure Of Land Borders / Boko Haram Vows To Keep Fighting Until Nigeria Embraces Islam / $32m Scam: Efcc Hands Over Indicted Nigerians To Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.