Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,250 members, 7,953,933 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:15 AM

Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu (48548 Views)

Edo Election: Philip Shaibu Dances To Celebrate PDP And Obaseki's Victory / Edo No Be Lagos, Una Go Soon See Why Ambode Is Smarter Than Obaseki / Muiz Banire: Why Ambode Doesn't Deserve 2nd Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by bobosydney: 11:30am On Sep 22, 2020
Ambode is an Ondo man while Obaseki is a full Benin man and who know Ambode in Lagos ? He is a son of immigrant in Lagos state and can he show us the house of his Great & Grandparents in Lagos ? Because he claimed that he's from my local government but we know ourselves when is turn to son of soil. I always laugh when those chest beaters from other side of Niger bridge always to they know history or control Lagos.
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by niyidenrele: 11:33am On Sep 22, 2020
DennisEche:
THIS WEEK MUST BE HELL FOR ALL YORUBA MUSLIMS, BECAUSE THE WAY THEY ARE TORMENTING THEIR SLAVE MASTER THE BULLION VAN THIEF.
#LAGOSMUSTBEFREE
every dogs must have it's day , Mark my words your own time is coming
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by Jayug(m): 11:34am On Sep 22, 2020
Every political appointee in that state has a recommendation letter from one man. and it is not easy to go against your master unless you have got likely power, money and connection. like they say, Edo no be Lagos.
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:37am On Sep 22, 2020
oluwaSavage:
No No No I no gree, just say he
1 Fears impeachment
2 Lack the balls to go head to head with baba sope
3. probably he's filled with corruption allegations within
4. Afraid he cannot win while with the PDP

etc.

nobody knew Obaseki would be so popular and become people's favorite in this manner until he TRIED.

I would have voted Ambode in PDP then but baba cowardly chickened out.

There is nothing like Baba Sope or Amala politics in Lagos.

Yes, Tinubu is highly regarded, but he is not the only one who is highly regarded in the top echelon of Lagos politics.

Tinubu and Fashola had their own squabbles too, yet Fashola finished 8 years uninterrupted.

Ambode created his own downfall.

He was not a party governor. He showed his elitist side by disregarding the structure that believed in him. There are some very influential party members in Lagos whom you just cannot push aside. They may not be rich, but they are experienced politicians who know how to pull the crowd and the goodwill of Lagosians. They are scattered all over Lagos, from Gbagada to Badagry. Disregard these people, and your goodwill will disappear.

Also, Ambode could have had Fashola's grace against all odds only if he had worked just as hard as Fashola worked.

For 4 years, what did Ambode do? How did he carry on with Fashola's legacies, especially in terms of road and rail projects which Lagos needs very much to contain its chronic holdup issues?

They couldn't have tried what they did to Ambode with Fashola because Fashola had built a solid following.

Even Tinubu must have realized that fighting Fashola would have undermined his reputation in Lagos.

But Ambode was unpopular. He was the root cause of his own downfall.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 22, 2020
Viruscorona:
Bottom line is Ambode gave up without a fight and he still lost.... To me it would have been better for him to lose under the platform of the PDP than to be weeded out in the primary election by the APC

I concur with you on the above.
But truth be told, Lagos political environment is an anomaly,considering the political thugs who would even be shielded by law enforcement officials e.g the case in Oshodi during the presidential elections. PDP was the clear favorite of the electorate in that area but we all know how it went.
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by Kingbuhari(m): 11:41am On Sep 22, 2020
It's better to fight and die than to run without throwing a single punch and still die.... Amobode is a coward
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by jimmynauty: 11:42am On Sep 22, 2020
jericco1:
Ambode was too weak

