Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,908 members, 7,810,495 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

My Final Opinion About Tithing. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Final Opinion About Tithing. (1537 Views)

The Truth About Tithing - Pastor Murphy Akpovi / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Final Opinion About Tithing. by englishmart(m): 1:24pm On Sep 22, 2020
Whenever the issue of tithing surfaces, several people get to agree or disagree; there's usually some heated arguments. I don't want to make make this post tedious, let me go straight.

The Bible says in Malachi that a tithe defaulter actually robs God. How can one rob the source of wealth itself?
This is like a case of a Dad, gifting his son 20k and still call him a thief if he doesn't return 2k later. Why not remove the 2k yourself, since you're the one the money is going back to, and give me 18k, so I won't be guilty of robbery?

2 Likes

Re: My Final Opinion About Tithing. by MrTAnonymous(m): 1:27pm On Sep 22, 2020
I would rather give out my money to charity than to pay one useless tithe to a pastor that would probably mismanage the money.

Waiting for the "tithe is compulsory" gang to bombard this thread.

Incase you don't know na me talk
Re: My Final Opinion About Tithing. by englishmart(m): 1:29pm On Sep 22, 2020
MrTAnonymous:
I would rather give out my money to charity than to pay one useless tithe to a pastor that would probably mismanage the money.

You're correct.
Btw
You're anonymous, so it's useless to say na you talk am. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Final Opinion About Tithing. by MrTAnonymous(m): 1:46pm On Sep 22, 2020
englishmart:

You're correct.
Btw

Your opinions are on point bro.

Re: My Final Opinion About Tithing. by MrTAnonymous(m): 1:47pm On Sep 22, 2020
englishmart:

You're correct.
Btw

grin grin grin

Re: My Final Opinion About Tithing. by MightySparrow: 2:02pm On Sep 22, 2020
englishmart:
Whenever the issue of tithing surfaces, several people get to agree or disagree; there's usually some heated arguments. I don't want to go make make this post tedious, let me go straight.

The Bible says in Malachi that a tithe defaulter actually robs God. How can one rob the source of wealth itself?
This is like a case of a Dad, gifting his son 20k and still call him a thief if he doesn't return 2k later. Why not remove the 2k yourself, since you're the one the money is going back to, and give me 18k, so I won't be guilty of robbery?
A wrong teacher of wrong student in a wrong church.
Re: My Final Opinion About Tithing. by MrTAnonymous(m): 2:05pm On Sep 22, 2020
MightySparrow:
A wrong teacher of wrong student in a wrong church.

Here they come.
"The tithe is compulsory" gang.

Welcome smiley

Re: My Final Opinion About Tithing. by MightySparrow: 3:36pm On Sep 22, 2020
MrTAnonymous:

Here they come. "The tithe is compulsory" gang.
Welcome smiley

Re: My Final Opinion About Tithing. by MightySparrow: 3:50pm On Sep 22, 2020
MrTAnonymous:

Here they come.
"The tithe is compulsory" gang.

Welcome smiley

If God has decided to give you 100 years would you like him deduct 10 years for anticipated sin?
Re: My Final Opinion About Tithing. by MrTAnonymous(m): 4:46pm On Sep 22, 2020
MightySparrow:
If God has decided to give you 100 years would you like him deduct 10 years for anticipated sin?

And how does your post correlate with the topic?

Re: My Final Opinion About Tithing. by petra1(m): 4:46pm On Sep 22, 2020
englishmart:

Wrong ! What do you say about God giving Abraham a son and later ask him to worship him by sacrificing his son. The issue is not about the money, the son or the offering . Its about the fact that God has given you a free will and he want you to exercise it to worship him and also God want to see your detachment from any other thing in honor of him.

You could also have asked why would God want us to prY to him . Why dont he just bless .Why dont he just make us not sin .

He gave us power of will ,he tells us what to do and watch us express that will. Either by using style to horde things from him or we express our honor for him
Re: My Final Opinion About Tithing. by englishmart(m): 6:56pm On Sep 22, 2020
petra1:

Wrong ! What do you say about God giving Abraham a son and later ask him to worship him by sacrificing his son. The issue is not about the money, the son or the offering . Its about the fact that God has given you a free will and he want you to exercise it to worship him and also God want to see your detachment from any other thing in honor of him.

