Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? (57187 Views)

Ize-Iyamu Complained About Wike In Edo: What Is Governor Of Rivers Doing In Edo? / Akwa Ibom: ‘God Crushed Apc’s Federal Might’ – Gov Emmanuel Speaks On Victory / PDP Will Defeat APC In 2019 Regardless Of Federal Might – Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by Jotrade: 6:28pm On Sep 20, 2020
Obaseki pepper them!

Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by kazeeyoung(m): 6:31pm On Sep 20, 2020
Free and fair indeed.

Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by prigoz(m): 6:33pm On Sep 20, 2020
My dear OP, the fear of US Visa ban is the beginning of wisdom. Finished

Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by onoja12: 6:37pm On Sep 20, 2020
Option A is totally wrong,more like obaseki has always had a deal with the presidency

quote author=Sleevia post=94124541]From all indications, Obaseki has won this election but two things stood out unexpectedly

1. It was generally peaceful

2. There was zero federal might influence.

What do you think is the reason behind this?

I would hazard a guess and I am open to correction.

A: The U.S visa ban restricted federal influence, which Oshiomole, Ganduje and Tinubu were banking on. I was on twitter when I read that order has been given that there should be no interference in the election. This was why, after votes at the PU were done, all security agents, from Army to Police and others LEFT.

B. The Oba of Benin meeting. Before the election, Oba invited both contestants for a meeting where he specifically warned against violence in whatever form. I often read from outsiders that Oba of Benin is just like any oba out there but what majority do not know is the weight the Oba of Benin carries among his people and this election further proved that.

Since the APC took power, this is the most peaceful election we have had...

The question is WHY?

Please join the discussion and I would like to learn from other persons and correct me where you feel I am wrong.[/quote]
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by akure1stson: 6:37pm On Sep 20, 2020
marv1:
You people just like to make trouble out if nothing.
Was the election in Bayesa not free and fair and won by APC.
You should know you can expect same result with ekiti election .
So stop saying it's because Edo no be Lagos stuff.

Is it today election has been won without tinubu verdit.
In ondo state aketi won first term without tinubu surport and that was why tinubu did not come for his rally so stop treating tinubu as a demi god in western politics.

especially that Lagoon Oba of lagos
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by kayjay69(m): 6:39pm On Sep 20, 2020
I think it goes without saying really, if these foreign countries want to help us (though I know to help us is not in their thinking), they can do two things for us

1) ban any Nigerian politician complicit with fraud and corruption even whilst rejecting their ill-gotten wealth (this one go hard),

2) this travel ban and in addition placing them on some sort of blacklist or criminal list.

But then, I know I am dreaming.
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 20, 2020
Mikelarteta:
I am a yoruba, but I sincerely respect the people of Edo state cos they don’t play with their traditional rulers unlike the way our politicians have turned yoruba Oba’s to yahoo yahoo Oba’s,imagine Tinubu the other day greeting Oni of Ife while sitting down.spits.

Its not Tinubus fault, its your Obas who value money over traditional integrity and respect.

The bullion man cannot try that with the Oba of Benin.
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by TinubuGoQuench(f): 6:43pm On Sep 20, 2020
Edo nor be Lagos!

Yellowbar miscreants!!!

Cc: bighead9, simplyleo, simplyseyi, solmus

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by Akolawole(m): 6:43pm On Sep 20, 2020
Visa bans don't move Strong politicians.

Do they live in America? No

What is the yardstick in banning someone? Who have they ban in Kogi elections? Will we see a Yaya Bello holding AJ47 on the road on election day? No

The foot soldiers who caused violence on election day don't know the way to airport? Neither are they interested in going.

Oba of Benin did well so is President Buhari(who is not OBJ or GEJ).
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by TinubuGoQuench(f): 6:45pm On Sep 20, 2020
Hahahahaha today na today!
Una go hear am because una need koboko for una back!

Cc: solmus, simplyleo, simplyseyi, bighead9

1 Like

Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by ZeroAccess: 6:48pm On Sep 20, 2020
drlateef:

In what context are you saying it. In terms of fund of igr and also debt. Common Lagos can do better if not for godfaherism.
You kwn that

But Lagos is far better than Edo on infrastructure and leadership. So what do you prefer for responsive leadership, Edo or Lagos?
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by Atouke: 6:49pm On Sep 20, 2020
4Play:

There is a possibility of all that but it can be challenged in UK or US courts. I think politicians will keep rigging but in a less brazen fashion. If they don't rig, many will be powerless and risk facing the wrath of our legal system. Faced with such a choice, some will keep rigging in the same way Mugabe continued despite western sanctions.

How many politicians has been successfully prosecuted in Any Nigerian court for Election Malpractice? please thank the international community especially the US who know how to reign in the excesses of our politicians by letting them know that their visas and that of their families is henceforth threatened by their political actions.

they can go to courts in US, EU UK etc to challenge their verdict, But who will grant them visa to near the courts in those countries!!!! LOL
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by Juanmike(m): 6:55pm On Sep 20, 2020
BLAISECAMPAORE:
Ordinary visa ban is too trivial to stop a desperate Nigerian politician from grabbing power & getting his hands in the public treasury.
Is the US the only country on earth?

God bless President Buhari for giving us the freest, fairest, most peaceful & transparent election since return to democracy.

Congratulations to Obaseki & the PDP.

Truly Edo is not Lagos.
asshole
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by executive12: 6:59pm On Sep 20, 2020
BLAISECAMPAORE:
Ordinary visa ban is too trivial to stop a desperate Nigerian politician from grabbing power & getting his hands in the public treasury.

