Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,968 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

Dad Pays More Attention To The Children: Does Mum Get Jealous? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dad Pays More Attention To The Children: Does Mum Get Jealous? (3450 Views)

I Try Not To Get Jealous’: Pastor, 60 Marries His Pregnant Girlfriend, 19, With / I will deny my husband sex until he pays his debt — wife / His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dad Pays More Attention To The Children: Does Mum Get Jealous? by Ceekay(m): 3:24pm On Feb 02, 2006
Its normal for a Dad to exude much love and attention towards his children, but when he performs this task[b] to the detriment of his wife[/b], does she get jealous or is she happy? Air your views if they'll help. undecided
Re: Dad Pays More Attention To The Children: Does Mum Get Jealous? by clarissa(f): 9:14pm On Feb 10, 2006
i think the woman should be happy not jealous but it depends on the kind of woman she is some may get jealous tho.
Re: Dad Pays More Attention To The Children: Does Mum Get Jealous? by eveseh(f): 3:39pm On Apr 28, 2006
clarissa:

i think the woman should be happy not jealous but it depends on the kind of woman she is some may get jealous tho.

me too
Re: Dad Pays More Attention To The Children: Does Mum Get Jealous? by Seun(m): 9:34am On Jan 01, 2007
The answer to the question in your title is a capital NO!
If dad pays more attention to her children, mum will not get jealous. She will be happy.

The answer to the question in your post is an obvious YES.
If dad pays the children attention "to the detriment of his wife", of course she won't be happy.

Common sense says that you should pay more attention to your children, but not "to the detriment" of your wife.
Re: Dad Pays More Attention To The Children: Does Mum Get Jealous? by tEsLim(m): 9:45am On Jan 01, 2007
She'll gate jealous when the kids starts talking too much about there dad. Even when he's not in the house.

- like the toy daddy bought for me
- when daddy took me to tantilizers
- daddy where my shoes faster
- u dont know the name of the biscuit daddy bought yesterday
- Bomboy!!! eat now. No I'm waiting for daddy

daddy this daddy that will piss her off
Re: Dad Pays More Attention To The Children: Does Mum Get Jealous? by hayprof(m): 9:48am On Jan 01, 2007
Detriment or no detriment. She Gets Jealous
Re: Dad Pays More Attention To The Children: Does Mum Get Jealous? by Seun(m): 10:11am On Jan 01, 2007
Nigerian men don't pay enough attention to their children. You men are just looking for an excuse.
Re: Dad Pays More Attention To The Children: Does Mum Get Jealous? by Ndipe(m): 10:18am On Jan 01, 2007
I read a letter from an American lady who complained that she felt slightly jealous because her baby preferred her husband's company over hers. I don't know for men, I highly doubt if men would feel threatened or be jealous if their infant son or daughter choosed their mom over them, but for women, I think it may be different.

Happy New Year.
Re: Dad Pays More Attention To The Children: Does Mum Get Jealous? by loma(m): 3:50pm On Jan 01, 2007
Off course she gets jealous.
Re: Dad Pays More Attention To The Children: Does Mum Get Jealous? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 01, 2007
a man assumes the children are his but it is the woman that really knows who is the father of her children.

if she gets jealous then she needs to confess her sins
Re: Dad Pays More Attention To The Children: Does Mum Get Jealous? by tEsLim(m): 4:06am On Jan 02, 2007
Men!!!! Dont forget to do DNAs
Re: Dad Pays More Attention To The Children: Does Mum Get Jealous? by nuckecy(m): 4:25pm On Jan 03, 2007
I my own case its the reverse, my dad gets jealous, cos my mum dedicates her time.
Re: Dad Pays More Attention To The Children: Does Mum Get Jealous? by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:39pm On Jan 03, 2007
it would actually depend on the woman involved,but i think a man should be attentive to the kids but he should not over do things to the detriment of his wife.
Re: Dad Pays More Attention To The Children: Does Mum Get Jealous? by Chinie(f): 11:33pm On Jan 04, 2007
ofcourse she'll be jealous.there's noway she wont be
Re: Dad Pays More Attention To The Children: Does Mum Get Jealous? by brensbee22(f): 9:05am On Jan 11, 2007
Wel l there's nothing wrong if she gets jealous as long as she doesnt take
it to the extreme,and making a fight out of it.
Re: Dad Pays More Attention To The Children: Does Mum Get Jealous? by jesseose(f): 3:15pm On Jan 22, 2007
she shouldnt be jealous its the love tht the man has for her tht he has extended to her kids she should be happy alot of women r praying for such love nd attention nd u av a hubby who cares for ur kids nd u r complaning tht woman's brain shuld be checked!
Re: Dad Pays More Attention To The Children: Does Mum Get Jealous? by Seun(m): 5:37pm On Jan 22, 2007
If the kids are few in number, the attention required will be proportionately less, which is good.
Kids require much more attention than they get, but spouses also do. One should not neglect any one.
Re: Dad Pays More Attention To The Children: Does Mum Get Jealous? by doubletree(f): 10:31pm On Jan 22, 2007
I love watching my kids playing with their dad,they spend more time with me,so i encourage them to spend more time with him
why on earth would i be jealous!

