Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,729 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Why Did Tinubu Not Reconcile Obaseki With Oshiomole ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did Tinubu Not Reconcile Obaseki With Oshiomole ? (1569 Views)

Oba Of Benin Reprimands Obaseki For Refusing Overtures For Peace With Oshiomole / Oba Of Benin, Buhari, Dangote Couldn’t Reconcile Obaseki, Oshiomhole – Osunbor / Edo Election: PDP Woos Obaseki With Jonathan’s Visit. 'Not True' Edo Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Tinubu Not Reconcile Obaseki With Oshiomole ? by ShinnBet: 8:41am On Sep 21, 2020
Tinubu has exposed how docile Yoruba people are by thinking his battered brand can some how influence election outcomes outside Lagos and Osun.

I recall that Obaseki visited Tinubu during the height of his beef with Oshiopikin

Why did Tinubu not reconcile Oshiopikin with Obaseki instead of foolishly backing Obaseki's removal?

Arrogance!

Tinubu's ego got to his head after he removed Ambode. We can see that Oshiopikin's coup on Obaseki was taking out from the same playbook that was used to sack Ambode as governor.

To me, it appears Tinubu was so sure of his coup on his own puppet that he thought it could be replicated anywhere in Nigeria.

Also, Tinubu being a godfather in Lagos and Osun, wanted to use Obaseki's removal as another feather in his cap to keep his stooges in check.

In my honest opinion , Tinubu aligned with Oshiopikin towards entrenching godfatherism in Nigerian politics and paraventure an expansion of his political empire.

How foolish he was.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Tinubu Not Reconcile Obaseki With Oshiomole ? by Kriss216: 8:43am On Sep 21, 2020
In all these, I blame the cowardice of Ambode. His cowardice gave Tinubu the lèverage to try that nonsense with Obaseki. Thank God Obaseki is a warrior.

Edo no be Lagos
Obaseki no be Ambode.

God bless Edo
God bless Obaseki

Shame on Ambode!

7 Likes

Re: Why Did Tinubu Not Reconcile Obaseki With Oshiomole ? by nellyelitz(m): 8:45am On Sep 21, 2020
He couldn't
Re: Why Did Tinubu Not Reconcile Obaseki With Oshiomole ? by GoodofNaija: 8:48am On Sep 21, 2020
It was due to arrogance and greed.

He thought by so doing he would continue to keep his zombies in check so they will not be liberated.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did Tinubu Not Reconcile Obaseki With Oshiomole ? by yanabasee(m): 8:48am On Sep 21, 2020
Tinubu is not a resolutionist...... He plays no sympathy in the game of politics....

Tinubu wasn't interested in that...but to creat a sub-godfather in Edo state where he'll control Oshiomole to manipulate the state....

If this was successful.... god-fatherism would've been a branch of Nigeria's politics...

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Tinubu Not Reconcile Obaseki With Oshiomole ? by Omihanifa: 8:50am On Sep 21, 2020
As a father figure he should have just called the two parties together and settle everything.

Worse come to worse money will exchange hands and everybody go dey alright

But me I feel obaseki sef don Jump from Fry Pan to fire because of plenty godfathers he will have to contend with in PDP
Re: Why Did Tinubu Not Reconcile Obaseki With Oshiomole ? by Ahmed0336(m): 8:53am On Sep 21, 2020
Oba of Benin tried, he wasn't successful. Ahmed lawal reconciliatory committee tried they weren't successful. Even PMB spoke to both of them, still yet.

wetin go happen don happen.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Tinubu Not Reconcile Obaseki With Oshiomole ? by donbachi(m): 8:54am On Sep 21, 2020
Obaseki na heavy weight..oshiomhole,tinubu and gang na light weights.
Re: Why Did Tinubu Not Reconcile Obaseki With Oshiomole ? by ShinnBet: 8:55am On Sep 21, 2020
Kriss216:
In all these, I blame the cowardice of Ambode. His cowardice gave Tinubu the lèverage to try that nonsense with Obaseki. Thank God Obaseki is a warrior.

Edo no be Lagos
Obaseki no be Ambode.

God bless Edo
God bless Obaseki

Shame on Ambode!

Do you know that the duo of fashola and Ambode never had a single say in who got appointed into their own governments?

The most pathetic is how Fashola in his 8yrs as governor could not even pick one single LG ward councillor

I sometimes wonder how these two foolish men could not see that Tinubu's power came from being the same governor that they were.