God bless President Buhari for giving us the freest, fairest, most peaceful & transparent election since return to democracy.

Truly Edo is not Lagos.

Are you alright at all? Still supporting the worst President Nigeria have had so far.
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by vineyardfarms: 7:00pm On Sep 20, 2020
The USA and UK VISA ban policy play a large roll. The tugs put into consideration their health, investments, wards etc and the might and fear of President Trump
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by backbone503(m): 7:07pm On Sep 20, 2020
ecolime:
Take it or leave it, the zero Federal influence is simply to humiliate and demystify both Tinubu and Oshiomole.

Buhari is damn happy at the moment.

BTW, Congrats to the good people of Edo state. You all made it possible.

True. But this will seriously weaken and affect the party ahead of 2023. As it stands now, PDP has totally captured SS and all but one state in SE. Come 2023, they'll simply drag votes with APC in the north, same thing Shuaibu did with Oshomole in their LGA.

Buhari has really really weakened APC. The guy isn't a party man. If PDP presents a northern Presidential candidate (which I'm sure that's what they'll do), when APC will be seriously defeated.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by Moganajoe: 7:10pm On Sep 20, 2020
Maxymilliano:
Majorly, the fear of Visa ban is the beginning of free and fair elections.

The above mentioned factors could be the reasons but.....

Edo elections in the last 8-10years has been conducted without the influence of Abuja.

I think Edo is a unique state.
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by BLAISECAMPAORE: 7:19pm On Sep 20, 2020
Realtalk20:
[s][/s]

I am very foolish and an illiterate.. in future I will be so.ashamed Iwrote this nonsense

If at my age I don't know how to speak with sanity then I am sure I am trully stupid

I agree with you.
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by King44(m): 7:21pm On Sep 20, 2020
This kwarupt Buhari wants to restore free and fair election just as he met it before he took over. Buhari you can't use this to make name for yourself your second tenure was rigged so let it continue so that you would have more feathers of calamities in your cap

Akerdolu you are next

If not for his selfishness, corrupt and I don't care attitude he would have been a better governor. The only thing that would make him win is rigging if there is no rigging he is done for good.

The true fight is between Agboola and Jegede in Ondo state.
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by dollytino4real(f): 7:21pm On Sep 20, 2020
fear of visa ban was the bone that hooked their throat
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by SocialJustice: 7:22pm On Sep 20, 2020
100% visa ban.
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by dewuyiebun: 7:28pm On Sep 20, 2020
With all these ban peace be still in Nigeria..and they said trump is not good,this people knows what they might loose if they disobey.... USA surely knows how to make use of their whip.... whipped their ASS
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by mechanics(m): 7:28pm On Sep 20, 2020
The prayer of the righteous and also the president kept to his promise of a free and fair election.
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by stevesawo: 7:33pm On Sep 20, 2020
Realtalk20:
[s][/s]

You are very foolish and an illiterate.. in future you will be so.ashamed you wrote this nonsense

If at your age you don't know how severe a visa ban is then I am sure you are trully stupid

That someone did not agree with you does warrant you abusing him. He just said his opinion
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by dokie: 7:33pm On Sep 20, 2020
ecolime:
Take it or leave it, the zero Federal influence is simply to humiliate and demystify both Tinubu and Oshiomole.

Buhari is damn happy at the moment.

BTW, Congrats to the good people of Edo state. You all made it possible.

Very simply.
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by Minjim: 7:34pm On Sep 20, 2020
Visa ban or no visa ban, Obasanjo can never allow this to happen under his wtach

Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by AnanseK(m): 7:36pm On Sep 20, 2020
BLAISECAMPAORE:
Truly Edo is not Lagos.

God bless you too. What you said is the absolute truth. The wailers would rarther die than give any credit to Buhari for anything at all.

But they would quickly blame the same Buhari if they cannot impregnate their wives or their team Arsenal loses to Manchester United or their favorite housemate Tricky Tee is evicted from Big Brother Nigeria House.

1 Like

Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by Tribalism123(m): 7:42pm On Sep 20, 2020
WIKE WAS THE FEDERAL MIGHT
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by garfield1: 7:44pm On Sep 20, 2020
zachur:
this is madness at the bolded. since we returned to democracy? PMB and his cabals can't suck blood over Edo state election because the land was never for APC whether dey interfere or not even with all their vote buying strategy like a friend tipped me about they still lost. if bubu was a free and fair man, why would he rig election against Atiku.

the only president that can assume that tittle for now in Nigeria still remain... G.J.

Who told you buhari rigged atiku
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by garfield1: 7:44pm On Sep 20, 2020
Babaken:
The visa ban is among but I think buhari want to shame Oshiomole just to put an end to his political power show off.

To what end
Re: Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? by nyerovwo04: 7:44pm On Sep 20, 2020
I can say this because i was at isno hotel in benin as at on Thursday n friday with many tv stations crew n different police squad that stayed in dsame isno hotel all tru my stay in benin on Thursday to friday morning bfor i left for okada i can say that police shocked me...all corners of edo u can see police van on standby but were not stoping or asking anything .jus showing dia presence n d election is comin out like dis i m impressed.but we most note that alot of pipo did not even border abt the process they gave up on elections in nigeria already

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu: Buhari Encircled And Trapped In His Yokohama Hotel Hideout / Toyin Saraki, Wife Of The Senate President, Bukola Saraki (photos) / Prayers At Shekarau's House To Destroy Buhari's Government (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.