Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,979 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu (48328 Views)

Edo Election: Philip Shaibu Dances To Celebrate PDP And Obaseki's Victory / Edo No Be Lagos, Una Go Soon See Why Ambode Is Smarter Than Obaseki / Muiz Banire: Why Ambode Doesn't Deserve 2nd Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by 1759ademola(m): 5:28pm On Sep 22, 2020
fuckingAyaya:
Yorubas won't support Ambode because they ain't ready to Emacipate from Mental slavery
Hmm for your mouth? You that we're capsized by the dominance of Okorocha, that he has his son-in-law as COS and he even nominated him as Governor and you voted. He even nominated his wife as Rep member.
TA Orji's case dey there o, that has his son has a Speaker of the HofA.
Pls how is your Brain malfunctioning like this?

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by thuxzwda1: 5:37pm On Sep 22, 2020
nzeobi:
If there is a will then there will be a way.

I agreed with some of the things you said but not all and don't forget that the timing of both elections were different and buhari needed lagos then.
Don't forget obaseki started planning early but they were deceiving ambode and praising him only to decimate him when he least expected it.
Now no ministerial appointment with EFCC pay him visits frequently.
But I still think ambode gave up easily without a fight, his descendants should be ashamed of him.

if una kill dis guy wetin u go gain
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by EmekaA125(m): 5:43pm On Sep 22, 2020
fuckingAyaya:
Yorubas won't support Ambode because they ain't ready to Emacipate from Mental slavery
Choi. This one enter. I refer all Yorubas as Tinubu slaves because they don't want to take back their destiny from his hand. Too bad and condemnable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by Ogaonos: 5:45pm On Sep 22, 2020
oluwaSavage:
No No No I no gree, just say he
1 Fears impeachment
2 Lack the balls to go head to head with baba sope
3. probably he's filled with corruption allegations within
4. Afraid he cannot win while with the PDP

etc.

nobody knew Obaseki would be so popular and become people's favorite in this manner until he TRIED.

I would have voted Ambode in PDP then but baba cowardly chickened out.
I dnt blame tinubu I blame lagosians they did biggest fools when it comes to politics.they Sidon look tinubu grip Lagos even ibori dey use sense dey do e godfatherism in delta.but if any governor in delta state try like ambode ( build bus terminals) Nd fight ibori godfatherism.ibori go hear am o frm d pple.dt Niger Delta pple for u.even as ibos greedy reach dey try.in election
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by greenalwaz: 6:29pm On Sep 22, 2020
Oghene1st:
Akinwunmi Ambode did the right thing for not trying to do in Lagos what Obaseki did in Edo.

Reasons:

1. Ambode had nobody with him in Lagos State House of Assembly unlike Obaseki who enjoys the support of the Speaker of Edo State House of Assembly, Francis Okiye.

2. Ambode don't have the support of his 'Godfathered' deputy unlike Obaseki who has the full support of Philip Shaibu, a loyal and trustworthy deputy.

3. The PDP in Lagos which is under the weak leadership of Bode George has no member in any top political office in the state and in Nigeria compared to Edo state that has active Senators (2) and House of Reps (6) in the National Assembly.

4. Obaseki won the heart of Edo people by silencing the audacious thugs led by Tony Kabaka. Can you say that about Lagos?

5. Obaseki has many sympathisers in his former party APC, who worked for his re-election as Governor. The recognised Edo APC Faction Chairman is a good ally of Obaseki. That can not be said in the case of Ambode. All APC party members in Lagos lick the foot of Tinubu.

What I'm saying is that, it would be foolish for Ambode to pull that Obaseki's stunt in Lagos. Had it been he has done so, it might have damaged his political career.

Though, it is obvious that Muhammadu Buhari hates Godfatherism because he has been a victim of such practice. Now, under him, so many Godfathers were relegated in different States.

It is now up to Ambode who saved his political career to fight back. He lives to fight for good another day. That day should be closer than we all think.

AMBODE IS STILL A POLITICIAN.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2827821130650938&id=100002692371182
Well written!
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by Amumaigwe: 6:29pm On Sep 22, 2020
Oghene1st:
Akinwunmi Ambode did the right thing for not trying to do in Lagos what Obaseki did in Edo.

