Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,078 members, 7,842,083 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times (49446 Views)

Why Tinubu failed to Deliver Speech At COP28 - The Cable / I'm Too Confident Of Victory - Tinubu Says As He Votes In Lagos / Edo Victory: Is INEC On The Path Of Glory Again? - Segun Showunmi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by nextstep(m): 10:59pm On Sep 21, 2020
Please note that all these pundits and writers have never won an election, not even SUG grin

I'm happy that Edo people made their voices heard, and that Obaseki received the mandate for governor. It's a victory for democracy, and the end of godfathers. Edo no be Lagos is not just a slogan, but a reality. We need t-shirts of this.

That said, a lot of political analyses are being done by people who don't fund, pick, sponsor, or know what it takes to strategize and win elections. Every election has losers and winners, and the participants are way more experienced than the armchair analysts.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by anonimi: 11:00pm On Sep 21, 2020
aremuforlife:
Tinubu most have tormented lots of people, why all these thread both on Facebook, nairaland, Twitter.

You are correct.
He tormented Awolowo and his family.
Do you want to torment ThiefNuibu in return?

Babasessy:

Awo Family Without An Awo By Sam Omatseye (The Offensive Article)

The Awolowo rebirth in the Southwest has inspired gongs, songs and rhetoric of sorts. But they have missed one point.

It occurred to me in Abeokuta last week amidst the big crowds and euphoria of the swearing-in of Senator Ibikunle Amosun as governor. In all the states from Lagos to Edo, where Awo has witnessed ideological resurgence, hardly a single family member has played a role.

So we have an Awo family without an Awo. That is an irony. But history overwhelms us with this sort of twist. Obafemi Awolowo toiled for his reputation. His roots were lowly, he toiled to school both home and abroad, launched into careers in law, business, journalism and eventually politics. He carved a niche for himself, and became the first methodical and charismatic leftist in our history.  Other leftists abounded but they did not inspire comparable drama and following.

He faced tribulations, went to jail, failed in elections, won a few, but he imprinted his ideas and legacy in the country, and no single mortal has beaten him in the history of this country. His greatest achievement was in the area of ideas, and that was how he fashioned a family. Most families are born of biology but his issued from ideology. That family suffered with him.

In a spoof of Jesus Christ, these were the men who followed him in his teachings, and endured with him in his temptations. So he formed a kingdom for them in the Southwest, in the old Western Region, presiding over his projects, his legacies and people.

In all of these, the family he had was not his flesh and blood. In another spoof of Christ, who were his family anyway? Those who were with him must be counted as his family. So, I combed in the ambience of Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN), and I found none. I went to Ogun, I frisked the crowd under Amosun’s bower, hardly any. Around Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola in Osun, I could not lay a finger. With Governor Kayode Fayemi in Ekiti, where are the forbears of Awo? Yet, I can hear the chants of Awo. Hardly in any of the inaugural speeches or any of their other public intervention would you miss the philtre and filter of Awo from these gentlemen. To parody Novelist Joseph Conrad, they are the sparks from Awo’s sacred fire, the messengers of the might within the man.

Already all of them are pursuing the legacy ideas of Awo: free education, free health services, infrastructural development, urban renewal and economic engineering.

Lagos has posted itself as the John the Baptist. The others are putting up valiant efforts, and the world of course is watching to see how well they will perform. It will call for great work, resourcefulness and cooperation. They are the real Awoists, and Awo was a man of rigour and vigour.

The Awo son that many expected to take after the father was Olusegun, who unfortunately died in a car crash. We shall never know if he could have pulled it off.  But the others have not shown much of the paterfamilias’ brio and depth. In the past decade, under this republic, they have blended with the wrong crowd. Even H.I.D, hobnobbed with Alao-Akala, who brought illiteracy to governance; with Oyinlola who turned the grace of office into a hell-hole of despots; with Daniel who could not arrest his quick fall into megalomania.

I wrote once that this woman whom Awo once described as the jewel of inestimable value has lost value to his cause. If he came back to life, he would have committed the extraordinary act of divorce after death. Even his newspaper, The Tribune, has so stumbled and fallen that it swims in Awo’s vomit.

