Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,754 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

#EdoNoBeLagos, Ambode, Tinubu, Wike, Oshiomhole Trended During #EdoDecides2020 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #EdoNoBeLagos, Ambode, Tinubu, Wike, Oshiomhole Trended During #EdoDecides2020 (38301 Views)

Ambode: Tinubu And Fashola Owe $1.43bn Foreign Debt Not Me / Ambode: Tinubu Burst Into Tears At Meeting With Buhari & APC Governors- Guardian / Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #EdoNoBeLagos, Ambode, Tinubu, Wike, Oshiomhole Trended During #EdoDecides2020 by EyezofGod120: 8:04am On Sep 21, 2020
But where is slawomir d damn niggaarr na,make he come do give away for his supporter jor

1 Like

Re: #EdoNoBeLagos, Ambode, Tinubu, Wike, Oshiomhole Trended During #EdoDecides2020 by Tastemoney(m): 8:05am On Sep 21, 2020
t
Re: #EdoNoBeLagos, Ambode, Tinubu, Wike, Oshiomhole Trended During #EdoDecides2020 by Mediquip: 8:08am On Sep 21, 2020
YOU SEE PEOPLE WHO CAN HAVE DECENT LIFE IN THEIR VARIOUS STATES JUST WANT TO LIVE IN LAGOS AND SUFFER..
GOVERNMENT DONT EVEN KNOW THEM , AND GOVERMENT OF LAGOS HAVE BEEN USELESS, BUT ITS IS TOUT WHO DECIDE FOR THEM.
UPON ALL THE MONEY LAGOS IS GETTING, IS IT DEVELOPED? COMPANIES AND PRIVATE SECTOR ARE THE ONE DOING LITTLE THINGS..
Re: #EdoNoBeLagos, Ambode, Tinubu, Wike, Oshiomhole Trended During #EdoDecides2020 by oneeast3: 8:09am On Sep 21, 2020
Ambo fall hand heavily

1 Like

Re: #EdoNoBeLagos, Ambode, Tinubu, Wike, Oshiomhole Trended During #EdoDecides2020 by hecomeshome(m): 8:10am On Sep 21, 2020
Even jagaban sef has subscribed to d cliché that "Edo nor be Lagos".

Re: #EdoNoBeLagos, Ambode, Tinubu, Wike, Oshiomhole Trended During #EdoDecides2020 by YoungAncient1: 8:11am On Sep 21, 2020
Lagos is an offspring of bini kingdom so Edo no fit fall like lagos did

1 Like

Re: #EdoNoBeLagos, Ambode, Tinubu, Wike, Oshiomhole Trended During #EdoDecides2020 by jericco1(m): 8:12am On Sep 21, 2020
Next is ondo state
Re: #EdoNoBeLagos, Ambode, Tinubu, Wike, Oshiomhole Trended During #EdoDecides2020 by SmartPolician: 8:12am On Sep 21, 2020
Jigetonx9:
cheesy Ondo is next stop

Although Info is an APC state, I don't think Jagaban controls Aketi
Re: #EdoNoBeLagos, Ambode, Tinubu, Wike, Oshiomhole Trended During #EdoDecides2020 by Uncleodi(m): 8:14am On Sep 21, 2020
brainworkng:
I hope Obaseki too won't lord himself as a godfather after his second tenure tongue

He won't.

He is too informed to try that rubbish because he has seen how united the people can be.

Remember the story of Aninih and how he was humiliated just for Oshiomole to win, but it baffled me that Oshiomole didn't learn anything from history

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #EdoNoBeLagos, Ambode, Tinubu, Wike, Oshiomhole Trended During #EdoDecides2020 by Damian457: 8:14am On Sep 21, 2020
People truly belongs to the people.
Ondo state is next
Re: #EdoNoBeLagos, Ambode, Tinubu, Wike, Oshiomhole Trended During #EdoDecides2020 by surgical: 8:14am On Sep 21, 2020
sinistermind:
Nigerians should start waking up to the fact that our future as a country and choosing a leader doesn't lie in the hands of a political God father either in PDP or APC.

The "OTOGE" movement in Kwara against Saraki was a start and now the "EDO NO BE LAGOS" is also a success. We can do it in Nigeria. We can take back what is rightfully ours. Let Lagosians wake up.
yes they can neutralise the effect of MC oluomo on election out come
Re: #EdoNoBeLagos, Ambode, Tinubu, Wike, Oshiomhole Trended During #EdoDecides2020 by JB4life: 8:15am On Sep 21, 2020
Like #Sai Baba,
Like #O to gee,

Like #Edo no be Lagos....

