Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,204 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Barcelona Defender Nelson Semedo Join Wolves For 40 Million Euros - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Barcelona Defender Nelson Semedo Join Wolves For 40 Million Euros (1461 Views)

Manchester United Agree £40 Million Fee For Ajax Midfielder Van De Beek / Juventus 'offer Three Players To Wolves' For Adama Traore / Barcelona Defender Gerard Pique Caught Driving With Invalid Licence, Fined 48,00 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Barcelona Defender Nelson Semedo Join Wolves For 40 Million Euros by kenzysmith: 8:39am On Sep 21, 2020
MarsdenMoises Llorens 17h
Barcelona defender Semedo set to join Wolves in deal worth €40m - sources
Barcelona defender Nelson Semedo is set to join Wolves in a deal worth around €40 million, sources have confirmed to ESPN.
Semedo, 26, is expected in England in the coming days to finalise a move to the Premier League side, with Barca also keen on Ajax's Sergino Dest and Norwich City's Max Aarons as potential replacements.
- Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (U.S. only)
- Insider Notebook: Man United frustrated by fans on Twitter
- Lowe: Messi gearing up for "Last Dance" with Barca
Wolves have been in the market for a right-back since selling Matt Doherty to Tottenham earlier this summer. Barca's desire to sell Semedo, plus the fact he's represented by Jorge Mendes, who has a big influence at Wolves, made the Portugal international an obvious target.
Barca coach Ronald Koeman has made it clear he prefers Sergi Roberto to Semedo, with the former playing all 90 minutes in Saturday's friendly win against Elche.
Semedo joined Barca from Benfica for an initial €30m in 2017 but has never made the right-back position his own, despite making 124 appearances for the club.
Atletico Madrid came close to signing him last summer but then coach Ernesto Valverde vetoed a deal which would have seen him leave Camp Nou for the Spanish capital.
Barca will look to use the money raised from Semedo's sale to strengthen in defence. Dest and Aarons are both targets but sources say the club will not overpay.
Sources close to Dest have told ESPN that Bayern Munich lead the chase for the United States international, while Norwich have so far rejected Barca's advances for England under-21 international Aarons.
Barca are also still hopeful of signing Manchester City centre-back Eric Garcia, who is out of contract next summer.
The club needed to sell before being able to buy and Semedo's departure will help them with the rebuild president Josep Maria Bartomeu promised after the 8-2 Champions League defeat to Bayern last month.
Meanwhile, Arturo Vidal is finally expected to complete his move to Inter Milan on Sunday, following midfielder Ivan Rakitic out the door and further helping to reduce the club's wage bill.https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/4185918/barcelona-defender-semedo-set-to-join-wolves-in-deal-worth-40m-sources?device=featurephone
^ Back to Top

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Defender Nelson Semedo Join Wolves For 40 Million Euros by paulolee(m): 8:56am On Sep 21, 2020
good one but why is dt wolves squad filled with Portuguese and with few English players??
the current squad av 10 Portuguese and just 10 English players bt it means nothing bcoz he is playing good football and winning matches bt i jus hope nuno wont be questioned when things go wrong?
Re: Barcelona Defender Nelson Semedo Join Wolves For 40 Million Euros by nzeobi(m): 9:01am On Sep 21, 2020
I doubt this news, how can wolves spend that amount on a right back.
Re: Barcelona Defender Nelson Semedo Join Wolves For 40 Million Euros by Dizzyrascal(m): 9:14am On Sep 21, 2020
nzeobi:
if there is any credence to the news might be because it is the amount that might persuade Barcelona to let him leave
Re: Barcelona Defender Nelson Semedo Join Wolves For 40 Million Euros by Djamel(m): 11:00am On Sep 21, 2020
nzeobi:

You have a point
The price tag is outrageous for a club like wolves to pull out.... Especially for a defender.
Re: Barcelona Defender Nelson Semedo Join Wolves For 40 Million Euros by kenzysmith: 11:08am On Sep 21, 2020
Djamel:

You have a point
The price tag is outrageous for a club like wolves to pull out.... Especially for a defender.
is never too outrageous they have ambitious to qualify for top 4 this year
Re: Barcelona Defender Nelson Semedo Join Wolves For 40 Million Euros by Djamel(m): 11:12am On Sep 21, 2020
kenzysmith:
is never too outrageous they have ambitious to qualify for top 4 this year

They could have gotten a striker for that amount.
A better one at that
The norwich lad won't cost more than 20million....a better bargain

Well,i will see how it goes.

I'm a Barça fan by the way
Re: Barcelona Defender Nelson Semedo Join Wolves For 40 Million Euros by nzeobi(m): 11:17am On Sep 21, 2020
Djamel:

You have a point
The news is on skysports transfer but for a lesser fee.

