Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,995 members, 7,814,393 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Female Doctor (1st Child @39, Award @61): You’re Never Too Old To Do Anything! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Female Doctor (1st Child @39, Award @61): You’re Never Too Old To Do Anything! (434 Views)

How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? / Woman Loses 39-year-old Marriage For Denying Husband Sexual Rights / 39-Year-Old Woman Kneels To Serve 19-Year-Old Husband She Just Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Female Doctor (1st Child @39, Award @61): You’re Never Too Old To Do Anything! by prof2007: 10:29pm On Sep 19, 2020
A Doctor took to Twitter to speak against discrimination based on age while revealing that she did certain things at an age considered too old. Dr Sharon Cannon wrote: “I hope you know you’re never too old to do anything. Had my daughter at 39. Earned my Ph.D. at 45. Won a teaching award at 61. Yeah—I’m that old, and I rock! Stop the bias about age—and particularly about aging women. We are wise and wonderful!

“I have a couple of goals with this tweet:
1. Don’t talk yourself out of trying something because of your age.
2. Don’t dismiss a job applicant based on thinking the person is too old.”

SOURCE: https://globaltimesng.com/2020/09/18/youre-never-too-old-to-do-anything-female-doctor-who-had-first-child-at-39-and-won-a-teaching-award-at-61-speaks-against-discrimination-based-on-age/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=youre-never-too-old-to-do-anything-female-doctor-who-had-first-child-at-39-and-won-a-teaching-award-at-61-speaks-against-discrimination-based-on-age

1 Like

Re: Female Doctor (1st Child @39, Award @61): You’re Never Too Old To Do Anything! by Kemimarch16(f): 11:01pm On Sep 19, 2020
Wow she's a strong woman

2 Likes

Re: Female Doctor (1st Child @39, Award @61): You’re Never Too Old To Do Anything! by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 20, 2020
And she looks young and beautiful. If only women know how young they will look if they stopped overthinking and enjoy their lives!

(1) (Reply)

Groom Collapses At Wedding After Finding Out His Bride Has Four Children / Wife Disrupts Husband's Wedding, When She Appeared At The Wedding Venue With The / . ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.