A power slogan can truly change the narratives in political circles.

1 Like

Re: #EdoNoBeLagos, Ambode, Tinubu, Wike, Oshiomhole Trended During #EdoDecides2020 by SmartPolician: 8:17am On Sep 21, 2020
sinistermind:
Nigerians should start waking up to the fact that our future as a country and choosing a leader doesn't lie in the hands of a political God father either in PDP or APC.

The "OTOGE" movement in Kwara against Saraki was a start and now the "EDO NO BE LAGOS" is also a success. We can do it in Nigeria. We can take back what is rightfully ours. Let Lagosians wake up.

Lagos will be a bit difficult. Tinubu is a grassroots man with a cult-like following. All the touts in Lagos work for him. Funnily enough, the educated ones cry of excessive extortions without taking any action.

It's like a taboo to criticize Tinubu here...even the supereducated ones don't dare. Well, I think it has to do with the people's culture.

I thought that Femi Otedola would have the guts to challenge his reign when the PDP offered him a free guber ticket. I guess he consulted some people who advised him not to challenge Jagaban.

The best thing that will happen to Lagos is to end thuggery, touting and hooliganism. Ambode was close to achieving that with the massive rollout of state-owned minibuses before he was unceremoniously dismissed.

The day Tinubu will be uprooted in Lagos will mark the end of godfatherism in Nigeria's West.

4 Likes

Re: #EdoNoBeLagos, Ambode, Tinubu, Wike, Oshiomhole Trended During #EdoDecides2020 by TinubuGoQuench(f): 8:18am On Sep 21, 2020
nzeobi:
Some lagos peeps over rated tinubu, I remember when a biased moderator on this forum said that tinubu will take over the political leadership vaccum in the south east.
Any way Edo no be lagos and oyo, ekiti, ogun and ondo too will not be lagos.

We all know who the biased moderator is!!!

VERY BIASED FELLOW.
Re: #EdoNoBeLagos, Ambode, Tinubu, Wike, Oshiomhole Trended During #EdoDecides2020 by mysteryman2014: 8:19am On Sep 21, 2020
Esseite:
This changes the direction of 2023.. with the tilting of SS to the opposition 100% and the ongoing mantra of different states not being Lagos, this is a silent protest which puts the APC SW in a corner quite difficult to get out off due to the biting economy and its unfriendly people policies, unless a very significant change is made..

The smartest play left for APC SW to garner it's lost goodwill would be to get Ambode back into the fold, he is the rejected cornerstone as his acceptance has cut across party lines, the belief out there is "Ambode refused to share money".. which indirecty makes sharing of monies the order of the day now.. if Ambode opts for opposition in 2023 with his excellent track record of accomplishment, he might aswell display an LED billboard of Lagos audit while joining heads with the sacked Alpha beta MD who has every detail.

With opposition practically holding down two southern regions coupled with a disgruntled middlebelt, a Godfathered change pushing SW and a handicapped North alledgely not eligible to produce the president, it would be very lame to say the opposition wont pull its weight.

Pray pls what Ambode accomplishment in Lagos?

A governor that trampled on all. The church was not left out. Tinubu knows when to self check. Recall he was intial against the 2nd term of RBF but the voice of the people was clear, the votes goes to where ever RBF moves.

Ambode was the architect of his own downfall, as a politician you don't alienate all interests to own detriment.

3 Likes

Re: #EdoNoBeLagos, Ambode, Tinubu, Wike, Oshiomhole Trended During #EdoDecides2020 by Omoslim26: 8:20am On Sep 21, 2020
JAMO84:
Edo can never be Lagos. A Rat can never be lion.

So who be rat who be Lion

1 Like

Re: #EdoNoBeLagos, Ambode, Tinubu, Wike, Oshiomhole Trended During #EdoDecides2020 by Realtalk20: 8:20am On Sep 21, 2020
mimilogistics:
Amidst the challenges, Nigerians are happy people smiley cool

A poverty eroded comment

1 Like

Re: #EdoNoBeLagos, Ambode, Tinubu, Wike, Oshiomhole Trended During #EdoDecides2020 by TinubuGoQuench(f): 8:20am On Sep 21, 2020
Tinubu big cone head should be wiped with koboko 600 times!!!

