Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,827 members, 7,817,413 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei (3227 Views)

APC Or Labour Party Presidency, A Threat To Nigeria's Unity - Harry Ariko / Osinbajo 'The Greatest Winner' Of APC Convention – Senator Abubakar Girei / Abubakar Girei: Only Osinbajo-Zulum Ticket Can Give APC Victory In 2023 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by Arrewa: 5:26pm On Sep 22, 2020
DEROX:
very smart but wait who has more love in the north between elrufai and ganduje and atiku already I know buhari is the king of the north
Elrufai is more loved than Ganduje in the north.

Atiku only has money capacity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by aremuforlife(m): 5:28pm On Sep 22, 2020
[/quote][quote author=BUHARImyDOG post=94196408]Any Yoruba person who wants Tinubu as the President of this shiithole is cursed from generation to generation.

Tinubu's family is not the only family in the Southwest.

And if the greedy & self-centered bastard called Tinubu is the only candidate that the covetous, vacuous & the non-thinking Yorubas have to present for the 2023 Presidential Race, then by all means, the Northerners might as well keep the Presidency.

Tinubu foisted this bastard government on us and rather than being remorseful for the failures, corruption, insecurity & the unfulfilled campaign promises of this useless administration, he's gunning for the Presidency.

Few days ago; The Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) ordered all property owners and their agents to charge 6% Stamp Duty on all tenancy & lease agreements in spite of the crushing poverty that is sweeping across the Nation. Let me leave insecurity, nepotism and massive looting for another day.

What is Tinubu's reaction to this mindless & ill-thought wickedness to further impoverish the ever beaten & battered Nigerians?

Of course, he doesn't care as long as his Bullion Vans keep ferrying in the ill-gotten money.

Listen to me, I swear by all the Irunmoles, that bastard will carry the scar of his unfulfilled ambition to his grave no matter the number human sacrifice he makes.

They keep recycling their family members & friends in the Government while the citizens are left to die in penury.

The other day, the inglorious witch of Bourdillon, who doubles as a Pastor at the RCCG (you can imagine) said Nigerian Youths are lazy & only come her husband's residence to beg for money.

This is coming from a thieving bastard who has been a serving Senator since 2011 (3 Terms). A filthy & mindless thieving Politician ordained as a Pastor by another thieving bastard (Enoch Adeboye) whose calling is milking & swindling his gullible sheeples out of their hard-earned money.

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2018/8/senator-remi-tinubu-ordained-pastor-at-the-redeemed-christian-church-of-god.html

Perhaps, if you & your entire family members have not mortgaged & stolen their future, they wouldn't be coming to Bourdillon to beg you for crumbs.

I hear Seyi Tinubu is currently being groomed as the next Governor of Lagos State? 

Pelu ashe Obatala, Sango ati Oyeku Meji to wa lenu mii; Orun Alakèji ni iwo ati awon supporters e ma ti lo shèy Governor.

As long as I am alive, Tinubu will never smell Asorock, neither will his bastard son smell the seat of the Lagos State Government.
As long as you are alive?
How many vote do you have, let's assume you are a family of 20, will that stop him, if he wishes?
Tinubu has pays his dues, what have you done for the nation that makes you think you can stop Tinubu if he wishes.
Do you know how many Obatala ,sango, Ogun and esu is involved with Tinubu. Please spare me your rant and face you life. You hear that his son is currently being groomed, that is yiuvarf not even sure. Cheap propaganda.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by Goodmarlian: 5:32pm On Sep 22, 2020
2023 Nigeria ends I can bet my balls the Yugoslavia of Africa.. wink
Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by amuwo1980: 6:13pm On Sep 22, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
Hmmm some people won't like this
Make una just take am easy

Lol , the pictures are so funny
Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 22, 2020
olisaEze:

Lol, I guess ure d one with better character qualities than him to speak for d entire north then. Una wehdone o, but 2023 is still 3years away. grin grin grin

Guy, how many politically prominent Northerners have told you IPOBians they are only willing to support the SW in 2023? A significant number is the answer.

