Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,920 members, 7,835,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election (45753 Views)

Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second / Tony Momoh: I Won’t Be Shocked If Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election / Beloved Anieze: Lady Draws Atiku 2019, Atiku Reacts (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 20, 2020
clevvermind:
Congratulations to Edo people congratulations Obaseki . Imagine oshiomole called someone a thief in 2016 and yet you brought that thief to come and contest in 2020 masquerading, kneeling down and trying to deceive the people. To Obaseki kindly repay the people's faith in you by performing even more than your first tenure.
Does Atiku, Jonathan know you or your people exist?

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by sammy7410(m): 4:17pm On Sep 20, 2020
See dis men oooo

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by zoedew: 4:22pm On Sep 20, 2020
DebbieBianca:
The former Peoples Democratic Party presidential candidates Atiku has congratulated Governor Obaseki on his victory, says The End of Godfatherism Has Come in Nigeria.

In his series of tweets, he wrote;

https://mobile.twitter.com/atiku/status/1307677236309491712
True, your end has come!
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by JohnOkolo: 4:23pm On Sep 20, 2020
WhizdomXX:

Support Candidates not Party, the two main parties have no ideological stance or policy blueprint, they're both the same vessels containing different liquids.
In summary, they're both failed parties.

NIGERIA MUST BE GREAT AGAIN. God bless us.

Until you understand we run a Party System of Politics you will be a Political Flirt just like most of our politicians and remember all those Bigwigs Politicians have lost all Value cause they move from one party to the other without discretion and reasoning.

I have been a Supporter of APC right from when we had only Lagos and Never moved to another Party even if I never registered as a party member from day one.

The party is bigger than any individual since you must contest from a Political party platform and any Politician must play along with the party he is using their platform.

And PDP is a party of impunity and anyone associated with the party bears the stains.

Imagine Nyesom Wike that is the Governor of a failed project called Rivers giving you sound advice. That Man acts so uncultured. Everything PDP most be abolished because it's a party of impunity. We witnessed it is just Humans are built to forget so quickly.
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:24pm On Sep 20, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:
I'll NEVER insult Tinubu no matter what, in front of his crooks. We all know their agenda

AsiwajuNdigbo writes..

People that call Ambode coward today were the same people that supported and hailed El Rufai when he said he knows how to remove godfather in Lagos. But when Rufai recently opened his cancerous mouth to say 2023 will go to SW these people blasted him and called him all names.
Their true enemy is Tinubu. Any that refuses to oppose Tinubu is in their black book. Anyone that blasts Tinubu is in their good book.
I look all around Nigeria, my people are in every state. Igbo has been in Northern Nigeria much much earlier before we knew Western Nigeria. Yet there has not been any single record of an Igbo man being elected into political office or even nominated into a cabinet in North. In Lagos on the other hand we have continued to enjoy the benefits of democracy under same Tinubu, and our losses in some areas is result of our own irresponsibility and not because the system or Lagos godfather hates us.
If godfatherism in Lagos has benefited us in the most wealthy and most economically advanced state in West Africa, doesnt it make sense to support what advances our entrepreneurship and political ascent? I was born in Lagos and in the Igbo circle in Lagos, there are people who are fed up and disgusted with our style of political culture. I support them and im in that mold myself.
There is no president of Nigeria who has been as democratic and favorable to Igbo as Obasanjo did. Obasanjo is a godfather. Obasanjo made people like NOI, Soludo, Ihejirika, Ekwezisili and many more. Yet we are the loudest anti-godfatherism.
Even in North, where we have never gained any political benefit but have suffered the greatest social and cultural calamity, nobody even becomes a commissioner without godfatherism. My people love Kwankwaso but forget the man is a godfather. We love Atiku but forget Atiku is a godfather.
So my brother, those hating on Ambode are venting that he failed to fight against Tinubu when he had the chance. Obasanjo fought Tinubu, yet we still hate Obasanjo. The same Obaseki we are hailing, he went to Lagos to seek godfather support. He didnt get it. Akeredolu in Ondo, our inlaw, he fought Tinubu to become governor but has returned to Tinubu and godfather to seek reelection.
No Igboman living can swear on his chi and claim godfatherism in Yoruba people, particularly Obasanjo and Tinubu has not earned us advancement in Yprubaland and in Nigeria generally.
I want my people to know that the example of our progress and inclusion in Lagos and Yorubaland is a model that the Hausa/Fulani has copied and used to integrate our brothers in North. When was last time we hear of riot against Igbo in North? They have seen how our inclusion in Yorubaland pays off economically and they are modelling that to improve their local economy as well.
Godfatherism helps Igbo business and politics. My people should open their eyes and learn. Let Edo carry their load and fight Tinubu themselves. Edo no be Lagos no concern us. Lagos na our bread and butter, we must not ruin it. End to godfatherism will destroy business for us, let us condemn those that oppose godfatherism in Lagos.
Our leaders in Lagos have seen the light and theyve been drumming the beat, if you cant beat Tinubu in Lagos, join Tinubu to bring dividends of godfatherism to Igbo commerce and politics.
Share this.

