Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,013 members, 7,821,553 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

UAE May Reverse Visa Restriction On Nigerians Today Amid Airline’s Ban - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UAE May Reverse Visa Restriction On Nigerians Today Amid Airline’s Ban (31134 Views)

UAE Imposes Visa Ban On Nigerians, Rejects Applications / COVID-19: FG Relaxes Restriction On Foreign Travellers / China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UAE May Reverse Visa Restriction On Nigerians Today Amid Airline’s Ban by cococandy(f): 1:32pm On Sep 21, 2020
UAE of all places. Somewhere that has the same resources as we do playing big and tough with us because we can’t manage and equitably share what we own. Shameful.

1 Like

Re: UAE May Reverse Visa Restriction On Nigerians Today Amid Airline’s Ban by KingEzem: 1:33pm On Sep 21, 2020
Otopoooooooooooooooooooooooo it's alright
Do me I do you man no go vex.
The best thing the APC govt haVE done since took control of power FROM THE PDP
Re: UAE May Reverse Visa Restriction On Nigerians Today Amid Airline’s Ban by larryking540: 1:41pm On Sep 21, 2020
ODJ124:

Though as country we have lots of lapses..
But can't treat us like shit and go Scot free..

many people in other countries esp African countries... are dreaming of coming to Nigeria(USA of Africa) believe me...

You will not no how important Nigeria is... until u test other countries..
I swear ,most Africa can't stay a day or a week without discussing about nigeria ,
Re: UAE May Reverse Visa Restriction On Nigerians Today Amid Airline’s Ban by Exmay(m): 2:04pm On Sep 21, 2020
Bkayyy:
What I want to ask is Nigeria an Arab country?
What concerns us with issue of UAE deal with Israel that we have to pick side with the Arabs.
They can fool simpletons with Corona and other nonsense as their reason for banning Emirates but we know the truth, it has to do with Israel and UAE deal

Your comment would have been sensible if Nigeria had no diplomatic relationship with Isreal. However, we do have a very good relationship with Isreal.
So my advise for you, I try to conduct your in-depth research before commenting on NL. We are not dummys.
Re: UAE May Reverse Visa Restriction On Nigerians Today Amid Airline’s Ban by jrusky(m): 2:05pm On Sep 21, 2020
proeast:
Nice one!
Extend same reciprocity and deal decisively with Ghana and Congo for shitting on Nigeria. That's how you earn respect from others and not by demanding it!!!

One bottle of champagne for you bro. Enough of Mr too nice. Ghana and Congo are just very fortunate the person in Aso Rock is no longer a action Buhari of then they are trying these mess with by now they would have understand.

Haven't said these its time to end too nice a nation logo and burn it off. Strike me I strike you, hit me I hit you man no go vex, case settle.

2 Likes

Re: UAE May Reverse Visa Restriction On Nigerians Today Amid Airline’s Ban by fashrola(m): 2:24pm On Sep 21, 2020
Dizzyrascal:
The only problem I have with this is battering of our national image by the activities of some Nigerians overseas.

They open it up only for the same said elements to go out there and embarrass us even further. We should put in measures to ensure that Nigerians travelling out would be Nigerians that are going out to add value and not bring shame. Something has to give.

How would you know? dem dey write am for forehead? Because Nigerians are committing atrocities does not mean other countries aint doing the same... When it comes to Cyberfraud.... US, China, UK are the leaders.... Nigerians just dey appear for news cause he's from Africa

1 Like

Re: UAE May Reverse Visa Restriction On Nigerians Today Amid Airline’s Ban by Litmus: 2:29pm On Sep 21, 2020
Nigeria can do without UAE. Nigeria should learn to be less tolerant of nations from whom Nigeria gains nothing but cheek e.g. Ghana, Congo South Africa and Malaysia.

I’ll never understand why Nigeria is this tolerant; what does Nigeria gain from South Africa? Nathing; from Ghana, nathing; Congo, nathing; Malaysia, nathing; even when Nigeria orders military vessels from, say, UAE, we do so out of goodwill not because we aren’t able to make procumbent elsewhere…
Re: UAE May Reverse Visa Restriction On Nigerians Today Amid Airline’s Ban by emmy512: 2:36pm On Sep 21, 2020
Bkayyy:
What concerns us with issue of UAE deal with Israel that we have to pick side with the Arabs.
They can fool simpletons with Corona and other nonsense as their reason for banning Emirates but we know the truth, it has to do with Israel and UAE deal
Who b this kid
Re: UAE May Reverse Visa Restriction On Nigerians Today Amid Airline’s Ban by ODJ124(m): 2:48pm On Sep 21, 2020
larryking540:

I swear ,most Africa can't stay a day or a week without discussing about nigeria ,

loud it.... we can't even appreciate what we have..
Re: UAE May Reverse Visa Restriction On Nigerians Today Amid Airline’s Ban by dasparrow: 2:48pm On Sep 21, 2020
I am loving what the Nigerian government is doing. Kudos to them. It is time Nigeria stands up and protects the interests of her citizens. Reciprocity is the way forward. What is good for the goose is equally good for the gander.