I am not speaking for the North. They have hawks who will always back the North to cheat the rest and retain power in the region.

They also have many sensible and honorable men who will counter and neutralise these hawks because they gave their word and will do everything to keep to it.

Many Northerners went into alliances of "one good turn deserves another" with every intention of respecting it. Something you shallow and self-centred IPOBians cannot understand.

All the South West has to worry about over 2023 is rogue Northern elements who want to retain power in the North and not any inconsequential and doomed challenge from your 5% people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by Benevento(m): 11:55pm On Sep 22, 2020
UdechiHD:
Osun man, when will you be bold to accept your Yorubaness? Virtually everyone in the politics section know your origin, yet only you keep deceiving yourself.
you are a confused man.

the last time you were arguing with one nku (or something like that) that Arrewa is not yoruba, and today you're changing the narrative.

you think a Yoruba man will invest so much time in promoting the north like Arrewa does?

why did you even think Arrewa is a Yoruba man ? are you saying Arrewa boys don't have internet ni or what? Kano has the second highest number of Internet users after Lagos according to NBS, infact Hausas have more internet users than igbos... just that they are silent.

I don't understand you guys from the east, anyone that goes against you guys is yoruba, stupid.

honestly, you need some sense.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by Arrewa: 12:00am On Sep 23, 2020
Benevento:

you are a confused man.

the last time you were arguing with one nku (or something like that) that Arrewa is not yoruba, and today you're changing the narrative.

you think a Yoruba man will invest so much time in promoting the north like Arrewa does?

why did you even think Arrewa is a Yoruba man ? are you saying Arrewa boys don't have internet ni or what? Kano has the second highest number of Internet users after Lagos according to NBS, infact Hausas have more internet users than igbos... just that they are silent.

I don't understand you guys from the east, anyone that goes against you guys is yoruba, stupid.

I'm even tired of replying them. Let them tag me any tribe they want.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 12:01am On Sep 23, 2020
FarahAideed:
[s]

Osinbanjo I will vote but that Tinubu I can never put my vote for him[/s]
Tinubu will be your president come 2023. Take it or leave it.
He is the only one who've really proven himself to be capable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by FarahAideed: 12:16am On Sep 23, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:

Tinubu will be your president come 2023. Take it or leave it.
He is the only one who've really proven himself to be capable.

Capable of what ?
Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by Simplyleo: 9:41am On Sep 23, 2020
Benevento:

you are a confused man.

Lol, you don't know those people. I have taken time to study them and their logic.

One of their jaundiced logic is ascribing a tribe, moniker, economic status to anyone on the faceless forum. Meanwhile, they don't know a jack about you.

Imagine, one of them even threatened to track my place and locate so we fight physically. Laff wan kill me. What i know is that if he succeed in locating me, i will personally make sure that marks the end of his threat on social media and that is if he ever gets back to his original sense.

Some of them will even swear with Abiama that I'm omenka or Mannabbqgrilles or sarrki. grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by seunmsg(m): 10:09am On Sep 23, 2020
FarahAideed:
But not Tinubu ...Nigeria is not Lagos !!!!!!

The man said southwest without mentioning any name. While Tinubu is capable, competent and qualified to contest, we have so many other people from the south west who are equally qualified to rule the country. You guys need to stop seeing Tinubu in every news item.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by omenka(m): 10:25am On Sep 23, 2020

‘And I can see in the Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo as a good material for the presidency. He is a professor, well educated and younger than any other person that may want to take a short at the presidency from that zone.

EoD.

As for me and my house, Star Boy Osinbajo it is. Anything else, we aren't interested. cool

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by AllOfUsAtManna(f): 10:27am On Sep 23, 2020
omenka:
EoD.

As for me and my house, Star Boy Osinbajo it is. Anything else, we aren't interested. cool
sweet pumpkin how far kiss

I'm always anticipating your beautiful sexy comment kiss

have a nice day sweetie
Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by omenka(m): 10:28am On Sep 23, 2020
Arrewa:
PDP will never smell Presidency.

