Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,297 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

How Many Times Can A Christian Be Born Again? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Many Times Can A Christian Be Born Again? (1256 Views)

Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? / Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? / Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Times Can A Christian Be Born Again? by TruthHurts100: 11:51am On Sep 20, 2020
You said if I confess my sins and accept the lord as my personal savior that I'm born again.

Please ooo, what if I sin again? Will my first born again status still be valid or I will need another one?

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Can A Christian Be Born Again? by delkuf(m): 12:27pm On Sep 20, 2020
TruthHurts100:
You said if I confess my sins and accept the lord as my personal savior that I'm born again.

Please ooo, what if I sin again? Will my first born again status still be valid or I will need another one?
You are born again and you are given everlasting life. This life is ever lasting, so it cannot end. If you fall into sin, the Bible says the man will fall seven time and seven times he will rise. though this doesn't give us the liberty to sin. no matter if you fall into sin if you confess and genuinely repent, God's grace is enough for you
Re: How Many Times Can A Christian Be Born Again? by ggirl4real: 1:33pm On Sep 20, 2020
TruthHurts100:

"Once saved, always saved"

Go ahead and live your life

Even if you sin, you have been saved already so you will still make heaven
Re: How Many Times Can A Christian Be Born Again? by nencounter10: 6:26pm On Sep 20, 2020
TruthHurts100:

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If you fall into sin after being born again, all you need do is to confess that sin. God will forgive you.

Forgiveness of sins is for those who are already born again. Remission of sins is for those who intend to get born again. To remit means to wipe clean all records.

The important thing to know is that you get born again once and for all. Committing sin does not terminate you new life in christ.

Pls this is not an excuse for you to sin. Sin causes a break in fellowship with God but not a break in relationship with God. The father-son relationship remains intact but the harmony of the relationship may be broken.
You should not live in sin. Living in sin will hinder you from fulfilling God's purpose for your life.
Re: How Many Times Can A Christian Be Born Again? by Sammiegreg(m): 6:32pm On Sep 20, 2020
ggirl4real:

There is nothing like once saved always saved. This is a false belief and remember Judas Iscariot. Confess and repent.
Re: How Many Times Can A Christian Be Born Again? by nencounter10: 6:37pm On Sep 20, 2020
Sammiegreg:
There is nothing like once saved always saved. This is a false belief and remember Judas Iscariot. Confess and repent.

Judas Iscariout was never saved.He was much like an old testament saint.

Nobody God saved until after Jesus finishes the work of redemption by resurrecting again from the dead. Judas Died long before Jesus ressurrected.
Re: How Many Times Can A Christian Be Born Again? by Uyi168: 7:06pm On Sep 20, 2020
ggirl4real:

This one is new to me..
Christianity na better cruise..
Re: How Many Times Can A Christian Be Born Again? by TruthHurts100: 10:40pm On Sep 20, 2020
Just to show you how you've all been deceived.

What Does it mean to be born again?

Who chooses those to be born again?

Who were the first set of people to be born again in the Bible? Did they get born again merely by confessing their sins?
Re: How Many Times Can A Christian Be Born Again? by Kobojunkie: 5:57am On Oct 31, 2020
TruthHurts100:

That is not according to what Jesus Christ Himself said. Becoming born again is a process that requires you surrendering your mind, body and soul to being led by the Spirit of God through the obedience of the commandments that are part of the New Covenant, and this is likely not to happen overnight. It even involves abandoning family, friends, reputation, ego, career, property... everything in order to follow after Jesus Christ. It is not a behavioural change of sorts as portrayed by so-called born-agains, it is beyond all that superficial nonsense, and it takes a serious mind to accomplish.

Mainstream Christianity is a lie built on doctrines and traditions that are not entirely based on the teachings of Jesus Christ. Salvation (the belief and acceptance of Jesus Christ unto eternal life) is what is majorly confused with being born again. You would need to read through the Gospels, starting with Matthew, to gain a detailed understanding of the teachings of Jesus Christ Himself, and a real understanding of what it takes to become born again. Right off, I can tell you that there are 7 commandments that Jesus Christ gave to be followed by those who choose to become Born again, the benefit being that only those who are born again will indeed enter into the Kingdom of God.
Re: How Many Times Can A Christian Be Born Again? by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:09am On Oct 31, 2020
TruthHurts100:

Just once.