2 Likes

Re: UAE May Reverse Visa Restriction On Nigerians Today Amid Airline’s Ban by kkfada(m): 2:50pm On Sep 21, 2020
Power of naija!!!only if we know the power we have globally.
Re: UAE May Reverse Visa Restriction On Nigerians Today Amid Airline’s Ban by dasparrow: 2:50pm On Sep 21, 2020
ODJ124:

loud it.... we can't even appreciate what we have..

A time is coming when Nigerians will appreciate Nigeria. A lot of countries especially in the West are gradually sinking. The reason most Nigerians don't know this fact is because they are misinformed.

2 Likes

Re: UAE May Reverse Visa Restriction On Nigerians Today Amid Airline’s Ban by ODJ124(m): 2:53pm On Sep 21, 2020
dasparrow:

A time is coming when Nigerians will appreciate Nigeria. A lot of countries especially in the West are gradually sinking. The reason most Nigerians don't know this fact is because they are misinformed.
I swr most Nigerians don't even do their own personal research.. they are only based on hear say..
Just like they believe everything the west says about Russia
Re: UAE May Reverse Visa Restriction On Nigerians Today Amid Airline’s Ban by standard4living: 2:56pm On Sep 21, 2020
So naija get power like this?

Abeg let's do more so that they go respect us wella

1 Like

Re: UAE May Reverse Visa Restriction On Nigerians Today Amid Airline’s Ban by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 21, 2020
Great. Stop begging for respect, do something decisive to anyone who thinks we're a doormat

1 Like

Re: UAE May Reverse Visa Restriction On Nigerians Today Amid Airline’s Ban by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 21, 2020
dingbang:
Very good.

But then again, Nigerians dey Bleep up.

You go to another man's country and begin to misbehave, causing civil unrest, practising cultism and killing people in another man' country. That is the main reason for the visa ban

The Federal Government of Nigeria should warn her citizens who travel to UAE to mess up the country to desist from such actions or else face any sanctions meted against them by the UAE government.

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

the same way Arabs and Europeans came to Africa and shiit on everything. Nobody is a saint.

1 Like

Re: UAE May Reverse Visa Restriction On Nigerians Today Amid Airline’s Ban by jaxxy(m): 3:36pm On Sep 21, 2020
aremuforlife:
Just because fg stood man to man with them. Some if our nairalanders are already happy because of the ban.

There is no genuine reason for such general ban on Nigerians so yes the Fg did well on this and it’s only stupid people that wud be happy with such redundant ban on Nigerians.
Re: UAE May Reverse Visa Restriction On Nigerians Today Amid Airline’s Ban by Dizzyrascal(m): 3:44pm On Sep 21, 2020
fashrola:

How would you know? dem dey write am for forehead? Because Nigerians are committing atrocities does not mean other countries aint doing the same... When it comes to Cyberfraud.... US, China, UK are the leaders.... Nigerians just dey appear for news cause he's from Africa
Regardless, people who carry out fraudulent activities spoil the image of the country faster than those doing good things outside the shores of the country.

Do you know that in Dubai right now Nigerians are not getting jobs any longer? The chances of getting a regular job in many other Asian countries are dwindling by the day due to the activities of these elements.

How many times has a Nigerian doctor in Dubai doing his job well gotten front page news coverage? Not too many times, why? Because that is what is expected in every proper working society. But what happens when even a single Nigerian is caught doing criminal activities? The whole world is informed, why? Because that is how negative information spreads. Negative information spreads faster than positive ones.

If you go through my earlier statement that you quoted, you will discover that I was only making a point. It was not an indictment on all, but an admonition to the few.
Re: UAE May Reverse Visa Restriction On Nigerians Today Amid Airline’s Ban by tamdun: 4:10pm On Sep 21, 2020
Bkayyy:
Wasted...
Re: UAE May Reverse Visa Restriction On Nigerians Today Amid Airline’s Ban by hausatv: 4:32pm On Sep 21, 2020
Sudan ready to normalize ties with Israel in return for $3bn
http://en.hausatv.com/news/content/19704
Sudan may join the UAE and Bahrain in normalizing relations with Israel in return for over $3 billion in economic aid, a new report reveals.
A “decisive” meeting is to be held in Abu Dhabi on Monday on a possible normalization agreement between Sudan and Israel, a report by the American news website Axios revealed on Sunday, citing Sudanese sources.

According to the report, an announcement on a normalization agreement with Israel similar to the ones struck with the UAE and Bahrain could be made within days if Washington and Abu Dhabi accommodate Khartoum’s request.

What Sudan demands is more than $3 billion in humanitarian assistance and direct budgetary aid in order to deal with an economic crisis and fallout from devastating floods, as well as a commitment by the US and the UAE to providing Sudan with economic aid over the next three years.

In addition to economic aid, the Sudanese government wants the Trump administration to remove Sudan from the US State Department's state sponsors of terrorism list. This issue is indirectly connected to the normalization deal with Israel.

