Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,489 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

There Is Nothing Like Rapture In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Is Nothing Like Rapture In The Bible (380 Views)

End Time Events In 2021: Rapture In November / Does it mean there's nothing like rapture with Muslims? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Is Nothing Like Rapture In The Bible by paxonel(m): 7:47am On Sep 20, 2020
The truth be told, we are not reading bible, we are simply following laid down doctrines to believe in rapture.
Every scripture that we thought they were explaining rapture were all written to explain something else entirely far away from rapture,it takes reading to discover that, but unfortunately people don't read.
All we needed to do was to read the whole chapter of these scriptures and draw a conclusion of what the chapter was explaining and relate the conclusion with the very verse we thought it was taking about rapture, For instance :

Matthew 24: when you take time to read the whole of Matthew 24, you will discover that Jesus Christ was telling his disciples what will happen in the last days which is what Daniel the prophet prophesied that it will happen.
It was as if Daniel was talking about what will happen in the days of Jesus Christ on earth when he will come and die for the sins of mankind, not anywhere in our current day or our future.
So, invariably, the last day referred to the day Jesus was to be crucified and resurrected, not our future.
It was called the last day or end time because it marked the end of the long lasting old covenant and the beginning of the new covenant through Christ.

1 Thessalonians 4:16 is another verse of the bible that the doctrine of rapture was obtained from. The full explanation of this scripture according to Paul is in 1Corinthians 15:35.

Actually, 1 Thessalonians 4:16 was talking about another kind of end time which refers to the end of one's life and the resurrection of the dead.

In 1 Corinthians 15:35 Paul started by asking this question

1 Corinthians 15:35 But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?

When you read the whole of that chapter till the end, it explain how the dead are raised, not rapture.
Because Paul didn't start by asking the question how is rapture going to be?
Why?
Because there is nothing like rapture.
Rapture is never the picture of what the bible was trying to explain in these scriptures, infact there is no word like RAPTURE in the bible(Google it if you are doubting)

Well, already we still have the rapture doctrine steak to our head because we have been brainwashed into it for many years, so people keep talking about it, but the truth is there is nothing to fear.
Re: There Is Nothing Like Rapture In The Bible by dingbang(m): 7:53am On Sep 20, 2020
But there is death ba? And then judgement .. Praise God

1 Like

Re: There Is Nothing Like Rapture In The Bible by Missyajoke(f): 7:57am On Sep 20, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: There Is Nothing Like Rapture In The Bible by paxonel(m): 8:01am On Sep 20, 2020
Absolutely nothing to fear, just live your life, it was freely given to you
Re: There Is Nothing Like Rapture In The Bible by paxonel(m): 8:03am On Sep 20, 2020
dingbang:
But there is death ba? And then judgement .. Praise God
yes,
There is death and there is judgement.
Judgement comes immediately after death. It is appointed ones for men to die, after that judgement
Re: There Is Nothing Like Rapture In The Bible by paxonel(m): 8:05am On Sep 20, 2020
Missyajoke:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
that's why it is called good news.
It is something that makes you happy after you hear it, not something that makes you fear grin grin
Re: There Is Nothing Like Rapture In The Bible by ggirl4real: 8:07am On Sep 20, 2020
Even if there was anything like rapture and heaven, I doubt if many Nigerian Christians will go.

We can't be corrupt like this and still expect to make heaven.

If God considers Nigerian Christians qualified for heaven in the first list, then unbelievers will also make the second list.
Re: There Is Nothing Like Rapture In The Bible by dingbang(m): 8:12am On Sep 20, 2020
paxonel:
yes,
Judgement comes immediately after death. It is appointed ones for men to die, after that judgement
cool
Re: There Is Nothing Like Rapture In The Bible by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 20, 2020
Arrrrrrrh

That's life, when people don't want to believe something they produce another falsified way to believe the opposite.

You know quoting the Bible doesn't mean you are right, what give the right point is the understanding of the scriptures not by the help of men but God to assist one tackle that problem with that Scripture.

In as much there is death, then forget it you are liable to judgment. The rapture you are talking about Am not sure we will see it, it's a possibility but diffinatly it will happen, trust me.
Re: There Is Nothing Like Rapture In The Bible by PlayerMeji: 9:01am On Sep 20, 2020
When the dead are raised up...