Contrary to what many believe, being born again is different from being saved.

Some saved can lose his salvation but someone born again can't.

Being born again requires much more than what it takes to be saved so it's a higher level of spiritual life.

You can look up Jesus' conversation with the rich young man who asked Jesus what he needed to do to be saved to understand the difference, because according to Jesus, he had met the requirement to be saved but it's when it came to that of being born again, that he fell short.

God bless.
Re: How Many Times Can A Christian Be Born Again? by DappaD: 8:02am On Oct 31, 2020
Churchgoers and delusions. None of you people have been able to answer the OP's question. undecided
Re: How Many Times Can A Christian Be Born Again? by haddeylium(m): 10:22am On Oct 31, 2020
ggirl4real:

Cruisee grin grin
Re: How Many Times Can A Christian Be Born Again? by Kobojunkie: 10:28am On Oct 31, 2020
ggirl4real:
"Once saved, always saved, "Go ahead and live your life. Even if you sin, you have been saved already so you will still make heaven
Salvation is only the beginning... In order to enter the Kingdom of Heaven, one also has to be born again, and that takes more than mental gymnastics, baptism, and the eating of communion to attain.
Re: How Many Times Can A Christian Be Born Again? by Kobojunkie: 10:42am On Oct 31, 2020
nencounter10:
Judas Iscariout was never saved.He was much like an old testament saint.

Nobody God saved until after Jesus finishes the work of redemption by resurrecting again from the dead. Judas Died long before Jesus ressurrected.
Why do you folks say such things! What are you afraid of? Judas Iscariot was saved - He believed in Jesus Christ and he at least ate the last supper meaning he, in fact, did all that Jesus Christ said we all require in order to be saved which is as below...

John 6 vs 47-56 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
47. “I can assure you that anyone who believes has eternal life.
48. I am the bread that gives life.
49. Your ancestors ate the manna God gave them in the desert, but it didn’t keep them from dying.
50. Here is the bread that comes down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will never die.
51. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my body. I will give my body so that the people in the world can have life.”
52. Then the Jews began to argue among themselves. They said, “How can this man give us his body to eat?”
53. Jesus said, “Believe me when I say that you must eat the body of the Son of Man, and you must drink his blood. If you don’t do this, you have no real life.
54. Those who eat my body and drink my blood have eternal life. I will raise them up on the last day.
55. My body is true food, and my blood is true drink.
56. Those who eat my body and drink my blood live in me, and I live in them.
Like the other disciples, he was chosen and anointed by Jesus Christ, meaning he, Judas, was saved like the others were.

John 3 vs 16-21 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16. “For God so loved the world,[i] that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
17. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
18. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.
19. And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil.
20. For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed.
21. But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.”
Was Judas Iscariot born again? That is the question that we do not have evidence of, but Judas was indeed saved, since he believed in Jesus Christ, even if he eventually betrayed Him, Jesus Christ.
Re: How Many Times Can A Christian Be Born Again? by Kobojunkie: 10:44am On Oct 31, 2020
TruthHurts100:
Just to show you how you've all been deceived.

What Does it mean to be born again?

Who chooses those to be born again?

Who were the first set of people to be born again in the Bible? Did they get born again merely by confessing their sins?
Obedience is the key to becoming born again and entering into the Kingdom of God beginning right here on earth.

No one can become a follower of Jesus Christ simply by wishing for it. Jesus required that those who choose to follow Him do the work that He commands they first do i.e. Obey that which He has stipulated.

