Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,355 members, 7,836,450 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Nigeria Customs Service Bizarre Extortion In Ore - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigeria Customs Service Bizarre Extortion In Ore (764 Views)

₦30,300,000 IGP STS Extortion In Abuja (Photos) / Police Officers Mistakenly Record Themselves After Extortion In Delta / Man Films Armed Robbery Attack Along Benin/Ore Expressway (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Customs Service Bizarre Extortion In Ore by Aadeniyi092: 8:17am On Sep 21, 2020
When Corruption becomes open and Robbery becomes legal, then a country is in a big mess.

I'm very sure this piece reflects the mind of virtually all the car dealers and tokunbo car owners that ply Ore-Benni road in recent time.

The pictures below is not of a car park, neither is it a functional filling station. But, this where monumental fraud is being committed by Nigeria Custom OFFICERS.

Please, follow me as I unveil to you the evidence of corruption by the bad eggs in our Nigeria Customs Service.

1. When drivers pass Ore heading towards Benni, at the Army checking point directly opposite LEVANT QUARY at Efosa, you will see Nigeria Customs pick up parked by the road side, the Army at the checking point helps the Custom officers stop motorist (a kind of joint venture between the Nigeria Army and Customs Service). At that point any car between 2010-2012 models is charged a minimum of 100k per car, 300k for car between 2013-2015 and minimum of 500k for 2015 and above.
2. If you can not afford the charges stated above at the Army checking point, you are then moved to an uncompleted filling station (pic below) about 10km from the checking point in direction back Ore opposite a particular Eatery/Restaurant (pic below) to meet their superior, headed by the Man in white T-shirt(pic below).
3. When the custom officer that drove the car parked your car, he then handover the car key to black officer from the Northern part of the country who use the Toyota Corolla(pic below), known to be merciless. That where the car owne hell starts from.
4. The officer will do his calculation and then claimed that there was underpayment, from there he will bring a form asking you to sign for balance of the underpayment or claiming 1m and above depending on year of the car.
5. After much frustration, intimidation and delay, you are forced to part away with valuable sum of money in the range of amount stated above.

Method of payment:

1. No transfer or bank cheque is allowed
2. Standby Okada men are on ground, in my case this guy below carried me from the uncompleted filling station to PoS point which is about 5km away towards Ore called Akinjagunla to use PoS in withdrawing 70k(receipt below).
3. I insisted i am not going to pay anything because the car was certify okay and cleared from Lagos, but at a point when is already getting to 7pm and i became the only person left with them on that weekend, they Northern guy began to threaten me pulling his T-shirt up for me to see the piston hung by his trouser and when i wanted to leave for Ore to sleep living my car with them, he asked never to move out the filling station vicinity, at that point i felt it wont be wise to continue standing my ground with them till dark hour, i was assigned this Okada man after refusing bank transfer to the PoS point.
4. When i make enquiry from Hausa boy who is in charge of the PoS, he told me plainly that he make transactions for them to the tune millions daily, except in some weekends when movement of cars is low. He said he only confide in me because i am from the North to give such info.

NOTE: In order not to be noticed, they dont stop, delay or return any trailer/truck carrying container to the uncompleted filling station. This is a deliberate plan to avoid peoples' attention.

They are also not in uniform to avoid being noticed as I suspect that they are on illegal duty there.

for further details, i can be reached at aadeniyi092@gmail.com. i am very to testify publicly as i have a friend who was defrauded like me too having details of his transactions too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Customs Service Bizarre Extortion In Ore by Aadeniyi092: 8:19am On Sep 21, 2020
More pictures of the Nigeria Customs Service fraud gang

1 Share

Re: Nigeria Customs Service Bizarre Extortion In Ore by Aadeniyi092: 8:20am On Sep 21, 2020
Moderator, please this should not be hiden, kindly push to the front page to safe this country from official fraudsters

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Customs Service Bizarre Extortion In Ore by PaLiam: 8:27am On Sep 21, 2020
cry

That was how they dragged me last month inside the abandoned gas station, telling me I'm using outdated vehicle. Pencil light Camry na outdated?
Thank God for the soldier friend wey I call. Him tell me to leave the car and go house with the strong warning say na soldier get the car wey I just buy. Na how Dem take free me. Meanwhile, thunder fire all these illegal extortionist on the highway. Trailer jam you there.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Customs Service Bizarre Extortion In Ore by Kriss216: 8:28am On Sep 21, 2020
Nigeria is irredeemable!

