Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei (3231 Views)

APC Or Labour Party Presidency, A Threat To Nigeria's Unity - Harry Ariko / Osinbajo 'The Greatest Winner' Of APC Convention – Senator Abubakar Girei / Abubakar Girei: Only Osinbajo-Zulum Ticket Can Give APC Victory In 2023 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by omenka(m): 11:07am On Sep 23, 2020
Arrewa:
the north will support Elrufai for vice president,
Our people still need zulum in Borno state.

Forget about the media war against Elrufai.
It all end in the south specifically the south east. Elrufai isn't perfect but believe me... Only bigots hate Elrufai because he openly return negative energy and they see him as a threat.

Don't forget that these same people that hated Elrufai...once hated Buhari for religious and tribal reasons.

Elrufai will deliver the north while Osibanjo will deliver the south.

The north belive in the intellectual capacity of Elrufai and we strongly believe that he will represent well and protect our interest.

We want zulum for president not vice president

Interesting points.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by anonimi: 11:10am On Sep 23, 2020
Arrewa:
right! Elrufai is stubborn but at same time very loyal.

My only problem with him is to over sabi complex.

But in the filed of Administration Elrufai is a very good technocrat

Since when did technocrat change meaning to terrorist?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12157404_429f9fb1dd6b4a2f8ab3562c207f4677_jpeg_jpeg2cc19830ac1afca344234b0a51a50e60

cuvox:
Kaduna state Governor Mallam Nasir el-Rufai has said his government has traced some violent,aggrieved Fulani to their countries and paid them to stop the killings of Southern Kaduna natives and the destruction of their communities saying that the renewed violence is carried out by bandits.

El-Rufai made this known while fielding questions from some select Journalists in his office in Kaduna.

He said: “For southern Kaduna, we didn’t understand what was going on and we decided to set up a committee under Gen. Martin Luther Agwai (rtd) to find out what was going on there. What was established was that the root of the problem has a history starting from the 2011 post election violence.

“Fulani herdsmen from across Africa bring their cattle down towards Middle Belt and Southern Nigeria. The moment the rains starts around March, April, they start moving them up to go back to their various communities and countries.

“Unfortunately, it was when they were moving up with their cattle across Southern Kaduna that the elections of 2011 took place and the crisis trapped some of them.

“Some of them were from Niger, Cameroon, Chad, Mali and Senegal. Fulanis are in 14 African countries and they traverse this country with the cattle.“So many of these people were killed, cattle lost and they organised themselves and came back to revenge.

source http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/weve-paid-fulani-stop-killings-southern-kaduna-el-rufai/

anonimi:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12239223_anambrafarmers_jpegeb7a5a402fbbff270eb63fd1bfaaf0c6

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by Lot13(m): 11:19am On Sep 23, 2020
Arrewa:
PDP will never smell Presidency.

We just need south west to give us Osibanjo/Elrufaii and we are very good to go
Osinbajo/Zulum is a pristine formidable ticket.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by AllOfUsAtManna(f): 11:35am On Sep 23, 2020
omenka:
Interesting points.
lol omenka
let me tell you guys the plain truth you might not find interesting.

firstly most of apc supporters especially those ones on nairaland and other platforms are too naive to know what's going on in their own party.