with the points the op raised i dont think ambode was weak...rather he choose his battles - another day.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by joefelin2345: 11:43am On Sep 22, 2020
fuckingAyaya:
Yorubas won't support Ambode because they ain't ready to Emacipate from Mental slavery
You are complete bastard for saying this. Who is Ambode? Was it not the same Jagaban Borgu that lifted him up politically? Yoruba don't support a nonentity and too arrogant people like him. A clergyman was innocently punished for no offence under his watch. Mark it, hr is finish politically in Lagos State. Let him go and try his luck in Ondo State where he comes from. After all, his father came from there.
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by Cautemoc(m): 11:45am On Sep 22, 2020
My first nairaland Comment- The way igbos and yorubas dey behave for here dey surprise me! Well for the records I'm a Delta guy but based in Ogun' Automatically I be omo ibo even though I'm a southern boy- See eeh this life na mentality be everything!! Since I dey this Ogun for over 3yrs, I've never once been discriminated cos I be omo ibo or whatever cos in my mind I've never once harboured any discrimination for anybody! I be omo ibo but a Yoruba man gave me his house to be staying for free since over 3yrs!! I be omo ibo but if I go street go boil na me area boys go first give weed make I dey alright b4 they give their own Yoruba people!! I be omo ibo but if I go stadium go ball I be first name on the team!! See my people the hatred here is too much!! I be Omo Ibo but I can die for a Yoruba!! If you be omo ibo and you're having problems in the west' it's ur mentality that's affecting you!!! I'm out and forgive my punctuations my touchpad aight working

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by Kingbuhari(m): 11:47am On Sep 22, 2020
chrisxxx:
Ambode did what was best for him as of them. He contested the primary but never made it. It is as simple as that. I could remember what IYC told Jonathan he was being asked not to contest. They told him not contesting at all was an act of cowardice alien to the Ijaw people. According to them they would prefer he contested and failed than backing out with no fight.
If Ambode had defected to PDP his chances of winning was blurred. He might even be impeached before the election date. If he had done that he would have been in prison now or close to it.
Tinubu the Lord and Messi of Yellowbar Muslim has spoken... Gbaaaaaam
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 22, 2020
QUITE FRANKLY THE ODDS WHERE NOT IN FAVOUR OF AMBODE. I DON'T THINK HE IS A COWARD. HE JUST DID THE RIGHT CALCULATION.
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by kolade560: 11:53am On Sep 22, 2020
majamajic:

Exactly , if he didn't win as we all expected , at least he would have cut his tail a bit
that's it
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by hollah123: 11:55am On Sep 22, 2020
Cautemoc:
My first nairaland Comment- The way igbos and yorubas dey behave for here dey surprise me! Well for the records I'm a Delta guy but based in Ogun' Automatically I be omo ibo even though I'm a southern boy- See eeh this life na mentality be everything!! Since I dey this Ogun for over 3yrs, I've never once been discriminated cos I be omo ibo or whatever cos in my mind I've never once harboured any discrimination for anybody! I be omo ibo but a Yoruba man gave me his house to be staying for free since over 3yrs!! I be omo ibo but if I go street go boil na me area boys go first give weed make I dey alright b4 they give their own Yoruba people!! I be omo ibo but if I go stadium go ball I be first name on the team!! See my people the hatred here is too much!! I be Omo Ibo but I can die for a Yoruba!! If you be omo ibo and you're having problems in the west' it's ur mentality that's affecting you!!! I'm out and forgive my punctuations my touchpad aight working
God bless u bro,that is what is it but I am always very surprised anytime I see rubbish from Igbos here.
Nobody dey send anybody for here,like seriously I relate with Igbos well offline even I prefer to buy clothes at my Igbo friends boutique than a Yoruba cos I see him as my friend,even they teach me many of their language especially when it comes to wooing in Igbo language but just imagine how your people treat Yoruba people here.

please what can u say about d issue of Yoruba Muslim n Christian since u have spent some time here

1 Like

Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by drLammy(m): 11:59am On Sep 22, 2020
Ambode was too weak to help himself reason he never had anyone on his side
Since he has his own personal Political appointees in his government who should have been100 percent Loyal to him but they couldn't because himself would have affected their own career with his weakness

I could recall one of his commissioner and SA had to resign because of the conspiracy against him
He should have identified his Loyalist within the party and elevate them to his advantage but he didn't so nobody is going to fight for him

Thus, Ambode is not a Typical Nigerian Politician
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by UDUJ(m): 12:03pm On Sep 22, 2020
Stop giving excuses for cowardice. He should have caged MC Oluomo the way Kabaka was caged in Edo. Create several rifts in the Lagos state NURTW that MC Oluomo heads. Use his own goons to fight Oluomo and his thugs.

He was a sitting governor for crying out loud.

Tinubus power lies with his thugs.

Mentions will be ignored. I don't respond to cowards.
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by golddare: 12:05pm On Sep 22, 2020
Oghene1st:
Akinwunmi Ambode did the right thing for not trying to do in Lagos what Obaseki did in Edo.