That same route, Nigerian soldiers will send those boys hawking to be collecting money from motorists for them. This is daylight robbery!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs Service Bizarre Extortion In Ore by ebujany(m): 8:31am On Sep 21, 2020
Too bad
Re: Nigeria Customs Service Bizarre Extortion In Ore by Asquare84(m): 8:31am On Sep 21, 2020
thank you for exposing the corruption
Re: Nigeria Customs Service Bizarre Extortion In Ore by LawLab247: 8:37am On Sep 21, 2020
Hmm
Re: Nigeria Customs Service Bizarre Extortion In Ore by Macphenson: 8:37am On Sep 21, 2020
Okooo
Re: Nigeria Customs Service Bizarre Extortion In Ore by Heartbender: 8:38am On Sep 21, 2020
Get in touch. I'll get you police head to make your complaint
Aadeniyi092:
When Corruption becomes open and Robbery becomes legal, then a country is in a big mess.

I'm very sure this piece reflects the mind of virtually all the car dealers and tokunbo car owners that ply Ore-Benni road in recent time.

The pictures below is not of a car park, neither is it a functional filling station. But, this where monumental fraud is being committed by Nigeria Custom OFFICERS.

Please, follow me as I unveil to you the evidence of corruption by the bad eggs in our Nigeria Customs Service.

1. When drivers pass Ore heading towards Benni, at the Army checking point directly opposite LEVANT QUARY at Efosa, you will see Nigeria Customs pick up parked by the road side, the Army at the checking point helps the Custom officers stop motorist (a kind of joint venture between the Nigeria Army and Customs Service). At that point any car between 2010-2012 models is charged a minimum of 100k per car, 300k for car between 2013-2015 and minimum of 500k for 2015 and above.
2. If you can not afford the charges stated above at the Army checking point, you are then moved to an uncompleted filling station (pic below) about 10km from the checking point in direction back Ore opposite a particular Eatery/Restaurant (pic below) to meet their superior, headed by the Man in white T-shirt(pic below).
3. When the custom officer that drove the car parked your car, he then handover the car key to black officer from the Northern part of the country who use the Toyota Corolla(pic below), known to be merciless. That where the car owne hell starts from.
4. The officer will do his calculation and then claimed that there was underpayment, from there he will bring a form asking you to sign for balance of the underpayment or claiming 1m and above depending on year of the car.
5. After much frustration, intimidation and delay, you are forced to part away with valuable sum of money in the range of amount stated above.

Method of payment:

2. Standby Okada men are on ground, in my case this guy below carried me from the uncompleted filling station to PoS point which is about 5km away towards Ore called Akinjagunla to use PoS in withdrawing 70k(receipt below).
3. I insisted i am not going to pay anything because the car was certify okay and cleared from Lagos, but at a point when is already getting to 7pm and i became the only person left with them on that weekend, they Northern guy began to threaten me pulling his T-shirt up for me to see the piston hung by his trouser and when i wanted to leave for Ore to sleep living my car with them, he asked never to move out the filling station vicinity, at that point i felt it wont be wise to continue standing my ground with them till dark hour, i was assigned this Okada man after refusing bank transfer to the PoS point.
4. When i make enquiry from Hausa boy who is in charge of the PoS, he told me plainly that he make transactions for them to the tune millions daily, except in some weekends when movement of cars is low. He said he only confide in me because i am from the North to give such info.

NOTE: In order not to be noticed, they dont stop, delay or return any trailer/truck carrying container to the uncompleted filling station. This is a deliberate plan to avoid peoples' attention.