You could also have asked why would God want us to prY to him . Why dont he just bless .Why dont he just make us not sin .

He gave us power of will ,he tells us what to do and watch us express that will. Either by using style to horde things from him or we express our honor for him
Will, will, will. Why should someone who gave you free will still punish you for exercising your will?

1 Like

Re: My Final Opinion About Tithing. by englishmart(m): 7:00pm On Sep 22, 2020
MrTAnonymous:

Your opinions are on point bro.

Thanks. I love your trade mark.

1 Like

Re: My Final Opinion About Tithing. by petra1(m): 7:36pm On Sep 22, 2020
englishmart:
Will, will, will. Why should someone who gave you free will still punish you for exercising your will?

He gives the consequences of the choices . When you make the wrong choice ,you chose the cosewuenxe by will

Deuteronomy 30:19
I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore[b] choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live[/b]:

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
Re: My Final Opinion About Tithing. by MightySparrow: 8:57pm On Sep 22, 2020
MrTAnonymous:

And how does your post correlate with the topic?
Read original post
Re: My Final Opinion About Tithing. by Kobojunkie: 2:52am On Oct 03, 2020
englishmart:
Whenever the issue of tithing surfaces, several people get to agree or disagree; there's usually some heated arguments. I don't want to make make this post tedious, let me go straight.

What is sad is you probably believe your opinion weighs heavier than the very word out of God's own mouth. undecided undecided
Re: My Final Opinion About Tithing. by paxonel(m): 5:38am On Oct 03, 2020
englishmart:

good thought
Re: My Final Opinion About Tithing. by paxonel(m): 5:39am On Oct 03, 2020
Kobojunkie:
What is sad is you probably believe your opinion weighs heavier than the very word out of God's own mouth. undecided undecided
which God mouth?
Re: My Final Opinion About Tithing. by Kobojunkie: 5:43am On Oct 03, 2020
paxonel:
which God mouth?
You tell me... what God was the OP pretending to speak on behalf of? undecided undecided
Re: My Final Opinion About Tithing. by paxonel(m): 5:50am On Oct 03, 2020
Kobojunkie:
You tell me... what God was the OP pretending to speak on behalf of? undecided undecided
he wasn't pretending anything.
He was speaking on behalf of Jesus Christ the founder of the new covenant where all Christians belong, not the old covenant where there was Malachi.

You have to understand that God is the God of time and time changes.
There was time for the old covenant where tithing was the case, God stood by tithing then.
Now is the time for salvation, circumcision, tithing or whatever Jewish law availeth no longer, you have to understand that
Re: My Final Opinion About Tithing. by Kobojunkie: 6:07am On Oct 03, 2020
paxonel:
he wasn't pretending anything.
He was speaking on behalf of Jesus Christ the founder of the new covenant where all Christians belong, not the old covenant where there was Malachi.

You have to understand that God is the God of time and time changes.
There was time for the old covenant where tithing was the case, God stood by tithing then.
Now is the time for salvation, circumcision, tithing or whatever Jewish law availeth no longer, you have to understand that
Do you know what it means for a covenant to be listed an EVERLASTING? It means that it is forever to remain. The Old Covenant was never done away with, not by God or even through Jesus Christ. So, the Old Covenant remains the same even to this day. Heaven and Earth will pass away but the word of God -- His Covenant with His people Israel, will forever remain. Even to this day, the Old Covenant is still in operation -- Not a word of it has changed or will change. So, the statement that now is the time of salvation and that tithing or whatever Jewish Law availeth no longer, is an erroneous statement to make.

Remember, the Old Covenent was an agreement made strictly between God and the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, even then, and to this day. Gentiles were never "Covered" under that agreement, and so the tithing and Jewish Laws NEVER applied as far as non-jewish people were concerned. God was specific about those who could be a part of that agreement and He never mentioned or let Gentiles into that agreement to begin with. So when you find people who were never counted among, trying to partake, it has been out of ignorance on their part and not God's truth.