I was one of those that was not surprised with the victory of Obaseki because I analysed and predicted it here myself the moment Oshiomole was ousted but APC supporters where too naive to see things and reality.
let me tell you something, you can't outst a party national chairman without the full approval of the president but till today some APC supporters still don't believe that buhari has hand in the displacement of Oshiomole.
I said also that Buhari will not deploy federal might in Edo for apc unlike how he did it for Amaechi in Rivers even though apc was not in the ballot.
those that masterminded Oshiomole's outing can never give him a recovery chance that's why they don't have plans going to court.
just like Rochas said, there's nothing like apc again the only thing left for the party is their logo.
a serious war is going on within the party which are CPC faction vs ACN faction and as you can see CPC faction is gradually gaining ground and gradually displacing ACN faction and unfortunately Buhari is loyal to CPC faction.
bookmark this my comment or screenshot it. Buhari will never hand over to anyone from ACN faction be it Tinubu or Osinbajo
but ACN faction will put up a good fight which will scatter anything remaining of the party and Buhari will collapse CPC structure to PDP which will field a northern candidate.
lol some APC supporters might find it hard to believe but I think this Edo state will give them a clue.
buhari is not a party man he's not loyal to any party he just sees them as a ladder to his ambition which he has achieved already so whatever happens is not his business.
Buhari is a core pro north, pro Islam and pro Fulani that's why he's a god in the north.
trust me if he contests again those ones in the north that is unhappy for him will still vote him again and again.
the only person in the presidency that cares about the party is Abba Kyari but unfortunate he's no more.
and for you to think that Elrufai is not a lower version of buhari makes me laugh grin
APC is even becoming unpopular in the north no thanks to the insecurities and if you must tell yourself the truth apc will struggle to win election in their stronghold as of now.
and please don't call Southern Kaduna killings a propaganda, it's an insult to the dead ones
everything no be politics.

remember PDP has now 16 states and Apc 18 APGA 1 so as you can see they're gaining ground daily and more united than apc
so no be by shouting PDP can't win presidency online like Arrewa
we all know that if it's by shouting online APC would have cleared Edo

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by hollah123: 11:37am On Sep 23, 2020
Whiteangel1234:

Atiku/Obi any time any day PDP
what will b Atiku age by then if by now we believe buhari is too old
Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by Arrewa: 11:58am On Sep 23, 2020
AllOfUsAtManna:
lol omenka
let me tell you guys the plain truth you might not find interesting.

firstly most of apc supporters especially those ones on nairaland and other platforms are too naive to know what's going on in their own party.

I was one of those that was not surprised with the victory of Obaseki because I analysed and predicted it here myself the moment Oshiomole was ousted but APC supporters where too naive to see things and reality.
let me tell you something, you can't outst a party national chairman without the full approval of the president but till today some APC supporters still don't believe that buhari has hand in the displacement of Oshiomole.
I said also that Buhari will not deploy federal might in Edo for apc unlike how he did it for Amaechi in Rivers even though apc was not in the ballot.
those that masterminded Oshiomole's outing can never give him a recovery chance that's why they don't have plans going to court.
just like Rochas said, there's nothing like apc again the only thing left for the party is their logo.
a serious war is going on within the party which are CPC faction vs ACN faction and as you can see CPC faction is gradually gaining ground and gradually displacing ACN faction and unfortunately Buhari is loyal to CPC faction.
bookmark this my comment or screenshot it. Buhari will never hand over to anyone from ACN faction be it Tinubu or Osinbajo
but ACN faction will put up a good fight which will scatter anything remaining of the party and Buhari will collapse CPC structure to PDP which will field a northern candidate.
lol some APC supporters might find it hard to believe but I think this Edo state will give them a clue.
buhari is not a party man he's not loyal to any party he just sees them as a ladder to his ambition which he has achieved already so whatever happens is not his business.
Buhari is a core pro north, pro Islam and pro Fulani that's why he's a god in the north.
trust me if he contests again those ones in the north that is unhappy for him will still vote him again and again.
the only person in the presidency that cares about the party is Abba Kyari but unfortunate he's no more.
and for you to think that Elrufai is not a lower version of buhari makes me laugh grin
APC is even becoming unpopular in the north no thanks to the insecurities and if you must tell yourself the truth apc will struggle to win election in their stronghold as of now.
and please don't call Southern Kaduna killings a propaganda, it's an insult to the dead ones
everything no be politics.

remember PDP has now 16 states and Apc 18 APGA 1 so as you can see they're gaining ground daily and more united than apc
so no be by shouting PDP can't win presidency online like Arrewa
we all know that if it's by shouting online APC would have cleared Edo
no doubt the APC are facing serious crisis.
But your Analysis is wrong.

The problem APC is facing right now is the neutrality of Buhari in the party.

He's not doing enough to keep the party strong as National head.

But let me tell you this... The only problem we have here is that some members of APC both from south west and north are fighting Oshiomhole.

Both Tinubu and Buhari failed woefully to address the crisis.

