Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,347 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:06 AM

Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own (98698 Views)

Rabat, The Capital City Of Morocco Looks Like Europe / The Sleeping Lady Mountain In Alaska: Real Or Fake? (Photo) / A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own by Rejoice28(f): 8:15pm On Sep 21, 2020
Yes it's a nice place to be,but make sure you come with a very thick sweater embarassed I almost died of cold
Re: Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 21, 2020
I wonder what would become of that place if ABA BOYS should relocate to that place....

1 Like

Re: Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own by dalass(f): 8:18pm On Sep 21, 2020
Kenn55:
Nigerians have a unique character. The elites and political class do not want to share any space with the average Nigerian. This is why they do not value anything in Nigeria no matter how good it is. The set of people who can afford to patronize these places will always prefer to go abroad and snap their pictures, put it on Instagram and bloggers will blog with caption "XYZ spotted in London", "XYZ holidaying in Atlanta" etc They are happy because the common man cannot go to London and Atlanta.

Imagine if the elites and political class patronize these places and help popularize it, "XYZ spotted in Obudu Mountain Resort", Instead of Buhari going to London for vacation as he used to, the caption will be "Buhari vacations at Obudu Mountain Resort". The average people will start getting attracted and seeing value in these places. At least they can save and vacation there even if it is for one night. The knowledge that Nigerian big boys and girls also vacation there will bring in a lot of the ordinary people which will make it boom. But unfortunately, the Nigerian elites will never go to places where there are possibilities of sharing spaces with the ordinary Nigerians. In Nigeria, class is everything.

Carry this exact Obudu Mountain Resort and put it in say Europe or America, you will how Nigerians will start going there and snapping pictures for people in Nigeria to see and salivate. grin

Exactly, our FG is not interested even in our own stuffs.... Except agric produce and cattle from north
Re: Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own by Nobody: 8:19pm On Sep 21, 2020
It is beautiful but the things that attract tourist are not just beauty they also need safety and ease of living a place should issue arises. You can boast of those two factors anywhere in Nigeria.
Re: Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own by LOVEGINO(m): 8:19pm On Sep 21, 2020
100Caliber:
The super highway is great if only it will not disrupt the wildlife and nature , But I just think Cross River does not have the funds to accomplish a lot since they lost the oil wells to Akwa ibom ,but the Governor is trying his best .
"But I just think Cross River does not have the funds to accomplish a lot since they lost the oil wells to Akwa ibom" u re just not a Nigerian. No prophet, imam or babalawo can convince me.
Re: Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own by codecyan(m): 8:19pm On Sep 21, 2020
Obudu Cattle Ranch is a great place. Every part of the ranch is unique and I have been unable to get a replica in Nigeria. I vividly remember the walk on the hills in which I could touch the clouds. The rolling bridge with across the valley, the waterfalls...its such a nice experience. I visited the ranch in 2012. Then insecurity was not what it is now. Back then it was pricey. A plate of food then for couple was N5000.....I was like wow....that was just oats and plantain.
After lunch, I rushed down to the village below to buy a stove, yam, bread and condiments for less than N5000. The rooms are very big and airy. You do not need an air conditioner. In fact, I had to light the fire place to warm the room.
Its a great place to go. The 3 days I stayed cost me N120,000 for lodging alone in 2012. I hired a 2 bedroom bungalow. The food for was N5000 for 2 after which I started cooking myself. I think the management need to work on the publicity/marketing. Also the resort needs to be pocket friendly and the state Government partner with a local airline to restore flights back to the airstrip.
The ranch is a major revenue earner if managed properly.
Re: Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own by Kheney89: 8:22pm On Sep 21, 2020
These pictures are old ones na....are you sure you went to obudu of resent?....that' place is in comatose...the governor wants to build a resort at Obanliku when he can't even manage the one at hand. It's pathetic!!

1 Like

Re: Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 21, 2020
LOVEGINO:
"But I just think Cross River does not have the funds to accomplish a lot since they lost the oil wells to Akwa ibom" u re just not a Nigerian. No prophet, imam or babalawo can convince me.
which of my statement is false ?
Re: Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own by Nnamebuka: 8:24pm On Sep 21, 2020
100Caliber:
Since Nigerians prefer to vacation in Europe so i use Europe in comparison
You have consistently ignored those asking what it'll cost them to vacation there only to be responding to unimportant quotes.

