Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,860 members, 7,866,316 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 02:53 PM

Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times (49518 Views)

Why Tinubu failed to Deliver Speech At COP28 - The Cable / I'm Too Confident Of Victory - Tinubu Says As He Votes In Lagos / Edo Victory: Is INEC On The Path Of Glory Again? - Segun Showunmi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by TONIOI: 7:12am On Sep 22, 2020
NGpatriot:
What history are the ignorant people talking about?

Let me school you, this is the real history.

Tinubu fought and defeated OBJ

Tinubu fought and defeated GEJ

Tinubu all by himself wrestled SW away from the PDP, the ruling party and the so called largest political party in Nigeria

Tinubu ejected the PDP/Ruling party from power

Tinubu remains the most powerful and influential politician and Nigerian alive and this is the reason why you can not stop writing, lamenting and crying over him everyday.

PDP was a bystander, a mare tool, a means to an end for Obaseki, what happened in Edo was an outcome of APC internal disagreements which they eventually will settle, reconcile and move on.

and he will eject him self out of politics with the recent way he is acting if he does not thread carefully , no matter how brave and tuff u are , when u are getting old , other giants will defiantly rise , if u don't use wisdom to dance along with them u will fall aside , once upon a time tinubu sponsored a protest against GEJ around ojota back then , which everyone danced along with him , now the present president he gave d masses is not meeting up with expectations of the pipo , and he kept mute as if he knows nothing about it, now Edo state election came up he came out like a wind from no where and want to decide the fate of another people entirely, he is doing more harm to him self than good , according to what I read last week , northerners are already laughing at him and he is making it worse
Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by Xfemt(m): 7:14am On Sep 22, 2020
DEROX:
see obsession on just one man o lol I have seen up to 21 threads today by one tribe against him wow
must every tin be tribalism to u pple

Wht does Yoruba Ve DAT others don't Ve

re u Yoruba's ok at all angry
Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by Ogbuu101: 7:19am On Sep 22, 2020
Wollykayb:
Haaaa grin
Its not easy to destroy an incumbent president
Its not easy to destroy the hope of the miscreant pigs who wanted to produced VP but Tinubu turned their Obi into Obituary

I can understand the frustration nd obsession from nyamirin pigs

Slave of PDP are crying against 2023 that the Northerners have already counted them unworthy
The writer of the article is Temidayo Akinboyo of premium times, never knew that's a nyamiri name now.
Nyamiri must be pursuing you in your dreams.
Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by AustineJohn908(m): 7:19am On Sep 22, 2020
Felincous:

Their conspiracy will bring so many people against them . It's been very long I discuss politics on Nairaland but then these people are really getting on my nerves as if they won presidential election.Stupid ipobians
Lol. you just stupid I swear. so everybody that don't like Tinubu is Ipob/igbo in your eyes?
Even the Edolites that rejected him?
Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by Xfemt(m): 7:22am On Sep 22, 2020
NGpatriot:

Tinubu all by himself wrestled SW away from the PDP, the ruling party and the so called largest political party in Nigeria

Tinubu remains the most powerful and influential politician and Nigerian alive and this is the reason why you can not stop writing, lamenting and crying over him everyday.

PDP was a bystander, a mare tool, a means to an end for Obaseki, what happened in Edo was an outcome of APC internal disagreements which they eventually will settle, reconcile and move on.
stop deceiving ur self
tinubu did nothing
all those things u see and feel he achieved was a collective effort of other big wings in Nigeria political space eg saraki, atiku, kwankwaso, Buhari, amaechi, ngigi etc

even obasanjo helped tinubu to destabilize PDP

since all dis big wings left APC tell one major achievement tinubu has made since 2015. it not about tribe bro
Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by Blackking98(m): 7:36am On Sep 22, 2020
emkz:
People fail to realize that Obaseki was the one that started the attacks by saying Edo no be Lagos and called out Tinubu. He still used his own two legs to go and see the same Tinubu in Lagos to intervene in the crisis. These things made Tinubu an interested party.

Tinubu came out to openly support the candidate of his party, and he was the only top APC leaders that did so. Is there anything wrong with that? I do not think so, but I'd have advised more tack and shrewdness. The way the APC governors rallied around Yahaya Bello (who is the worst governor in Nigeria imho) was not the way they rallied around Ize-Iyamu, and it was largely Oshiomole's fault for demarketing Ize-Iyamu beyond repair. He must have learnt the impossibility of single-handedly installing a governor now. He too must have gone underground immediately and worked to enhance the victory of Ize-Iyamu. I am sure he overrated himself considering how hard he worked as governor. Yet, indiscretion must be limited.

