Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,166 members, 7,835,902 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

FINCEN Files: U.S. Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Malabu OPL 245 Fund Transfers - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FINCEN Files: U.S. Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Malabu OPL 245 Fund Transfers (14474 Views)

Nigerian Man Who Criticized Goodluck Jonathan Over Exchange Rate (2014 Vs 2023) / 2023: God’s Wrath Waiting – Sule Lamido Threatens Jonathan Over Defection To APC / EFCC Urged To Seize Dan Etete’s Private Jet Over Malabu Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FINCEN Files: U.S. Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Malabu OPL 245 Fund Transfers by sinkhole: 5:04pm On Sep 22, 2020
cosmos1440:
Our "Stealing is not Corruption" ex-president, will soon be called to tell the whole world how "Stealing is not Corruption".

Never again will PDP rule this country. The wereys and ndiaras of the pd pigs will still come to defend the corrupt leaders.
it is finished! This guy is gone embarassed
Re: FINCEN Files: U.S. Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Malabu OPL 245 Fund Transfers by Miracle1991: 5:06pm On Sep 22, 2020
PDPdestroyer:
Why is the US going after Nigeria's finest rulers and democrats? grin
We should all rise up to resist any attempt to rubbish these guys who did a lot for the betterment of the country. grin
I could recall we were all living in affluence till 2015 before Buhari came and brought this hardship on us. cheesy
I personally built 10 houses during Jonathan's reign, but haven't moult a single block since Buhari came. grin
I call on all well-meaning Nigerians to rise up and kick against this travesty. cheesy
Finally, I can see Tinubu's hand in all of these because these reports just started coming out few days after Edo people rejected him from pocketing their state like he's doing in every APC state grin
how old are you? Building 10 houses with corrupt money abi?
Re: FINCEN Files: U.S. Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Malabu OPL 245 Fund Transfers by salam8528: 5:09pm On Sep 22, 2020
Madibah:

I agree that the pdp regime was corrupt but we were still living fine
But with just 5 years APC has been ruling now it's more worst than PDP 16years
So tell WTF
We know politicians are corrupt but APC is taking corruption to the next level..
Una go find out before 2025
nothing special will happen in 2023, the will all move to the party that wins the presidential election. The earlier u understand that a 3rd force without interference of PDP or APC is what we need the better for us all.
Re: FINCEN Files: U.S. Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Malabu OPL 245 Fund Transfers by salam8528: 5:12pm On Sep 22, 2020
SpatialKing:
Hope when they start investigating Buhari and his allies too nobody would say the USA are interfering in Nigerian affairs...
whatever, anybody that is guilty should be prosecuted, all the is petty sentiment won't help us
Re: FINCEN Files: U.S. Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Malabu OPL 245 Fund Transfers by guru90: 5:15pm On Sep 22, 2020
seunmsg:
Yesterday, it was crooked Atiku that was bursted. Today, it’s Jonathan and his corruit friends. Still, some people want us to return these PDP rogues to power.

Shell and Eni are currently undergoing trial in Italy for their roles in the Malabu scam. Sadly, Jonathan and other Nigerian rogues involved in the scam are roaming the streets freely. If Buhari go after them, they will call it persecution.

Yes...

No problem.
we need that 16 years back to sit or else.............................................
Re: FINCEN Files: U.S. Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Malabu OPL 245 Fund Transfers by Yankee101: 5:28pm On Sep 22, 2020
Misleading title

Not probed, regular check of transfers for all PEP (Politically Exposed Persons) in banking. And nothing was found. Stop misleading people
Re: FINCEN Files: U.S. Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Malabu OPL 245 Fund Transfers by Sircarma99: 5:29pm On Sep 22, 2020
seunmsg:
Yesterday, it was crooked Atiku that was bursted. Today, it’s Jonathan and his corruit friends. Still, some people want us to return these PDP rogues to power.

Shell and Eni are currently undergoing trial in Italy for their roles in the Malabu scam. Sadly, Jonathan and other Nigerian rogues involved in the scam are roaming the streets freely. If Buhari go after them, they will call it persecution.
If you don't mention OBJ then you are also corrupt.
Re: FINCEN Files: U.S. Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Malabu OPL 245 Fund Transfers by Johnsinia(m): 5:35pm On Sep 22, 2020
Both the op and the admin who allowed this post without pre reading it are olodos and controversial entities... band me if you like... but the truth must be said...
Re: FINCEN Files: U.S. Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Malabu OPL 245 Fund Transfers by saintade01(m): 6:03pm On Sep 22, 2020
Madibah:

So tell WTF
We know politicians are corrupt but APC is taking corruption to the next level..