It does seem to me that you are lying. You didn't visit and even if ever you did you didn't pass night there. So what's the essence of creating this thread if you're not going share pertinent information regarding the resort with interested ones?
Re: Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own by winkmart: 8:25pm On Sep 21, 2020
ok
Re: Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own by Estellie: 8:26pm On Sep 21, 2020
Woww! it's beautiful o...

I can't believe I was in Calabar buh laziness didn't let me visit this place plus the name is a turnoff actually grin obudu cattle ranch? hell no! D

Woww they even have a pool... Omg! Calabar here I come..
Re: Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own by LOVEGINO(m): 8:26pm On Sep 21, 2020
100Caliber:
which of my statement is false ?
"does not have the fund"
Re: Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own by LOVEGINO(m): 8:28pm On Sep 21, 2020
Estellie:
Woww! it's beautiful o...

I can't believe I was in Calabar buh laziness didn't let me visit this place plus the name is a turnoff actually grin been think say na cattle go full the place grin

Woww they even have a pool... Omg! Calabar here I come..
I for be ur neighbour. I just can't wait to be there.
Re: Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own by Nnamebuka: 8:28pm On Sep 21, 2020
princefrank76:
A night lodging at the ranch is 25k minimum..!
I was there two weeks ago.
As a matter of fact obudu is my L.G.A
But brace yourself for cold especially at night and early hours of the day..!

U can contact me if u have an interest of visiting the ranch.
Here are my digits 08128431699

This is what we're talking about @ 100Calibre. Thank you bro

3 Likes

Re: Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own by ola4laef: 8:29pm On Sep 21, 2020
100Caliber:
I was at Obudu Mountain Resort recently and had a good time. I saw some foreign people there too. The place still looks very beautiful like Europe despite low domestic patronage . Maybe they need good managers and marketing team, and a good road network connection.
I've come to realize that average Nigerians just don' have the spending power ,and that's why most businesses like Resorts and shopping centers don't thrive too well .

A business thrives when local and foreign consumers combine, It won't thrive if it's only patronized by foreign. Even rich Nigerians prefer to vacation abroad. The Nigerian spending power is too low and needs to be boosted before such places can thrive.

The idea of resorts and national parks like Tinapa, Obudu Mountain resort, Cross river National park, etc. are great, if not for the low spending power of average Nigerian.
For now, it's just a shame.
Re: Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own by SwitChocolate(m): 8:30pm On Sep 21, 2020
favour32:

Na so dem dey talk.
One wey one of my friends involve nothing come out with his creative writing.

One of your friends. Smiles. I make millions yearly. Carry your beer parlour gossip out of my domain
Re: Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own by chronology(f): 8:30pm On Sep 21, 2020
Have been here five times even when some Nollywood actors came to use the resort for acting. The place is very cool, the weather everything there

My brother if them wanna kill person for inside no body go know very wide
Re: Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own by Sabadon(m): 8:34pm On Sep 21, 2020
l created a thread earlier on something similar, but couldnt get response about my enquiries so please guys, i need your help

Good day nairalanders, i hope we re all doing good please i really need an idea what camping in obudu ranch/resort feels like, i am helping plan a 3 to 4 days honey moon for my close pal(a trip for just two), as part of the logistic team i need get all necessary info i can as per cost of lodging,tour guide and other miscellaneous. please help share your experience as it ll really go a long way in helping distribute our mini budget across board
i trust i ll get positive feedback,waiting in anticipation. #Thanks guys
ps. further questions re welcomed as i might not have captured every detail in my write up
Re: Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 21, 2020
Kheney89:
These pictures are old ones na....are you sure you went to obudu of resent?....that' place is in comatose...the governor wants to build a resort at Obanliku when he can't even manage the one at hand. It's pathetic!!
I didn't know the governor wants ot build another resort , misplaced priority if so
Re: Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own by Kayharry(m): 8:35pm On Sep 21, 2020
It's actually hard to get there it took us almost 6 hours to get there from Calabar airport
Government need to create easy access to get there, perhaps a train from airport

1 Like

Re: Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own by favour32(m): 8:36pm On Sep 21, 2020
SwitChocolate:

One of your friends. Smiles. I make millions yearly. Carry your beer parlour gossip out of my domain
Make your millions alone and stop disturbing others.