1. Be prepared to abandon parents, brother, sister, children, spouse, in-laws, e.t.c.
2. Abandon all that you know/believe, have, and all that you are
3. Bear your own burden (not someone else's cross- not even your family's or children's)

Matthew 10 vs 34-39
34. “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace. I came to bring trouble.[h]
35. I have come to make this happen:
‘A son will turn against his father.
A daughter will turn against her mother.
A daughter-in-law will turn against her mother-in-law.
36. Even members of your own family will be your enemies.’
37. “Those who love their father or mother more than they love me are not worthy of me. And those who love their son or daughter more than they love me are not worthy of me.
38. Those who will not accept the cross that is given to them when they follow me are not worthy of me.
39. Those who try to keep the life they have will lose it. But those who give up their life for me will find true life.

4. Become a child again in your thinking and your actions

Matthew 14 vs 23-24
23. Then he said, “The truth is, you must change your thinking and become like little children. If you don’t do this, you will never enter God’s kingdom.
24. The greatest person in God’s kingdom is the one who makes himself humble like this child.
5. Be prepared to lose life(reputation, career, control, property, etc.)

Matthew 16 vs 24-27
24. Then Jesus said to his followers, “If any of you want to be my follower, you must stop thinking about yourself and what you want. You must be willing to carry the cross that is given to you for following me.
25. Any of you who try to save the life you have will lose it. But you who give up your life for me will find true life.
26. It is worth nothing for you to have the whole world if you yourself are lost. You could never pay enough to buy back your life.
27. The Son of Man will come again with his Father’s glory and with his angels. And he will reward everyone for what they have done.

6. Desire above all to find and enter the Kingdom of God and also walk the path of righteousness, with God as your guide every step
7. Let go of all control you have over your life and circumstances, allowing God to take care of your every need

Matthew 6 vs 25-34
25. “So I tell you, don’t worry about the things you need to live—what you will eat, drink, or wear. Life is more important than food, and the body is more important than what you put on it.
26. Look at the birds. They don’t plant, harvest, or save food in barns, but your heavenly Father feeds them. Don’t you know you are worth much more than they are?
27. You cannot add any time to your life by worrying about it.
28. “And why do you worry about clothes? Look at the wildflowers in the field. See how they grow. They don’t work or make clothes for themselves.
29. But I tell you that even Solomon, the great and rich king, was not dressed as beautifully as one of these flowers.
30. If God makes what grows in the field so beautiful, what do you think he will do for you? It’s just grass—one day it’s alive, and the next day someone throws it into a fire. But God cares enough to make it beautiful. Surely he will do much more for you. Your faith is so small!
31. “Don’t worry and say, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear?’
32. That’s what those people who don’t know God are always thinking about. Don’t worry, because your Father in heaven knows that you need all these things.
33. What you should want most is God’s kingdom and doing what he wants you to do. Then he will give you all these other things you need.
34. So don’t worry about tomorrow. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Tomorrow will have its own worries.
Re: How Many Times Can A Christian Be Born Again? by DappaD: 11:43am On Oct 31, 2020
Simple question! What does it mean to be BORN AGAIN?
Not all these long talks.

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Can A Christian Be Born Again? by paxonel(m): 3:52pm On Oct 31, 2020
All these are long talk, there is nothing like born again today.
We are saved by our faith through Christ.
Without faith it is impossible to please God
Re: How Many Times Can A Christian Be Born Again? by nencounter10: 4:59pm On Oct 31, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Why do you folks say such things! What are you afraid of? Judas Iscariot was saved - He believed in Jesus Christ and he at least ate the last supper meaning he, in fact, did all that Jesus Christ said we all require in order to be saved which is as below...

Like the other disciples, he was chosen and anointed by Jesus Christ, meaning he, Judas, was saved like the others were.

Was Judas Iscariot born again? That is the question that we do not have evidence of, but Judas was indeed saved, since he believed in Jesus Christ, even if he eventually betrayed Him, Jesus Christ.

But Jesus himself said Judas Iscariout was lost

John 17:1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

17:2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

17:6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

17:7 Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.

17:8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

17:9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

17:10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

Nobody had his sins remitted until after Jesus died.

Hebrews 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Nobody was justified until Jesus rose up from the dead.