What exists today? The Old Covenant, which still holds true today even as it did from the beginning for the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and the New Covenant which was set up for both the Israelites and the gentiles. Now may seem a time of salvation for the gentiles, but it is still the time of the Old Covenant for the Jews. Passover, Tithing, the making of Vows, Offerings, years of Jubilee etc. All that is still in practice to this day, at least according to God's commandments to His people, Israel.
Re: My Final Opinion About Tithing. by Kobojunkie: 7:30pm On Oct 03, 2020
englishmart:
May I suggest you do some real research to understand why God said what He did in the book of Malachi, rather than assuming you have it all figured out, when you based your understanding simply on the words(lies) of a bunch of charlatans out there who call themselves men-of-god. undecided
Re: My Final Opinion About Tithing. by CodeTemplar: 7:46pm On Oct 03, 2020
englishmart:

In your analogy, the 2k serves a sign of acknowledgement of his sources, and that sources simply demands it as a sign of submission and part of a design for the church of Christ.

If God removes work from faith then everyone can go on a spree empty faith delusion. Works is complementary to faith. Faith without works is dead.
Re: My Final Opinion About Tithing. by englishmart(m): 12:53pm On Oct 07, 2020
CodeTemplar:
In your analogy, the 2k serves a sign of acknowledgement of his sources, and that sources simply demands it as a sign of submission and part of a design for the church of Christ.

If God removes work from faith then everyone can go on a spree empty faith delusion. Works is complementary to faith. Faith without works is dead.

Demand of the church of christ or of the fake pastors around. We only see the relevance of the old testament when it comes to tithing, otherwise it's redundant.

1 Like

Re: My Final Opinion About Tithing. by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 07, 2020
This reminds me of the Archbishop of Canterbury during the European plague who said, “ people seem to die of the plague regardless of tithes or no tithes”
Re: My Final Opinion About Tithing. by Kobojunkie: 4:13pm On Oct 07, 2020
englishmart:
Demand of the church of christ or of the fake pastors around. We only see the relevance of the old testament when it comes to tithing, otherwise it's redundant.
For the descendants of Israel, to whom tithing law is in fact binding, the message from Malachi to the Levites and Priests is still true today and will continue to remain so forever.
Re: My Final Opinion About Tithing. by Gainman: 5:00pm On Oct 07, 2020
MrTAnonymous:

Waiting for the "tithe is compulsory" gang to bombard this thread.

Nah someone wey no get shishi for him account dey always talk like this.
Re: My Final Opinion About Tithing. by englishmart(m): 9:21pm On Oct 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:
For the descendants of Israel, to whom tithing law is in fact binding, the message from Malachi to the Levites and Priests is still true today and will continue to remain so forever.

Are there levites In Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: My Final Opinion About Tithing. by Kobojunkie: 9:27pm On Oct 07, 2020
englishmart:
Are there levites In Nigeria?
You tell me.... you are the one who started this thread suggesting what God said in Malachi somehow has something to do with what is going on today in Nigeria.
englishmart:
Are the Nigerians in question direct descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, draggin God into this Tithing debate among Nigerians?
Re: My Final Opinion About Tithing. by englishmart(m): 6:20am On Oct 08, 2020
Kobojunkie:
You tell me.... you are the one who started this thread suggesting what God said in Malachi somehow has something to do with what is going on today in Nigeria.

Are the Nigerians in question direct descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, draggin God into this Tithing debate among Nigerians?
Exactly why we should alienate ourselves from tithing, it's not our obligation.

1 Like

Re: My Final Opinion About Tithing. by Kobojunkiee: 6:03pm On Oct 08, 2020
englishmart:
Exactly why we should alienate ourselves from tithing, it's not our obligation.
The Nigerian problem has never really been a God-problem but instead a problem that stems from ignorance, and arrogance, on the part of the many Nigerians who pretend to worship God of the Bible. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Y Is God Keeping Silent..... / Claims Of Jews About Jesus / Nairaland Atheists , Is This Man Good Or Evil After Doing All These ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.