Isn't that enough to justify rapture..
Re: There Is Nothing Like Rapture In The Bible by gbowoade85142: 9:15am On Sep 20, 2020
:But there is killing ka? And then knell .. Praise God yes, There is killing and there is knell. knell comes immediately after killing. It is appointed those for women to die, after that knell
Re: There Is Nothing Like Rapture In The Bible by paxonel(m): 9:25am On Sep 20, 2020
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

That's life, when people don't want to believe something they produce another falsified way to believe the opposite.
I didn't produce anything! I summarized quoted scriptures to back my points, meaning i took time to read and summarize these scriptures and have proper understanding before coming.

You know quoting the Bible doesn't mean you are right, what give the right point is the understanding of the scriptures
you are very right
[
not by the help of men but God to assist one tackle that problem with that Scripture.
very true!
But when you say the help of God, it will appear as if men cannot understand the bible without the help of God,In the real sense that is not true!
What is true is that, it is very difficult to understand the bible, even a lot of pastors find it very difficult to have a proper interpretation of certain verses, it's like solving advanced mathematics. The truth is, some people will have the understanding while some will not. It doesn't take any spiritual intervention but high level of reasoning.

In as much there is death, then forget it you are liable to judgment.
true!

The rapture you are talking about Am not sure we will see it,
if this thing is happening it would have happened a long time ago.
The question keep asking, how soon is 2000 years?

Matthew 24:33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

Jesus made this statement 2000 years ago and the thing has not happened after 2000 years, does it mean that Jesus was lying?
The answer is no!
It is Christians that misunderstood what Jesus meant in that scripture. That's why even you, you are not sure grin

it's a possibility but diffinatly it will happen, trust me.
what is possible is what has been written down in the bible. There is no possibility that imaginations of men will happen
Re: There Is Nothing Like Rapture In The Bible by paxonel(m): 9:32am On Sep 20, 2020
PlayerMeji:
When the dead are raised up...

Isn't that enough to justify rapture..
no!
Resurrection of the dead teaches that all Christians will resurect at their death, but rapture is different.
Rapture teaches that Christians will be made to fly and disappear from this earth, both the living and the dead. That isn't found anywhere in the bible
Re: There Is Nothing Like Rapture In The Bible by Myer(m): 11:09am On Sep 20, 2020
paxonel:
The truth be told, we are not reading bible, we are simply following laid down doctrines to believe in rapture.
Every scripture that we thought they were explaining rapture were all written to explain something else entirely far away from rapture,it takes reading to discover that, but unfortunately people don't read.
All we needed to do was to read the whole chapter of these scriptures and draw a conclusion of what the chapter was explaining and relate the conclusion with the very verse we thought it was taking about rapture, For instance :

Matthew 24: when you take time to read the whole of Matthew 24, you will discover that Jesus Christ was telling his disciples what will happen in the last days which is what Daniel the prophet prophesied that it will happen.
It was as if Daniel was talking about what will happen in the days of Jesus Christ on earth when he will come and die for the sins of mankind, not anywhere in our current day or our future.
So, invariably, the last day referred to the day Jesus was to be crucified and resurrected, not our future.
It was called the last day or end time because it marked the end of the long lasting old covenant and the beginning of the new covenant through Christ.

1 Thessalonians 4:16 is another verse of the bible that the doctrine of rapture was obtained from. The full explanation of this scripture according to Paul is in 1Corinthians 15:35.

Actually, 1 Thessalonians 4:16 was talking about another kind of end time which refers to the end of one's life and the resurrection of the dead.

In 1 Corinthians 15:35 Paul started by asking this question

1 Corinthians 15:35 But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?

When you read the whole of that chapter till the end, it explain how the dead are raised, not rapture.
Because Paul didn't start by asking the question how is rapture going to be?
Why?
Because there is nothing like rapture.
Rapture is never the picture of what the bible was trying to explain in these scriptures, infact there is no word like RAPTURE in the bible(Google it if you are doubting)

Well, already we still have the rapture doctrine steak to our head because we have been brainwashed into it for many years, so people keep talking about it, but the truth is there is nothing to fear.

Yes the word rapture wasn't used but adopted to describe the event stated in Matthew 24 and Luke 21.