I am his wife and they are our kids!unconditional love all round.
Re: Dad Pays More Attention To The Children: Does Mum Get Jealous? by rickie4us(m): 5:53pm On Apr 09, 2010
If the dad pays more attention, I don't see any big deal except if he refuses to give the mum enough attention anymore.
Re: Dad Pays More Attention To The Children: Does Mum Get Jealous? by mamagee3(f): 6:30pm On Apr 09, 2010
What's there to be Jealous of? . . .Unless the woman is quite immature and a jealous person by nature.
Re: Dad Pays More Attention To The Children: Does Mum Get Jealous? by platinumnk(f): 6:33pm On Apr 09, 2010
mama-gee:

What's there to be Jealous of? . . .Unless the woman is quite immature and a jealous person by nature.

because the woman feels like she was just used to bear children for the man. undecided

which is common in 9ja lipsrsealed
Re: Dad Pays More Attention To The Children: Does Mum Get Jealous? by mamagee3(f): 6:43pm On Apr 09, 2010
^^Well, that's a daft reason to be envious because a Child/ Children is spending time with their Parent.
Re: Dad Pays More Attention To The Children: Does Mum Get Jealous? by platinumnk(f): 6:52pm On Apr 09, 2010
the wife and the child should have equal attention.
Re: Dad Pays More Attention To The Children: Does Mum Get Jealous? by Fhemmmy: 7:31pm On Apr 09, 2010
platinumnk:

the wife and the child should have equal attention.

Not possible
Re: Dad Pays More Attention To The Children: Does Mum Get Jealous? by platinumnk(f): 8:27pm On Apr 09, 2010
^^ how can u appreciate the mother of your children less?

the woman fades in the background when she has kids?

God forbid, i must ask the man I marry this, cux ill never step towards babies lipsrsealed

not that im selfish but ive seen countless marriages disentergrate because of lack of affection towards the spouse.

Which makes me think that 9ja men view women as childbearers and nothing else.

How would u like it if a wife denied u sex because she was playing with the kids all the time, u wouldnt like it?

Jeeze- the more I see where marriage is an institution.
Re: Dad Pays More Attention To The Children: Does Mum Get Jealous? by Boboribo: 8:48pm On Apr 09, 2010
Women get jealous over anything and everything. Kids'd naturally have affection to any person that pays them attention more. Is it the husband's fault that the wife pays more attention to her clothes and outlook than the children?
Re: Dad Pays More Attention To The Children: Does Mum Get Jealous? by platinumnk(f): 7:11am On Apr 10, 2010
^^ thats illogical- why would you go ahead and marry someone that values material things over family?

the more I learn, the more I back away from 9ja men at home, I think the ones abroad have better templates though they have very very rare ones in 9ja. . .

9ja's society views women as disposable childbearing portapottys for their pleasure.

We cook, we clean, we have babies, some of us has career.
Even after all that, we loose touch with a man that is supposed to be our companion for life?!

why bother even getting married?
Kids are important I get that, but to place one above the other?
One of my close pals at home lost his mom at a young age because his father was so intent on having children
she died giving birth to her 7th child.
I believe if he had actually paid attention to his wifes condition , she would be here now.

Is it because poverty so rampart in Nigeria that women are desperate to become wives nomatter the conditions?
undecided

If a man cannot love both the children and  the wife equally, then that is not a man.
If you think she is not worth it in the first place, why marry her?
Because of kids?
Plenty full in orphananges undecided
Re: Dad Pays More Attention To The Children: Does Mum Get Jealous? by Sissy3(f): 11:52pm On Apr 10, 2010
Common sense says that you should pay more attention to your children, but not "to the detriment" of your wife.

agree.
Re: Dad Pays More Attention To The Children: Does Mum Get Jealous? by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:58pm On Apr 26, 2010
@platinumnk, I TOTALLY agre wit ya. U tuk d wrds rit out of my mouth. I only hop marriag wil b g8t 4 me. D mentality of Naija men on marriag is sooooo annoyin. Dey jst c dia wivs as maid, 2 b usd anyhow. I respct d Whit men, dy knw hw 2 appreciat dia wivs beta dan most Naija men. Dou, som naija guy ar becomg enlightend in knwg how 2 treat dia wivs rit.
Re: Dad Pays More Attention To The Children: Does Mum Get Jealous? by Romeo4real(m): 9:24pm On Apr 26, 2010
Its normal for a Dad to exude much love and attention towards his children, but when he performs this task to the detriment of his wife, does she get jealous or is she happy? Air your views if they'll help.

Notice what the OP has bolded out, as it is the crux of the issue here. I am new to this thread, and i must say i am slightly puzzled by the naivety of most posters here on this subject. Nothing wrong with the love and attention shown by the father to his kids, rather, It is the cost of this "attention" to the other party that is the main issue.

This phenomenon of a spouse (man or woman), being jealous of the attention the other spouse gives to a child, or the attention they get from a child is very well known and quite normal.
Men tend to exhibit this trait more than women, as their place in the relationship is usually usurped by the new child. The mother usually devotes most of her attention to the baby, thereby depriving the husband of his usual allocation of attention. This can result in jealousy on the part of the husband. On the flip side, Women have been known to be jealous of the relationship some men have with their children.

Do note that Jealousy is a normal human emotion. It usually occurs when there are negative thoughts that arise from feelings of insecurity, fear, and anxiety over an anticipated loss of something that a person values, such as a relationship, friendship, or love. The key is to communicate and reassure, and also make an attempt to redress the balance in the context of the circumstance.

Mothers are well known to be jealous of their children's relationships with their Nannies, or the kids Father. Children are well known to be jealous about another newborn in the family. Even dogs are well known to be jealous of newborns in the family. It is all about a change, or perceived change in the relationship, and the insecurity that stems from that.

(1) (Reply)

Lawyers In The House / Distress sale: Baby cot for 8k. Selling to buy food stuff. / Partner with Chymall an e-commerce business and earn on ur investment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.