Groucho Max, one of the funniest satirists in American history, said of a man that he got his looks from his father. Then he quipped, “He was a plastic surgeon.” That means the son is not his real son, or he did not inherit his natural looks. Ideologically, when we talk of Awo’s family, the chief inheritor is Asiwaju Bola Tinubu as the leader of all the others. He was the one who stuck his neck out. He could have lost his life or ended his career in politics. The so-called real Awolowos who bear his surname cannot come up for mention. They are Awolowos but not Awoists. They stabbed their father in the back. They have committed ideological parricide.

The only person that made a real try was Awolowo-Dosunmu in the early 1990s and she lost roundly. She was accused of trying to ride her father’s coattail. Political families are good for democracies. They can exemplify the high ideals of diligence, dignity, ideas, character. We have seen these in such families as the Kennedys, the Adamses, the Roosevelts, the Ghandis. They just don’t claim family. They appeal to the high ideals that endeared the families to their societies.

It’s also an irony that these families are falling into twilight. Some of them have vanished. Enoch Powell, a British MP, once gave us the famous line: “All political lives, unless they are cut off midstream at a happy juncture, end in failure because that is the nature of politics and human affairs.”

Columnist Ambassador Dapo Fafowora adverted to this idea in a recent outing, and I debated it with him afterwards. I don’t believe that a political life should be judged by how it ends but what it means. The quote is often missed by many who mistake “careers” for “lives.” A political life should be judged by its legacies. If we judged Awo by how he ended, we would look at him only as the loser to Shagari. That is why I see an intrinsic mischief in Enoch’s quote. But I would agree that political families end also in failure if you judge how they peter out and not the legacy.

Awo’s legacy is alive and well. Members of other families in flesh and blood can carry on. Immediate families tend to suffer from what an author, Noemie Emery, describes as dynastic curse. The children tend to be intimidated by the standards set by the fathers. So they just don’t want to try. They feel they cannot match them or come even close.  The problem probably comes from the fathers themselves. The Adams, who produced important presidents, later gave birth to moral vagrants and drunks. The Bush daughters showed themselves as party girls when their father was contesting the political battle of his life.

But Joe Kennedy groomed his sons assiduously, and they excelled in politics. They also had a fair share of tragedies. Ted Kennedy regained his sobriety and voice in America after a season of debauchery. In Nigeria, we are seeing the Sarakis fade. A Saraki – Bukola - is wiping out the Sarakis from politics. It is a classic case of oedipal tragedy, something I predicted earlier this year on this page.

It is not late though for the flesh-and-blood Awolowos to join their father’s fold. But they must be genuine. Awo was the most important Yoruba personage in history after Oduduwa. They had stellar men like Oranmiyan, Balogun Latosa, Lisabi, Sodeke, et al. None of them had the unifying vision and organisational acumen that Awolowo gave the race. The wife, children and grandchildren should not watch others glow in his jewel without them.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/columnist/monday/sam-omatseye/index.1.html

fuzek:
THE General Overseer of the Latter Rain Assembly and running mate of Major-General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) during the April 16 presidential election, Pastor Tunde Bakare, declared that it would be fool-hardy for “any bastard and the son of a concubine” to assume the leadership mantle of the Yoruba.

While preaching in his church in Lagos on the topic: “It is time to speak”, the fiery cleric said: “Look at the madness going on in Yoruba land. slowpoke, nincompoop, people without family background causing problem because of money, ill gotten wealth. If a town or settlement is at peace, the bastard there is yet to grow up.

“If you are a bastard, there is nothing you can do to cover up with money. Where is your father’s compound? A bastard pretending to be a patriot. We are proud of our heritage because we have goodly heritage. There are those who call themselves nobles who are under the influence of Jezebel. Until they drink kainkain, they cannot function. They pretend to be larger than life,” he added.