1 Like

Re: Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own by SwitChocolate(m): 8:38pm On Sep 21, 2020
favour32:

Make your millions alone and stop disturbing others.

Poor people. How does my expression disturb or affect the you. You slave. Did I near your domain. Covetousness will lead you to your doom. Dufos.
Re: Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own by Sabadon(m): 8:38pm On Sep 21, 2020
codecyan:
Obudu Cattle Ranch is a great place. Every part of the ranch is unique and I have been unable to get a replica in Nigeria. I vividly remember the walk on the hills in which I could touch the clouds. The rolling bridge with across the valley, the waterfalls...its such a nice experience. I visited the ranch in 2012. Then insecurity was not what it is now. Back then it was pricey. A plate of food then for couple was N5000.....I was like wow....that was just oats and plantain.
After lunch, I rushed down to the village below to buy a stove, yam, bread and condiments for less than N5000. The rooms are very big and airy. You do not need an air conditioner. In fact, I had to light the fire place to warm the room.
Its a great place to go. The 3 days I stayed cost me N120,000 for lodging alone in 2012. I hired a 2 bedroom bungalow. The food for was N5000 for 2 after which I started cooking myself. I think the management need to work on the publicity/marketing. Also the resort needs to be pocket friendly and the state Government partner with a local airline to restore flights back to the airstrip.
The ranch is a major revenue earner if managed properly.

bro please can we talk privately?
Re: Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 21, 2020
This place looks very much like a foreign resort centre. I'm sure an average Nigerian will believe if he's told this place is Norway.
Re: Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own by anonimi: 8:39pm On Sep 21, 2020
konkonbilo:
For work and leisure.

Can I confess that I am jealous? grin
Enjoy bros.

1 Like

Re: Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own by harmony75: 8:41pm On Sep 21, 2020
really a nice place �
Re: Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own by favour32(m): 8:41pm On Sep 21, 2020
SwitChocolate:

Poor people. How does my expression disturb or affect the you. You slave. Did I near your domain. Covetousness will lead you to your doom. Dufos.
You will continue to suffer except you change your attitude.
That pains will never leave you.
Re: Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own by favour32(m): 8:42pm On Sep 21, 2020
SwitChocolate:

You will continue to suffer except you change your attitude.
Pains will never leave you.
You can never achieve a fraction of what I have got over the years.
You are beneath my last son's excreta!
You can never be something in life!
My business is handled by my workers.
I can spend 365 days online cursing you with maximum effect without stress.
Re: Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own by Estellie: 8:45pm On Sep 21, 2020
LOVEGINO:
I for be ur neighbour. I just can't wait to be there.
I can't wait too.. I'm thinking December.

Look at that pool, nature views. kuku kee me
Re: Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own by Sagay212: 8:46pm On Sep 21, 2020
It's actually a beautiful place. You'll love it when you visit
Re: Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own by Jaqenhghar: 8:50pm On Sep 21, 2020
[center][/center]n
100Caliber:
I was at Obudu Mountain Resort recently and had a good time. I saw some foreign people there too. The place still looks very beautiful like Europe despite low domestic patronage . Maybe they need good managers and marketing team, and a good road network connection.
I've come to realize that average Nigerians just don' have the spending power ,and that's why most businesses like Resorts and shopping centers don't thrive too well .

A business thrives when local and foreign consumers combine, It won't thrive if it's only patronized by foreign. Even rich Nigerians prefer to vacation abroad. The Nigerian spending power is too low and needs to be boosted before such places can thrive.

The idea of resorts and national parks like Tinapa, Obudu Mountain resort, Cross river National park, etc. are great, if not for the low spending power of average Nigerian.
For now, it's just a shame.
So the french man that travels to Kenya for holidays or the american that travels to Asia is also suffering inferiority complex abi. Na by force to siddon for one place? Last ime I checked we are not trees

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) / My Trip From Lagos To Ethiopia, Kenya And Mauritius Island / Onitsha Niger Bridge In 1967 And 2019 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.