We just need south west to give us Osibanjo/Elrufaii and we are very good to go
Very formidable combo indeed.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by omenka(m): 10:28am On Sep 23, 2020
AllOfUsAtManna:
sweet pumpkin how far kiss

I'm always anticipating your beautiful sexy comment kiss

have a nice day sweetie
Guy free me na.
Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by AllOfUsAtManna(f): 10:30am On Sep 23, 2020
omenka:
Guy free me na.
I did that long ago
I'm just complementing you naa cheesy cool

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by omenka(m): 10:30am On Sep 23, 2020
Whiteangel1234:

Atiku/Obi any time any day PDP
Eyaa. Sadly, neither Atiku nor ANY South Easterner will be on the PDP's ticket.
Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by anonimi: 10:31am On Sep 23, 2020
solmus:
cool
Thank you our Northern brother .... We promise you development like never before for this cooperation and vote of trust.

Smart guy wants a slice of the bullion vans loot of the Jagbajantis landlord of Lagos who is squeezing Lagosians to the last drop.

anonimi:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/8917101_lagos1_jpeg282b890e5baee3811ca903f81be5a99c

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8917102_dhaka2ndworstliveablecity1_jpeg7a1885987bbc7f93ca8c09cf143e1e1a

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8362681_fbimg1545411727354_jpegee3090bce26c7088d0f17dc67fd5e704

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by Arrewa: 10:31am On Sep 23, 2020
omenka:
Very formidable combo indeed.
those two men are good to go.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by omenka(m): 10:37am On Sep 23, 2020
Arrewa:
those two men are good to go.

Either Rufai or Zulum. Both are undeniable performers, with El Rufais candidacy only dented by the security issues in Kaduna, notwithstanding it predates his administration.

One can't deny how adept PDP's is at propaganda. They'd try to leverage on the security crisis to taint the ticket and make it unsellable.

If that snag can be nipped in the bud before '23, then it would be a walkover for APC.
Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by solmus: 10:37am On Sep 23, 2020
anonimi:

Smart guy wants a slice of the bullion vans loot of the Jagbajantis landlord of Lagos who is squeezing Lagosians to the last drop.

See painment, Premium tears and quality wailing

If Lagos is not enjoyable to you move to Aba Abia State or Ebonyi, Sambisa is also free

Last time I checked Tinubu's last political post in Lagos ended in 2007 (13 years ago) and since then he retired to face his billion dollars business ventures

Feel free to wail, Tinubu is a private citizen, complain to your elected officials and let Tinubu be

Overwhelming 700000+ Lagosians voted for Babajide Sanwo Olu, if they have issues with him they know his office at alausa, they have his Twitter handle and he responds swiftly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by omenka(m): 10:40am On Sep 23, 2020
olisaEze:
Senator Girei first before u start speaking for the entire north, how many bills did you sponsor to protect d lives & properties of ur constituents as a senator?

It’s like dis man is now one of the almajiris Odumakin described as hanging around Tinubu’s house waiting for stipends. It’s still too early to start lickin bourdillon balls, 2023 never reach na. grin grin grin
If he had said otherwise, would you have given a rat's ass the number of bills he's sponsored or the number of mosquitoes he's killed in the North?

Such proud hypocrites some of you. And why the hell are you laughing, pretending not to be deeply hurt by the statement?

