Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,413 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

El-Rufai On Edo Election: "APC Was Going To Win, I Don’t Know What Happened" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai On Edo Election: "APC Was Going To Win, I Don’t Know What Happened" (44435 Views)

Salihu Lukman: How Fani-Kayode’s Defection To APC Was Stalled / Bashir El-Rufai On #EndSARS: Nigeria Does Not Begin In Lagos & Ends In Abuja / Oshiomhole, Ganduje, Yahaya Bello, El-Rufai On US Visa Ban List - Sahara R. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-Rufai On Edo Election: "APC Was Going To Win, I Don’t Know What Happened" by Kwanza: 9:03am On Sep 21, 2020
Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai on Monday suggested he was surprised at the loss of the All Progressive Congress in the recently concluded Edo State Governorship Election.

The Governor said three weeks to the election, polls indicated that the APC was set to win.

However, on Sunday, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) declared incumbent Godwin Obaseki of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as the winner of the election and Governor of the state for the next four years.

“We would have loved to win,” El-Rufai said, during an interview on Sunrise Daily. “Quite frankly I was optimistic.

“Up to three weeks ago, the polls indicated that we were going to win. I don’t know what happened in the last two, three weeks of the campaign.

“As you know, a large number of voters make up their minds in the last two weeks of election. Many voters decide, no matter what happens, this is how I am voting. But most people want to wait and watch and make up their minds in the last two weeks.

“Three weeks ago, the polls clearly showed that APC was going to win, but the results came out differently from what we expected.”

However, El-Rufai commended how the election played out and commended President Muhammadu Buhari for his policy of non-interference in elections.

“The election was reasonably decent,” he said. “We were all worried about violence; there was very little violence or none at all. So Obaseki has won, that’s it. You can’t go into an election without adverting your mind to the possibility of losing.

“And one thing President Muhammadu Buhari’s government has always done is to say that there must be free and fair election and the people’s choice must prevail.

“And the President has never used what is called Federal Might that other governments have used in the past to steal elections. We always insist that everyone should go and pitch to the people and may the best man win. And we can live with it.”

https://www.channelstv.com/2020/09/21/edo-election-apc-was-going-to-win-i-dont-know-what-happened-el-rufai/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjSA9JLOcTE

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai On Edo Election: "APC Was Going To Win, I Don’t Know What Happened" by Kriss216: 9:06am On Sep 21, 2020
Short devil the Optimist, abeg go rest. We've gone pass this era.

God bless Edo
God bless Obaseki

Shame on Ambode!

300 Likes 13 Shares

Re: El-Rufai On Edo Election: "APC Was Going To Win, I Don’t Know What Happened" by Slawormir: 9:09am On Sep 21, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright...
He shock them....

Obaseki my real niggarrr

Ambode the pussy asss niggarrr with no balls

Have been smoking since morning celebrating.....
I for say make PDP do the same for Lagos
But the big question be say... whether lagosian are ready to liberate themselves
To put an end to zombeism
Anyway..... whenever they are ready...they should inform we Edolite

330 Likes 28 Shares

Re: El-Rufai On Edo Election: "APC Was Going To Win, I Don’t Know What Happened" by Lavisha(f): 9:11am On Sep 21, 2020
mofhuckerr

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai On Edo Election: "APC Was Going To Win, I Don’t Know What Happened" by DrOBD(m): 9:12am On Sep 21, 2020
His body language says it all. Federal Govt. supported Obaseki somehow.
He said 2 to 3 weeks ago, meaning before Tinubu released the video.
He also accepted the result unlike what Gov. Hope is saying.

I see Obaseki returning to APC soon.

119 Likes 8 Shares

Re: El-Rufai On Edo Election: "APC Was Going To Win, I Don’t Know What Happened" by Racoon(m): 9:13am On Sep 21, 2020
Optimism is different from reality.If wishes were horses they said beggars will also ride them.El Rufai please face the genocide actively ongoing in Southern Kaduna.Edo no be Lagos.

