Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Eight Burnt To Death In Lagos-ibadan Expressway Crash - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Eight Burnt To Death In Lagos-ibadan Expressway Crash (31481 Views)

19 Passengers Die In Oyo-Ogbomoso Expressway Crash / Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) / Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eight Burnt To Death In Lagos-ibadan Expressway Crash by AprokoGirl: 6:25am On Sep 21, 2020
Right persons were on Saturday burnt to death in a lone crash on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.

The crash, which occurred around 8.45pm near the Saapade Bridge, involved a Mazda bus with number plate AAA 249 VX.

The Sector Commander, Federal Road Safety Corps, Ogun State, Ahmed Umar, confirmed the accident on Sunday.

Umar stated that 11 people were involved in the crash.

The sector commander said, “The suspected cause of the lone accident involving the Mazda bus with number plate AAA 249 VX was tyre burst, which led to the loss of control before the crash and fire outbreak immediately.

“FRSC operatives contacted the Sagamu Fire Service immediately for a joint rescue operation.

“Three injured victims were taken to the Idera Hospital, Sagamu, for medical attention, while the Health Department of the Remo North Local Government Area was contacted on the burnt victims.”

Umar advised motorists to drive cautiously, obey traffic rules and regulations, and ensure that their tyres were in good condition.

Source: https://punchng.com/eight-burnt-to-death-in-lagos-ibadan-expressway-crash/

1 Like

Re: Eight Burnt To Death In Lagos-ibadan Expressway Crash by bewla(m): 6:25am On Sep 21, 2020
God no now

I pray for Departed soul Rip
to the familys God is your strength

Two F T C in one day

God I thank u o

I dedicate this one to all pure hustles
and to my niggars in Edo

I say double ur hustle

keep ur head up high one day we going to reach the SKY

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eight Burnt To Death In Lagos-ibadan Expressway Crash by LawLab247: 6:28am On Sep 21, 2020
Sad
Re: Eight Burnt To Death In Lagos-ibadan Expressway Crash by rasheedatt(f): 6:28am On Sep 21, 2020
Horrible r. I. P to them

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eight Burnt To Death In Lagos-ibadan Expressway Crash by Travellerslodge: 6:33am On Sep 21, 2020
Didn’t see this when I passed on Sunday
Re: Eight Burnt To Death In Lagos-ibadan Expressway Crash by yanabasee(m): 6:33am On Sep 21, 2020
RIP to the departed...

2 Likes

Re: Eight Burnt To Death In Lagos-ibadan Expressway Crash by Enudapan: 6:37am On Sep 21, 2020
Nna eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

Chia Rip

2 Likes

Re: Eight Burnt To Death In Lagos-ibadan Expressway Crash by InfernoNig: 6:39am On Sep 21, 2020
Terrible way to die. RIP

1 Like

Re: Eight Burnt To Death In Lagos-ibadan Expressway Crash by Coder2Client(m): 6:42am On Sep 21, 2020
May God protect us from evil.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eight Burnt To Death In Lagos-ibadan Expressway Crash by NaijaCover(m): 9:53am On Sep 21, 2020
Nawa o
Re: Eight Burnt To Death In Lagos-ibadan Expressway Crash by Legalcriminal: 11:48am On Sep 21, 2020
embarassed RIP to the dead
Everyway to thank God for being Alive.
Everything will be better someday

3 Likes

Re: Eight Burnt To Death In Lagos-ibadan Expressway Crash by Slawormir: 11:48am On Sep 21, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Too bad
Rest in peace

Life is full of shit

For every day we wake we are faced with more than a hundred ways to die

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eight Burnt To Death In Lagos-ibadan Expressway Crash by EdmundChidera(m): 11:49am On Sep 21, 2020
I still anticipate a day that no bad news will come up in this country

Rip to them
Re: Eight Burnt To Death In Lagos-ibadan Expressway Crash by jamex93(m): 11:49am On Sep 21, 2020
God... Help us! cry
Re: Eight Burnt To Death In Lagos-ibadan Expressway Crash by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 21, 2020
Ouch
Re: Eight Burnt To Death In Lagos-ibadan Expressway Crash by pretydiva(f): 11:50am On Sep 21, 2020
What a sad news. May God continue to protect us all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eight Burnt To Death In Lagos-ibadan Expressway Crash by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 21, 2020
Jeez
Re: Eight Burnt To Death In Lagos-ibadan Expressway Crash by highdon(m): 11:51am On Sep 21, 2020
RIP to the dead. Some families just lost their bread winner. Lord see them through.