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by anonimi: 10:42am On Sep 23, 2020
FarahAideed:

Osinbanjo I will vote but that Tinubu I can never put my vote for him

Vacant Pastor (VP) Osunbande who arranged the corrupt Alpha Beta tax collector deal for ThiefNuibu when he was the state’s Attorney General, in addition to the looter’s stinking pensions? The pretentious holy holy cow who arranged for Sanusi to get injunction against the FRC investigation of his theft in the CBN, just as Peter Odili?
The mere commissioner is only an errand boy placeholder.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2026500_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

anonimi:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4893920_16174428101550863554908326845500430121931314n_jpeg1a70509625e892b4d98ee4f20700be8e

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by anonimi: 10:48am On Sep 23, 2020
solmus:
See painment, Premium tears and quality wailing

If Lagos is not enjoyable to you move to Aba Abia State or Ebonyi, Sambisa is also free

Last time I checked Tinubu's last political post in Lagos ended in 2007 (13 years ago) and since then he retired to face his billion dollars business ventures

Feel free to wail, Tinubu is a private citizen, complain to your elected officials and let Tinubu be

Overwhelming 700000+ Lagosians voted for Babajide Sanwo Olu, if they have issues with him they know his office at alausa, they have his Twitter handle and he responds swiftly.

He is no longer the national democracy leader looter, who commands Edo people to vote for the acid throwing cultist and thief thief Iya mumu?
Private citizen ko, public dog ni.
Your wailing is just starting. Get used to it grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by Arrewa: 10:50am On Sep 23, 2020
omenka:
Either Rufai or Zulum. Both are undeniable performers, with El Rufais candidacy only dented by the security issues in Kaduna, notwithstanding it predates his administration.

One can't deny how adept PDP's is at propaganda. They'd try to leverage on the security crisis to taint the ticket and make it unsellable.

If that snag can be nipped in the bud before '23, then it would be a walkover for APC.
the north will support Elrufai for vice president,
Our people still need zulum in Borno state.

Forget about the media war against Elrufai.
It all end in the south specifically the south east. Elrufai isn't perfect but believe me... Only bigots hate Elrufai because he openly return negative energy and they see him as a threat.

Don't forget that these same people that hated Elrufai...once hated Buhari for religious and tribal reasons.

Elrufai will deliver the north while Osibanjo will deliver the south.

The north belive in the intellectual capacity of Elrufai and we strongly believe that he will represent well and protect our interest.

We want zulum for president not vice president

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by FarahAideed: 10:52am On Sep 23, 2020
seunmsg:

The man said southwest without mentioning any name. While Tinubu is capable, competent and qualified to contest, we have so many other people from the south west who are equally qualified to rule the country. You guys need to stop seeing Tinubu in every news item.

Exactly there are many competent people in the SW so Tinubu Should go and sit down
Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by Simplyleo: 10:53am On Sep 23, 2020
Arrewa:
the north will support Elrufai for vice president,
Our people still need zulum in Borno state.

Forget about the media war against Elrufai.
It all end in the south specifically the south east. Elrufai isn't perfect but believe me... Only bigots hate Elrufai because he openly return negative energy and they see him as a threat.

Don't forget that these same people that hated Elrufai...once hated Buhari for religious and tribal reasons.

Elrufai will deliver the north while Osibanjo will deliver the south.

The north belive in the intellectual capacity of Elrufai and we strongly believe that he will represent well and protect our interest.

We want zulum for president not vice president

The only problem i have with Elrufai is that he is very stubborn. He may end up in a fisticuffs with the president. Less that, he is a perfect match for the office of VP.
Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by solmus: 10:55am On Sep 23, 2020
anonimi:

He is no longer the national democracy leader looter, who commands Edo people to vote for the acid throwing cultist and thief thief Iya mumu?
Private citizen ko, public dog ni.
Your wailing is just starting. Get used to it grin

[img]

Keep on wailing my friend, you can never achieve what he has achieved politically or business wise if you continue wailing like the duo of Simon Kolawole and Mo Ibrahim... Dem wail pass you Tinubu still no send dem

Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by Arrewa: 11:01am On Sep 23, 2020
Simplyleo:

The only problem i have with Elrufai is that he is very stubborn. He may end up in a fisticuffs with the president. Less that, he is a perfect match for the office of VP.
right! Elrufai is stubborn but at same time very loyal.

My only problem with him is to over sabi complex.