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Defender Nelson Semedo Join Wolves For 40 Million Euros by kenzysmith: 11:19am On Sep 21, 2020
Djamel:

A better one at that

they sign a guy from Porto a striker dub the new Cristiano for 45 million
Re: Barcelona Defender Nelson Semedo Join Wolves For 40 Million Euros by Djamel(m): 11:22am On Sep 21, 2020
nzeobi:

The news is on skysports transfer but for a lesser fee.

Okay.... 40million looks too much
Re: Barcelona Defender Nelson Semedo Join Wolves For 40 Million Euros by zikcash(m): 11:48am On Sep 21, 2020
Lies....... Vidal's d one leaving
Re: Barcelona Defender Nelson Semedo Join Wolves For 40 Million Euros by gulfer: 11:59am On Sep 21, 2020
paulolee:
good one but why is dt wolves squad filled with Portuguese and spanish players with no or few English players?? hope nuno wont be questioned?
Nuno is buying quality for the money available to him as a manager of small WOLVES; watch out for those guys, they'll certainly give the big 4 a run for their monies this time....... cool cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Defender Nelson Semedo Join Wolves For 40 Million Euros by paulolee(m): 1:45pm On Sep 21, 2020
gulfer:
Nuno is buying quality for the money available to him as a manager of small WOLVES; watch out for those guys, they'll certainly give the big 4 a run for their monies this time....... cool cool cool cool
i know he is doing well in the market bt jus asking why he is soo obsessed with Portuguese players...do u mean its only Portuguese players dt av quality and are cheap?? the current wolves squad av totol of 10 Portugues and just 5 English players....the owner knows best and i love the way they play
Re: Barcelona Defender Nelson Semedo Join Wolves For 40 Million Euros by Donniest22(m): 5:41pm On Sep 21, 2020
Djamel:

You have a point
But they spent 35m on an 18 year old attacker.

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Defender Nelson Semedo Join Wolves For 40 Million Euros by Djamel(m): 8:03pm On Sep 21, 2020
Donniest22:

But they spent 35m on an 18 year old attacker.

You said attacker

Not defender
Re: Barcelona Defender Nelson Semedo Join Wolves For 40 Million Euros by codemaniacs: 10:47pm On Sep 21, 2020
zz
Re: Barcelona Defender Nelson Semedo Join Wolves For 40 Million Euros by Donniest22(m): 5:52am On Sep 22, 2020
Djamel:

You said attacker

Not defender
Doesn't make any difference
Re: Barcelona Defender Nelson Semedo Join Wolves For 40 Million Euros by Djamel(m): 8:02am On Sep 22, 2020
Donniest22:

Doesn't make any difference

Lmao

It does... Attackers get you goals

Football is about scoring goals

90% of clubs are ready to spend heavily even on an 18 year old.... If they think he's ruthless...

Take halland and Sancho for example

You've made ur point

Dont mention me again please.

2 Likes

Re: Barcelona Defender Nelson Semedo Join Wolves For 40 Million Euros by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 22, 2020
So Semedo could be bought for 40milion but a good midfielder like thiago alcantara was bought for 25million. This thing no balance atall
Re: Barcelona Defender Nelson Semedo Join Wolves For 40 Million Euros by Donniest22(m): 10:48am On Sep 22, 2020
Djamel:

Lmao

It does... Attackers get you goals

Football is about scoring goals

90% of clubs are ready to spend heavily even on an 18 year old.... If they think he's ruthless...

Take halland and Sancho for example

You've made ur point

Dont mention me again please.
Noted
Re: Barcelona Defender Nelson Semedo Join Wolves For 40 Million Euros by Tajbol4splend(m): 11:37am On Sep 22, 2020
Wolves are a low budget big team, they have a lot of good players and a good visionary manager

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Defender Nelson Semedo Join Wolves For 40 Million Euros by Tajbol4splend(m): 11:38am On Sep 22, 2020
Puloc:
So Semedo could be bought for 40milion but a good midfielder like thiago alcantara was bought for 25million. This thing no balance atall

Fees don't mean shiit
Re: Barcelona Defender Nelson Semedo Join Wolves For 40 Million Euros by fourboys: 12:23pm On Sep 22, 2020
Davies Why??
Re: Barcelona Defender Nelson Semedo Join Wolves For 40 Million Euros by kenzysmith: 8:36pm On Sep 23, 2020
Djamel:

A better one at that

wolves have agree a deal in principle to sign Douglas coast from juventus

(1) (Reply)

5 Nigerian Players To Watch At U-20 / Football Matches Prediction For Football Lovers All Over The World / Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Footballer Of The Last 20 Years?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.