Back to Tinubu, one thing I have realized is that Tinubu is not gifted with oratory, but I will commend him for his loyalty to Oshiomole, same way I'd commend Shaibu for sticking on with Obaseki and same way Oshiomole was loyal to President Buhari and Tinubu who supported him. Let's face it, Obaseki bit the finger that fed him, and what is the guarantee that he won't bite the fingers that fed him this time (the Edo people), or can we not use past behaviour to predict future outcomes?

Tinubu took sides and his party lost. Is it proper for us to mock him? Didn't his preferred candidates lose the leadership of the national assembly in 2015? Didn't he lose out in Ondo State? Look, if you have a politician whose men are vice president, house speaker, CoS to the VP, former FIRS chair, ministers of works, interior, health, youth and sports, etc; I don't consider such a politician a failure. As of now, Tinubu is the strongest politician and a rallying point in the South, but his main opposition comes from the South. If he were of Northern extraction, he'd be respected like President Buhari pre-2015. If Tinubu is out of the scene, who would be the top politician in southern Nigeria? Who?

And Tinubu too needs to understand that he needn't fight every battle. Sometimes, it is best to activate your political machinery than to be seen directly involved.
Was Jonathan a jagaban in bayelsa before he became president, heck even obj wasn't liked by his own people, those are two southern presidents who didn't need to be jagaban in their area .
You're now calling "south" meanwhile when the going was good you called the SS and SE inconsequential now you're calling "south".
Rest huncle, I pray APC produces tinubu as presidential candidate so PDP can take it easily.
Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by Born2Breed(f): 7:45am On Sep 22, 2020
Tinubu thought his video will sway voters but that was his Achilles hills.

Testing the waters that are way deeper than him.

Despite all the vote-buying by APC agents, they lost.
Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by AmazingELixir: 7:48am On Sep 22, 2020
fjjc:
Well, this is a very painful one, but I know Obaseki should trend softly, because, APC can still approach court not on the matter of the election, but on his eligibility of contesting for this election being disqualified from APC primary, if court sack him there is nothing anybody can do. Even US that has is own electoral problem to manage, will not be able to save him.

Obaseki did not make it to the primaries , he was screened out prior to the primary election.
Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by Awoo88: 7:49am On Sep 22, 2020
Wollykayb:

Tinubu have really dealt with their masters thts why the children are crying grin

You can see how they are celebrating ordinary Wike for Edo election but discrediting Tinubu for several victories he has achieved since 1999

Its not easy to destroy president, Senate president, governors etc
I get am before syndrome!! Get help abeg
Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by musa234(m): 7:55am On Sep 22, 2020
Some Yorubas are making more enemies for Mr tinubu with the way they brag on the internet. We are watching from our closet and also laughing. Time shall tell how far.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by KunleyY19(m): 7:59am On Sep 22, 2020
rotadeco27:

When will u stop deceiving yourself? Other than Lagos Tinubu is inconsequential in the southwest . He is likely to implicate any candidate he supports as the case of Edo. Why APC has free ride in 2015 was because people were tired of PDP and wanted to try something different and APC was smart enough to use that and propagate the propaganda. What then do we have with APC , the worse governance you have ever thought of! all the propaganda they used against the PDP they are doing worse ., fuel price hike, electricity tariff increments, insecurity, just to mention but few. That is why states like Oyo has retraced it step and went back to PDP. Meanwhile PDP is not good , but far better than the most evil party in Nigeria. ( you can ask any body preferably neutral, in Oyo state) Any state in the southwest where APC is not allow to rig it can never win , take it home! Edo just showed that by over 80k despite the vote buying . Very soon Lagos will free it self from the shackles of godfatherism too.

The Oyo that has been majorly with PDP what can you say about that state in terms of development

Even Ogun today is fastly moving ahead.
Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by strangest(m): 8:00am On Sep 22, 2020
Wollykayb:
Haaaa grin
Its not easy to destroy an incumbent president
Its not easy to destroy the hope of the miscreant pigs who wanted to produced VP but Tinubu turned their Obi into Obituary

I can understand the frustration nd obsession from nyamirin pigs

Slave of PDP are crying against 2023 that the Northerners have already counted them unworthy

bobo Chicago is a drug dealer for Christ sake... give us Adesina and we ipigs will support you... cheers
Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by murmee: 8:20am On Sep 22, 2020
NGpatriot:

Tinubu all by himself wrestled SW away from the PDP, the ruling party and the so called largest political party in Nigeria.