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai On Edo Election: "APC Was Going To Win, I Don’t Know What Happened" by RuddyFusion(m): 9:13am On Sep 21, 2020
Lolz....all of una happy say Obaseki won...to spite thiefnibu

110 Likes 9 Shares

Re: El-Rufai On Edo Election: "APC Was Going To Win, I Don’t Know What Happened" by richiemcgold: 9:16am On Sep 21, 2020
now I'm beginning to believe in that much touted gang-up within APC. The body language of El rufai, fayemi and amaechi has summed it all.

56 Likes 7 Shares

Re: El-Rufai On Edo Election: "APC Was Going To Win, I Don’t Know What Happened" by Marine54(m): 9:16am On Sep 21, 2020
The midget terrorist was expecting the election to end leaving alot of people in body bags. ..

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-Rufai On Edo Election: "APC Was Going To Win, I Don’t Know What Happened" by 9jatriot(m): 9:18am On Sep 21, 2020
Considering the amount of damage Oshomole has inflicted on APC, they have to sanction him and expel him. He has since become a liability.

It is those 12 HOA members that followed him that I pity the most.

116 Likes 10 Shares

Re: El-Rufai On Edo Election: "APC Was Going To Win, I Don’t Know What Happened" by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 21, 2020
I'm happy Nigerians have blacklisted this short devil and Tinubu.

They kept living like tingods as is public perception no longer mattered or that there are no more consequences for actions.

Two idiots!

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: El-Rufai On Edo Election: "APC Was Going To Win, I Don’t Know What Happened" by tesppidd: 9:24am On Sep 21, 2020
APC is factionalized.

1. The Presidency faction.
2. The Tinubu faction.

The Presidency faction by their actions and inactions, helped Obaseki to win.

All in a bid to reduce Tinubu and Oshiomole.

This would be the fate of APC in 2023.
APC will destroy themselves in house.

PDP to take over in 2023.

135 Likes 12 Shares

Re: El-Rufai On Edo Election: "APC Was Going To Win, I Don’t Know What Happened" by tesppidd: 9:35am On Sep 21, 2020
9jatriot:
Considering the amount of damage Oshomole has inflicted on APC, they have to sanction him and expel him. He has since become a liability.

Oshiomole did not inflict any damage on APC.

1. His first sin was stopping Rochas from becoming senator, his wife to HOR, his son becoming governor.

2. His second sin was not supporting Amaechi who said that Magnus Abe must not contest for governor.

3. Another sin was stopping Yari from singlehandly picking a successor and shutting out Marafa and his faction in Zamfara.

4. Another sin was not allowing Aisha Buhari from having her way when her brother wanted to contest for governorship in Adamawa. His sin was insisting on a fair contest.

Is this the way that Adams destroyed the party?

One man singlehandedly destroyed the APC and his name is Buhari.

72 Likes 9 Shares

Re: El-Rufai On Edo Election: "APC Was Going To Win, I Don’t Know What Happened" by Arrewa: 9:44am On Sep 21, 2020
Awol1:
I'm happy Nigerians have blacklisted this short devil and Tinubu.

They kept living like tingods as is public perception no longer mattered or that there are no more consequences for actions.

Two idiots!
are you guys not going to focuse on your own region??

So upon all the problems facing the East.

Upon all the backwardness that is currently hitting the East.

Upon all the killings that is lately going on in that region.

Na Elrufai and Tinubu mater una carry for head.

The south east is currently the most backward region in Nigeria.

Your governors are the most useless set of governors in Nigeria.

My recent travel to the south east for a wedding, I wept for igbo land.

No good roads. No development.

Gombe of yesterday is now more developed than Anambra state.

Why are you people not holding your governors accountable for your Allocation??

Elrufai is one the best governor in Nigeria who is currently developing Kaduna State and turning it into another Abuja yet the Igbos are hating and castigating him as if he's governing any of their state.