Reasons:

1. Ambode had nobody with him in Lagos State House of Assembly unlike Obaseki who enjoys the support of the Speaker of Edo State House of Assembly, Francis Okiye.

Obaseki made efforts ti woo and win some members of the state house of assembly to his iwn side. There is no proof Ambode attempted thst despite sitting atop 1 trillion naira annual budget.

2. Ambode don't have the support of his 'Godfathered' deputy unlike Obaseki who has the full support of Philip Shaibu, a loyal and trustworthy deputy. [/quote]

Obaseki also had a "Godfathered" deputy, Phillip Shuaibu. But he had the leadership skills and maturity Shuaibu could respect and trust, despising the alluring offer from Oshiomole to betray Obaseki and win himself APC governorship ticket.

3. The PDP in Lagos which is under the weak leadership of Bode George has no member in any top political office in the state and in Nigeria compared to Edo state that has active Senators (2) and House of Reps (6) in the National Assembly. [/quote]

PDP in Edo state was also equally passive. If not, why was it so easy for Obaseki to clinch the PDP governorship ticket a few days to deadline if there was any vibrant apiirant in the PDP's fold?

4. Obaseki won the heart of Edo people by silencing the audacious thugs led by Tony Kabaka. Can you say that about Lagos?
[/quote]

Ambode also won the hearts of Lagos people through his giant strides in infrastructural development especially in Epe.

5. Obaseki has many sympathisers in his former party APC, who worked for his re-election as Governor. The recognised Edo APC Faction Chairman is a good ally of Obaseki. That can not be said in the case of Ambode. All APC party members in Lagos lick the foot of Tinubu. [/quote]

Ambode had many sympathizer too especially among the teeming voting population of lagos state numbering over 6 million. They were waiting for him to make a move to save his political career by decamping to another party like Obaseki did lately. Unfortunately, he chickened out.

What I'm saying is that, it would be foolish for Ambode to pull that Obaseki's stunt in Lagos. Had it been he has done so, it might have damaged his political career.
[/quote]

Pulling the Obaseki stunt was the only option he had but perhaps didn't know. Now he chickened out without firing a single shot, is his political career not finished? Are you not following political events in Lagos lately? Wouldn't it have been more dignifying to have put up a fight before Tinubu hacked his political career to pieces?

Though, it is obvious that Muhammadu Buhari hates Godfatherism because he has been a victim of such practice. Now, under him, so many Godfathers were relegated in different States.

It is now up to Ambode who saved his political career to fight back. He lives to fight for good another day. That day should be closer than we all think. [/quote]

Ambode's political career is FINISHED. Anybody that allows Tinubu to truncate his political career once is finished forever unless he is finally uprooted from Lagos. If you doubt me, where is his impeached former depoty governor Femi Pedro?

[/quote]
AMBODE IS A FINISHED POLITICIAN.

[ttps://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2827821130650938&id=100002692371182[/quote]
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by josite: 6:55pm On Sep 22, 2020
Oluwo is the only follower ambode has.
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by onlyson16(m): 7:13pm On Sep 22, 2020
Theoarhics:
Yourbas are cowards and have sense of primitive loyalty.
and thats why they bow anyhow anywhere....slaver.y mindset...igbo man will ask u!! why should i bow for u? ar u my god? u de crazy??
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by onlyson16(m): 7:15pm On Sep 22, 2020
xcellentgraphic:
Can we take a break from tinubu news abeg
not now
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by eagleu: 7:18pm On Sep 22, 2020
seguno2:

Maybe his wife gave him a mind blowing service in the other room that made him feel invincible superman. He ended up being a underBat.
What a miserable miscalculation of the owner of Lagos and Lagosians

Haaaaaah!
More like it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by BlackFlamefromP: 7:25pm On Sep 22, 2020
Okay. Meet me in my hotel room by 6pm tomorrow!

Mindclinic:
N 1,000

1 Like

Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by Ofemannnu: 7:27pm On Sep 22, 2020
DennisEche:
THIS WEEK MUST BE HELL FOR ALL YORUBA MUSLIMS, BECAUSE THE WAY THEY ARE TORMENTING THEIR SLAVE MASTER THE BULLION VAN THIEF.
#LAGOSMUSTBEFREE

Why don't you free yourselves from poverty and backwardness first before you tell people who are better and richer than your generations to free themselves.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by Ofemannnu: 7:36pm On Sep 22, 2020
Theoarhics:
Yourbas are cowards and have sense of primitive loyalty.