Reasons:

1. Ambode had nobody with him in Lagos State House of Assembly unlike Obaseki who enjoys the support of the Speaker of Edo State House of Assembly, Francis Okiye.

2. Ambode don't have the support of his 'Godfathered' deputy unlike Obaseki who has the full support of Philip Shaibu, a loyal and trustworthy deputy.

3. The PDP in Lagos which is under the weak leadership of Bode George has no member in any top political office in the state and in Nigeria compared to Edo state that has active Senators (2) and House of Reps (6) in the National Assembly.

4. Obaseki won the heart of Edo people by silencing the audacious thugs led by Tony Kabaka. Can you say that about Lagos?

5. Obaseki has many sympathisers in his former party APC, who worked for his re-election as Governor. The recognised Edo APC Faction Chairman is a good ally of Obaseki. That can not be said in the case of Ambode. All APC party members in Lagos lick the foot of Tinubu.

What I'm saying is that, it would be foolish for Ambode to pull that Obaseki's stunt in Lagos. Had it been he has done so, it might have damaged his political career.

Though, it is obvious that Muhammadu Buhari hates Godfatherism because he has been a victim of such practice. Now, under him, so many Godfathers were relegated in different States.

It is now up to Ambode who saved his political career to fight back. He lives to fight for good another day. That day should be closer than we all think.

AMBODE IS STILL A POLITICIAN.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2827821130650938&id=100002692371182

I no gree with you. I agreed that Shuaibu was one of Obaseki liver but if Ambode had damned the "godpikin" the supporters would have come out. All he needed was to reach out to the Niger Delta governors and the few in the North. Lagosians will support him. Do you think Edo supported PDP?, No, it was Obaseki. I am forced to join those who said he was not man enough to deliver Lagos from crooks. Suspend NURTW like Makinde did, put new people that are hungry there. OH Ambode! Anyways.
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by Nanavati(m): 12:05pm On Sep 22, 2020
the truth is Ambode didn't have any structure in lagos before he was elected and even after being elected he didn't even try to build structure he was so dependent on is godfather that was why he couldn't do anything
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by omooba969(m): 12:11pm On Sep 22, 2020
oluwaSavage:
No No No I no gree, just say he
1 Fears impeachment
2 Lack the balls to go head to head with baba sope
3. probably he's filled with corruption allegations within
4. Afraid he cannot win while with the PDP

etc.

nobody knew Obaseki would be so popular and become people's favorite in this manner until he TRIED.

I would have voted Ambode in PDP then but baba cowardly chickened out.

Ambode's hands were dirty already from his days as AG and it was only wise that he threw in the towel somehow.

Remember the problems he had with fashola, bypassing the governor while answering to Jagaban.

Ambode is not clean.
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by golddare: 12:14pm On Sep 22, 2020
Oghene1st:
Akinwunmi Ambode did the right thing for not trying to do in Lagos what Obaseki did in Edo.

Reasons:

1. Ambode had nobody with him in Lagos State House of Assembly unlike Obaseki who enjoys the support of the Speaker of Edo State House of Assembly, Francis Okiye.

2. Ambode don't have the support of his 'Godfathered' deputy unlike Obaseki who has the full support of Philip Shaibu, a loyal and trustworthy deputy.

3. The PDP in Lagos which is under the weak leadership of Bode George has no member in any top political office in the state and in Nigeria compared to Edo state that has active Senators (2) and House of Reps (6) in the National Assembly.

4. Obaseki won the heart of Edo people by silencing the audacious thugs led by Tony Kabaka. Can you say that about Lagos?

5. Obaseki has many sympathisers in his former party APC, who worked for his re-election as Governor. The recognised Edo APC Faction Chairman is a good ally of Obaseki. That can not be said in the case of Ambode. All APC party members in Lagos lick the foot of Tinubu.

What I'm saying is that, it would be foolish for Ambode to pull that Obaseki's stunt in Lagos. Had it been he has done so, it might have damaged his political career.

Though, it is obvious that Muhammadu Buhari hates Godfatherism because he has been a victim of such practice. Now, under him, so many Godfathers were relegated in different States.

It is now up to Ambode who saved his political career to fight back. He lives to fight for good another day. That day should be closer than we all think.

