Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,622 members, 7,820,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Nigerians React To Obaseki’s Re-election As Edo Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians React To Obaseki’s Re-election As Edo Governor (777 Views)

I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election / Edo Residents Dance To Celebrate Obaseki’s Re-Election (Video) / Ize-Iyamu’s Family Backs Obaseki’s Re-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians React To Obaseki’s Re-election As Edo Governor by dimejiamuda: 9:26pm On Sep 20, 2020
Nigerians have continued to react to the just concluded governorship election in Edo State, as the cyberspace was filled with varying analysis on why the result of the election came the way it did.

Nigeria’s election umpire, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), on Sunday declared Edo State governor, Godwin Obaseki re-elected.

INEC said Obaseki of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) scored 307, 955 votes to defeat Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu of the All Progressives Congress (APC) who polled 223, 619 votes.

Reacting to the result, US-based Nigerian academic, Farooq Kperogi, said in a comment on Facebook that Obaseki’s victory may be deserved but was not intended to be realized by the federal government.

Farooq Kperogi, Nigerians React, Obaseki’s Re-Election, Edo Governor, Audu Bulama Bukarti, Usman Umar Fari
Kperogi
He wrote: “Godwin Obaseki’s humiliating trouncing of Adams Oshiomhole (who infamously said for democracy to thrive people must learn to accept the “pain of rigging”) isn’t just a victory over Ize-Iyamu, Oshiomhole’s wide-eyed flunkey; it is also a repudiation of Bola Tinubu who recorded an impudent, cringy, error-ridden broadcast days ago urging the people of Edo State to vote for another slavish stooge he was propping up in cahoots with Oshiomhole.”

Kperogi also insinuated that the US and UK’s threat of further visa ban on election manipulators may have put Nigerian officials on hold, forcing them to respect the popular decision of the people in Edo State.

He wrote that “it’s a victory for the power of international pressures on Nigeria’s election riggers. The single most important reason the election wasn’t manipulated was that the US State Department announced a visa ban on APC riggers in previous elections and threatened to impose another ban on future election riggers. The UK and the EU also threatened visa bans on election riggers.

“I observed in previous ......

Read more:
https://nigeriansketch.com/nigerians-react-to-obasekis-re-election-as-edo-governor/

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Obaseki’s Re-election As Edo Governor by Uwadimfe: 9:29pm On Sep 20, 2020
Agbalu aka na azo ana
Onye-ji ji ga na akonye grin
While PDP was strategizing, APC were busy hyping their campaign and banking on un-existent federal might ( Buhari have shocked them.
Maybe the remote control no reach Edo grin

I just don't know why I'm so happy about this election result.
The way APC sympatisers were making noise online, fear catch me sef
Ndi oso chi egbu
They have finished Ize, the son of Iyamu grin

Anyone the Igbo supports ..... Blah blah blah
How market Simplyleo?
Edo aburo legosu bikonu grin
Body dey sweet me
We're coming for Ondo
Eyitayo Jegede Nwachimereze grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To Obaseki’s Re-election As Edo Governor by ElexObi1: 9:36pm On Sep 20, 2020
No election in Nigeria got me jubilating like this Edo election. Nigerians are happy

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Obaseki’s Re-election As Edo Governor by yuhsa: 9:42pm On Sep 20, 2020
cool
Re: Nigerians React To Obaseki’s Re-election As Edo Governor by Racoon(m): 10:36pm On Sep 20, 2020
Edo-no-be-Lagos, next will be Ondo-no-be-Lagos, Nigeria-no-be-Lagos.Edo people una don set record.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Obaseki’s Re-election As Edo Governor by FARA4GA: 11:29pm On Sep 20, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0whymwbO1TU

Chai.......so all this victory dance wey Oshomole practice that year was all in vain...... This life no balance ooooo

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Obaseki’s Re-election As Edo Governor by yarimo(m): 12:17am On Sep 21, 2020
I commend President BUHARI for making sure free and fair election is conducted in edo state

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Obaseki’s Re-election As Edo Governor by slivertongue: 1:23am On Sep 21, 2020
Obaseki’s victory may be deserved but was not intended to be realized by the federal government.
Re: Nigerians React To Obaseki’s Re-election As Edo Governor by slivertongue: 1:25am On Sep 21, 2020
: “Godwin Obaseki’s humiliating trouncing of Adams Oshiomhole (who infamously said for democracy to thrive people must learn to accept the “pain of rigging”) isn’t just a victory over Ize-Iyamu, Oshiomhole’s wide-eyed flunkey; it is also a repudiation of Bola Tinubu who recorded an impudent, cringy, error-ridden broadcast days ago urging the people of Edo State to vote for another slavish stooge he was propping up in cahoots with Oshiomhole.”

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Obaseki’s Re-election As Edo Governor by slivertongue: 1:27am On Sep 21, 2020
“it’s a victory for the power of international pressures on Nigeria’s election riggers. The single most important reason the election wasn’t manipulated was that the US State Department announced a visa ban on APC riggers in previous elections and threatened to impose another ban on future election riggers. The UK and the EU also threatened visa bans on election riggers.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Obaseki’s Re-election As Edo Governor by freeborn02: 1:32am On Sep 21, 2020
Uwadimfe:
Agbalu aka na azo ana
Onye-ji ji ga na akonye grin
While PDP was strategizing, APC were busy hyping their campaign and banking on un-existent federal might ( Buhari have shocked them.
Maybe the remote control no reach Edo grin

I just don't know why I'm so happy about this election result.
The way APC sympatisers were making noise online, fear catch me sef
Ndi oso chi egbu
They have finished Ize, the son of Iyamu grin

Anyone the Igbo supports ..... Blah blah blah
How market Simplyleo?
Edo aburo legosu bikonu grin
Body dey sweet me
We're coming for Ondo
Eyitayo Jegede Nwachimereze grin

Simplyleo behaves like a failure that has zero regards for his future or their of his children. The only thing he can do is to hide behind the wrappers of mods.

Simplyleo, if you want me to pour curses on you as usual, let us meet where no mod can protect you, you out and out hypocrite

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Obaseki’s Re-election As Edo Governor by ursullalinda(f): 2:16am On Sep 21, 2020
ElexObi1:
No election in Nigeria got me jubilating like this Edo election. Nigerians are happy

As in eh......I was so happy like I won lottery........May be because I saw the Edolites vote count........or the end of godfatherism.......abi the end of agberos like Kabaka acting like lord.......I was happy and over excitement causes sleeplessness for me......see me na reading news by past 2.......I'm still happy sha

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Obaseki’s Re-election As Edo Governor by alexpumpin: 8:45am On Sep 21, 2020
Pls tell MODERATOR that banned me for saying the truth about negative happenings in NIGERIA...

" Edo no be Lagos "

(1) (Reply)

Obaseki Free To Return To APC If… —Wike / If Only Buhari Is Still Alive / BREAKING: Sporadic Gunshots In Akure As APC, PDP Political Thugs Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.