Well, I have always said that Tinubu only picks his puppets for governor's house based on their zero political clout. But what stopped Ambode and Fashole from building their own structures ? This is Lagos, the state with the deepest purse in Nigeria and they couldn't use their own powers to dismantle Tinubu's structure rather they even allowed their office to be used to strengthen Tinibu's base.

Can you imagine that appointed Directors, Perm Secs in the LASG civil service refused to take orders from both Fashole and Ambode?

Those two ex governors are sorry excuses for men.

6 Likes

Re: Why Did Tinubu Not Reconcile Obaseki With Oshiomole ? by Kriss216: 9:02am On Sep 21, 2020
ShinnBet:

Do you know that the duo of fashola and Ambode never had a single say in who got appointed into their own governments?

The most pathetic is how Fashola in his 8yrs as governor could not even pick one single LG ward councillor

I sometimes wonder how these two foolish men could not see that Tinubu's power came from being the same governor that they were.

Well, I have always said that Tinubu only picks his puppets for governor's house based on their zero political clout. But what stopped Ambode and Fashole from building their own structures ? This is Lagos, the state with the deepest purse in Nigeria and they couldn't use their own powers to dismantle Tinubu's structure rather they even allowed their office to be used to strengthen Tinibu's base.

Can you imagine that appointed Directors, Perm Secs in the LASG civil service refused to take orders from both Fashole and Tinubu?

I lost my respect for Ambode when I saw Sanwo Olu commissioning projects even when Ambode is still the Governor.
Same Ambode was even following Sanwo Olu for campaigns and rallies. Such foolishness and slavery!

8 Likes

Re: Why Did Tinubu Not Reconcile Obaseki With Oshiomole ? by ShinnBet: 9:08am On Sep 21, 2020
Kriss216:

I lost my respect for Ambode when I saw Sanwo Olu commissioning projects even when Ambode is still the Governor.
Same Ambode was even following Sanwo Olu for campaigns and rallies. Such foolishness and slavery!

What of Lagosians that stood akimbo and did nothing?

Their elected governor was being rubbished by an unelected party godfather and they never came to his defense rather we saw how APC zombies where on heat on this forum insulting Ambode and campaigning for his removal.

This was the exact opposite of what transpired in Edo as the people rallied round their governor and said enough is enough to Oshiopikin and his brigand of thugs.

Lagosians have a lot to learn from Edo people .

7 Likes

Re: Why Did Tinubu Not Reconcile Obaseki With Oshiomole ? by Kriss216: 9:10am On Sep 21, 2020
ShinnBet:

What of Lagosians that stood akimbo and did nothing?

Their elected governor was being rubbished by an unelected party godfather and they never came to his defense rather we saw how APC zombies where on heat on this forum insulting Ambode and campaigning for his removal.

This was the exact opposite of what transpired in Edo as the people rallied round their governor and said enough is enough to Oshiopikin and his brigand of thugs.

Lagosians have a lot to learn from Edo people .

Lagosians were waiting for Ambode to make a move.
Edolites rallied around Obaseki cos he made the move.

Ambode would have been the Governor of Lagos today if he listened to the voice of the wise men then.

Ambode should be crowned king of cowards in Epe.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did Tinubu Not Reconcile Obaseki With Oshiomole ? by Think9ja(m): 9:11am On Sep 21, 2020
Edo people, wetin be the meaning of this ogbane weh Una de shout up and down since yesterday?

Naso one Edo chick just de shout Ogbane up and down for Arise news yesterday when de interview her

Wetin e mean abeg
Re: Why Did Tinubu Not Reconcile Obaseki With Oshiomole ? by haffaze777(m): 9:16am On Sep 21, 2020
They both think what happened in Ogun state and Imo state will happen in Edo,Thank God Edo people show Oshiomole how useless he is.Amosun and Okorocha will be smiling now

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Tinubu Not Reconcile Obaseki With Oshiomole ? by ShinnBet: 9:18am On Sep 21, 2020
Kriss216:

Ambode would have been the Governor of Lagos today if he listened to the voice of the wise men then.

That's not true.

Ambode saw that the majority where with Tinubu.

Less than a week before their beef got blown out, APC zombies where singing Ambode's praises on this site. I was shocked how they did a 180 degree shift after Tinibu openly declared war on Ambode.

Tinibu's godfatherism is not only limited to his political stooges but also a vast majority of the Yoruba populace in places like Lagos and Osun who sheepishly follow him lock step and all.