They are also not in uniform to avoid being noticed as I suspect that they are on illegal duty there.

for further details, i can be reached at aadeniyi092@gmail.com. i am very to testify publicly as i have a friend who was defrauded like me too having details of his transactions too.
Re: Nigeria Customs Service Bizarre Extortion In Ore by SocialJustice: 8:41am On Sep 21, 2020
Post the link to this threasinbajod on twitter and quote Customs, Police, EFCC, Osinbajo.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs Service Bizarre Extortion In Ore by Aadeniyi092: 9:01am On Sep 21, 2020
Custom officer's car

Re: Nigeria Customs Service Bizarre Extortion In Ore by fregmath: 9:07am On Sep 21, 2020
FORGIVE ME BUT THIS IS BLATANT LIE. WHEN YOU HAVE AN UNDER PAYMENT ON YOUR VEHICLE, CUSTOMS HAVE THE RIGHT THE SEND THAT VEHICLE BACK TO LAGOS TO HAVE THE FULL PAYMENT DONE BEFORE YOU CAN GET THE CAR BACK. HOWEVER, INSTEAD OF SENDING YOU BACK TO LAGOS, THEY OFFER TO TAKE STIPEND FROM YOU AND ALLOW YOU TO PROCEED ON YOUR JOURNEY. I THINK THAT IS FAIR ENOUGH.
I KNOW THE CUSTOM POINT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT AND I AM SURE YOU WERE BEING HARD WITH THEM THAT WAS WHY THEY DECIDED TO PUNISH YOU.
THE MAXIMUM I HAVE SETTLED AT THAT CHECK POINT IS 10K. MAXIMUM. YOU HAVE TO BE CORTEOUS WITH THE OFFICERS AND SPEAK WELL WITH THEM.

I DELIVER CARS TO BENIN, PORT HARCOURT AND ABUJA AND I HAVE NEVER SPENT MORE THAN 10MINS AT CUSTOMS CHECK POINT. EVEN WHEN I HAVE A CAR WITH 80% UNDERPAYMENT.

SO MY BROTHER ABEG, YOU PAID THEM 70K BECAUSE YOU DIDNT WANT TO BE REASONABLE WITH THEM.

AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT DRIVER A KIA, HYUNDAI OR AN INNOSON VEHICLE, THERE IS LIKELY A CHANCE THAT UR VECHILE.IS UNDER PAID.

IF YOU NEED YOUR CAR DELIVERED TO PORT HARCOURT, BENIN OR BAYELSA, YOU CAN REAXH ME ON 08125704856. I DO NOT CHARGE MUCH.

Aadeniyi092:

Method of payment:

Re: Nigeria Customs Service Bizarre Extortion In Ore by Xisnin(m): 9:18am On Sep 21, 2020
Sorry about your experience.
Were the Okada riders also harmed?
No.
So you chose your car over other options like other past victims.

Now to the issue.
If you really don't want to pay, you should have fled when you left with the Okada riders.
Then make report at the closest police station preferrably IRT or SARS about a kidnap
and ransom case. You escaped but your car is still with the thieves.

It is not too late.
Contact various media houses and IG on Twitter that police and custom impersonators are
robbing and stealing people's car near barracks. Narrate your story to them.
Even though you can't get your money back you will save others.
Re: Nigeria Customs Service Bizarre Extortion In Ore by Aadeniyi092: 9:41am On Sep 21, 2020
IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY OR YOU HAVE FRIENDS AMONGST THEM, KEEP QUIET.

OVER 20 CAR OWNERS DON'T SPEAK POLITELY WITH THEM AND WHO TOLD YOU THE PAYMENT WASN'T COMPLETE?

THESE ARE KIND OF GULLIBLE INDIVIDUAL IN OUR SOCIETY.

BEFORE MY VERY FACE, A PREGNANT WOMAN AND HER HUSBAND WERE BEGGING, BUT THEY STILL PAY 50K.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs Service Bizarre Extortion In Ore by Aadeniyi092: 9:49am On Sep 21, 2020
A man who has passed by 5 Custom checking points and proceed to PH is not polite and suddenly must settle with 300k in Ore.
A man who was held down and his friend went on for withdrawal should abandon his and run amidst intimition and report to Nigeria Police in Ore.
This is idiotic
Re: Nigeria Customs Service Bizarre Extortion In Ore by dangermouse(m): 9:53am On Sep 21, 2020
@ fregmath .Am yet to understand how a vehicle duely cleared by custom should be termed underpaid. It is unacceptable. What they are dioing at that check point is illegal and daylight robbery. Stop condoling and justifying extortion!
Re: Nigeria Customs Service Bizarre Extortion In Ore by Unrated900(m): 11:35am On Sep 21, 2020
The Hausa Guy never betrayed you by telling you the truth because he sees you are from the northern part or maybe you speaks Hausa

But you betrayed him my snapping him wisely and upload it on the internet.

