Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,394 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

How Does An Irreligious Person Find A Spouse? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Does An Irreligious Person Find A Spouse? (1136 Views)

Female Pastor Gives Ladies Tips On How To Attract A Spouse / Atheist/irreligious Men Tell The Truth.... / Why Are Most White Folks Irreligious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does An Irreligious Person Find A Spouse? by FlyingTOMATOE: 10:03am On Sep 20, 2020
Our country is dominate by people who are predominantly either Christians or Muslims. When I get to meet a young lady, they are always curious to know what religion one belongs to. Along the way, when they discover you dont fancy church or mosque, they try to cut ties with you.

How does an irreligious person find a spouse? As an atheist, how do you get a spouse who is able to see beyond religion. I am really sad..

5 Likes

Re: How Does An Irreligious Person Find A Spouse? by ggirl4real: 10:10am On Sep 20, 2020
Many people are waking up to the sham of religion these days, including ladies

I'm sure there are irreligious ladies around you, some are yet to come out public for fear of rejection by friends and families

Except you hate religious people so much, you can still settle for a religious lady (the type that is not easily brainwashed by Pastors ooo. You will know through your conversations).

She can still be doing her religion while you do your own

Keep searching, you'll find your match soon

5 Likes

Re: How Does An Irreligious Person Find A Spouse? by DropsMic(m): 10:34am On Sep 20, 2020
Following
Re: How Does An Irreligious Person Find A Spouse? by dingbang(m): 10:39am On Sep 20, 2020
Fixes my helipad here.
Re: How Does An Irreligious Person Find A Spouse? by jmoore(m): 10:42am On Sep 20, 2020
Why is this a problem?

Place an advert online and list the type of spouse you want.

Atheist should find their fellow atheists and marry.

Stop looking for a religious person who should overlook your atheism.

1 Like

Re: How Does An Irreligious Person Find A Spouse? by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 20, 2020
Following.
Re: How Does An Irreligious Person Find A Spouse? by jekagadura: 10:56am On Sep 20, 2020
Marriage is about a match. Find someone who is an atheist like you, that can help you attain your aspirations and that you can help towards attaining her own aspirations as well...use your amoral approach to life, your rationality and your aversion to deism to find someone that can help you be a fantastic and improved version of who you are now...if you find peace, comfort and life follow that path wherever it leads!

2 Likes

Re: How Does An Irreligious Person Find A Spouse? by Blakjewelry(m): 11:05am On Sep 20, 2020
FlyingTOMATOE:
Our country is dominate by people who are predominantly either Christians or Muslims. When I get to meet a young lady, they always curious to know what religion you belong too. Along the was, when they discover you dont fancy church, they try to cut ties with you.

How does an irreligious person find a spouse? As an atheist, how do you get a spouse who is able to see beyond religion. I am really sad..
Some dey Nairaland na
Re: How Does An Irreligious Person Find A Spouse? by matrixme(m): 11:14am On Sep 20, 2020
Go to beer palour now... or where do you atheists gather sef
Re: How Does An Irreligious Person Find A Spouse? by ABOVEDELAW: 12:14pm On Sep 20, 2020
LOOK FOR YOUR FELLOW ATHEISTS THEN!
Re: How Does An Irreligious Person Find A Spouse? by ifejobi84754: 12:38pm On Sep 20, 2020
Fixes my heliport here.
Re: How Does An Irreligious Person Find A Spouse? by 3rdclassESCAPEE: 12:49pm On Sep 20, 2020
Op no one was born with a religion. Those who stayed the course was indoctrination based. My own point is try to convince the religious ones to be less ridge.

Those women who are matured and hav atheist tendencies have been taken already. They are the intelligent ones and are very scarce
Re: How Does An Irreligious Person Find A Spouse? by jmoore(m): 3:40pm On Sep 20, 2020
3rdclassESCAPEE:
Op no one was born with a religion. Those who stayed the course was indoctrination based. My own point is try to convince the religious ones to be less ridge.

Those women who are matured and hav atheist tendencies have been taken already. They are the intelligent ones and are very scarce

Atheists are intelligent but those who believe in God are not intelligent?

You guys sef.
Re: How Does An Irreligious Person Find A Spouse? by FlyingTOMATOE: 8:49pm On Sep 20, 2020
Cc Dominique can you help me move this thread to the right section??