I did a thread on this and asked if Tinubu was to come out and tell them to stop supporting Buhari that they will surely obey him without thinking.

How one man's selfish and greedy political career and ambition is some how in their interests baffles me.

Now they want to foist their gbana lord on us come 2023.

In as much as they have the right to elevate any thug, drug dealer and exconvict as their leader, they should be remindered that Nigeria is NOT and will never be Tinibu's Lagos .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Tinubu Not Reconcile Obaseki With Oshiomole ? by ShinnBet: 9:24am On Sep 21, 2020
Obaseki was in the same place like Ambode since both men had limited grassroot structures.

While Obaseki has to his credit a very loyal deputy who has a solid grassroot base, both men can still be argued to have found themselves in errily similar situations.

While one chose to back down, the other stood up and fought.

At the end, we can see that Lagos since 1999 is not a democracy but rather being run by one man. This same fraud even has the audacity to lecture us on Democratic tenents just as he opens his putrud mouth to lecture on corruption

The hypicrisy stinks

4 Likes

Re: Why Did Tinubu Not Reconcile Obaseki With Oshiomole ? by Kriss216: 9:35am On Sep 21, 2020
ShinnBet:

That's not true.

Less than a week before their beef got blown out, APC zombies where singing Ambode's praises on this site. I was shocked how they did a 180 degree shift after Tinibu openly declared war on Ambode.

Tinibu's godfatherism is not only limited to his political stooges but also a vast majority of the Yoruba populace in places like Lagos and Osun who sheepishly follow him lock step and all.

I did a thread on this and asked if Tinubu was to come out and tell them to stop supporting Buhari that they will surely obey him without thinking.

How one man's selfish and greedy political career and ambition is some how in their interests baffles me.

In as much as they have the right to elevate any thug, drug dealer and exconvict as their leader, they should be remindered that Nigeria is NOT and will never be Tinibu's Lagos .
Ambode moving to PDP then will get him sympathy votes. All he has to do, sack the stubborn ones, reshuffle his cabinet. Ambode will get enough support from Epe, his hometown, One of largest local government. He will get supports from the Igbos in Lagos also.
Ambode would have won easier than Obaseki.

5 Likes

Re: Why Did Tinubu Not Reconcile Obaseki With Oshiomole ? by ShinnBet: 9:47am On Sep 21, 2020
Kriss216:

Ambode moving to PDP then will get him sympathy votes. All he has to do, sack the stubborn ones, reshuffle his cabinet. Ambode will get enough support from Epe, his hometown, One of largest local government. He will get supports from the Igbos in Lagos also.

Even Aso Rock was ready to back him towards pruning Tinubu's powers.

Buhari has rightly ignored all Tinubu's puppet nominations since coming to power and the few he got snuck in like Fowler have been shown the door

This was a brilliant move by Buhari to put Tinubu in check

But Ambode was too chicken sh!t to venture out on his own

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Tinubu Not Reconcile Obaseki With Oshiomole ? by Maxymilliano(m): 9:56am On Sep 21, 2020
The war of attrition between the duo became intractable, hence no possible resolution despite series of intervention by well meaning Nigerians.
Re: Why Did Tinubu Not Reconcile Obaseki With Oshiomole ? by ShinnBet: 9:59am On Sep 21, 2020
Maxymilliano:
The war of attrition between the duo became intractable, hence no possible resolution despite series of intervention by well meaning Nigerians.

Tinubu should have played a neutral role in public and then work against Obaseki in secret rather than openly throwing his support for Oshiopikin.

That move showed his leperous hands as one who was ready to defend godfatherism .

He remains a fool intoxicated by his control of the idiots in Lagos and Osun.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did Tinubu Not Reconcile Obaseki With Oshiomole ? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:08am On Sep 21, 2020
ShinnBet:

Can you imagine that appointed Directors, Perm Secs in the LASG civil service refused to take orders from both Fashole and Ambode?

