Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,313 members, 7,822,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

How Has The Value Of Naira Affected Your Travel Plans - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Has The Value Of Naira Affected Your Travel Plans (1020 Views)

Network Glitch At MMA Disrupt Passengers' Travel Plans (photos) / Nigerians Suspend Travel Plans To US, Europe As Economy Tickets Hit N2.2m / How Has The Ban On Keke And Okada In Lagos Affected You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Has The Value Of Naira Affected Your Travel Plans by Stephenmoka4(m): 4:29pm On Sep 21, 2020
With the current economic situation and value of our local currency. Do you change, forfeit or stick with your travel plans ?

It is possible you have a budget for a future travel event (study, vacation e.t.c.), only to find out when things are close to the travel date that your budget (in naira) is not worth/enough the exchange rate of the desired country. Sad.

How has the value of naira really affected your travel plans.

Re: How Has The Value Of Naira Affected Your Travel Plans by KendrickAyomide: 4:40pm On Sep 21, 2020
No. Not at all

The difference is not that Much
Re: How Has The Value Of Naira Affected Your Travel Plans by Stephenmoka4(m): 7:01pm On Sep 21, 2020
KendrickAyomide:
No. Not at all

The difference is not that Much
Really, when receiving money from top countries it's a fortune but, when spending money (naira) over there it's like breaking the bank here.
Re: How Has The Value Of Naira Affected Your Travel Plans by ecomalchemist(m): 7:10pm On Sep 21, 2020
Naira no get value again, man is weak man.

Best bet is receive forex from abroad and convert it, live like a KING !!!
Re: How Has The Value Of Naira Affected Your Travel Plans by KendrickAyomide: 9:55pm On Sep 21, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
Really, when receiving money from top countries it's a fortune but, when spending money (naira) over there it's like breaking the bank here.
That has always been the issue. Only that buhari worsen everything. If you have at least 10k usd just change it to dollars and keep in your account. That's if you want to travel, because our currency no stable.
Re: How Has The Value Of Naira Affected Your Travel Plans by Stephenmoka4(m): 10:20pm On Sep 21, 2020
KendrickAyomide:
That has always been the issue. Only that buhari worsen everything. If you have at least 10k usd just change it to dollars and keep in your account. That's if you want to travel, because our currency no stable.
Then for German block account 8000 Euros was around N2M in Goodluck J. era, now it's worth X2 of that amount. I know some that wanted to travel but, the value of their fund keep dropping till they gave up.
Re: How Has The Value Of Naira Affected Your Travel Plans by KendrickAyomide: 10:55pm On Sep 21, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
Then for German block account 8000 Euros was around N2M in Goodluck J. era, now it's worth X2 of that amount. I know some that wanted to travel but, the value of their fund keep dropping till they gave up.
too bad menn
If he had that 8000 euros in Euro, e for no affect am. I hope you get my point
Re: How Has The Value Of Naira Affected Your Travel Plans by Stephenmoka4(m): 9:26am On Sep 22, 2020
KendrickAyomide:
too bad menn
If he had that 8000 euros in Euro, e for no affect am. I hope you get my point
Yeah surely.
Re: How Has The Value Of Naira Affected Your Travel Plans by Ganjafama(m): 4:43am On Nov 20, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
With the current economic situation and value of our local currency. Do you change, forfeit or stick with your travel plans ?

It is possible you have a budget for a future travel event (study, vacation e.t.c.), only to find out when things are close to the travel date that your budget (in naira) is not worth/enough the exchange rate of the desired country. Sad.

How has the value of naira really affected your travel plans.
Goodmorningbro , pls can you fund I need the transaction done before 2pm because of PFP . If you can do let me know so that I can send the airtime and you do the funding. Sorry for posting this in the travel section.
Re: How Has The Value Of Naira Affected Your Travel Plans by Stephenmoka4(m): 7:58am On Nov 20, 2020
Ganjafama:
Goodmorningbro , pls can you fund.
Airtime unavailable
Re: How Has The Value Of Naira Affected Your Travel Plans by Ganjafama(m): 8:24am On Nov 20, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
Airtime unavailable
What are the available funding options ?
Re: How Has The Value Of Naira Affected Your Travel Plans by Stephenmoka4(m): 8:36am On Nov 20, 2020
Ganjafama:
What are the available funding options ?
Bank transfer but, I'll require ID and PW, if you're comfortable with that
Re: How Has The Value Of Naira Affected Your Travel Plans by Ganjafama(m): 3:36pm On Nov 20, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
Bank transfer but, I'll require ID and PW, if you're comfortable with that
A friend has funded me. Thanks for your prompt response. I'll surely patronise you soon.

(1) (Reply)

Canada Invites 4,500 Express Entry Candidates, Promises To Accept More Immigrant / This issue has been resolved. Case closed / A Side Of Ghana I Never Knew Existed! (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.