1 Like

Re: Eight Burnt To Death In Lagos-ibadan Expressway Crash by Finnese001: 11:51am On Sep 21, 2020
Father lord
Re: Eight Burnt To Death In Lagos-ibadan Expressway Crash by manuelreports: 11:51am On Sep 21, 2020
RIP to the dead
This year ehhh..
May God protect us all
Re: Eight Burnt To Death In Lagos-ibadan Expressway Crash by TalkTalkTwins(m): 11:52am On Sep 21, 2020
This is so sad embarassed
Sometimes things like these could have been avoided.
I remember the last time I went to Onitsha (it was my second time in my whole life), I boarded a very stupid bus.
The bus was like something that had been used in Congo for 20 years and disposed, before being picked up by our drivers here.

Halfway to the journey, somewhere close to Ihiala, the nuts on one of the tires got broken and the tire literately went off.
One of the female passengers looked back and saw our nuts, she screamed.
The driver packed the car (it had been giving signs all these while but driver ignored).
The car was leaning on the tire, and the thing was already off.
We were so lucky that day.

Next time I go to Onitsha, I'll use a Sienna or ITC.
At least they are more expensive and the vehicles are more decent.
I cannot risk my life again biko.

2 Likes

Re: Eight Burnt To Death In Lagos-ibadan Expressway Crash by kponkedenge(m): 11:52am On Sep 21, 2020
This is really sad.

2 Likes

Re: Eight Burnt To Death In Lagos-ibadan Expressway Crash by Maxcollins042(m): 11:53am On Sep 21, 2020
Thoughts and prayers are with the families of the deceaseds.

Meanwhile, someone should tell Fabinho to empty his back pocket before sitting down.

1 Like

Re: Eight Burnt To Death In Lagos-ibadan Expressway Crash by AmazingELixir: 11:54am On Sep 21, 2020
embarassed embarassed embarassed

What have we done to Buhari in this country..
Re: Eight Burnt To Death In Lagos-ibadan Expressway Crash by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 21, 2020
We all are dying in silence

1 Like

Re: Eight Burnt To Death In Lagos-ibadan Expressway Crash by Alphyno: 11:54am On Sep 21, 2020
Oh My Goodness
what a Painful Death.
May Their Souls Rest In Perfect Peace.
And May God Never Allow Such To Be Our Portion..
Re: Eight Burnt To Death In Lagos-ibadan Expressway Crash by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 21, 2020
I thank God for safety on that road all through school days, Lagos-Osun. From the first year to final year. It's been HIS grace. I was already rounding off when our bus had a fuel leakage on that road,,,, still thanking God.

For every successful journey via land/air/water, we should thank God.

RIP to the deceased
Condolences to the bereaved

5 Likes

Re: Eight Burnt To Death In Lagos-ibadan Expressway Crash by Humbleiyke: 11:55am On Sep 21, 2020
I saw the accident scene few minutes after it happened

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eight Burnt To Death In Lagos-ibadan Expressway Crash by KingEzem: 11:55am On Sep 21, 2020
Otopoooooooooooooooooooooooo it's alright
Live everyday like it's ur last nobody is promised tomorrow
Rip to the dead.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Container Crushes Woman To Death In Alapere, Lagos; Driver Flees / Bus Burns On Otedola Bridge In Lagos (Graphic Photos, Video) / A Culture Shock For A Nigerian In Diaspora

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.