You forgot to add the current puppet, Sanwolu. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Tinubu Not Reconcile Obaseki With Oshiomole ? by ednut1(m): 10:34am On Sep 21, 2020
APC and PDP are same people.stop wasting your time with analysis.
Re: Why Did Tinubu Not Reconcile Obaseki With Oshiomole ? by Stanweezy(m): 11:18am On Sep 21, 2020
Since APC lost gubernatorial election in Edo State, I wonder if Election is between Obaseki and Tinubu/Oshomhole. Even the APC candidate I only know him as Pastor I don't even know his name

1 Like

Re: Why Did Tinubu Not Reconcile Obaseki With Oshiomole ? by ShinnBet: 11:22am On Sep 21, 2020
Stanweezy:
Since APC lost gubernatorial election in Edo State, I wonder if Election is between Obaseki and Tinubu/Oshomhole. Even the APC candidate I only know him as Pastor I don't even know his name

Since Tinubu decided to do a trio tag team with Oshiopikin and Ize-Iyamu, he was in the fight and got trashed by Edo people

The elections was between Obaseki vs TINUBU and Oshiopikin

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Tinubu Not Reconcile Obaseki With Oshiomole ? by Stanweezy(m): 6:47pm On Sep 21, 2020
ShinnBet:

Since Tinubu decided to do a trio tag team with Oshiopikin and Ize-Iyamu, he was in the fight and got trashed by Edo people

The elections was between Obaseki vs TINUBU and Oshiopikin

So his name is Ize-Iyamo na copy and paste in just did bkus I hardly remember the man name

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Tinubu Not Reconcile Obaseki With Oshiomole ? by fafambo: 9:24pm On Sep 21, 2020
Stanweezy:
His name is CUSTOMER DADA NI! HOME AND AWAY

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Tinubu Not Reconcile Obaseki With Oshiomole ? by Bash92(m): 10:52pm On Sep 21, 2020
ShinnBet:

That's not true.

The same Osun where they had to perform day light robbery abi? You guys will just come out and be yarning dust for mouth and think you are making sense.

If you want talk about lagos following Tinubu sheepishly and foolishly, you are free to. But remember your people dey that same lagos and there are many always voting Tinubu's party

I am not a fan of Tinubu and will never be, but you people your hypocrisy stinks to heaven. Since 1999 the only state PDP have not ruled in the south west is Lagos now lets go back to your states over there. You people have always been ruled by PDP apart from Anambra and Imo, tell me is the life of your people better off than those of us down here.

You still come down here, you always feel fulfilled whenever you come down here to Tinubu's lagos.

Have met some very good, fantastic, non tribalistic and hospitable igbo people so i know igbo people are not like this but i wonder the pit where they dug the ones like you on nairaland from.

But sha there is no tribe that dont have bad eggs... We Yoruba's have ours too, they are plenty over here on nairaland too.

My advice to you focus on the development of your people let us too focus on ours. Stop dragging us into your conversation, we no kill your pikin naa.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Tinubu Not Reconcile Obaseki With Oshiomole ? by StaffofOrayan(m): 9:21am On Sep 22, 2020
Kriss216:

But why don't igbos use their political wokeness in their region? U are the only region with a fulani installed governor who has recently given himself power to arrest his people,

I don't get how a people so woke to others peoples issues can be so asleep to theirs

Mind boogling

Re: Why Did Tinubu Not Reconcile Obaseki With Oshiomole ? by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 22, 2020
StaffofOrayan:

But why don't igbos use their political wokeness in their region? U are the only region with a fulani installed governor who has recently given himself power to arrest his people,

I don't get how a people so woke to others peoples issues can be so asleep to theirs

Mind boogling

Very good reply.

Most of them will go to their states and elect criminals and thieves but will come here to carry another person matter for head.

Avoid those kind of Igbos, they are historically dangerous.

Na me talk am.
Re: Why Did Tinubu Not Reconcile Obaseki With Oshiomole ? by Rodwave: 10:04am On Sep 22, 2020
U mean the bullion van thief? grin

Which ever way, he has been jagabowed. grin
Re: Why Did Tinubu Not Reconcile Obaseki With Oshiomole ? by surgical: 10:04am On Sep 22, 2020
Kriss216:

The SI unit for cowardice as stated by a nairalander
Re: Why Did Tinubu Not Reconcile Obaseki With Oshiomole ? by Aflix(m): 10:21am On Sep 22, 2020
Think9ja:
Edo people, wetin be the meaning of this ogbane weh Una de shout up and down since yesterday?

Naso one Edo chick just de shout Ogbane up and down for Arise news yesterday when de interview her

Wetin e mean abeg
Ogbane, torgba, torwagba means complete.

(1) (Reply)

Exclusive: North Central To Clinch APC Presidential Ticket In 2023 / Savage Response To Wrong Quote By Ex-vp, HE Atiku / Aliko Dangote Is Wicked And Extremely Greedy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.