But in the filed of Administration Elrufai is a very good technocrat

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by anonimi: 11:06am On Sep 23, 2020
seunmsg:

You should tell your drug dealer idol to calm down and stop ordering non Lagosians around on who to vote for. Can you please do him that favour? To avoid accelerated disgrace with all the insults and disrespect he has been dishing to our Obas and even Awolowo. Such an overrated bastardi.

anonimi:
http://saharareporters.com/2009/02/18/bola-tinubus-heroin-tainted-assets-forfeiture-judgement

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1206437_2e8d204456ddaca651c21c258cad334b_jpg2c86cdb1543edff718fbaebc74f4b873

Babasessy:

Awo Family Without An Awo By Sam Omatseye (The Offensive Article)

The Awolowo rebirth in the Southwest has inspired gongs, songs and rhetoric of sorts. But they have missed one point.

It occurred to me in Abeokuta last week amidst the big crowds and euphoria of the swearing-in of Senator Ibikunle Amosun as governor. In all the states from Lagos to Edo, where Awo has witnessed ideological resurgence, hardly a single family member has played a role.

So we have an Awo family without an Awo. That is an irony. But history overwhelms us with this sort of twist. Obafemi Awolowo toiled for his reputation. His roots were lowly, he toiled to school both home and abroad, launched into careers in law, business, journalism and eventually politics. He carved a niche for himself, and became the first methodical and charismatic leftist in our history.  Other leftists abounded but they did not inspire comparable drama and following.

He faced tribulations, went to jail, failed in elections, won a few, but he imprinted his ideas and legacy in the country, and no single mortal has beaten him in the history of this country. His greatest achievement was in the area of ideas, and that was how he fashioned a family. Most families are born of biology but his issued from ideology. That family suffered with him.

In a spoof of Jesus Christ, these were the men who followed him in his teachings, and endured with him in his temptations. So he formed a kingdom for them in the Southwest, in the old Western Region, presiding over his projects, his legacies and people.

In all of these, the family he had was not his flesh and blood. In another spoof of Christ, who were his family anyway? Those who were with him must be counted as his family. So, I combed in the ambience of Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN), and I found none. I went to Ogun, I frisked the crowd under Amosun’s bower, hardly any. Around Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola in Osun, I could not lay a finger. With Governor Kayode Fayemi in Ekiti, where are the forbears of Awo? Yet, I can hear the chants of Awo. Hardly in any of the inaugural speeches or any of their other public intervention would you miss the philtre and filter of Awo from these gentlemen. To parody Novelist Joseph Conrad, they are the sparks from Awo’s sacred fire, the messengers of the might within the man.

Already all of them are pursuing the legacy ideas of Awo: free education, free health services, infrastructural development, urban renewal and economic engineering.

Lagos has posted itself as the John the Baptist. The others are putting up valiant efforts, and the world of course is watching to see how well they will perform. It will call for great work, resourcefulness and cooperation. They are the real Awoists, and Awo was a man of rigour and vigour.

The Awo son that many expected to take after the father was Olusegun, who unfortunately died in a car crash. We shall never know if he could have pulled it off.  But the others have not shown much of the paterfamilias’ brio and depth. In the past decade, under this republic, they have blended with the wrong crowd. Even H.I.D, hobnobbed with Alao-Akala, who brought illiteracy to governance; with Oyinlola who turned the grace of office into a hell-hole of despots; with Daniel who could not arrest his quick fall into megalomania.

I wrote once that this woman whom Awo once described as the jewel of inestimable value has lost value to his cause. If he came back to life, he would have committed the extraordinary act of divorce after death. Even his newspaper, The Tribune, has so stumbled and fallen that it swims in Awo’s vomit.

Groucho Max, one of the funniest satirists in American history, said of a man that he got his looks from his father. Then he quipped, “He was a plastic surgeon.” That means the son is not his real son, or he did not inherit his natural looks. Ideologically, when we talk of Awo’s family, the chief inheritor is Asiwaju Bola Tinubu as the leader of all the others. He was the one who stuck his neck out. He could have lost his life or ended his career in politics. The so-called real Awolowos who bear his surname cannot come up for mention. They are Awolowos but not Awoists. They stabbed their father in the back. They have committed ideological parricide.