You think we're suffering now, no its building. Every country has passed this stage but we keep on shifting it forward by different administration of the pdp. If Obasanjo has done the nation building Buhari is doing currently, we would have reaping and enjoying the goodies by now.
So I'm sure you will see it by 2025. God keep you alive
Re: FINCEN Files: U.S. Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Malabu OPL 245 Fund Transfers by obicoself(m): 6:05pm On Sep 22, 2020
Some people don't read before commenting.
Anyway, you can make your money legitimately and from the comfort of your home without stress.

Think Supersage, think wealth
Reach out through the WhatsApp no below for info.
08057410591 Whatsapp only.

Re: FINCEN Files: U.S. Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Malabu OPL 245 Fund Transfers by Ifaa123: 6:05pm On Sep 22, 2020
Did you read the post to end before commenting?

post=94192616]Yesterday, it was crooked Atiku that was bursted. Today, it’s Jonathan and his corruit friends. Still, some people want us to return these PDP rogues to power.

Shell and Eni are currently undergoing trial in Italy for their roles in the Malabu scam. Sadly, Jonathan and other Nigerian rogues involved in the scam are roaming the streets freely. If Buhari go after them, they will call it persecution. [/quote]
Re: FINCEN Files: U.S. Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Malabu OPL 245 Fund Transfers by Earnonline2: 6:21pm On Sep 22, 2020
Ok
Re: FINCEN Files: U.S. Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Malabu OPL 245 Fund Transfers by seunmsg(m): 6:25pm On Sep 22, 2020
I can see so many supporters of crooked Atiku and Jonathan crawling all over my mention like ants all over sugar. Una go wail tire.

If it was Tinubu’s name that came up regarding this FINCEN files, they won’t be in my mention like maggots spewing trash and telling me to read again. That the money was not traced directly to Jonathan’s account doesn’t absolve him of complicity. The Malabu scam happened under him and I’m very sure he got his cut directly or indirectly.

Shell and Eni including very senior officials of the companies are currently under trial for the scam in Italy but here in Nigeria, supported of crooked politicians are angry that I called out their corrupt hero.

1 Like

Re: FINCEN Files: U.S. Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Malabu OPL 245 Fund Transfers by executive12: 6:56pm On Sep 22, 2020
Wollykayb:
Our miscreant mumu pigs from the yeeeeast never see anything bad about Jonathan or Athieku or Obasanjo adminstration but their major problem is only Jaganban that never occupy national office

Look at the magnitude of corruption in the NDDC but our miscreant pigs will never speak against the looters yet the ex governor of Lagos state is their major nightmare

Ex governor of Lagos state is the problem of the SS/SE development according to our mumu miscreant pigs

See as US they disgrace ur hero in politics

Yoruba Muslims never disappoint.
Re: FINCEN Files: U.S. Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Malabu OPL 245 Fund Transfers by executive12: 6:57pm On Sep 22, 2020
Mannnn:
Leave my Jonathan out of this please

Really??
Re: FINCEN Files: U.S. Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Malabu OPL 245 Fund Transfers by Mrpojj(m): 6:57pm On Sep 22, 2020
seunmsg:

Let him try and go after Jonathan na, let see
Joker
Re: FINCEN Files: U.S. Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Malabu OPL 245 Fund Transfers by executive12: 6:59pm On Sep 22, 2020
Maxymilliano:

seunmsg are you sure you read the same news posted by Premium Times

However, within the period under review, FinCEN found that there were no transactions involving Mr Jonathan.

In the case of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, there were also no transactions related to Malabu.

They are clever, of course. I didn't expect to see their names in the transactions. They use middle men of course.
Re: FINCEN Files: U.S. Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Malabu OPL 245 Fund Transfers by Gbogbowa: 7:03pm On Sep 22, 2020
Maxymilliano:

seunmsg are you sure you read the same news posted by Premium Times

However, within the period under review, FinCEN found that there were no transactions involving Mr Jonathan.

In the case of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, there were also no transactions related to Malabu.
this people don't read at all
Re: FINCEN Files: U.S. Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Malabu OPL 245 Fund Transfers by Keneeby(m): 7:13pm On Sep 22, 2020
seunmsg:

I'm very disappointed that you refused to read the news but you came to conclusions.

Go back and read the news.

The news state that there was no transactions made by Jonathan and Obasanjo concerning the alleged scam deal. Jonathan and Obasanjo was not part of that deal.
You should bury your head in shame because you lack comprehension.

1 Like

Re: FINCEN Files: U.S. Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Malabu OPL 245 Fund Transfers by Keneeby(m): 7:25pm On Sep 22, 2020
I'm very disappointed in this forum because kids are everywhere. They don't understand news, they don't read with understanding. They always jump to conclusions.