You even snapped the custom guy as well.

You should be happy say no be sars you snapped

You would have been a gunner
Re: Nigeria Customs Service Bizarre Extortion In Ore by Unrated900(m): 11:39am On Sep 21, 2020
dangermouse:
@ fregmath .Am yet to understand how a vehicle duely cleared by custom should be termed underpaid. It is unacceptable. What they are dioing at that check point is illegal and daylight robbery. Stop condoling and justifying extortion!

Same customs stopped me one night with a customer’s car.

They didn’t check my customs papers yet,they only ask me anything for us I said Oga yes sir

Can you manage 5k he said yes sir

Whether your customs papers are intact or not

They will use their terms to tell you it’s not intact when you want to prove too wise for them.

So far one’s manner of approach matters a lot in life
Re: Nigeria Customs Service Bizarre Extortion In Ore by 2cribz: 11:48am On Sep 21, 2020
Its simple get 10 armed cultist who use only pump action and pistols not cut to size. Survey the area for 1 week.then let them strike. Killing all on the spot.including sars at ore.. the aboki runnin pos said its abt millions on a daily. Wtf

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs Service Bizarre Extortion In Ore by americaninja1: 12:00pm On Sep 21, 2020
2cribz:
Its simple get 10 armed cultist who use only pump action and pistols not cut to size. Survey the area for 1 week.then let them strike. Killing all on the spot.including sars at ore
Re: Nigeria Customs Service Bizarre Extortion In Ore by americaninja1: 12:03pm On Sep 21, 2020
Unrated900:
The Hausa Guy never betrayed you by telling you the truth because he sees you are from the northern part or maybe you speaks Hausa

But you betrayed him my snapping him wisely and upload it on the internet.

You even snapped the custom guy as well.

You should be happy say no be sars you snapped

You would have been a gunner
what rubbish are u saying.. why am I in d same country with dullards like u. Someone is exposing daylight robbery/extortion by Govt officials who are suppose to protect and abide by d law. U talking about snapping.. Education is really an instrument to freedom, I see why Govt ain’t spending much on education , cos we’d know what’s right

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Customs Service Bizarre Extortion In Ore by Unrated900(m): 2:15pm On Sep 21, 2020
H
americaninja1:
what rubbish are u saying.. why am I in d same country with dullards like u. Someone is exposing daylight robbery/extortion by Govt officials who are suppose to protect and abide by d law. U talking about snapping.. Education is really an instrument to freedom, I see why Govt ain’t spending much on education , cos we’d know what’s right

Go and sleep
Re: Nigeria Customs Service Bizarre Extortion In Ore by stacyadams: 6:52pm On Sep 21, 2020
Unrated900:

They didn’t check my customs papers yet,they only ask me anything for us I said Oga yes sir

They will use their terms to tell you it’s not intact when you want to prove too wise for them.

Manner or no manners ,, are they supposed to collect bribes?
Re: Nigeria Customs Service Bizarre Extortion In Ore by naijadefender: 7:55pm On Sep 21, 2020
This should make headlines, actually it has been going on for years. It is a racket, the officers lobby to be on that bit, their bosses have a share in the extorted monies. The irony is that it is the same custom that issued papers at the port, then they now corner innocent citizens on the road and extort them.