The Monday talks are to be attended by National Security Council's senior director for Middle Eastern Affairs Directorate, Brig. Gen. Miguel Correa, Emirati national security adviser Tahnoun bin Zayed, and members of the civilian and military branches of the Sudanese government, mainly the chief of staff to Prime Minister Abdalla Hamdok and Minister of Justice Nasredeen Abdulbari, who is also a US citizen.

Correa was the American official involved in the efforts to draft the Israel-UAE agreement, and Tahnoun bin Zayed is also in charge of the UAE's talks with Tel Aviv.

Axios says Israel is following Monday’s meeting very closely. Since the meeting between Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu and the chairman of the Sudanese Sovereignty Council Lt. Gen. Abdel Fattah al-Burhan last February in Uganda, both countries continued quiet talks on the possibility of normalization.

The issue of normalization between Sudan and Israel was raised last Tuesday in a meeting in Washington between Netanyahu and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.

The Monday meeting is to be held on the sidelines of Burhan’s trip to Abu Dhabi. However, Burhan only represents the military faction of the Sudanese government. The civilian faction and Prime Minister Hamdok had reservations about the move for a long time out of concern for domestic protests.

The United Arab Emirates and Bahrain signed controversial normalization agreements with Israel at the White House last week amid outrage across Palestine and elsewhere throughout the Muslim world at the Arab regimes’ sheer betrayal of the Palestinian cause.

The deals were signed between Emirati and Bahraini Foreign Ministers, Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Abdullatif bin Rashid Al Zayani, and Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. US President Donald Trump also penned his blessing into the accords.

With the US-brokered deals, the UAE and Bahrain have become only the third and fourth Arab states to ever normalize their relations with Israel after Egypt and Jordan.
Re: UAE May Reverse Visa Restriction On Nigerians Today Amid Airline’s Ban by Foolishbuhari: 5:28pm On Sep 21, 2020
When I heard the news, I said this was the best decision the buhari led FG ever made. You don't let people shit on your head in the international community because your people in the diaspora would be the ones to feel the heat!

A friend was scammed with fake travel documents to Mauritius and was deported back to Nigeria. For no reason, the immigration police at Dubai beat him to stupor whereas there were other people from other countries even ordinary Gabon who were being treated with respect. But the Nigerian was treated like a slave!

Nigeria now has to apply the policy of duplicity to Ghana, South Africa and the Congo and others who would tow their path. We are not the worse people on earth and should be treated with respect!

1 Like

Re: UAE May Reverse Visa Restriction On Nigerians Today Amid Airline’s Ban by kutashi: 6:13pm On Sep 21, 2020
Bkayyy:

Oga! Which weed are you on? Wetin concern UAE-Israel deal for this matter? I think that what your pastor told you yesterday! U may never wake up from your MuMu state of of mind!

1 Like

Re: UAE May Reverse Visa Restriction On Nigerians Today Amid Airline’s Ban by larryking540: 8:03pm On Sep 21, 2020
dasparrow:

yeah that's true ,
Re: UAE May Reverse Visa Restriction On Nigerians Today Amid Airline’s Ban by Basalt(m): 10:14pm On Sep 21, 2020
dingbang:
Very good.

But then again, Nigerians dey Bleep up.

You go to another man's country and begin to misbehave, causing civil unrest, practising cultism and killing people in another man' country. That is the main reason for the visa ban

The Federal Government of Nigeria should warn her citizens who travel to UAE to mess up the country to desist from such actions or else face any sanctions meted against them by the UAE government.

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

That's why I love Germany, they don't give them chance for any shit here.
Try nonsense and see Polizei flood your compound. They don't have time to ban the entire country, they deal specifically with any individual that misbehaves.
Re: UAE May Reverse Visa Restriction On Nigerians Today Amid Airline’s Ban by d33types: 10:52pm On Sep 21, 2020
Bkayyy:

Don't be a simpleton.

UAE imposed a visa ban on Nigerians. Restriction of Emirates airlines is an even smaller retaliatory measure

1 Like

Re: UAE May Reverse Visa Restriction On Nigerians Today Amid Airline’s Ban by dc23(m): 10:55pm On Sep 21, 2020
[color=#990000][/color] Very useless countermeasure. In the first place Nigeria is on a lot of no fly lists so if even the airline landed in Nigeria they won't be getting any approved customers. After all, much of the traffic is Nigerian.

The UAE ban effectively limited the business of any carrier flying that corridor.
Re: UAE May Reverse Visa Restriction On Nigerians Today Amid Airline’s Ban by TJMighty(m): 11:28pm On Sep 21, 2020
I noticed nobody ever mentioned President Muhammadu Buhari's name except giving kudos to the federal government but if it's anything that goes other way even some we don't know deeply that favours the interest of the masses everybody would have been clamouring his name giving him all sorts of insults.. To me he's trying.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lorry Falls On A Bus Carrying Students Of FGGC, Oyo, 4 Dead (Pics) / My First Time Outside Nigeria / My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.