Romans 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

This is the scriptural way to get saved.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. [/b]10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; [b]and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

To be saved here means to be born again.
Re: How Many Times Can A Christian Be Born Again? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:10pm On Oct 31, 2020
Lóbalátán!
DappaD:
Simple question! What does it mean to be BORN AGAIN?
Not all these long talks.
Re: How Many Times Can A Christian Be Born Again? by Kobojunkie: 5:32pm On Oct 31, 2020
nencounter10:
But Jesus himself said Judas Iscariout was lost

John 17:1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

17:2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

17:6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

17:7 Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.

17:8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

17:9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

17:10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.
True that Jesus Christ lost him, Judas, but still false that Judas was not saved. Judas Iscariot was a believer, hence he was saved. He was lost to Jesus Christ because He did not go on to become born again - two different things. According to Jesus Christ, Salvation from the condemnation of sin that is death cannot be revoked.

nencounter10:
Nobody had his sins remitted until after Jesus died.
Hebrews 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
That ain't true at all, not according to Jesus Christ Himself!

Matthew 9 vs 1-3(ERV)
1. Jesus got into a boat and went back across the lake to his own town.
2. Some people brought to him a man who was paralyzed and was lying on a mat. Jesus saw that these people had much faith. So he said to the paralyzed man, “Young man, you will be glad to hear this. Your sins are forgiven.”

3. Some of the teachers of the law heard what Jesus said. They said to themselves, “What an insult to God for this man to say that!”
He went around healing the sick, and forgiving people their sins as well. That really got in the craw of the Pharisees/Teachers of the Law of His time who hated Him for thinking He was able to do that.

Mark 2 vs 4-6(ERV)
4. But they could not get the man inside to Jesus because the house was so full of people. So they went to the roof above Jesus and made a hole in it. Then they lowered the mat with the paralyzed man on it.
5. When Jesus saw how much faith they had, he said to the paralyzed man, “Young man, your sins are forgiven.”
6. Some of the teachers of the law were sitting there. They saw what Jesus did, and they said to themselves,

nencounter10:
Nobody was justified until Jesus rose up from the dead.
Romans 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.
Again, not according to Jesus Christ either! Ask yourself questions about what justification means. While Jesus Christ walked the earth, He was the Helper/Guide/Comforter/Teacher/Counselor.... everything there was to be to His disciples, who He taught to Baptize, Heal the sick, Raise the dead, cast out demons etc. He taught them everything that those of us who to follow after His death were also to be taught.

Even before the very end of His journey with them, Jesus Christ informed His disciples that He would go, upon His death, to prepare a place for them in His Father's House. If they were not "justified" before His death, why would He promise them a place in His Father's house to booth?

nencounter10:
This is the scriptural way to get saved.
Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. [/b]10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; [b]and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
To be saved here means to be born again.
Jesus Christ is the TRUTH of God, and what He says is LAW -- the New Agreement that we are bound by.

John 6 vs 47-56 (ERV)
47. “I can assure you that anyone who believes has eternal life.
48. I am the bread that gives life.
49. Your ancestors ate the manna God gave them in the desert, but it didn’t keep them from dying.
50. Here is the bread that comes down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will never die.
51. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my body. I will give my body so that the people in the world can have life.”
52. Then the Jews began to argue among themselves. They said, “How can this man give us his body to eat?”
53. Jesus said, “Believe me when I say that you must eat the body of the Son of Man, and you must drink his blood. If you don’t do this, you have no real life.
54. Those who eat my body and drink my blood have eternal life. I will raise them up on the last day.
55. My body is true food, and my blood is true drink.
56. Those who eat my body and drink my blood live in me, and I live in them.
These are the words of Jesus Christ as recorded by John the apostle, should we continue to ignore His words? Trying to refute His, Jesus Christ's Words, is akin to admitting one is not even of Jesus Christ.

