Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Osinbajo: Government Has No Business Running Oil Refineries - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: Government Has No Business Running Oil Refineries (15549 Views)

Osinbajo: Government Is Open To New, Creative Ideas In Growing Nigeria’s Economy / Nigeria Army Running Oil Bunkering In Rivers State- Wike Read More: Https://ug / GOC 6 Division Is Running Oil Bunking Team - Gov.wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo: Government Has No Business Running Oil Refineries by Deputy1111(m): 12:06pm On Sep 22, 2020
If private sectors can take up the responsibility of building modular refineries, it will ease our living.
Re: Osinbajo: Government Has No Business Running Oil Refineries by Deputy1111(m): 12:07pm On Sep 22, 2020
If private sectors can take up the responsibility of building modular refineries, it will ease our living.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Osinbajo: Government Has No Business Running Oil Refineries by Shooyie: 12:07pm On Sep 22, 2020
The refineries will be revived under private ownership. The FG has a lot on its plate.
Re: Osinbajo: Government Has No Business Running Oil Refineries by IMAliyu(m): 12:27pm On Sep 22, 2020
Slowly slowly this government is getting sense.
Maybe very soon they'll open up to the idea of restructuring.
Re: Osinbajo: Government Has No Business Running Oil Refineries by nograv: 1:05pm On Sep 22, 2020
989900:

While I fully agree with you, OTOH, we have to come to terms with the fact that we the people, civil servants, teachers, religious leaders, etc. are a reflection of this government, and the ones before and the ones to come -- we Nigerians collectively are evil people!

If you don't believe me, take a deeper look at all the people around you (if you live in Nigeria), in government, on the street, motorists, those you pay to get simple stuffs done for you -- hell, even family members and friends!

Sadly you are right. In the past I used to be very much against this viewpoint. But like yourself I have seen too many things that have changed my mind.

People saluting thieves in the belief that one day they will get their turn or the recent election where Nigerians voted in a failure for the second time..?? People asking for payment for all sorts of weird things, a guy opening the gate at the National museum asked for additional payment.

Sadly I gave up on Nigeria due to Buhari and won’t return until the country changes significantly. I think Arewa Fulani dominance of the political system needs to end for starters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Government Has No Business Running Oil Refineries by Deepthoughts: 1:06pm On Sep 22, 2020
ednut1:
If only Yar adua had foresight. Obasanjo had already sold 2 of the refineries when it had value only for yar adua to reverse the sale. Today no one will buy the refineries and dangote don go build hin own.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/how-yaradua-was-pressurised-to-revert-refineries-sold-to-dangote-obasanjo/amp/
Thank you very much,I remember vividly that it was mostly northerners that pressurized yar adua to reverse the sale claiming obssanjo sold national assets to his friends,same was the case with NITEL, people keep praising Yar adua I don't know if it's out of pity or because he never lasted but there were signs of his docility,he stopped the re decimalisation of the naira as attempted by soludo because the northerners kicked against it claiming soludo took the decision with out his approval n so it was disrei of his office even though the CBN act clearly empowers soludo,he wasted money dredging the river niger to baro but Abandoned the river port at onitsha which would have made the dredging worthwhile now everything is a waste,Atiku rightly promise to sell the refineries if he had to the elections,the Apc n their zombies Insulted him now osibanjo is talking of the same thing n someone will praise him for a brilliant idea,Atiku is by far better than buhari but for the fact that he is not conservative n an Islamic bigot the north don't like him, everything about Apc is just so full of deceit, deception n hypocrisy.
Re: Osinbajo: Government Has No Business Running Oil Refineries by EMMY76: 2:00pm On Sep 22, 2020
Is this not the same thing atiku proposed before the apc and it's dumb supporters all decended on him?.
Re: Osinbajo: Government Has No Business Running Oil Refineries by emitope: 9:24pm On Sep 22, 2020
Funny how this man always talks like he isn't a part of "this government".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Metuh Gave Me N25 Million - Witness / Ondo Election: Elites May Support Akeredolu While The Masses May Reject Him / Edo: PDP Leaders, Obaseki ‘at War’ Over Party Structure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.