Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,754 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? (57178 Views)

Ize-Iyamu Complained About Wike In Edo: What Is Governor Of Rivers Doing In Edo? / Akwa Ibom: ‘God Crushed Apc’s Federal Might’ – Gov Emmanuel Speaks On Victory / PDP Will Defeat APC In 2019 Regardless Of Federal Might – Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by Soulsymbol99: 5:25pm On Sep 20, 2020
make dem wait make trump win,em go treat their matter
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by Yakubu113: 5:27pm On Sep 20, 2020
I don't think the peaceful outcome of the election have to do with the US visa ban, election are not easy to rig when the people don't want you and Mr president should be commended for not bringing in the federal might factor into the process.
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by Uncleodi(m): 5:27pm On Sep 20, 2020
Sleevia:
From all indications, Obaseki has won this election but two things stood out unexpectedly

1. It was generally peaceful

2. There was zero federal might influence.

What do you think is the reason behind this?

I would hazard a guess and I am open to correction.

A: The U.S visa ban restricted federal influence, which Oshiomole, Ganduje and Tinubu were banking on. I was on twitter when I read that order has been given that there should be no interference in the election. This was why, after votes at the PU were done, all security agents, from Army to Police and others LEFT.

B. The Oba of Benin meeting. Before the election, Oba invited both contestants for a meeting where he specifically warned against violence in whatever form. I often read from outsiders that Oba of Benin is just like any oba out there but what majority do not know is the weight the Oba of Benin carries among his people and this election further proved that.

Since the APC took power, this is the most peaceful election we have had...

The question is WHY?

Please join the discussion and I would like to learn from other persons and correct me where you feel I am wrong.

You forgot to add the Absence of Abba Kyari

1 Like

Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by frankyychiji(f): 5:28pm On Sep 20, 2020
Rgade:
True. The election was so uncharacteristic of APC.
several opinions have been raised, like the warning from foreign powers. APCheat officials wouldn't want a falling out with them, and the FG knew better to keep their hands clean.
Perhaps buhari done weigh things and realize it wasn't worth the stress and effort. The country is broke, VAT, fuel and tariff increase and everything; Nigerians dey vex and fit change am for them if they expel too much funds rigging Edo.
They've rigged far too many elections so far, perhaps they felt this would be one too many.
Besides, APC in Edo weren't all that organized. I guess they struggled to get their shit together.
In summary, the election was peaceful cause APC respected themselves.
And lastly, Edo peeps stayed woke grin
Mahn! I enjoyed reading you!
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by Niceiroko: 5:30pm On Sep 20, 2020
Sleevia:
From all indications, Obaseki has won this election but two things stood out unexpectedly

A: The U.S visa ban restricted federal influence, which Oshiomole, Ganduje and Tinubu were banking on. I was on twitter when I read that order has been given that there should be no interference in the election. This was why, after votes at the PU were done, all security agents, from Army to Police and others LEFT.

B. The Oba of Benin meeting. Before the election, Oba invited both contestants for a meeting where he specifically warned against violence in whatever form. I often read from outsiders that Oba of Benin is just like any oba out there but what majority do not know is the weight the Oba of Benin carries among his people and this election further proved that.

The question is WHY?

Please join the discussion and I would like to learn from other persons and correct me where you feel I am wrong.
. Support for right doing was loudest
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by realhovaps(m): 5:30pm On Sep 20, 2020
Maxymilliano:
Majorly, the fear of Visa ban is the beginning of free and fair elections.

As in the thing work o.
Our leaders are useless and shameless. They should worsened it for them as come on. People are suffering and they using the massed to catch cruise. What nonsense .

If they can resign the buhari sef e no better.
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by xreal: 5:31pm On Sep 20, 2020
Edo people have earned much of my respect because of how this election went.

More respect to Oba of Benin.

Imagine Tinubu telling an Oba in Osun that the Oba isn't as wealthy as he (Tinubu) is. Even if that statement was true, why must he say it in a political function?