Now as to becoming born again, I know what your so-called pastors and preachers have taught you all, but unfortunately, they lied to you because they ignored all the teachings of Jesus Christ in declaring that. Becoming born again is akin to becoming born of the Spirit and nowhere in Scripture does Jesus Christ say that Salvation equates to being born again, NOWHERE!
Re: How Many Times Can A Christian Be Born Again? by DappaD: 5:47pm On Oct 31, 2020
Kobojunkie:
True that Jesus Christ lost him, Judas, but still false that Judas was not saved. Judas Iscariot was a believer, hence he was saved. He was lost to Jesus Christ because He did not go on to become born again - two different things. According to Jesus Christ, Salvation from the condemnation of sin that is death cannot be revoked.
He went around healing the sick, and forgiving people their sins as well. That really got in the craw of the Pharisees/Teachers of the Law of His time who hated Him for thinking He was able to do that.
Again, not according to Jesus Christ either! Ask yourself questions about what justification means. While Jesus Christ walked the earth, He was the Helper/Guide/Comforter/Teacher/Counselor.... everything there was to be to His disciples, who He taught to Baptize, Heal the sick, Raise the dead, cast out demons etc. He taught them everything that those of us who to follow after His death were also to be taught.
Even before the very end of His journey with them, Jesus Christ informed His disciples that He would go, upon His death, to prepare a place for them in His Father's House. If they were not "justified" before His death, why would He promise them a place in His Father's house to booth?
Jesus Christ is the TRUTH of God, and what He says is LAW -- the New Agreement that we are bound by.
These are the words of Jesus Christ as recorded by John the apostle, should we continue to ignore His words? Trying to refute His, Jesus Christ's Words, is akin to admitting one is not even of Jesus Christ.
Now as to becoming born again, I know what your so-called pastors and preachers have taught you all, but unfortunately, they lied to you because they ignored all the teachings of Jesus Christ in declaring that.
Becoming born again is akin to becoming born of the Spirit and nowhere in Scripture does Jesus Christ say that Salvation equates to being born again, NOWHERE!
@bold
First step in the right direction! So what does it mean to be “born again” as in born of the spirit? smiley
Say something new now—don't repeat what you earlier stated.
Re: How Many Times Can A Christian Be Born Again? by nencounter10: 6:17pm On Oct 31, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Now as to becoming born again, I know what your so-called pastors and preachers have taught you all, but unfortunately, they lied to you because they ignored all the teachings of Jesus Christ in declaring that. Becoming born again is akin to becoming born of the Spirit and nowhere in Scripture does Jesus Christ say that Salvation equates to being born again, NOWHERE!

You are a very strange kind of Christian, you call the word of God a lie.

The only thing that is worth responding to in all your post above is the fact that Jesus forgave a man his sins before his death.

In case you do not know, there is a difference between forgiving sins and remitting sins. To forgive sin means to pardon sin.To remit sin means to wipe of all records of sins.

In this dispensation, God does not forgive sins of sinners, he remits them when they give their lives to Christ .

On the other hand he forgives Christians who sins.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If you don't believe being born again is the same as being saved, that your choice. I don't just believe it, I know it. Accepting Jesus as Lord and personal saviour gets one saved, gets one born again.

I do not have time to go into it, but I can show you from scriptures that there are three types of salvation. Salvation of the spirit (which is the same as being born again), salvation of the soul(which is the same as the renewal of the mind), salvation of the body (which is the same as being transfigured at rapture).

Being born again is same as salvation of the spirit and the process for experiencing it is stated in Roman10: 9,10. If you don't understand this then you need more revelation of God's word. And please stop calling the word of God lie. It is your interpretation of it that is the lie.

Please, I am done talking with you. I don't see any use disputing with a christian who calls God's word and lie.
Re: How Many Times Can A Christian Be Born Again? by Kobojunkie: 6:25pm On Oct 31, 2020
nencounter10:
You are a very strange kind of Christian, you call the word of God a lie.
The Word of God is Jesus Christ and no, I never called Jesus Christ a lie!
nencounter10:
The only thing that is worth responding to in all your post above is the fact that Jesus forgave a man his sins before his death.
Well that is the Truth of God, Jesus Christ.
nencounter10:
In case you do not know, there is a difference between forgiving sins and remitting sins. To forgive sin means to pardon sin.To remit sin means to wipe of all records of sins.
In this dispensation, God does not forgive sins of sinners, he remits them when they give their lives to Christ .
On the other hand he forgives Christians who sins.
So, when Jesus Christ forgave the sins of a whole town of Samaritans, He lied?
If you don't believe being born again is the same as being saved, that your choice. I don't just believe it, I know it. Accepting Jesus as Lord and personal saviour gets one saved, gets one born again.

