Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,663 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

How To Open A Corporate Account In Nigeria - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How To Open A Corporate Account In Nigeria (780 Views)

Best Bank For Corporate Account / Is 500k Enough To Open A Unisex Salon? / Urgent: Deposit 3-5 Million In My Corporate Account And Get 15% Compensation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Open A Corporate Account In Nigeria by AzmonPartners: 9:13pm On Sep 19, 2020
Wondering how to open or create a corporate account in Nigeria? Activating and operating a corporate account in Nigerian banks is not the same as the process for creating and operating a personal account especially because of its requirements and documentations. In order to create and operate an account for your company, the company must have been incorporated under the Companies and Allied Matters Act (CAMA), which is the main law that controls companies in Nigeria. The Commission in charge of the control and administration of the registration of companies in Nigeria is the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) established pursuant to the provisions of CAMA.

Although many banks such as Zenith Bank PLC, Guaranty Trust Bank PLC among others have different requirements but thee requirements are almost the same across all banks.

STEPS TO OPEN YOUR BUSINESS BANK ACCOUNT

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO OPEN A CORPORATE BANK ACCOUNT IN NIGERIA

The following are the documents required for a business bank account opening:

Board Resolution from the Board of Directors authorizing the opening of the account and approving the account signatories
Certified Memorandum and Articles of Association (Memart)
Completed corporate account opening form signed by the company’s designated signatories and the directors of the company.
Certified true copies of incorporation documents.
Residential address of the directors.
Passports photograph of the signatories.
Bank Verification Number of directors.
Legitimate identification document of the directors such as international passport, driver’s license, etc.
Tax Identification Number (TIN) for the company
Utility bill of business addresses such as the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN), water bill, Lagos Waste Management Authority (LAWMA), etc.
Special Control Unit Against Money Laundering (SCUML) registration where applicable.
Special requirements such as business permit, residence permit, etc. for foreign nationals.
2 duly filled reference forms by the corporate account holder
MINIMUM OPENING ACCOUNT BANK BALANCE FOR A NIGERIAN COMPANY ACCOUNT

Depending on the bank the minimum amount required for opening a corporate bank account differs from one bank to another bank but these amounts is usually between N 10,000 to N 100,000.

FOREIGN COMPANY OPENING A BANK ACCOUNT IN NIGERIA

In Nigeria, the relevant laws and rules provide that only a company duly registered in Nigeria can create a bank account in Nigeria. As a result, an alien company is not permitted to operate a bank in Nigeria except its subsidiary has been incorporated in Nigeria. It is an incorporated subsidiary that can apply to open a Corporate Bank Account.

https://azmonpartners.com/2020/09/15/how-to-opening-a-corporate-bank-account-in-nigeria/

1 Like

Re: How To Open A Corporate Account In Nigeria by Mide3367: 9:12am On Sep 20, 2020
Thank you very much

1 Like

Re: How To Open A Corporate Account In Nigeria by ayanbaba2(m): 6:08am On Oct 21, 2020
morning to you!
please, how can I get my tax identification number (individual)?
I want to use it for an online transaction.
thanks
Re: How To Open A Corporate Account In Nigeria by DeckeyLyrical(m): 7:30am On Oct 21, 2020
ayanbaba2:
morning to you!

please, how can I get my tax identification number (individual)?

I want to use it for an online transaction.

thanks

Go to JTB office near you.
Re: How To Open A Corporate Account In Nigeria by ayanbaba2(m): 8:40am On Oct 21, 2020
DeckeyLyrical:

Go to JTB office near you.
any other way about it... no movement here!
BVN /NIN can work in place of TIN?

(1) (Reply)

Raven Oluwasegun Adenle Is A Heartless Scammer! / Share From This Internet Shares / Avoiding Online Investment Scams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.