1 Like

Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by bizzibodi(m): 5:33pm On Sep 20, 2020
All thanks must go to Buhari for his non interference in Edo election.
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by aflovic: 5:33pm On Sep 20, 2020
To me this is not about peaceful election or USA visa ban but one thing is that It shows Buhari or those around him controlling government are trying go clip Tinubu's wings which they think will give them better advantage to wrestle him out of the presidential race in APC. Everywhere Tinubu goes right now and everything he is interested in, they mess up. Buhari has got his two terms already and cares less about what happens to APC as far as it does not affect him or his cronies directly.

Buhari refused to rig in Edo state so as not to help Tinubu or Oshiomole not because he is a transparent leader. He still remains a master rigger and supports corruption and terrorism in his government.
That is my opinion as a political watcher because this government is a failure.

2 Likes

Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 20, 2020
marv1:
You people just like to make trouble out if nothing.
Was the election in Bayesa not free and fair and won by APC.
You should know you can expect same result with ekiti election .
So stop saying it's because Edo no be Lagos stuff.

Is it today election has been won without tinubu verdit.
In ondo state aketi won first term without tinubu surport and that was why tinubu did not come for his rally so stop treating tinubu as a demi god in western politics.

I didn't mention any names, so that's your business my friend... I am entitled to my opinion.
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by EMMY76: 5:34pm On Sep 20, 2020
Sleevia:

The question is WHY?

I believe the UK and US ban threats is actually the game changer.
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by Farki: 5:35pm On Sep 20, 2020
Fear of visa ban.
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by dederocs(m): 5:35pm On Sep 20, 2020
Visa ban is too trivial to deter our politicians from their desperate and crooked ways to grab power, i think it is the meeting with Oba and the nature of the Edo people...politicians value the money they will loot in government than traveling to America and UK, they can enjoy their loot elsewhere,the visa ban threat did nothing.
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by rowosky(m): 5:36pm On Sep 20, 2020
An innocent INEC official was shot
And you call that peaceful
No life should be lost during an election.

1 Like

Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by HabaHaba: 5:37pm On Sep 20, 2020
May this be the outcome when Tinubu contests in 2023.

May He never have peace by any means.

May He become so frustrated that the name of his family be deleted and forgotten from the face of the earth and Nigeria.
Amen
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by ajebuter(f): 5:39pm On Sep 20, 2020
US and UK ban

And threat of seizure of the stolen wealth and assets of sponsors of electoral malpractice and rigging..

Shikena
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by hkidola00(m): 5:39pm On Sep 20, 2020
BLAISECAMPAORE:
Ordinary visa ban is too trivial to stop a desperate Nigerian politician from grabbing power & getting his hands in the public treasury.
Is the US the only country on earth?

God bless President Buhari for giving us the freest, fairest, most peaceful & transparent election since return to democracy.

Congratulations to Obaseki & the PDP.

Truly Edo is not Lagos.
guy don't annoy me.. which buhari
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by itoba4real(m): 5:39pm On Sep 20, 2020
its was the threat from the us and uk with the will of the people that made the difference.now the threat should be extended to ondo and other subsequent elections.kudos to my edo brothers
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by dederocs(m): 5:40pm On Sep 20, 2020
stankezzy:
all these u a saying contributed but it is not d main thing , north are very calculative , their eyes are on 2023 presidency , they can sacrifice anything including human being to make sure they retain d power ,abandoning oshiomole to get to. his oga in Lagos that is coming out for 2023 presidency is not a mistake, they intentionally want to cut d wings of Tinubu and his camp against 2023.
if u say it is because of USA or oba ,they have been there yet many rigging but this time around d north have personal purpose
This case was different, Obaseki was being oppressed and Edo people hate oppression.
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by Thomist(m): 5:42pm On Sep 20, 2020
The only reason why PDP won is because Abba Kyari is not alive. That man would have lured Buhari to do some rigging.. He is responsible for the Imo state own.. Even Gov Uzodinma says.
Again the US UK Visa ban played a role but this people(Oshiomole, Tinubu) don't even care traveling, ones they are milking the state dry..
Congrats to Edo People. They are brave