He likened the person angling to take over the leadership of the Yoruba to the Biblical Abimelech who forcefully took over a kingdom that did not belong to him and was eventually destroyed.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/headlines/100458-pastor-tunde-bakare-of-the-latter-rain-assembly-a-bastard-cant-rule-the-yorubas.html

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8514798_gbwa20190116170056_jpeg25822a5858058df34ca795fd9850312c

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by tollyboy5(m): 11:01pm On Sep 21, 2020
Goke7:

tinubu is Nigeria's biggest politician beside PMB, anything to bring the man down and finish him will be many people's joy. That's how we roll in Africa. Always on the path of self destruct
greediness of tinubu is too much. You hypocrite he waste our dear state funds to sponsor political empire. Lagos is bleeding

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by Goke7: 11:01pm On Sep 21, 2020
Philipponzaghi:
Nawa o.

All this people fear Tinubu so much because you always hate what you fear!

Obasanjo
Jonathan
Saraki
Dino
Atiku

Edo election is just a signal that politics is local. The people used their power to fight against Oshiomhole and Obaseki was able to bank on that so what is the noise from these guys?

They always say winning attracts lot of enemies, Tinubu is a proof to that statement!

very true and you cannot attract what you hate in others, reason they can't produce suave politicians like tinubu, awolowo and co, their most hated yoruba politicians. It's a testimony to the fact that sw produces very brilliant politicians. Social media agog just because of one man.

I doff my hat for Oshiomhole, he too is a fighter as he still delivered edo north despite the weight of the deputy governor. No worries, these guys will be more appreciated much later in the future by the same people dissing them now. It was same thing in those days of Awolowo who has hated even in yoruba land too. That's how we are in Africa.

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by yungbanks(m): 11:03pm On Sep 21, 2020
Don't be suprised to see Obaseki back in APC this is Nigeria where every cunning thing is possuble but good is impossible so those shouting Tinubu fall will not get the logic Tinubu puplicly made a video do u guys think he is a fool? No way he calculated it through lets wait and see Obaseki in PDP till 2024 that is if rapture does not visit the world

1 Like

Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by Goke7: 11:05pm On Sep 21, 2020
tollyboy5:
greediness of tinubu is too much. You hypocrite he waste our dear state funds to sponsor political empire. Lagos is bleeding

he is not greedy, he is just too powerful for you guys, same thing was said of Awolowo but today we celebrate him for his giant strides of sw development back in his days.

Which Lagos is bleeding, guy go and hustle, even gold is not on the streets of New York, work your butts off and you will be great as you celebrate greatness in others. Don't be deceived, the sky is the limit for everyone

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by NGpatriot: 11:08pm On Sep 21, 2020
tollyboy5:

My brother learn from history there is no great dynasty or powerful empire that won't be brought to its kneels. Wetin get beginning get end. Its time for tinubu to step back and relax. He has also done well and at the same time step on toes if he continues this way the will be brutal

You should first learn from the history I gave you, everything you typed doesn't change 1 single word in my post.

PDP was a bystander, a mare tool, a means to an end for Obaseki, what happened in Edo was an outcome of APC internal disagreements which they eventually will settle, reconcile and move on.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 21, 2020
Philipponzaghi:
Nawa o.

All this people fear Tinubu so much because you always hate what you fear!

Obasanjo
Jonathan
Saraki
Dino
Atiku

Edo election is just a signal that politics is local. The people used their power to fight against Oshiomhole and Obaseki was able to bank on that so what is the noise from these guys?

They always say winning attracts lot of enemies, Tinubu is a proof to that statement!
Tinubu did not defeat any of these people that you mentioned. It was the collective will of Nigerians that defeated them. The collective will of Edo people brought in Oshiomole and disgraced him when he wanted to become what they destroyed. Nigerians have seen how Tinubu controls Lagos. Even Buhari as a president is not that overbearing. The same collective will of Nigerians will show Tinubu that Nigeria is bigger than Lagos. #9jaBigPassLagos#

6 Likes

Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by Goke7: 11:09pm On Sep 21, 2020
yungbanks:
Don't be suprised to see Obaseki back in APC this is Nigeria where every cunning thing is possuble but good is impossible so those shouting Tinubu fall will not get the logic Tinubu puplicly made a video do u guys think he is a fool? No way he calculated it through lets wait and see Obaseki in PDP till 2024 that is if rapture does not visit the world