I think romance or family, I am not sure
Re: How Does An Irreligious Person Find A Spouse? by kingxsamz(m): 8:55pm On Sep 20, 2020
Religious people are intolerant. Most un religious folks wouldn't mind getting into marriage with a theist, as long as their beliefs doesn't come in between them.
To me, marriage shouldn't be about religion, race, tribe/ ethnicity. It should be about two people who set aside their differences to fall in love and be together. Beliefs are just personal feelings that shouldn't have an impact on how you treat or behave towards people. There are Muslims who marry Christians and vice versa, and they're living in peace. Are they serving the same god? No.
As long as you both understand each other and respect each other's boundaries, then, why won't the marriage work?
Finally.
In this country, just have money, and whatever or whoever you are would be forgotten by those around you.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Does An Irreligious Person Find A Spouse? by kingxsamz(m): 8:56pm On Sep 20, 2020
jmoore:
Why is this a problem?

Place an advert online and list the type of spouse you want.

Atheist should find their fellow atheists and marry.

Stop looking for a religious person who should overlooks your atheism.

Give an intelligent explanation for why you said this, let me know if you're smart.

1 Like

Re: How Does An Irreligious Person Find A Spouse? by OtemAtum: 10:15pm On Sep 20, 2020
There is a way you can turn a religious person into an irreligious one. It takes carefulness and patience. You don't need to rush it. Just be dishing out questions to them one after the other, then patiently with time they will even be more irreligious than you are. I have done it to many people around me in the physical and it works so well.

In that vein, you can date a religious person and carefully turn them irreligious patiently. You don't have to tell them you are a freethinker at the beginning of the relationship though. That one can come up later.

3 Likes

Re: How Does An Irreligious Person Find A Spouse? by jmoore(m): 11:16pm On Sep 20, 2020
kingxsamz:

Give an intelligent explanation for why you said this, let me know if you're smart.
You want me to prove my smartness?

You guys and obsession with proof.

I owe you no proof.
Re: How Does An Irreligious Person Find A Spouse? by kingxsamz(m): 12:30am On Sep 21, 2020
jmoore:

You want me to prove my smartness?

You guys and obsession with proof.

I owe you no proof.

Give an explanation for what you wrote, that's all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does An Irreligious Person Find A Spouse? by Janosky: 2:50am On Sep 21, 2020
FlyingTOMATOE:
Our country is dominate by people who are predominantly either Christians or Muslims. When I get to meet a young lady, they are always curious to know what religion one belongs to. Along the way, when they discover you dont fancy church or mosque, they try to cut ties with you.

grin grin grin grin

Atheists frequent bars and night clubs.
Just kidding grin
Re: How Does An Irreligious Person Find A Spouse? by TheSourcerer: 8:21am On Sep 21, 2020
Janosky:

grin grin grin grin

Atheists frequent bars and night clubs.
Just kidding grin
Atheists create their own air
Re: How Does An Irreligious Person Find A Spouse? by kkins25(m): 9:48pm On Sep 21, 2020
OtemAtum:
There is a way you can turn a religious person into an irreligious one. It takes carefulness and patience. You don't need to rush it. Just be dishing out questions to them one after the other, then patiently with time they will even be more irreligious than you are. I have done it to many people around me in the physical and it works so well.

In that vein, you can date a religious person and carefully turn them irreligious patiently. You don't have to tell them you are a freethinker at the beginning of the relationship though. That one can come up later.

some question samples if you dont mind lord otematum
Re: How Does An Irreligious Person Find A Spouse? by OtemAtum: 11:04am On Sep 23, 2020
kkins25:

some question samples if you dont mind lord otematum
Questions will come up from your own natural mind, depending on whom you are? For example if you are an atheist, then questions bigger than the Bible can be asked. Questions like, "Why can't the god of the religion of your girlfriend/partner just create humans in heaven directly to avoid risking them go to hell fire?"
"Why does the god of the religion of your partner(if Jehovah) give almost everybody the gift of speaking in tongue, but hardly give people the gift of healing people?"

As you grow in your relationship, keep dishing out questions. Then you will eventually become surprised that such partner will be the one to carry it on her head more than you do, disturbing others with your own type of questions.

2 Likes

Re: How Does An Irreligious Person Find A Spouse? by kkins25(m): 11:29am On Sep 23, 2020
OtemAtum:
Questions will come up from your own natural mind, depending on whom you are? For example if you are an atheist, then questions bigger than the Bible can be asked. Questions like, "Why can't the god of the religion of your girlfriend/partner just create humans in heaven directly to avoid risking them go to hell fire?"
"Why does the god of the religion of your partner(if Jehovah) give almost everybody the gift of speaking in tongue, but hardly give people the gift of healing people?"