Cc: simplyleo
Seunsmg
Bighead9
Solmus
ThatFairGuy
Lipscomb
Simplyseyi

Ntooorrrr! cheesy

Re: #EdoNoBeLagos, Ambode, Tinubu, Wike, Oshiomhole Trended During #EdoDecides2020 by Think9ja(m): 8:20am On Sep 21, 2020
kiss
Re: #EdoNoBeLagos, Ambode, Tinubu, Wike, Oshiomhole Trended During #EdoDecides2020 by Proffdada: 8:21am On Sep 21, 2020
Ambode was a learner in the game
Re: #EdoNoBeLagos, Ambode, Tinubu, Wike, Oshiomhole Trended During #EdoDecides2020 by IYANGBALI: 8:21am On Sep 21, 2020
Copied and Pasted.
The Book of Edo chapter 1 vs 1 – 34.

1. Now, it came to pass, In that period when men chose their rulers, after the reign of Lucky the son of Igbenedion. A certain man arose from the mount of Auchi whose name was Adams the son of Osho.
2. It was he who was the chief of the publicans and a leader of labour. Later he had become Governor over all the province. And adams abode as governor for eight years in Edo.
3. Behold, During his reign, the man Adams had excelled in speech and utterred many fierce and lofty words.
4. And his oration was honey and wine to the hearts of the people.
5. He ruled the city with a mighty hand and prophesied with a loud voice unto the four walls of the cities; the North, the South, East and West, saying; 6. “Woe unto the godfathers and naysayers and oligarchists, to the men who have exalted themselves over this city as gods over men.7 “Again i say woe onto them. “For as the day wipeth out the night, I Adams the son of Osho, shall flush out their reigns, and seize their loincloth.8 “With a heavy rod shall i chase them out, and they shall run. I shall break their brass gates, and set their iron bars asunder. And it was so.
9. That at the end of the Eight year, wherefore Adams was to complete his reign, a man called Godwin the son of Obaseki had exalted himself saying ” I will be Governor.
10. At the same time, Iyamu the son of Ize had also exalted himself and said i will be Governor.
11.Adams had looked up the face of Obaseki and took his hand and kissed it and spake with a voice saying “Fear not, for i am with you, oh thy faithful servant, I shall bear you upon my wings, thy mouth shall speak good tidings, and in my stead thou shalt reign.
12.And it came to pass, that when the due season for contest came. Adams and Obaseki went together in one accord, to the outskirts of the cities to the tabernacles, to the villages, and to every field.
13. Lo, Adams had held his companions hand saying with a loud voice;“Oh cities of Edo hear ye my counsel, Oh land of my inheritance bear thy comrade’s witness, for this is the man whom thou shall vote for a faithful and just man!
14 “Begone from the man Iyamu for he is vain and double faced.
15.Cast not thy votes for him for his mouth is slack.
16 Ye! He has put on the loincloth of a saint but his heart is darker than widow’s ash.
17. Withdraw your firstborne sons, from him, for he dines in the devil’s cult.
18. Withdraw thy daughters, for he is a deformer!
19.And it came to pass that many people had hearkened unto the voice of Adams the son of Osho.
20 And on the day of reckoning more votes had been casted for Godwin than for Iyamu and he had been crowned governor to reign in Osho’s stead.
21 Behold, at about the second year of the reign of Godwin, and like a dream of the night, after the feast of the old year, the new governor and old governor saw discord together.
22 The new Governor had called upon the people saying.
” He wants Your gold and Silver and I said nay!!!. No man shall be god over this land, for this is the very cause ye fought for in your reign, and i say it shall stand.
23 And when it came to the ear of Adams the son of Osho what the new governor had done. He had cried with a loud voice..
24 “A traitor is on the throne!!. therefore shall my eyes not be allowed to behold the ungodly stand in judgement for long. 25.For yes! He has bitten the finger that fed him bread. And his rainment must be seized!. Another four years thou will not go!
26 And Godwin the son of obaseki had responded, “I shall go another.
27 On the fourth year on the month and on the day when A new adversary was to be chosen to travail with Obaseki. Iyamu had comeforth and said “here i am, i will go. And adams spake softly saying ” I am with you.
28 Now the people of the city had rent their clothes and thrown forth their voice in desolation saying to the Adams the son of Osho, who shall we go with?. 29 Whom shall we believe? For the Lord God is not the author of confusion, a man whom ye called a leper yesterday, how turneth he now an angel? And the one whom ye called a messiah the day before how turneth he now leper. 30 For dignity is not like the sun that comes and goeth. Or like the leopard spots, or like the stars, or the changing seasons. Dignity is like the word of the lord that endureth forever.
31 And it came to pass after these things, that election was held throughout the province of the ancient city on the nineteenth day in the month of September in the year of corona A.D in the reign of Oba Ewaure 11,
32 that the people of Edo decided that light should defeat darkness and godfatherism casted into the bottomless pit.
33 And, Lo The Lord blessed Godwin the son of Nogheghase, the son of Obaseki with more votes over his contenders from the plain of Bini to Esan and across river Ikpoba unto Owan, Etsako and unto Akoko Edo.
34 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of David, which saith, God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power belongeth unto God.