Obaseki should stay in PDP and build the party, that's how great politicians evolve. Those wanting him back in APC don't mean well for him, they will mess him up at the end of the day. This is why not many take politicians like atiku, saraki, dino and their miserable likes serious

1 Like

Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by Goke7: 11:11pm On Sep 21, 2020
Trentee:

Tinubu did not defeat any of these people that you mentioned. It was the collective will of Nigerians that defeated them. The collective will of Edo people brought in Oshiomole and disgraced him when he wanted to become what they destroyed. Nigerians have seen how Tinubu controls Lagos. Even Buhari as a president is not that overbearing . The same collective will of Nigerians will show Tinubu that Nigeria is bigger than Lagos. #9jaBigPassLagos#

oga so Buhari no be problem again, na tinubu now haba make una no dey lie too much na, talk true if Buhari resign, una no go happy?

1 Like

Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by NGpatriot: 11:12pm On Sep 21, 2020
You Igbos need to learn how to move on, even sef, you people are still crying and wailing over GEJ since 2015, but Ijaw people moved on the day after election in 2015.

What is it with you people and hatred, bitterness and anger?

Is your life not complete until you rant, yell and obsess over Tinubu?

I'd understand if Tinubu is collecting your village taxes and allocation and saddled you with kerosene and wheelbarrow like your village governors.
Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by ogascomax: 11:12pm On Sep 21, 2020
fjjc:
Well, this is a very painful one, but I know Obaseki should trend softly, because, APC can still approach court not on the matter of the election, but on his eligibility of contesting for this election being disqualified from APC primary, if court sack him there is nothing anybody can do. Even US that has is own electoral problem to manage, will not be able to save him.

APC has a more greater court issues if we are to go in that direction. The faction that conduct the election that brought him during the primary's of the party was not the legitimate own.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 21, 2020
This double mouthed commentators, if apc had won, these same commentators will say the video helped in winning the election.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by Dreamz77(m): 11:13pm On Sep 21, 2020
Mayneeeeeee shit happens!
Buh for real this guys should b resting by now,,Jagaban bin in politics since the 80's dats about 40yrs plus..with his bullion van he should go on vacation and just free himself from mental stress .

1 Like

Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by Philipponzaghi: 11:14pm On Sep 21, 2020
Goke7:

very true and you cannot attract what you hate in others, reason they can't produce suave politicians like tinubu, awolowo and co, their most hated yoruba politicians. It's a testimony to the fact that sw produces very brilliant politicians. Social media agog just because of one man.

I doff my hat for Oshiomhole, he too is a fighter as he still delivered edo north despite the weight of the deputy governor. No worries, these guys will be more appreciated much later in the future by the same people dissing them now. It was same thing in those days of Awolowo who has hated even in yoruba land too. That's how we are in Africa.

Also one thing I like about Tinubu is that he doesn’t betray his comerades especially in the case of Oshiomhole.

Normally he should have left Oshiomhole to fight it alone because he really FK up with how he goes about with his chairmanship creating fights everywhere thereby making APC lose states that they shouldn’t have lost. But Tinubu supported him to the end even when other people would have left him alone to deal with it himself.

Now APC just need to forge ahead and re-strategize coz in the game of politics you can’t win everytime.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by tollyboy5(m): 11:15pm On Sep 21, 2020
Goke7:

he is not greedy, he is just too powerful for you guys, same thing was said of Awolowo but today we celebrate him for his giant strides of sw development back in his days.

Which Lagos is bleeding, guy go and hustle, even gold is not on the streets of New York, work your butts off and you will be great as you celebrate greatness in others. Doan't be deceived, the sky is the limit for everyone
Don't be an hypocrite tinubu is not equivalent to awolowo. Since he left office he has been contributing negatively to the state. I'm living in Lagos and I see Lagos backwardness. Does tinubu live in ajegunle, ajangbadi, epe, mushin, alaba , eyin osa. Have gone to places around Lagos?
How does my hustle determine the irresponsibility of a ruling party. Is Lagos only within the island?
Why do people think shallow like this. Do you know how much Lagos generate?
How has the money been put to work if not sponsoring political empire. As far as i live in Lagos I'm feeling the heat.