But Yorubas have been and still above and better than your generations and generations unborn.Name anybody in your generations up to Yoruba people.You cannot find any till eternity..

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by eagleu: 8:07pm On Sep 22, 2020
golddare:

I no gree with you. I agreed that Shuaibu was one of Obaseki liver but if Ambode had damned the "godpikin" the supporters would have come out. All he needed was to reach out to the Niger Delta governors and the few in the North. Lagosians will support him. Do you think Edo supported PDP?, No, it was Obaseki. I am forced to join those who said he was not man enough to deliver Lagos from crooks. Suspend NURTW like Makinde did, put new people that are hungry there. OH Ambode even though he didn't win he would have demystified the godpikin.

Ambode is a typical coward, the type you read in children's books!
To compensate for his lack of inner strength, he had to demonstrate show of "power" against the hapless itinerant traders who happened to be mostly Igbos.

Like any school yard bully, he was loud when he should have been quiet, and then quiet when he should have been loud.

I don't want to ascribe the typical tribal characteristics to Ambode as a coward, because I know many Yoruba people who would die for their beliefs like Fajuyi!
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by seunoj: 9:23pm On Sep 22, 2020
Oghene1st:

Reasons:

2. Ambode don't have the support of his 'Godfathered' deputy unlike Obaseki who has the full support of Philip Shaibu, a loyal and trustworthy deputy.

3. The PDP in Lagos which is under the weak leadership of Bode George has no member in any top political office in the state and in Nigeria compared to Edo state that has active Senators (2) and House of Reps (6) in the National Assembly.

5. Obaseki has many sympathisers in his former party APC, who worked for his re-election as Governor. The recognised Edo APC Faction Chairman is a good ally of Obaseki. That can not be said in the case of Ambode. All APC party members in Lagos lick the foot of Tinubu.

It is now up to Ambode who saved his political career to fight back. He lives to fight for good another day. That day should be closer than we all think.

Ambo Na Yeye joor
They could not pull the stunt on Fashola cos he worked n the pple liked him and the party could not risk it. That cannot be said of ambo. Obvious greed made pple dislike him
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by Oshokalo: 9:51pm On Sep 22, 2020
I have said this same thing before,before Lagos will be taken from tinubu,it will be very hard,but I knw one day sha,I want all this agbero to be swept away with their broom
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by Obamaofusa: 9:53pm On Sep 22, 2020
able20:

Na lie you talk, the Revolution don start Lagos must be free from Tinubu and his Taliban style of leadership

So you want Lagos to be backward like your state too,abi?
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by golddare: 10:43pm On Sep 22, 2020
eagleu:

Ambode is a typical coward, the type you read in children's books!
To compensate for his lack of inner strength, he had to demonstrate show of "power" against the hapless itinerant traders who happened to be mostly Igbos.

Like any school yard bully, he was loud when he should have been quiet, and then quiet when he should have been loud.

I don't want to ascribe the typical tribal characteristics to Ambode as a coward, because I know many Yoruba people who would die for their beliefs like Fajuyi!

You are right, people like Abiola na. Cowardice no get tribe but then some culture has made some to dey respect over their human dignity. We the Yoruba ar guilty of that. It's time we open our eyes respect is reciprocal.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by 752hub: 7:35am On Sep 23, 2020
This is all baloni....the biggest mistake ambode made was he did not have any strategy and started his fight late. Obaseki did not wait for re- election, he started his moves early and wen reelection came he had already built a strong support base...alot of his commissioners and allies left obaseki, so it was not all rosy ....there was even an attempt to impeach him....learn this lesson in life...

Life never favors cowards....if you want to fight go all out and fight your fight....it's better you fight and loose with honor than to keep running and hiding in fear of the unknown. Tinubu is not god he can be defeated with a good strategy.
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by Franklinn1: 8:00am On Sep 23, 2020
fuckingAyaya:
Yoloba will remain slaves even in the next 10,000 years, Slaves to tinubu, slaves to Fulani.. that's why Fulani took over their land ( Ilorin ) and installed an Emir

1 Like

Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by Mindclinic: 8:50am On Sep 23, 2020
Lwkmd!!!!����
Make i come with pant or without pant?
You no well.��‍♀️
BlackFlamefromP:
Okay. Meet me in my hotel room by 6pm tomorrow!

Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by fuckingAyaya(m): 8:55am On Sep 23, 2020
Bar1941:

Your father is a bastard, make thunder kii you there.
Na stroke go kill ur mama las las go and mark it
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by fuckingAyaya(m): 8:58am On Sep 23, 2020
OkikiOluwa1:

I m not a bastard.
But you are.
If indeed you aren't a bastard you ll not describe your father's house with a left hand.
I never said you are Igbo or tagged you to a tribe.
But you just displayed your afternoon madness & rabid infection.
So if you aren't truly Igbo, where are you from?
Omo irankiran?
Oloriburuku go and find out yourself Omo eran
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by fuckingAyaya(m): 9:00am On Sep 23, 2020
LadiIshola:

You and your nyamiri brothers are the slaves. We know how to handle Tinubu and his band of thieves when it's time, not you bumbling i.diots who can never have a common front telling us what to do. Know your place and stay there!!
mumu you know how to handle which Tinubu ? Complain and get killed Ode Oluomo is ur next governor Omo eran
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by DennisEche(m): 10:46am On Sep 23, 2020
Ofemannnu:

Why don't you free yourselves from poverty and backwardness first before you tell people who are better and richer than your generations to free themselves.
YOU SEE, MENTAL SLAVERY. SLAVE MENTALITY
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by BluntNigerian: 11:01am On Sep 23, 2020
Oghene1st:

Reasons:

From everything you wrote, you just confirmed that Edo no be Lagos.
Ambode was also booty-licking too.
So, he got what booty-lickers deserved
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:54am On Sep 23, 2020
fuckingAyaya:
Oloriburuku go and find out yourself Omo eran
I just found out.
You are a dejected & rejected yoruba soul.
A true Omoluwabi ll not behave like an omo eran that you truly are.
Even some animals v dignity but you v none.
Maa siwin lo, your case is beyond repair!
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by fuckingAyaya(m): 11:57am On Sep 23, 2020
OkikiOluwa1:

I just found out.
You are a dejected & rejected yoruba soul.
A true Omoluwabi ll not behave like an omo eran that you truly are.
Even some animals v dignity but you v none.
Maa siwin lo, your case is beyond repair!
ode who is OMoluwabi ll better don't give urself hypertension and use ur tongue to count ur teeth shalom
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by Bar1941(m): 12:05pm On Sep 23, 2020
fuckingAyaya:
Na stroke go kill ur mama las las go and mark it

Unfortunate being, na Ogun (god of iron) go kill you, kill your papa, mama and entire generation join, before this year finish the Ogun must strike, I de send am to you now and it must strike anytime soon, bsstard. I de wait for you ooo.
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by fuckingAyaya(m): 12:52pm On Sep 23, 2020
Bar1941:

Unfortunate being, na Ogun (god of iron) go kill you, kill your papa, mama and entire generation join, before this year finish the Ogun must strike, I de send am to you now and it must strike anytime soon, bsstard. I de wait for you ooo.
lol ode no wait for me go wait for ur mama for chalet I'm done with u if e pain you hit slam ur head for wall
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by Bar1941(m): 1:55pm On Sep 23, 2020
fuckingAyaya:
lol ode no wait for me go wait for ur mama for chalet I'm done with u if e pain you hit slam ur head for wall

I don tell you wetin I wan tell you, you entire family go burn dem no go see una ashes, you beast.
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:01pm On Sep 23, 2020
fuckingAyaya:
ode who is OMoluwabi ll better don't give urself hypertension and use ur tongue to count ur teeth shalom
When your madness start for real, they won't know where you v fenuko.
Maa siwin lo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ali Kachalla: Unveiling The Zamfara Terror Kingpin Who Downed NAF Jet / N23b Oshodi Transport Hub VS N19b Uyo Stadium - Which White Elephant Is Whiter? / Emeka Nwajiuba Nominated For Ministerial Appointment By Buhari Is A Lawmaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.