Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,065 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

My Journey: Starting Up A Garri Business Empire. [live Journal] - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Journey: Starting Up A Garri Business Empire. [live Journal] (2141 Views)

What You Need To Know Before Setting Up A Garri Factory / Mike Adenuga: "How I Started My Business Empire By Selling Car Stereos In 1974" / How Mike Adenuga Makes His Money And Builds His Business Empire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Journey: Starting Up A Garri Business Empire. [live Journal] by tonyawo: 4:09pm On Nov 01, 2020
coolk:
UPDATE: 1st November, 2020.

Happy New Month to Everyone.
May this Month of November bring us closer to fulfilling our dreams.

GOOD NEWS:

I will be making my "first Garri sales" this week, if all goes according to plan.

Garri Business issa Go... cheesy cheesy

It's a small quantity (2 bags of 100kg Garri) to a family-friend based in Asaba... But I'm absolutely thrilled.

More details later.

Wish me luck... wink
Good luck

1 Like

Re: My Journey: Starting Up A Garri Business Empire. [live Journal] by LikeAking: 4:10pm On Nov 01, 2020
You go make am big.

Nice one

1 Like

Re: My Journey: Starting Up A Garri Business Empire. [live Journal] by tammyf: 5:29pm On Nov 01, 2020
can one come in with his fund alongside you ?
Re: My Journey: Starting Up A Garri Business Empire. [live Journal] by Premiumwriter: 6:46pm On Nov 01, 2020
coolk:
UPDATE: 12th October, 2020.

Last week Tuesday, I spoke with a local garri processor about the current situation of the Garri Business.

He was happy to share his views. His garri business is a family affair. They (the family) farms cassava, but not enough to meet their production targets, so they also purchase cassava from other farmers in the area.

They buy loaded *Trucks* of harvested cassava at the local farmers market or directly from a farm. They also buy *Chains* of cultivated cassava plots, harvest themselves, and process.

This year has been particularly good for him and his family. The market price has been consistently high (about 100% higher than previous years), since the onset of the Pandemic in the Country, and subsequent Nationwide lockdown.

They average about 5 to 6 *Big Basins* per week.
A basin of garri is currently sold at about N8,000± in this area.

Pictures below shows his family Processing Cassava (Peeling, Washing and Bagging), before taking to the cassava mill for grinding.
basin is still N5-6k in benue state as of yesterday market.
Re: My Journey: Starting Up A Garri Business Empire. [live Journal] by Uniquewise: 7:39pm On Nov 01, 2020
OP, pls how many paint buckets (custard) of gari can one find in 100kg bag. How much is a bag?

Pls post your number; I need to get a bag too
Re: My Journey: Starting Up A Garri Business Empire. [live Journal] by coolk(m): 1:11pm On Nov 02, 2020
tonyawo:
Good luck
Thanks Boss
Re: My Journey: Starting Up A Garri Business Empire. [live Journal] by coolk(m): 1:12pm On Nov 02, 2020
LikeAking:
You go make am big.

Nice one
AMENNNNN....!
You too Boss.

1 Like

Re: My Journey: Starting Up A Garri Business Empire. [live Journal] by coolk(m): 1:13pm On Nov 02, 2020
tammyf:
can one come in with his fund alongside you ?

You Can. Let's Talk.

Give me a Call on 08022126104
Re: My Journey: Starting Up A Garri Business Empire. [live Journal] by coolk(m): 1:21pm On Nov 02, 2020
Uniquewise:
OP, pls how many paint buckets (custard) of gari can one find in 100kg bag. How much is a bag?

Pls post your number; I need to get a bag too

• A 100kg bag of Garri consists of roughly 2 basins

• It takes roughly 13 Custard paint buckets to fill a Basin of Garri.

• You'll get about 26 Custard paint buckets in a 100kg Bag of Garri.

Prices vary a little bit every market day (every forth day).

I can be reached easily on 08022126104.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get ur MTN 1gb 4just #400 and also convert your airtime to cash from us�� / Swift Networks Acquires Direct On Pc / What Issue Are You Currently Having With Your Pi Network App? I Will Help..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.