5 Likes

Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by jrusky(m): 11:17pm On Sep 21, 2020
fjjc:
Well, this is a very painful one, but I know Obaseki should trend softly, because, APC can still approach court not on the matter of the election, but on his eligibility of contesting for this election being disqualified from APC primary, if court sack him there is nothing anybody can do. Even US that has is own electoral problem to manage, will not be able to save him.

Bro its a lie nothing can happen. I know you want to talk NYSC cert bro that is no case in as far he atrended UI and did his Youth Corp fully bro no case beside he had done the needful before the election and there is no law that prohibit anyone from name correction or name change bro.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by Nobody: 11:18pm On Sep 21, 2020
Goke7:

oga so Buhari no be problem again, na tinubu now haba make una no dey lie too much na, talk true if Buhari resign, una no go happy?
Don’t quote me out of contest. Buhari is from Katsina state and I don’t think he decides what happens in katsina the same way Tinubu controls Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by bpalace(m): 11:20pm On Sep 21, 2020
NGpatriot:
What history are the ignorant people talking about?

Let me school you, this is the real history.

Tinubu fought and defeated OBJ

Tinubu fought and defeated GEJ

Tinubu all by himself wrestled SW away from the PDP, the ruling party and the so called largest political party in Nigeria

Tinubu ejected the PDP/Ruling party from power

Tinubu remains the most powerful and influential politician and Nigerian alive and this is the reason why you can not stop writing, lamenting and crying over him everyday.

PDP was a bystander, a mare tool, a means to an end for Obaseki, what happened in Edo was an outcome of APC internal disagreements which they eventually will settle, reconcile and move on.
Beautiful piece.... Same for Osho baba, same for OBJ... Power is transient... Apparently, jagaban has reached his peak... He is now going south
Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by SmartPolician: 11:21pm On Sep 21, 2020
aremuforlife:
Tinubu most have tormented lots of people, why all these thread both on Facebook, nairaland, Twitter.

Tinubu is a problem in Nigeria

He has made touting, thuggery and hooliganism defining factors of Lagos

Lagos is the most visited state in Nigeria

People visit Lagos, see how thugs have turned it into a mess and take the madness back home

Evil has a domino effect

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by okuta007: 11:21pm On Sep 21, 2020
festacman:
With hindsight, I would say that Jagaban's video did great damage to Pastor Osaze Ize-iyamu's fortunes.

The lesson here is, like ex-POTUS George Bush stayed away from John McCain's campaign to avoid complicating it with his 'baggages', Asiwaju Tinubu should have worked at the background especially as his personality and influence were made Obaseki's campaign theme. He should have stayed to allow Edo people do their thing. Even, Adams Oshiomole should have also reduced visibility because Osaze Iyamu is widely-loved grassroots man who have successfully drove that campaign.

Having said this, it is possible that some forces in APC connived with Obaseki to do some 'electoral doping' in order to cut Tinubu/Oshiomole to size. Even this Gov. El-Rufai may be among them. Remember "I said, it is possible".

If Obaseki's victory is about godfatherism, what is Gov. Nyesom Wike to Tambuwal, current PDP chairman Prince Uche Secondus, Hon. Kingsley Chinda, etc. The truth is that after his tenure, Obaseki becomes a godfather to protect his interests by imposing his fav.

Politics is bloody hell, men!

where is this coming from - what grassroot politician? Has Ize Iyamu won any election in his life? guy Ize Iyamu don hear word already but u his supporter no won hear word abi? Issorait grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by Goke7: 11:22pm On Sep 21, 2020
Trentee:

Don’t quote me out of contest. Buhari is from Katsina state and I don’t think he decides what happens in katsina the same way Tinubu controls Lagos

Really? you must be a learner. You guys are funny so you think all Political leaders in Lagos takes daily instructions from tinubu grin

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by cptjacksparrow: 11:24pm On Sep 21, 2020
Edo people did not show anything, I'm from the Southwest based in Lagos, believe me people are waiting for him to declare his intention to run for president you'll be surprised his main antagonists will come from the Southwest not even eastern Nigeria. The only people who might save him will be northerners which might not happen b'cos those ones will want to cut his wings.

tuniski:
Tinubu will be buried politically should he contest the presidency. Either he fails at the primaries or be thrashed at the general elections. Nigeria is beyond Lagos! Edo people just showed a preview!