Such nonsense.
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Anambra1stS0n: 4:28pm On Sep 20, 2020
[s]
ThatFairGuy1:
I'll NEVER insult Tinubu no matter what, in front of his crooks. We all know their agenda

AsiwajuNdigbo writes..

People that call Ambode coward today were the same people that supported and hailed El Rufai when he said he knows how to remove godfather in Lagos. But when Rufai recently opened his cancerous mouth to say 2023 will go to SW these people blasted him and called him all names.
Their true enemy is Tinubu. Any that refuses to oppose Tinubu is in their black book. Anyone that blasts Tinubu is in their good book.
I look all around Nigeria, my people are in every state. Igbo has been in Northern Nigeria much much earlier before we knew Western Nigeria. Yet there has not been any single record of an Igbo man being elected into political office or even nominated into a cabinet in North. In Lagos on the other hand we have continued to enjoy the benefits of democracy under same Tinubu, and our losses in some areas is result of our own irresponsibility and not because the system or Lagos godfather hates us.
If godfatherism in Lagos has benefited us in the most wealthy and most economically advanced state in West Africa, doesnt it make sense to support what advances our entrepreneurship and political ascent? I was born in Lagos and in the Igbo circle in Lagos, there are people who are fed up and disgusted with our style of political culture. I support them and im in that mold myself.
There is no president of Nigeria who has been as democratic and favorable to Igbo as Obasanjo did. Obasanjo is a godfather. Obasanjo made people like NOI, Soludo, Ihejirika, Ekwezisili and many more. Yet we are the loudest anti-godfatherism.
Even in North, where we have never gained any political benefit but have suffered the greatest social and cultural calamity, nobody even becomes a commissioner without godfatherism. My people love Kwankwaso but forget the man is a godfather. We love Atiku but forget Atiku is a godfather.
So my brother, those hating on Ambode are venting that he failed to fight against Tinubu when he had the chance. Obasanjo fought Tinubu, yet we still hate Obasanjo. The same Obaseki we are hailing, he went to Lagos to seek godfather support. He didnt get it. Akeredolu in Ondo, our inlaw, he fought Tinubu to become governor but has returned to Tinubu and godfather to seek reelection.
No Igboman living can swear on his chi and claim godfatherism in Yoruba people, particularly Obasanjo and Tinubu has not earned us advancement in Yprubaland and in Nigeria generally.
I want my people to know that the example of our progress and inclusion in Lagos and Yorubaland is a model that the Hausa/Fulani has copied and used to integrate our brothers in North. When was last time we hear of riot against Igbo in North? They have seen how our inclusion in Yorubaland pays off economically and they are modelling that to improve their local economy as well.
Godfatherism helps Igbo business and politics. My people should open their eyes and learn. Let Edo carry their load and fight Tinubu themselves. Edo no be Lagos no concern us. Lagos na our bread and butter, we must not ruin it. End to godfatherism will destroy business for us, let us condemn those that oppose godfatherism in Lagos.
Our leaders in Lagos have seen the light and theyve been drumming the beat, if you cant beat Tinubu in Lagos, join Tinubu to bring dividends of godfatherism to Igbo commerce and politics.
Share this.
[/s]
Dumbo El Rufai never said power is going back to Southwest, he said south, Ihejirika was Chief of Army staff under Jonathan not Obasanjo always get your facts right, Igbo control commerce in Nigeria not just Lagos state, I can see this Edo election outcome pain you, please not anybody against Tinubu is Igbo, Edo people voted against APC I wonder how you involved Igbos in this, any thing against your tribe you dumb skulls will drag Igbos to your palava