10 Likes

Re: #EdoNoBeLagos, Ambode, Tinubu, Wike, Oshiomhole Trended During #EdoDecides2020 by IJOBA2: 8:21am On Sep 21, 2020
BUT WHERE IS CLEVERLY AKA NGENEUKWUENU AKA CILICMARIN AKA FREEGIFT AKA FREEGLOBE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #EdoNoBeLagos, Ambode, Tinubu, Wike, Oshiomhole Trended During #EdoDecides2020 by Aquilinae: 8:22am On Sep 21, 2020
Ogaga87:
Ambode case nor pain me because of what he did to the man of God by evicting him from the chapel in government house.. He fell out of grace and Tinubu was the whip... God bless Edo people for their message to the foolish ones in Nigeria who gave their destiny to one man to always decide..
Not only that, Ambode never really did anything in Lagos. He didn't follow the footsteps of his predecessor. Tinubu's interference was a blessing sort of.
Re: #EdoNoBeLagos, Ambode, Tinubu, Wike, Oshiomhole Trended During #EdoDecides2020 by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 21, 2020
Oshiomole can now "go and die"

1 Like

Re: #EdoNoBeLagos, Ambode, Tinubu, Wike, Oshiomhole Trended During #EdoDecides2020 by kokomilala(m): 8:23am On Sep 21, 2020
This unfortunate dynamic of history- the Jagaban, Osho Baba etc al- has been upended.And gradually, they're losing their tight grips on power.
Re: #EdoNoBeLagos, Ambode, Tinubu, Wike, Oshiomhole Trended During #EdoDecides2020 by freeborn02: 8:24am On Sep 21, 2020
Olamotad:
American Govt. played a huge role in that election. Any rigging from APC would have lead to visa ban for Tinubu and his cohorts. they didn't want to risk it. Truimp play a big role in that election

You seem to be the Only person that gets what's really happening.

It is a just a game. They leave this one unrigged to avoid the risk of visa ban.

That doesn't mean they won't rig some of the other future elections. They will just choose which one to rig that will not be suspicious.

1 Like

Re: #EdoNoBeLagos, Ambode, Tinubu, Wike, Oshiomhole Trended During #EdoDecides2020 by IJOBA2: 8:24am On Sep 21, 2020
IYANGBALI:
Copied and Pasted.
The Book of Edo chapter 1 vs 1 – 34.