Kids have taken over nairaland.

From the news Jonathan and Obasanjo have no part in the said deal from investigation. But kids in nairaland are calling names.

Seun I'm calling you now, kids need to be screened out of this forum.
Re: FINCEN Files: U.S. Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Malabu OPL 245 Fund Transfers by Impactever(m): 7:38pm On Sep 22, 2020
abc115:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/416294-fincen-files-u-s-probes-obasanjo-jonathan-over-malabu-opl-245-fund-transfers.html

THIS LINE SHOCK ME DIE ...

"The investigation involved 16-month collaborative work involving more than 400 journalists in 88 countries...."

EFCC of Nigeria need to go USA for a 5 years industrial attachment for proper training.....
Re: FINCEN Files: U.S. Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Malabu OPL 245 Fund Transfers by PassingShot(m): 7:52pm On Sep 22, 2020
Madibah:

So tell WTF
Baby of yesterday
Re: FINCEN Files: U.S. Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Malabu OPL 245 Fund Transfers by Madibah(m): 8:00pm On Sep 22, 2020
PassingShot:

Baby of yesterday

I'm 28 years of age
With 2 kids
A home in sango tedo
3rides in my parking lot
Msc holder ..

Baby of yesterday undecided
Re: FINCEN Files: U.S. Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Malabu OPL 245 Fund Transfers by 9gerian: 8:05pm On Sep 22, 2020
At the end of the day, a government’s performance or lack thereof is all about the economy.

That is what these APC folks lost sight of from the get go.

They kept shouting corruption, and left the weightier issue of the economy.

Rev. Mathew Ashimilowo tried to warn them but no they cannot hear. That’s why people like Magu built an empire on this government’s head etc

That’s why the west will always accept stolen funds because it helps their economy (which wise being wouldn’t). They even legislate to seize such monies, taking decades before agreeing to return the money in trickles and devalued. African politicians and leaders are just mostly foolish...

Madibah:

[b]But with just 5 years APC has been ruling now it's more worst than PDP 16years
So tell WTF
We know politicians are corrupt but APC is taking corruption to the next leve[/b]l..
Re: FINCEN Files: U.S. Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Malabu OPL 245 Fund Transfers by fombadi: 9:12pm On Sep 22, 2020
If you can't smell what's coming open your nose wide. This is how the investigation into Buhari and his cohorts begins. Put on your 3D glasses.
Re: FINCEN Files: U.S. Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Malabu OPL 245 Fund Transfers by seguno2: 9:13pm On Sep 22, 2020
Madibah:
So tell WTF

APC and Buhari have really taken corruption to the next level, instead of fighting it to zero as promised in 2015.

2 Likes

Re: FINCEN Files: U.S. Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Malabu OPL 245 Fund Transfers by Charly68: 9:14pm On Sep 22, 2020
Nigerians heroes under corruption screening ..what a shame
Re: FINCEN Files: U.S. Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Malabu OPL 245 Fund Transfers by fombadi: 9:16pm On Sep 22, 2020
Based on the comments it's clear 95% of you commenting didn't read the news. If I understood, so far nothing has been linked to either Jonathan or Obasanjo, they are clean.

So you lads can't see where this is heading? Yesterday was Atiku, today it's Jonathan and OBJ investigated.

The next group will be Buhari, Tinubu etc...Big news are coming. That's their main aim.
Re: FINCEN Files: U.S. Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Malabu OPL 245 Fund Transfers by Awoo88: 9:44pm On Sep 22, 2020
I thought Tinubu was smart. Raisin smoke for the sole purpose of discrediting people so as to appear the only clear one is stupid. This story is only for the benefit if the BMC guy to have something to talk about.
Re: FINCEN Files: U.S. Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Malabu OPL 245 Fund Transfers by Commanderinpips: 11:26pm On Sep 22, 2020
seunmsg:

Only if you read this article, your comment would have been different. Jonathan was not involved in the transaction. Always read before you comment on any post
Re: FINCEN Files: U.S. Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Malabu OPL 245 Fund Transfers by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 22, 2020
It'll be difficult to catch intelligent corrupt Nigerian from money transaction but they can be traced through their property purchases, family and friends property purchases, money transactions and large reservoir used to stack million dollars.
Black is more intelligent in crime than in development, so sad!
Re: FINCEN Files: U.S. Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Malabu OPL 245 Fund Transfers by olakan22: 11:54pm On Sep 22, 2020
Most people commenting didn't notice that no wrong doing was established against the duo. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) / Press Statement No Violations In Approval Of N5.8b Emergency Fund / 'Shonekan Saved The Ship Of State From Sinking': Buhari, Jonathan Lead Tributes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.