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by ThatFairGuy1: 4:35pm On Sep 20, 2020
post=94128977:
[s][/s]
Dumbo El Rufai never said power is going back to Southwest, he said south, Ihejirika was Chief of Army staff under Jonathan not Obasanjo always get your facts right, Igbo control commerce in Nigeria not just Lagos state, I can see this Edo election outcome pain you, please not anybody against Tinubu is Igbo, Edo people voted against APC I wonder how you involved Igbos in this, any thing against your tribe you dumb skulls will drag Igbos to your palava
No hiding place for you Hypocrites, we know your intentions from inception.

Besides, Igbos are the only one against Tinubu and we know the rationale behind the hatred. We won't hand him over to you to disgrace.
Moreso, learn to respond without calling names. You're becoming uncouth
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by omoharry(f): 4:36pm On Sep 20, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

AsiwajuNdigbo writes..

Share this.
Exactly the way someone with a slave mentality would think .They will throw crumps at you and you call it Gold..They manage to buy you into politics so as to win over your tribe men for election and you call it previlegde ... you don't know that politics is all about interest . You cannot see beyond your nose and you think the lives of Lagos start and end with one Man that have cornered public properties to himself alone . He gives you crumps of bread and collect billions from you , yet you sing his praises .

In the land of the blind, A Tinubu is king as a one eyed man . You have a slaved mentally and you need to see another side of leadership and development devoid of a Tinubu for you to know that Lagos can do better than the disorganized ,smelling & dirty city that it is known for.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Indispensable85(m): 4:36pm On Sep 20, 2020
nelmc:

I freaking swear!

I know they'll not listen just as Oshiomhole did not. I'm already hearing that they're preparing Atiku for 2023.
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by blowjohn(m): 4:41pm On Sep 20, 2020
Officialgarri:
Although I really wanted APC to take the trophy again, but this is the beauty of democracy. I'm not from Edo and the people of Edo who actually knows where the shoe pinches have used the might of democracy to choose whom they want.

This is no cause for bad blood, hatred, Wailing, blackmail, negative news et al , especially when it's the people that will end up suffering every bad policies made.

Congratulations Governor Obaseki. And we wish you a successful 4 years that will benefit the people of Edo state 100%.

Me too. Obaseki should work hard from now on.
I don't want to hear he is MOU governor again.
He should do and outdo what oshiomole achieved in his first tenure.
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Brushstrokes20: 4:42pm On Sep 20, 2020
Awesome!
Let's replace the centre come 2023..
I'm no fan of apc/pdp though
Enough of nonsense
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by GallantDuke(m): 4:45pm On Sep 20, 2020
ArmedRobber:
But you made it to look as if the whole north central is being controlled by the APC
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Qoko: 4:46pm On Sep 20, 2020
IgbalodeRaymond:
my president has spoken
Are you okay or your foolishness has been upgraded? when we had brilliant Nigerians of 50 years downwards. no let ogun ki you
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by femlad97(m): 4:50pm On Sep 20, 2020
bird of the same feather..... stupid atiku don't try Comot 4 presidential election ooo...... no b una PDP first start am.... ode
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Yebosola(m): 4:51pm On Sep 20, 2020
PDPGuy:

