Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,122 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Spirit Of The Earth - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Spirit Of The Earth (283 Views)

Emi(spirit): Lineage Of Gods / Emi(spirit): Legend Of The Human God / Spirit Of Gambling how i lost 1 million nqira to bet9ja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Spirit Of The Earth by Sommypan(m): 7:05am On Sep 21, 2020
I wasn’t a hero — or heroine in my case. I was a scaredy cat, always shying away from any form of trouble or altercation. I never even shouted. So when I got the email newsletter from Pro Earth, I didn’t give it second thought.

Subscribing for their newsletter was even a mistake; one of those ads that pop up recklessly while you were busy browsing about important stuffs.

Pro Earth was an organization that advocated for policies and laws favouring the protection of the planet. They were among the very first of such organizations in Nigeria. Their modus operandi even put me off the more —they engaged in protests. Oh no! Count me out, entirely.

But my life was turned around when I logged into my Facebook account. Such a simple act, right?

I’d logged in and saw that Kosy Onu, my celebrity crush had posted about going to the next Pro Earth protest! What a life. I’ve had a huge crush on this actor/musician/model since the time I first saw him on the TV. Plans had to be changed. I went back to the email, applied for a space at the protest and prayed to be accepted.

Then I left for work. I worked in a catering company. We had an event scheduled later that day. But my mind was on my email application. What was the odds that I got the space and eventually got to meet Kosy? One part of my mind was telling me to be realistic, the other was saying that you never knew what would happen.

“Nkechi!” shouted my supervisor, “Are you going to moon all day over God knows what or are you going to prepare these dishes for transport?” Mrs. Nkoli was a bull of a woman, she was immovable and her voice blared all over the room like some steam engine.

“I’ll get them ready madam,” I said and promptly composed myself. Why was I acting like this?

Read more ➡️ https://www.thezenpens.com/2018/12/07/spirit-of-the-earth-a-short-story-by-somtoochukwu-benedict-ezioha/

(1) (Reply)

We were once children / Please Nairalanders Decide / Star-crossed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.