Why are you Igbos more concern with what is happening in the north or west? While Underdevelopment is busy hitting your region.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: El-Rufai On Edo Election: "APC Was Going To Win, I Don’t Know What Happened" by frankyychiji(f): 9:49am On Sep 21, 2020
Arrewa:
ok....
This one you are not insulting Ipob, it's like bandits overran your yard last weekend.

73 Likes 7 Shares

Re: El-Rufai On Edo Election: "APC Was Going To Win, I Don’t Know What Happened" by 9jatriot(m): 9:53am On Sep 21, 2020
Everything here points to poor man management on the part of Oshiomole. A simple committee to resolve many of the issues long before elections would have reconciled all factions. Amaechi and Magnus were once friends and could easily have been made to close ranks to work together. Same with the others.
If you know PMB, you would know that party politics is not his strength which is why he usually left it to the party chairmen, but both of them failed. PMB tries to be different from OBJ and GEJ by not lording it over his party as if they were children. His hand had to be forced during the Oshiomole removal saga.
tesppidd:
Oshiomole did not inflict any damage on APC.

1. His first sin was stopping Rochas from becoming senator, his wife to HOR, his son becoming governor.

2. His second son was not supporting Amaechi who said that Magnus Abe must not contest for governor.

3. Another sin was stopping Yari from singlehandly picking a successor and shutting out Marafa and his faction in Zamfara.

4. Another sin was not allowing Aisha Buhari from having her way when her brother wanted to contest for governorship in Adamawa. His sin was insisting on a fair contest.

Is this the way that Adams destroyed the party?

One man singlehandedly destroyed the APC and his name is Buhari.

7 Likes

Re: El-Rufai On Edo Election: "APC Was Going To Win, I Don’t Know What Happened" by ShinnBet: 9:57am On Sep 21, 2020
The hang man's noose awaits you.

That I am very optimistic of.

7 Likes

Re: El-Rufai On Edo Election: "APC Was Going To Win, I Don’t Know What Happened" by tesppidd: 9:59am On Sep 21, 2020
9jatriot:
Everything here points to poor man management on the part of Oshiomole. A simple committee to resolve many of the issues long before elections would have reconciled all factions. Amaechi and Magnus were once friends and could easily have been made to close ranks to work together. Same with the others.
If you know PMB, you would know that party politics is not his strength which is why he usually left it to the party chairmen, but both of them failed. PMB tries to be different from OBJ and GEJ by not lording it over his party as if they were children. His hand had to be forced during the Oshiomole removal saga.
But you do know the nature of a typical Nigerian politician.

Full of big egos.

People who have been Governors and Senators.

The only person who can talk to them and they listen is the President.

Not Oshiomole whom most of them feel they are bigger than.

So if Buhari doesn't like to get involved, it means he is the problem that APC has.

I bet you a lot of APC will be regretting putting a man like Buhari in power in the first place.

His inaction, indifference and aloofness has destroyed the party.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-Rufai On Edo Election: "APC Was Going To Win, I Don’t Know What Happened" by ShinnBet: 10:02am On Sep 21, 2020
DrOBD:

I see Obaseki returning to APC soon.

Which APC?

That bridge has been burnt down.

Rather expect mass defection from APC to PDP.

APC is dead in Edo.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: El-Rufai On Edo Election: "APC Was Going To Win, I Don’t Know What Happened" by 9jatriot(m): 10:41am On Sep 21, 2020
Perhaps you can find a way to also put the blame of allowing Obaseki decamp on PMB? Osho employed the tactics of an activist because of his labor background to manage his party.
His combatant nature was only useful in dethroning Saraki. APC could have lost the presidency also if PMB was not on the ballot paper.
tesppidd:
But you do know the nature of a typical Nigerian politician.

Full of big egos.

People who have been Governors and Senators.

The only person who can talk to them and they listen is the President.

Not Oshiomole whom most of them feel they are bigger than.

So if Buhari doesn't like to get involved, it means he is the problem that APC has.