Would the northern elements in PDP support a SE man for president in 2023?

grin grin grin Ask them oh
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Qoko: 4:53pm On Sep 20, 2020
[color=#990000][/color]
We are patiently waiting for Atiku's funds to be shared for next Presidential election cheesy cheesy
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by femlad97(m): 4:54pm On Sep 20, 2020
zoedew:
True, your end has come!
shine ur eye bro all of them are one
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by femlad97(m): 5:00pm On Sep 20, 2020
MINORU:
Big shame to the yourbas cowards and their slave masters

Shame

Edo is not lagos
ogun kill you there.... tell me what obeseki or oshiomole or iyamu has done to edo which make edo better than Lagos...... last time I past through edo I see edo is till living in last century....how are you coping there in Edo....suffering heads
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by ArmedRobber: 5:03pm On Sep 20, 2020
GallantDuke:

But you made it to look as if the whole north central is being controlled by the APC
5 rather plus fct Abuja.
Out of 6 states in north central apc has 5, only benue is the pdp state in north central
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by GallantDuke(m): 5:04pm On Sep 20, 2020
ArmedRobber:
5 rather plus fct Abuja.
Out of 6 states in north central apc has 5 only benue is the pdp state in north central
What of Taraba state?
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by ArmedRobber: 5:05pm On Sep 20, 2020
GallantDuke:

What of Taraba state?
taraba is north east region
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by kennykg(m): 5:10pm On Sep 20, 2020
Same goes for recycled leaders
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by GallantDuke(m): 5:11pm On Sep 20, 2020
ArmedRobber:
taraba is north east region
Yeah it is true
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Yusman316(m): 5:23pm On Sep 20, 2020
Nigerians and their love for self deceit is like Siamese twins. Just one election and everybody is screaming godfatherism is dead. After this result the godfathers will simply go and strategize better
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Orpe7(m): 5:32pm On Sep 20, 2020
Can the same be said about Adamawa
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by salam8528: 5:35pm On Sep 20, 2020
Pot Calling kettle black
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by originalprof: 5:36pm On Sep 20, 2020
seniormallam:

how could you forgot mr supreme governor

but no think am, its Shaibu against osho baba, obaseki no get the liver, shaibu is rooted in politics since school days
Supreme court Governor chaiii
oshi baba is buried
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by itoba4real(m): 5:56pm On Sep 20, 2020
Legalcriminal:
Issoright...
Congratulations to him but i don’t trust any of these politicians.
Hope after shouting togba you won’t come here to blame him for not paying Workers or abandon project in few times now.

APCvsPDP = Failure
[CPC]BABA PLUS ACN[TINUBU]=NEPOTISM AND HARDSHIP
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by pquaver(m): 6:17pm On Sep 20, 2020
SmartProf:
Yes o...abeg let's observe a one minute silence for the so called expired godfathers. Obaseki has shown braveness in dealing with godfathers. Ambode no even qualify as apprentice to Obaseki cause him no get iron balls, na cheese balls him get. Infact Obaseki, Shaibu, Wike & the Edo people use these godfathers clean nyash. Right now the so called godfathers dey like almajiris. PDP scattered this APC virus for Edo like crackers buscuit. Edo no be Lagos at any level.
so the Buhari you guys were accusing since before the election does not even come in for a praise for a free and fair election right? If he didn't want free and fair pls what will or can all this people your are praising now achieve?
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by nobone(f): 6:29pm On Sep 20, 2020
Now that Obaseki has won.........

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Deji Adeyanju Drags Kenechukwu Okeke Before Disciplinary Panel / Tension In Bayelsa As Patience Jonathan Plans To Hijack APC, PDP / Kyari's Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos By Kperogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.