1. Now, it came to pass, In that period when men chose their rulers, after the reign of Lucky the son of Igbenedion. A certain man arose from the mount of Auchi whose name was Adams the son of Osho.
2. It was he who was the chief of the publicans and a leader of labour. Later he had become Governor over all the province. And adams abode as governor for eight years in Edo.
3. Behold, During his reign, the man Adams had excelled in speech and utterred many fierce and lofty words.
4. And his oration was honey and wine to the hearts of the people.
5. He ruled the city with a mighty hand and prophesied with a loud voice unto the four walls of the cities; the North, the South, East and West, saying; 6. “Woe unto the godfathers and naysayers and oligarchists, to the men who have exalted themselves over this city as gods over men.7 “Again i say woe onto them. “For as the day wipeth out the night, I Adams the son of Osho, shall flush out their reigns, and seize their loincloth.8 “With a heavy rod shall i chase them out, and they shall run. I shall break their brass gates, and set their iron bars asunder. And it was so.
9. That at the end of the Eight year, wherefore Adams was to complete his reign, a man called Godwin the son of Obaseki had exalted himself saying ” I will be Governor.
10. At the same time, Iyamu the son of Ize had also exalted himself and said i will be Governor.
11.Adams had looked up the face of Obaseki and took his hand and kissed it and spake with a voice saying “Fear not, for i am with you, oh thy faithful servant, I shall bear you upon my wings, thy mouth shall speak good tidings, and in my stead thou shalt reign.
12.And it came to pass, that when the due season for contest came. Adams and Obaseki went together in one accord, to the outskirts of the cities to the tabernacles, to the villages, and to every field.
13. Lo, Adams had held his companions hand saying with a loud voice;“Oh cities of Edo hear ye my counsel, Oh land of my inheritance bear thy comrade’s witness, for this is the man whom thou shall vote for a faithful and just man!
14 “Begone from the man Iyamu for he is vain and double faced.
15.Cast not thy votes for him for his mouth is slack.
16 Ye! He has put on the loincloth of a saint but his heart is darker than widow’s ash.
17. Withdraw your firstborne sons, from him, for he dines in the devil’s cult.
18. Withdraw thy daughters, for he is a deformer!
19.And it came to pass that many people had hearkened unto the voice of Adams the son of Osho.
20 And on the day of reckoning more votes had been casted for Godwin than for Iyamu and he had been crowned governor to reign in Osho’s stead.
21 Behold, at about the second year of the reign of Godwin, and like a dream of the night, after the feast of the old year, the new governor and old governor saw discord together.
22 The new Governor had called upon the people saying.
” He wants Your gold and Silver and I said nay!!!. No man shall be god over this land, for this is the very cause ye fought for in your reign, and i say it shall stand.
23 And when it came to the ear of Adams the son of Osho what the new governor had done. He had cried with a loud voice..
24 “A traitor is on the throne!!. therefore shall my eyes not be allowed to behold the ungodly stand in judgement for long. 25.For yes! He has bitten the finger that fed him bread. And his rainment must be seized!. Another four years thou will not go!
26 And Godwin the son of obaseki had responded, “I shall go another.
27 On the fourth year on the month and on the day when A new adversary was to be chosen to travail with Obaseki. Iyamu had comeforth and said “here i am, i will go. And adams spake softly saying ” I am with you.
28 Now the people of the city had rent their clothes and thrown forth their voice in desolation saying to the Adams the son of Osho, who shall we go with?. 29 Whom shall we believe? For the Lord God is not the author of confusion, a man whom ye called a leper yesterday, how turneth he now an angel? And the one whom ye called a messiah the day before how turneth he now leper. 30 For dignity is not like the sun that comes and goeth. Or like the leopard spots, or like the stars, or the changing seasons. Dignity is like the word of the lord that endureth forever.
31 And it came to pass after these things, that election was held throughout the province of the ancient city on the nineteenth day in the month of September in the year of corona A.D in the reign of Oba Ewaure 11,
32 that the people of Edo decided that light should defeat darkness and godfatherism casted into the bottomless pit.
33 And, Lo The Lord blessed Godwin the son of Nogheghase, the son of Obaseki with more votes over his contenders from the plain of Bini to Esan and across river Ikpoba unto Owan, Etsako and unto Akoko Edo.
34 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of David, which saith, God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power belongeth unto God.
YOU ARE A GENIUS cool
Re: #EdoNoBeLagos, Ambode, Tinubu, Wike, Oshiomhole Trended During #EdoDecides2020 by Liposure: 8:24am On Sep 21, 2020
Edo no be lagos. Injustice to obaseki is injustice to all
Re: #EdoNoBeLagos, Ambode, Tinubu, Wike, Oshiomhole Trended During #EdoDecides2020 by mattmogan88: 8:25am On Sep 21, 2020
Happily SHAKING MY HEAD
Re: #EdoNoBeLagos, Ambode, Tinubu, Wike, Oshiomhole Trended During #EdoDecides2020 by Aquilinae: 8:25am On Sep 21, 2020
mysteryman2014:

Pray pls what Ambode accomplishment in Lagos?

A governor that trampled on all. The church was not left out. If Tinubu knows when to self check. Recall he was intial against the 2nd term of RBF but the voice of the people was clear, the votes goes to where ever RBF moves.

Amode was the architect of his own downfall, as a politician you don't alienate all interests to own detriment.
My point exactly! Even the civil service suffered in the hands of Ambode. Lagosians already rejected Ambode.
Re: #EdoNoBeLagos, Ambode, Tinubu, Wike, Oshiomhole Trended During #EdoDecides2020 by awuri4: 8:27am On Sep 21, 2020
This is the tip of the ice bag for what is going to happen in 2023. #Nigerianobilagos

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Letter Peter Obi Wrote To A Senior Prefect While He Was Governor / Esther Obong-Egbuna "Sister E" Is Dead (pictured) / 'Amaechi Is A Thief': APC Members Protest In Rivers, Urge FG To Prosecute Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.