GREAT Submission. Well done NGpatriot!
Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by DexterousOne(m): 8:26am On Sep 22, 2020
Xfemt:
must every tin be tribalism to u pple

Wht does Yoruba Ve DAT others don't Ve

re u Yoruba's ok at all angry

Dont mind them

Hero worship has blocked many of them's reasoning
Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by murmee: 8:49am On Sep 22, 2020
tollyboy5:

The elections are not about parties its about individual. Tinubu as person has begin to decline politically. They had issue at Oyo state also at osun state. Thats how things start, they single handedly manipulated democracy and removed ambode , instead of giving the platform to hamzat they installed a puppet. We are not blind in Lagos we are waiting for the right time..
His wife went third time for senate but the senator from Lagos east was declined third term just after he supported ambode. Tinubu has forgotten he's from osun state. He his stepping on the toes of natives. And time would tell
Can you please explain why the Governorship of Lagos state should have been given to Hamzat instead of Sanwo-olu?
Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by richie240: 8:59am On Sep 22, 2020
frankyychiji:
Hahahaha...na look you dey look now?

E don be tinz..

Edo no be Lagos.
Girl, my words are proverbial, if only u know!
cool

1 Like

Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by murmee: 9:06am On Sep 22, 2020
emkz:
People fail to realize that Obaseki was the one that started the attacks by saying Edo no be Lagos and called out Tinubu. He still used his own two legs to go and see the same Tinubu in Lagos to intervene in the crisis. These things made Tinubu an interested party.

Tinubu came out to openly support the candidate of his party, and he was the only top APC leaders that did so. Is there anything wrong with that? I do not think so, but I'd have advised more tack and shrewdness. The way the APC governors rallied around Yahaya Bello (who is the worst governor in Nigeria imho) was not the way they rallied around Ize-Iyamu, and it was largely Oshiomole's fault for demarketing Ize-Iyamu beyond repair. He must have learnt the impossibility of single-handedly installing a governor now. He too must have gone underground immediately and worked to enhance the victory of Ize-Iyamu. I am sure he overrated himself considering how hard he worked as governor. Yet, indiscretion must be limited.

Back to Tinubu, one thing I have realized is that Tinubu is not gifted with oratory, but I will commend him for his loyalty to Oshiomole, same way I'd commend Shaibu for sticking on with Obaseki and same way Oshiomole was loyal to President Buhari and Tinubu who supported him. Let's face it, Obaseki bit the finger that fed him, and what is the guarantee that he won't bite the fingers that fed him this time (the Edo people), or can we not use past behaviour to predict future outcomes?

Tinubu took sides and his party lost. Is it proper for us to mock him? Didn't his preferred candidates lose the leadership of the national assembly in 2015? Didn't he lose out in Ondo State? Look, if you have a politician whose men are vice president, house speaker, CoS to the VP, former FIRS chair, ministers of works, interior, health, youth and sports, etc; I don't consider such a politician a failure. As of now, Tinubu is the strongest politician and a rallying point in the South, but his main opposition comes from the South. If he were of Northern extraction, he'd be respected like President Buhari pre-2015. If Tinubu is out of the scene, who would be the top politician in southern Nigeria? Who?

And Tinubu too needs to understand that he needn't fight every battle. Sometimes, it is best to activate your political machinery than to be seen directly involved.
Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by murmee: 9:06am On Sep 22, 2020
emkz:

Very well said!
Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by murmee: 9:07am On Sep 22, 2020
maestro299:
Lolz. You are just disturbing yourself. Nigeria's problem is deep, systemic and goes back a long time. Tell me, if you foresaw a better future for this country, would you be in the States now?
Big Question!
Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by UNUKHASO: 9:23am On Sep 22, 2020
Catholics have the culture of godfather to a newborn or one who sponsors wedding for a younger person.
“Fact is nobody can win election alone without the help of others in different ways it can manifest. For those who said Oshiomhole and Asiwaju are godfathers that Edo people rejected, ''GODFATHER TODAY ARE NOW MR.DICTATOR THEY RUINED AND MADE THEIR SUBJECT INDEBTED WITHOUT ANY IMPROVEMENTS IN THEIR STATE, EDO PEOPLE BE WISE NEVER ALLOWED GODFATHER TO TURNED YOUR LAND TO POVERTY ESTATE. CONGRATULATIONS TO THE NEW GOVERNMENT YES FREEDOM GOVERNMENT
Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by lakesidepapa(m): 9:51am On Sep 22, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:
The way Tinubu dominates social media it will be very difficult for any candidate to displace him in the politicosphere, godfather or not. Im tired of coming to politics section and everywhere is Tinubu. Na only this man be politician for Nigeria? And the man is not even elected into any office.