I have been a victim, God help us.
Re: Nigeria Customs Service Bizarre Extortion In Ore by fregmath: 8:20pm On Sep 21, 2020
It is not extortion, when you import your vehicle, go and your clearance yourself, do not use agents, let them calculated the full duty for you, if you are able to pay it, then fine. But if you use Agents, they have their ways at the ports, they will under pay, settle officers and get the car out, leaving the vehicle owner at the mercy of the Customs checkpoints. Yes I MIGHT agree that it is extortion but it is definitely not illegal. Most of the monies retireved goes back to the governement, they don't spend it all.

dangermouse:
Re: Nigeria Customs Service Bizarre Extortion In Ore by dangermouse(m): 8:36pm On Sep 21, 2020
fregmath:
It is not extortion, when you import your vehicle, go and your clearance yourself, do not use agents, let them calculated the full duty for you, if you are able to pay it, then fine. But if you use Agents, they have their ways at the ports, they will under pay, settle officers and get the car out, leaving the vehicle owner at the mercy of the Customs checkpoints. Yes I MIGHT agree that it is extortion but it is definitely not illegal. Most of the monies retireved goes back to the governement, they don't spend it all.

So u want to blame the the car owners now instead of blaming customs? Its all wrong when i have satisfiied all requirements with the customs only to be stopped on the road and be told that that i didnt at the first time. That is pure madness on the part of customs going by what u said. I mean do we have different customs in this country?.
Re: Nigeria Customs Service Bizarre Extortion In Ore by Aadeniyi092: 9:45pm On Sep 21, 2020
The idiots making irrational comments might be in a way related to the officers or possibly officers themselves.

Why are they there today?

The news has carried by saharareporters, mail already written to CG of custom, IGF, EFCC, ICPC and other relevant agencies.

It's been confirmed to be illegal post and I can assure you guys that action will be taken.

Until we learn to speak out like Edo people did just day before yesterday, we'll continue to suffer in the hands of these unscrupulous elements.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs Service Bizarre Extortion In Ore by sportFX: 8:27am On Sep 22, 2020
fregmath:

FORGIVE ME BUT THIS IS BLATANT LIE. WHEN YOU HAVE AN UNDER PAYMENT ON YOUR VEHICLE, CUSTOMS HAVE THE RIGHT THE SEND THAT VEHICLE BACK TO LAGOS TO HAVE THE FULL PAYMENT DONE BEFORE YOU CAN GET THE CAR BACK. HOWEVER, INSTEAD OF SENDING YOU BACK TO LAGOS, THEY OFFER TO TAKE STIPEND FROM YOU AND ALLOW YOU TO PROCEED ON YOUR JOURNEY. I THINK THAT IS FAIR ENOUGH.
I KNOW THE CUSTOM POINT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT AND I AM SURE YOU WERE BEING HARD WITH THEM THAT WAS WHY THEY DECIDED TO PUNISH YOU.
THE MAXIMUM I HAVE SETTLED AT THAT CHECK POINT IS 10K. MAXIMUM. YOU HAVE TO BE CORTEOUS WITH THE OFFICERS AND SPEAK WELL WITH THEM.

I DELIVER CARS TO BENIN, PORT HARCOURT AND ABUJA AND I HAVE NEVER SPENT MORE THAN 10MINS AT CUSTOMS CHECK POINT. EVEN WHEN I HAVE A CAR WITH 80% UNDERPAYMENT.

SO MY BROTHER ABEG, YOU PAID THEM 70K BECAUSE YOU DIDNT WANT TO BE REASONABLE WITH THEM.

AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT DRIVER A KIA, HYUNDAI OR AN INNOSON VEHICLE, THERE IS LIKELY A CHANCE THAT UR VECHILE.IS UNDER PAID.

IF YOU NEED YOUR CAR DELIVERED TO PORT HARCOURT, BENIN OR BAYELSA, YOU CAN REAXH ME ON 08125704856. I DO NOT CHARGE MUCH.

And you think any reasonable person would want to use your services? I will rather tow my vehicle than use your service, you are extremely rude and uncouth, even if you have a different opinion from the OP, you could have stated yours without calling it a lie or bombarding us with capital letters. Continue supporting corruption until it kills you.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs Service Bizarre Extortion In Ore by sportFX: 8:36am On Sep 22, 2020
Unrated900:

FOR how long do you want to continue dashing out 5k? It shows you're also not clean and encouraging corruption.

(1) (Reply)

Video Of The Lady Shot In The Mouth By His Police Boyfriend Emerges / Chaos At Lekki Epe Express Way / Dubai Based Instagram Celebrity Olasunkanmi daniel falade who riped for a living

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.