As you grow in your relationship, keep dishing out questions. Then you will eventually become surprised that such partner will be the one to carry it on her head more than you do, disturbing others with your own type of questions.
it would be nice ohh...being atheist or rather not just having any association with the major religions no easy at all...

Im single and still searching sha. My God damn heart is busy looking for religious babes up and down.
Re: How Does An Irreligious Person Find A Spouse? by CAPSLOCKED: 11:47am On Sep 23, 2020
YOU CAN FIND A RELIGIONIST AND DE-INDOCTRINATE THEM, BUT THIS IS NEVER EASY.

WOULD YOU LIKE YOUR KIDS TO BE RELIGIOUS? SURELY THERE'S GONNA BE A LOT OF PROBLEM IN YOUR MARRIAGE UNLESS YOU PLAY BY THEIR RELIGIOUS RULES.
Re: How Does An Irreligious Person Find A Spouse? by triplechoice(m): 1:57pm On Sep 23, 2020
I am going to advise from my own experience and those of others that I know

If you're a non religious person who is searching for partner in a society like ours, the first thing you need to do before you start your search is to temporarily drop whatever biases you may have against religious people. If not, you would unconsciously say and do things in their presence that would put them off or act in ways which seems odd to them without you realising it and when they start to avoid you, you cannot understand it.

Don't forget that women are very sensitive . They already can sense what to expect immediately you annouce who you are.

So I think you should keep your atheism in your pocket and pretend. There's nothing wrong with that. By the time they get to find out who you are later, they would have already accepted you as friend . Then you can proceed from there

There's nothing wrong if you follow them to church.

Just play along and I advise you focus your search anongs moderate Christians.

These set of believers are those who know the "real truth" about what they believe in.but are not willing discus or engage in any argument with anyone about it.And they have chosen to remain Christians for personal reasons . You can easily find them in the orthodox Churches .Catholics, Anglican, Methodist and so on.

Go there and look for your wife and forget about trying to change them so they can think like you. And also don't bother whether your kids would get indoctrinated when you get married to them

These days with the coming of the internet it's never really easy to completely indoctrinated anyone. Unlike in the past, people now have easy access to information that would make it difficult to completely deceive them

The world is changing and in some few years to come alot of people in this part of the world would abandoned their religion. It's already happening.

So don't bother yourself over nothing. Keep on searching you will find

2 Likes

Re: How Does An Irreligious Person Find A Spouse? by Kobojunkie: 2:49am On Oct 03, 2020
FlyingTOMATOE:

You are probably best hanging out with like-minded friends. In a country like Nigeria, I would advise against settling for any of the religious kind myself. You can maybe hook up with them on campuses and meet-ups across the country or even online.

By the way, even Christians frequent night-clubs, beer-parlours, and even LovePeddler-houses, so do not be deceived by anyone you meet there either. Vet them all!
Re: How Does An Irreligious Person Find A Spouse? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:21pm On Oct 03, 2020
FlyingTOMATOE:

Your real problem is money!

Most Nigerian ladies don't have choice, when you're loaded all what they will ask is to know your people and you too come and do the proper thing that's all! grin

1 Like

Re: How Does An Irreligious Person Find A Spouse? by tobechi74: 8:58pm On Oct 03, 2020
Place advert in newspaper......a 33 yr old lady looking for an Irreligious male
Re: How Does An Irreligious Person Find A Spouse? by FlyingTOMATOE: 1:01pm On Feb 21, 2022
Answer
Re: How Does An Irreligious Person Find A Spouse? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:08pm On Feb 21, 2022
From the comments of the "I hate God" aka Anti-God aka atheists, it is deduced that their aim for marriage is DOMINION and DICTATORSHIP!

Anyway na woman you wan rule? grin you go learn! grin
Re: How Does An Irreligious Person Find A Spouse? by Blakjewelry(m): 6:34pm On Feb 21, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
From the comments of the "I hate God" aka Anti-God aka atheists, it is deduced that their aim for marriage is DOMINION and DICTATORSHIP!

Anyway na woman you wan rule? grin you go learn! grin
The key word here is ignorance. One does not believe in a supreme who created the universe does translate to hate. Also it religion which preach male dominance in man woman relationship.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Evil Rain Destroys Traditional Wedding In Benin City (video) / True Story Of Adam And Eve (pix Included) / Nobody Should Talk For God Again, Here is Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.