1 Like

Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by josdiv(m): 5:42pm On Sep 20, 2020
All that is left to say is Congratulations to Obaseki.
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by GEEBITE: 5:44pm On Sep 20, 2020
He is worse than that. His moniker(Blaise Campaore) is that of a traitor and murderer of his best friend Thomas Sankara to take over power. You can see how twisted his mind is to adopt it
moodyguy:
See Zombie ooo
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by 4Play(m): 5:46pm On Sep 20, 2020
Atouke:
They all have bank Accounts, kids and relations in US, EU and UK , The ban also include those . That's why they are scared. For Nigerian Politicians now, if you rig elections, your bank accounts in oyibo land will be frozen, your kids in Oyibo schools will be sent home and your relations will be banned from entry into oyibo land and the politicians themselves will not be able to go for medical check up Abroad.

this is scary stuff for Nigerian politicians, that why they are wary of rigging.

This is one of the major reasons the APC rigging machine went to sleep on this election, no politician wants to risk being banned by oyibo

There is a possibility of all that but it can be challenged in UK or US courts. I think politicians will keep rigging but in a less brazen fashion. If they don't rig, many will be powerless and risk facing the wrath of our legal system. Faced with such a choice, some will keep rigging in the same way Mugabe continued despite western sanctions.
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by Elfaris(m): 5:47pm On Sep 20, 2020
Hehehe it is just funny seeing people blabbing about Visa ban yen yen yen. it's obvious you guys have no clue the immensity of the f*ck those politicians do not give about the visa bans. Who among those that the visa ban were placed on are constant visitors of US or UK?
PMB just keeps showing that he is a true democrat who is all in favour of free and fair elections no matter the insults people rain on him. You guys think if he wanted to use federal might and Arrow the electoral process, he wouldn't? Lmaooo.
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by Adams1616: 5:47pm On Sep 20, 2020
Its because Abba kyari is dead and the vegetable bubu has no say.chief rigger is dead.
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by ovieigho(m): 5:47pm On Sep 20, 2020
ecolime:
Take it or leave it, the zero Federal influence is simply to humiliate and demystify both Tinubu and Oshiomole.

Buhari is damn happy at the moment.

BTW, Congrats to the good people of Edo state. You all made it possible.

You said what’s on my mind ....
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by persius555(m): 5:49pm On Sep 20, 2020
The people of Edo don't condone injustice.
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by max57: 5:50pm On Sep 20, 2020
SirIconR:
For the first time am saying Buhari well done.... Kudos to u..... for playing a neutral game here.... All I know is this..... Na

God--win.......

Fear of medical tourism
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by drololaaof: 5:51pm On Sep 20, 2020
In addition signing the peace accord of Rtd Gen Abdulsalam
The threat of repatrating the families of election violence
Confiscating their account and properties

1 Like

Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by KamalMarx: 5:54pm On Sep 20, 2020
A lot of individuals are saying that the UK/US visa ban wasn't responsible.
But we forget in other to succesfully rig an election, as a politician, you need the support of all the INEC officials, Returning officers, Collating officers.
These guys are the backbone of any successful rigging campaign. The US visa ban threat might not have worked on the politicians, they have money to go elsewhere.
But it definitely worked on these guys I have mentioned. Nobody is willing to risk an escape to America and permanent residency for some token that some politicians will pay you for helping them win.
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by LadyExcellency: 5:55pm On Sep 20, 2020
bizzibodi:
All thanks must go to Buhari for his non interference in Edo election.

Was he supposed to interfere?

Does Buhari vote in Edo State?

Thank God for taking Abba Khari home and Western Government threat to sanction interferences.

1 Like

Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by Wolexdey(m): 5:55pm On Sep 20, 2020
JESUS CHRIST made the Peaceful outcome possible... No man can take GLORY...
THANK YOU LORD JESUS CHRIST

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Segun Sowunmi And Rotimi Amaechi Clash At Presidential Debate / Nnamdi Kanu: Buhari Encircled And Trapped In His Yokohama Hotel Hideout / Apostle Chibuzor Hands Over DEBORAH ESTATE To Deborah Samuel's Parents (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.