I do not have time to go into it, but I can show you from scriptures that there are three types of salvation. Salvation of the spirit (which is the same as being born again), salvation of the soul(which is the same as the renewal of the mind), salvation of the body (which is the same as being transfigured at rapture).
Being born again is same as salvation of the spirit and the process for experiencing it is stated in Roman10: 9,10. If you don't understand this then you need more revelation of God's word. And please stop calling the word of God lie. It is your interpretation of it that is the lie.

Please, I am done talking with you. I don't see any use disputing with a person who calls God's word and lie.
Please, stop suckling at the tits of your so-called pastors and preachers. You have been lied to because everything you continue to emit runs contrary to the very words and good works of Jesus Christ Himself. How a one who claims to be of Jesus Christ can deny most everything that Jesus Christ taught and did is beyond me!
Re: How Many Times Can A Christian Be Born Again? by Kobojunkie: 6:41pm On Oct 31, 2020
Sammiegreg:
Technically, once a person makes the initial choice to believe in Jesus Christ, such a person is saved(Salvation) from the condemnation of sin that is death. That person will never again be condemned to die (the condemnation of sin, to perish in the grave), even for any sins you committed after being saved.

I don't subscribe to the doctrine of once-saved-always-saved because it is of man, but the teachings of Jesus Christ explains that Salvation is never revoked i.e. a person does not lose the gift of eternal life once it has been granted. It is a gift from God to all those who believe.

That said, being saved is not the same thing as being born again, not according to Jesus Christ.
Re: How Many Times Can A Christian Be Born Again? by nencounter10: 7:34pm On Oct 31, 2020
I will add this for the sake of other people who may read the thread.

To be justified means to be declared righteous(or guitless). The Greek word translated justified is the same word translated righteous.

Nobody got justified until Jesus rose from the dead means nobody became righteous until Jesus rose from the dead.

None of the disciples got born again until Jesus rose from the dead.

The promised Jesus made his disciples were prophetic meaning they are futuristic. The apply not only to them in the future but to all who will in the future believe on him.

During his earthly days Jesus had the power to forgive sins.He utilized that power. Only he at those time could forgive sins apart from God , of course.

When Jesus promised by his disciples mansions, it was futuristic.He knew they will be born again in the future. That promise is for all born again please people.
Re: How Many Times Can A Christian Be Born Again? by PharmaGirl(f): 10:24pm On Oct 31, 2020
TruthHurts100:

Please ooo, what if I sin again?
If you sin again, yo

Will my first born again status still b valid or I will need another one?
What happens when you accept Jesus Christ is this.
Your past sins and all that you were before then, gets remitted or blotted out and you receive eternal life.
Your spirit man is recreated and you become a new creature. As seen in 2Cor 5:17

Now, because your past has been blotted out, God sees you like a baby. You are justified and made righteous.
And you(your spirit man) become one with God.

When you(a believer) sins, you(your recreated human spirit) become "stained". And you'll need to be forgiven and cleansed from that sin.
Your past do not need to be remitted because its already been done.
All you need to do is read 1John 1:9 and follow the steps to go back into fellowship with God.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:9 KJV
https://bible.com/bible/1/1jn.1.9.KJV
This bible verse is for believers who have deviated from God's path by sinning.

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Can A Christian Be Born Again? by PharmaGirl(f): 10:38pm On Oct 31, 2020
ggirl4real:

Not true. If you sin, you won't make heaven.

As a believer, if you sin your relationship with God is strained. You must confess your sins, and desist from doing them.
Only then can you return to fellowship with God.
Read 1 John1:9. That verse is for believers who have sinned.
Don't be deceived into thinking that God overlooks unrighteousness.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:9 KJV
https://bible.com/bible/1/1jn.1.9.KJV

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Joshua Selman Made Me Lose My Girl / Here Is The Real Africa Deity Called (esu) Who Lives In Ooni Of Ife Palace / Is It Compulsory To Pay Tithe!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.