I bet you a lot of APC will be regretting putting a man like Buhari in power in the first place.

His inaction, indifference and aloofness has destroyed the party.
Re: El-Rufai On Edo Election: "APC Was Going To Win, I Don’t Know What Happened" by crossfm: 11:46am On Sep 21, 2020
The video is a coded message to Tinubu.

He said he was optimistic the party was going to win the election prior to 3 weeks ago.In other word's the actions and inactions of APC in the last 2 week's caused their downfall.

The video Tinubu made urging the people of Edo state to reject the governor was ill-timed. Considering the "Edo no be Lagos "slogan still fresh on the peoples mind.

If APC still want to remain relevant, they need to address their infernal conflicts.Reach out to aggrieved and neglected members for reconciliation.

They should also have a roundtable meeting with the president, so that they can address most of the antipeople policies.

22 Likes

Re: El-Rufai On Edo Election: "APC Was Going To Win, I Don’t Know What Happened" by rolams(m): 11:49am On Sep 21, 2020
Looking for way to cover up.

4 Likes

Re: El-Rufai On Edo Election: "APC Was Going To Win, I Don’t Know What Happened" by surgical: 12:19pm On Sep 21, 2020
9jatriot:

Those guys don't deserve to be honourable members,they acted very stupidly in order to show loyalty
Their type can never make laws for the good governance of the state,its good radiance to bad rubbish
Their place let another take, the state must move on

12 Likes

Re: El-Rufai On Edo Election: "APC Was Going To Win, I Don’t Know What Happened" by maisams01(m): 12:29pm On Sep 21, 2020
Racoon:
Optimism is different from reality.If wishes were horses they said beggars will also ride them.El Rufai please face the genocide actively ongoing in Southern Kaduna.Edo no be Lagos.
you get sense joor
he is indirectly also saying the election was free and fair which means even if oshiomole and ize iyamu goes to court they won't back them

11 Likes

Re: El-Rufai On Edo Election: "APC Was Going To Win, I Don’t Know What Happened" by tesppidd: 12:29pm On Sep 21, 2020
9jatriot:
Perhaps you can find a way to also put the blame of allowing Obaseki decamp on PMB? Osho employed the tactics of an activist because of his labor background to manage his party.
His combatant nature was only useful in dethroning Saraki. APC could have lost the presidency also if PMB was not on the ballot paper.
Now let us not be hypocritical.

Even if you were Adams, you would have found every way to stop Obaseki from returning.

1. Refusing to swear in 14 of my loyalists until you have succeeded in installing your speaker.

2. Paying my party ward chairman to suspend me and making me lose the party chairmanship.

3. Publicly probing the finances of my administration. .

A lot of you criticizing Oshiomole for masterminding Obaseki's exit from APC would have done far worse if you were in his shoes.

That's hypocritical.

14 Likes

Re: El-Rufai On Edo Election: "APC Was Going To Win, I Don’t Know What Happened" by Franzinni: 12:46pm On Sep 21, 2020
The people decided ... They should use this as a guide to the true feelings of the people

Nigerians are angry sir. 2023 will leave buhari permanently SHOCKED!

4 Likes

Re: El-Rufai On Edo Election: "APC Was Going To Win, I Don’t Know What Happened" by mytime24(f): 12:47pm On Sep 21, 2020
Failure happened
Re: El-Rufai On Edo Election: "APC Was Going To Win, I Don’t Know What Happened" by YorubaKinging: 12:47pm On Sep 21, 2020
The end is very near

No sinner will go unpunished

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai On Edo Election: "APC Was Going To Win, I Don’t Know What Happened" by jericco1(m): 12:48pm On Sep 21, 2020
Hahaha, checkmate, mate! grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Okoudoh Patrick Iyoha Resigns As DG Of Obaseki/Shaibu Movement, Joins APC / Customs Officer Promotes Self To CG, Asks Hameed Ali To Hand Over / Charly Boy Reacts To Alex Badeh's Death By Assassination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.