The only person that made a real try was Awolowo-Dosunmu in the early 1990s and she lost roundly. She was accused of trying to ride her father’s coattail. Political families are good for democracies. They can exemplify the high ideals of diligence, dignity, ideas, character. We have seen these in such families as the Kennedys, the Adamses, the Roosevelts, the Ghandis. They just don’t claim family. They appeal to the high ideals that endeared the families to their societies.

It’s also an irony that these families are falling into twilight. Some of them have vanished. Enoch Powell, a British MP, once gave us the famous line: “All political lives, unless they are cut off midstream at a happy juncture, end in failure because that is the nature of politics and human affairs.”

Columnist Ambassador Dapo Fafowora adverted to this idea in a recent outing, and I debated it with him afterwards. I don’t believe that a political life should be judged by how it ends but what it means. The quote is often missed by many who mistake “careers” for “lives.” A political life should be judged by its legacies. If we judged Awo by how he ended, we would look at him only as the loser to Shagari. That is why I see an intrinsic mischief in Enoch’s quote. But I would agree that political families end also in failure if you judge how they peter out and not the legacy.

Awo’s legacy is alive and well. Members of other families in flesh and blood can carry on. Immediate families tend to suffer from what an author, Noemie Emery, describes as dynastic curse. The children tend to be intimidated by the standards set by the fathers. So they just don’t want to try. They feel they cannot match them or come even close.  The problem probably comes from the fathers themselves. The Adams, who produced important presidents, later gave birth to moral vagrants and drunks. The Bush daughters showed themselves as party girls when their father was contesting the political battle of his life.

But Joe Kennedy groomed his sons assiduously, and they excelled in politics. They also had a fair share of tragedies. Ted Kennedy regained his sobriety and voice in America after a season of debauchery. In Nigeria, we are seeing the Sarakis fade. A Saraki – Bukola - is wiping out the Sarakis from politics. It is a classic case of oedipal tragedy, something I predicted earlier this year on this page.

It is not late though for the flesh-and-blood Awolowos to join their father’s fold. But they must be genuine. Awo was the most important Yoruba personage in history after Oduduwa. They had stellar men like Oranmiyan, Balogun Latosa, Lisabi, Sodeke, et al. None of them had the unifying vision and organisational acumen that Awolowo gave the race. The wife, children and grandchildren should not watch others glow in his jewel without them.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/columnist/monday/sam-omatseye/index.1.html

fuzek:
THE General Overseer of the Latter Rain Assembly and running mate of Major-General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) during the April 16 presidential election, Pastor Tunde Bakare, declared that it would be fool-hardy for “any bastard and the son of a concubine” to assume the leadership mantle of the Yoruba.

While preaching in his church in Lagos on the topic: “It is time to speak”, the fiery cleric said: “Look at the madness going on in Yoruba land. slowpoke, nincompoop, people without family background causing problem because of money, ill gotten wealth. If a town or settlement is at peace, the bastard there is yet to grow up.

“If you are a bastard, there is nothing you can do to cover up with money. Where is your father’s compound? A bastard pretending to be a patriot. We are proud of our heritage because we have goodly heritage. There are those who call themselves nobles who are under the influence of Jezebel. Until they drink kainkain, they cannot function. They pretend to be larger than life,” he added.

He likened the person angling to take over the leadership of the Yoruba to the Biblical Abimelech who forcefully took over a kingdom that did not belong to him and was eventually destroyed.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/headlines/100458-pastor-tunde-bakare-of-the-latter-rain-assembly-a-bastard-cant-rule-the-yorubas.html

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8514798_gbwa20190116170056_jpeg25822a5858058df34ca795fd9850312c

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who killed the little kids at first bank branch in anambra(pics) / Data Shows SE Contribute's Very little To Nigeria's Economy Than Other Regions / Breaking ! IPOB ESN Launch Sniper Military Brigade- Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.