1 Like

Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by Noel19: 11:26pm On Sep 21, 2020
NGpatriot:

You too saw Tinubu's name on the ballot in Edo?

Funny ipob comedians.

grin grin

Sophisticated Mumu. So anybody that criticizes Tinubu is now Ipob?

I don't blame you at all, I blame the years you've spent on earth asslicking a man who doesn't care if you exist or not.

His wife is a senator

His daughter is the Iyaloje of the whole markets in lagos State

His nephew is the governor of Osun State

His son in law is a member of Lagos State House of Assembly

You what political post has he given you?

Maybe you and your ilks came into this world to asslick and sing his praises.

5 Likes

Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by Felincous(m): 11:26pm On Sep 21, 2020
Noel19:

Slave mentality as usual.
You are not slave and your region remain backward for eternity ���
Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by NGpatriot: 11:27pm On Sep 21, 2020
bpalace:

Beautiful piece.... Same for Osho baba, same for OBJ... Power is transient... Apparently, jagaban has reached his peak... He is now going south

What power are you talking about

Is Tinubu a governor, a senator, reps or even president? What power?

Is he even a public official?

Tinubu just like you and other ordinary Nigerians supported a candidate that did not win so what power was lost? Is election not about wining and losing?

You people need to stop wailing and ranting over nothing? You lament and troubled your life so much over Tinubu, you turned the man into a mythical figure that you torture yourself with everyday.

You people need to give it a rest and get a life.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by Noel19: 11:28pm On Sep 21, 2020
Felincous:

You are not slave and your region remain backward for eternity ���

Oponu, show me your region let me show you mine let's compare and contrast.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by NGpatriot: 11:29pm On Sep 21, 2020
[s]
Noel19:

Sophisticated Mumu. So anybody that criticizes Tinubu is now Ipob?

I don't blame you at all, I blame the years you've spent on earth asslicking a man who doesn't care if you exist or not.

His wife is a senator

His daughter is the Iyaloje of the whole markets in lagos State

His nephew is the governor of Osun State

His son in law is a member of Lagos State House of Assembly

You what political post has he given you?

Maybe you and your ilks came into this world to asslick and sing his praises.
[/s]

Another Tinubu obsessed ipob..

What is your own problem?

Tinubu did not pay your school fees?

Or is Tinubu responsible for the kerosene, wheelbarrow and borehole situation in your village?

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by Felincous(m): 11:30pm On Sep 21, 2020
cptjacksparrow:
Edo people did not show anything, I'm from the Southwest based in Lagos, believe me people are waiting for him to declare his intention to run for president you'll be surprised his main antagonists will come from the Southwest not even eastern Nigeria. The only people who might save him will be northerners which might not happen b'cos those ones will want to cut his wings.

That's not a new thing , in Obasanjo's first tenure southwest people did not vote for him and he became president . The only people in Southwest that won't support him are the retired PDP members.
Re: Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times by tollyboy5(m): 11:30pm On Sep 21, 2020
NGpatriot:

You should first learn from the history I gave you, everything you typed doesn't change 1 single word in my post.

The elections are not about parties its about individual. Tinubu as person has begin to decline politically. They had issue at Oyo state also at osun state. Thats how things start, they single handedly manipulated democracy and removed ambode , instead of giving the platform to hamzat they installed a puppet. We are not blind in Lagos we are waiting for the right time..
His wife went third time for senate but the senator from Lagos east was declined third term just after he supported ambode. Tinubu has forgotten he's from osun state. He his stepping on the toes of natives. And time would tell

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Reno Omokri’s Wife, Tope Denies Being The Mother Of His New Baby - The Will / This Was What Really Happened In Plateau State According To The Presidency / Gunmen Attack Goodluck Jonathan’s Home In Otuoke, Kill 1 Soldier, Injure Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.