AMBODE IS STILL A POLITICIAN.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2827821130650938&id=100002692371182

I no gree with you. I agreed that Shuaibu was one of Obaseki liver but if Ambode had damned the "godpikin" the supporters would have come out. All he needed was to reach out to the Niger Delta governors and the few in the North. Lagosians will support him. Do you think Edo supported PDP?, No, it was Obaseki. I am forced to join those who said he was not man enough to deliver Lagos from crooks. Suspend NURTW like Makinde did, put new people that are hungry there. OH Ambode even though he didn't win he would have demystified the godpikin.
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by Koffiatama: 12:15pm On Sep 22, 2020
You've made good points, but you're not entirely right. Your coach brings you to the field, but won't tell you how to run or kick a ball.

Money talks in Nigeria politics. Ambode didn't use it to his advantage by buying some of the 'longerthroat' house members
At the beginning, very few outsiders considered Obasekis victory when he decamped.

Walking away from a godfather is like leaving the comfort of your home at a certain age to hustle in a foreign land. Chances are you'll make or fail. You just have to believe in yourself

Not every Tinubu's loyalist is truly loyal. Many just don't have a choice. Ambode should've provided them with that and see.
PDP has a good structure in Lagos, it needs one man to demystify Tinubu for others to thrive
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by Bar1941(m): 12:15pm On Sep 22, 2020
fuckingAyaya:
Yorubas won't support Ambode because they ain't ready to Emacipate from Mental slavery

Foool, your forefathers that were emancipated why were their progenies still coming to yorubaland in their millions to work as housemaids?

Whoever the yoruba's supported is who they supported why are you guys pained? Eeediot.
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by DennisEche(m): 12:16pm On Sep 22, 2020
niyidenrele:
every dogs must have it's day , Mark my words your own time is coming
OLOMAJE, YOU ALREADY HAVE YOURS. I JUMP AND PASS
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by maxzzo1(m): 12:18pm On Sep 22, 2020
na nature
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by AlphaT1(m): 12:56pm On Sep 22, 2020
But where are all those ones always attacking PDP protagonists with phrases like IPOB, rented crowd, Obaseki is a goner/loser?....all of a sudden only PDP protagonists' voices are loud here. Wetin happen?
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by fuckingAyaya(m): 12:58pm On Sep 22, 2020
Bar1941:

Foool, your forefathers that were emancipated why were their progenies still coming to yorubaland in their millions to work as housemaids?

Whoever the yoruba's supported is who they supported why are you guys pained? Eeediot.

it easier for a snail to reach USA than for yorubas to be free from tinubu chains you bastard
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by Brooklynsouth(f): 1:00pm On Sep 22, 2020
Okoroawusa:
Another tinubu thread?
Una go tire
Yoruba how far
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by fuckingAyaya(m): 1:00pm On Sep 22, 2020
joefelin2345:
You are complete bastard for saying this. Who is Ambode? Was it not the same Jagaban Borgu that lifted him up politically? Yoruba don't support a nonentity and too arrogant people like him. A clergyman was innocently punished for no offence under his watch. Mark it, hr is finish politically in Lagos State. Let him go and try his luck in Ondo State where he comes from. After all, his father came from there.
go and tell ur useless father this one you product of sperm donor.unity beggers
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by fuckingAyaya(m): 1:02pm On Sep 22, 2020
LadiIshola:

Your monicker says it all.... Fo.ck.ing i.diot!!!
ode Emancipate yourself you slave
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by niyidenrele: 1:02pm On Sep 22, 2020
DennisEche:

OLOMAJE, YOU ALREADY HAVE YOURS. I JUMP AND PASS
lol.. but no condition is permanent
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by AIT1(m): 1:02pm On Sep 22, 2020
Carmal90:

A serious and determined federal might will nullify tinubu in lagos...
Carmal90 post=94187163:

A serious and determined federal might will nullify tinubu in lagos...

2015 is a clear pointer..

I don't agree bro.

Remember in 2007 Governorship elections when OBJ; the president came to Lagos as PDP were determined to take Lagos that year.

2015 is a clear pointer..
Re: Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu by Wannabenz: 1:03pm On Sep 22, 2020
All your points are true! if Ambode had followed obaseki's footsteps; He would have been killed like Funsho Williams

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ondo Youths Commission Road "On Behalf Of The Governor" (Video) / Bandits Abduct Students Of Islamiyya School, Katsina In Fresh Attack / PDP Governors Give Jonathan New Conditions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.