No one is talking about key players on the ground in Edo. Ganduje, Uzodinma. Is Yorubaman on the hround in Edo? No. Why do we give him so much importance above others more important? We dont want godfather, end to godfatherism but at every opportunity we put him in headlines. How godfatherism want take extinguish? I tire for Nigerians and lack of sense.

Tinubu is a star ☆, Those Igbo Igbos can deal with it, They make their nonsense and jealousy utterances against the man cos they lack someone like him in their region, They will praise him to high if he's from their region. Bunch of jealousy flat people...
Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by GreatCracker(m): 9:51am On Sep 22, 2020
emkz:

you're just so spot on, I've now come to the conclusion that the southern part of Nigeria is politically naive. Let the hate continue and let the north keep on sharing our resources.... Egoistic but dumb southern politicians will forever be the best thing since slice bread for Northern power stakeholders.
Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by jayaim: 9:55am On Sep 22, 2020
Praise the lord, wicked old looters holding us backwards are been retired
Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by tollyboy5(m): 9:58am On Sep 22, 2020
murmee:
Can you please explain why the Governorship of Lagos state should have been given to Hamzat instead of Sanwo-olu?
Hamzat is an engineer and the one of the strong pillars behind fasholas achievement. Fashola recommended him but they don't want someone that would outshine them with achievement so it won't be like oshiomole case.
Instead someone can be controlled was giving the governorship slot. This people are not after the progress of Lagos State they just want to hold on to power
Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by Heffalump(m): 10:13am On Sep 22, 2020
realstars:
There Is No History In Nigeria For Him To Learn.

History or Not, BAT is doomed
Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by Mindclinic: 10:34am On Sep 22, 2020
Abeg patronise me to see food chop, biko. cry

Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by 1759ademola(m): 10:36am On Sep 22, 2020
festacman:
With hindsight, I would say that Jagaban's video did great damage to Pastor Osaze Ize-iyamu's fortunes.

The lesson here is, like ex-POTUS George Bush stayed away from John McCain's campaign to avoid complicating it with his 'baggages', Asiwaju Tinubu should have worked at the background especially as his personality and influence were made Obaseki's campaign theme. He should have stayed off to allow Edo people do their thing. Even, Adams Oshiomole should have also reduced visibility because Osaze Iyamu is widely-loved grassroots man who have successfully drove that campaign.

Having said this, it is possible that some forces in APC connived with Obaseki to do some 'electoral doping' in order to cut Tinubu/Oshiomole to size. Remember I said, "it is possible".

If Obaseki's victory was about godfatherism, what is Gov. Nyesom Wike to Tambuwal, current PDP chairman Prince Uche Secondus, Hon. Kingsley Chinda, etc. The truth is that after his tenure, Obaseki becomes a godfather to protect his interests by imposing and campaigning for his annointed candidate.

Politics is bloody hell, men!
I told them but many of them no get sense. They don't even know how they pay tax without having a company.
Likewise they didn't know chicken breast is better that Chicken laps.
Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by 1759ademola(m): 10:39am On Sep 22, 2020
tollyboy5:

Hamzat is an engineer and the one of the strong pillars behind fasholas achievement. Fashola recommended him but they don't want someone that would outshine them with achievement so it won't be like oshiomole case.
Instead someone can be controlled was giving the governorship slot. This people are not after the progress of Lagos State they just want to hold on to power
That's what they called team. At least Hamzat is part of the happening in Lagos State. That means even if Tinubu dies, the succession planning is there. PDP should forget it.
Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by tollyboy5(m): 10:49am On Sep 22, 2020
1759ademola:

That's what they called team. At least Hamzat is part of the happening in Lagos State. That means even if Tinubu dies, the succession planning is there. PDP should forget it.
Its not about PDP or APC , anybody we desire will be the governor very soon. Appointing us governor is an insult to our level of intelligence and civilization
Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by malakaimoscondo: 10:54am On Sep 22, 2020
I swear tinubu is a great man...why is he the only one making headline on all both print and electronic media,,despite he never participate in Edo election.... so dis is how some people will produce president abi?instead of them to reach out and form alignment they didn't but rather playing politics of betterment
Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by xpansion(m): 11:27am On Sep 22, 2020
Then the PDP would have to bring someone cause the pdp won the election

fjjc:
Well, this is a very painful one, but I know Obaseki should trend softly, because, APC can still approach court not on the matter of the election, but on his eligibility of contesting for this election being disqualified from APC primary, if court sack him there is nothing anybody can do. Even US that has is own electoral problem to manage, will not be able to save him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FAKE "Alleged Picture Of Osinbajo's Family Home" FAKE / List Of All The Unions That Have Directed Their Workers To Go On Strike / Zahra Buhari And Ahmed Indimi Laughing Out Loud At Their Wedding Today (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.