However, even when those signs described and even far worse have continued to happen over and over again, since even the days of the apostles, the rapture has remained in future tense.
Re: There Is Nothing Like Rapture In The Bible by delkuf(m): 11:15am On Sep 20, 2020
paxonel:
yes,
And what will happen to man if he is judge
Re: There Is Nothing Like Rapture In The Bible by sonmvayina(m): 11:17am On Sep 20, 2020
The mistake most people make in interpreting those passages is that the interpret it from the position of the reader,rather than the speaker or writer. Paul and Jesus are not talking to you that is reading it 2000+ years later.. They were talking to their friends...

Please take not.
Re: There Is Nothing Like Rapture In The Bible by ABOVEDELAW: 12:12pm On Sep 20, 2020
no human beign has the perfect knowledge of certain portions of the bible.
Re: There Is Nothing Like Rapture In The Bible by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 20, 2020
paxonel:
I didn't produce anything! I summarized quoted scriptures to back my points, meaning i took time to read and summarize these scriptures and have proper understanding before coming.
you are very right
very true!
But when you say the help of God, it will appear as if men cannot understand the bible without the help of God,In the real sense that is not true!
What is true is that, it is very difficult to understand the bible, even a lot of pastors find it very difficult to have a proper interpretation of certain verses, it's like solving advanced mathematics. The truth is, some people will have the understanding while some will not. It doesn't take any spiritual intervention but high level of reasoning.
true!
if this thing is happening it would have happened a long time ago.
The question keep asking, how soon is 2000 years?

Matthew 24:33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

Jesus made this statement 2000 years ago and the thing has not happened after 2000 years, does it mean that Jesus was lying?
The answer is no!
It is Christians that misunderstood what Jesus meant in that scripture. That's why even you, you are not sure grin
what is possible is what has been written down in the bible. There is no possibility that imaginations of men will happen

Arrrrrrrh

I might agree to what you have wrote above Sir.
From what you have wrote, your main conscience, probably is when will this thing call rapture occur, and since it's not forth coming is not worth trusting right?

Ok Sir, do you know God's set time is different from the worldly standard. If God say near, it's might be for a long period that's one thing you should know. The Bible say, the world will pass but not my word. That's means we won't believe what people say but Christ word. It doesn't change how long it will tarry before rapture take place what matters Sir is, God word won't pass. Remember he assure us all this things will pass away before rapture take place.

I will will go through your Bible verses to understand your point well and if it worth replying I will tell you my own personal views.

Thank you, stay bless!!!
Re: There Is Nothing Like Rapture In The Bible by paxonel(m): 2:22pm On Sep 20, 2020
gaius01:

Arrrrrrrh

I might agree to what you have wrote above Sir.
From what you have wrote, your main conscience, probably is when will this thing call rapture occur, and since it's not forth coming is not worth trusting right?
all I'm saying is Jesus in Matthew 24:33 wasn't referring to rapture. Rapture wasn't what is on his mind when he made that statement in verse 33, rather he was talking about what will happen at the time he was going to be crucified, that the time of his crucifixion was near, even at the door step

Ok Sir, do you know God's set time is different from the worldly standard. If God say near, it's might be for a long period that's one thing you should know.
God feels human time too and work with it.
Once he says it is 24 hours trust me it is 24 hours and nothing more. Where the time will be longer he will surely indicate that it going to be a bit longer.
God is more time specific than humans. He promised the Israelites the Messiah, and the Messiah came exactly the time he appointed to them

The Bible say, the world will pass but not my word. That's means we won't believe what people say but Christ word. It doesn't change how long it will tarry before rapture take place what matters Sir is, God word won't pass. Remember he assure us all this things will pass away before rapture take place.
believe me, when he says the world will pass away but not my word, it's like he was swearing to the Israelites that the Messiah he promised them will come, meanwhile the Messiah was already there with them they didn't know.
I'm saying this to let you know that, the statement wasn't for us, it was for the Israelites. Therefore not everything you read in the bible are word of God to us

I will will go through your Bible verses to understand your point well and if it worth replying I will tell you my own personal views.

Thank you, stay bless!!!
please do!
Stay bless.

1 Like

Re: There Is Nothing Like Rapture In The Bible by paxonel(m): 2:55pm On Sep 20, 2020
delkuf:
And what will happen to man if he is judge

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Does Not Get Credit Enough. / 'my Kids Are Asking Me How God Created Himself' -nathaniel Bassey / Areas To Pay Attention 2021: Principles Of Advancement By Apostle Joshua Selman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.