Some Apc members actually supported Obaseki to win election in Edo state.

Some APC members don't want Tinubu to contest... They want to project Osibanjo, Amaechi or fayemi.

That's what is on ground now!

If the have the intention of retaining Power we will do it chest up.

Is Atiku not a northerner?? If we want to retain power we would have rally around Atiku.

We just want Apc to fix her problem and give up candidates that will move this count forward.

Some of you bigots have already started making some stupid Analysis.

If we want a northerner we will make our position clear and will stick to it.

We will overcome this crisis and come out stronger

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by TheRareGem1(f): 12:04pm On Sep 23, 2020
Presidency? Southwest ? Yes non negotiable.
Osinbajo as president? Definitely yes.

Zulum as VP ? Mad combination.

Osinbajo and zulum are the real deal come 2023

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by AllOfUsAtManna(f): 12:09pm On Sep 23, 2020
Arrewa:

But let me tell you this... The only problem we have here is that some members of APC both from south west and north are fighting Oshiomhole.

Some APC members don't want Tinubu to contest... They want to project Osibanjo, Amaechi or fayemi.

Is Atiku not a northerner?? If we want to retain power we would have rally around Atiku.

We just want Apc to fix her problem and give up candidates that will move this count forward.

lol
like I said some of you apc supporters are still living in denial cheesy
for you to say that Buhari is neutral validates my claim the more.
ok flashback to Oshiomhole's ousting
immediately court sacked him presidency issued a statement in recognition of the sack and Gaidom grin

ok fast forward to Edo
as soon as PDP won
APC congratulated Obaseki
Same apc caretaker Committee formed buhari grin
some of apc supporters even taught that they'll head to court until apc did the Gej grin

living in denial was what caused Ambode and it'll be the bane of you APC supporters when the time comes.

One of the law of power states that never give your enemy any chance of returning, crush him completely.
you think those that disgraced Tinubu and Oshiomole will give Osinbajo ticket who's a product of Tinubu?
go back to your politics 101 and remove sentiments while studying it.

ACN faction will fight but either they loose to CPC and become irrelevant or win and loose CPC which controls the north which cpc in return will pull out their structure in the party and you know what it means cheesy

Politics is beyond nairaland blabbering and sentiments.
what's going on in apc is beyond any apc supporter.
Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by bossvinqualad25(m): 12:32pm On Sep 23, 2020
Only time will tell , if you in need of land in ifo and abeokuta in Ogun State check my signature for my contact
Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by Charmingrascal(m): 12:38pm On Sep 23, 2020
Ofemannnu:

2023 presidency a done deal for South West, says Senator Girei
Blames Oshiomhole for APC loss in Edo election

22nd September 2020
2023 presidency a done deal for South West, says Senator Girei
Senator Abubakar Girei

Noah Ebije, Kaduna

Barely three years to the presidential race, a chieftain in the All Progressive Congress (APC), Senator Abubakar Girei, has said that North will support the South West to produce the next President in 2023 general election, advising northern interest groups to keep off the race because it is a done deal for the South West.

Senator Girei, who represented Adamawa Central zone during former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s administration, however, reserved comment on chances of South East for the presidency.

He was the immediate past Vice Chairman, Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF), the northern socio-cultural mouthpiece.

In an interview with three select journalists, the former lawmaker said since South West helped in bringing President Muhammadu Buhari, a northerner, to power in 2015, “it is going to be pay back time for Northerners to help in bringing to power a man from South West to be our president in 2023.’

This was even as he blamed the former National chairman of the ruling APC, Adams Oshiohmole, for the party’s loss in the just concluded governorship election in Edo State.

He said ‘Oshiomhole made it impossible for the APC to win the governorship election in Edo State. His handling of the party affairs caused APC to lose elections in other States, apart from Edo.

‘Oshiomhole’s actions destroyed the party but for quick intervention of Mr. President, he would have sent APC into extinction. He was not adding any value to the party.’

Apparently advising Northern politicians to forget 2023 presidential race, Senator Girei said he saw potential presidential material in the Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo.

‘APC and the entire north must support South West to produce the next president for this country because the South West supported the north to bring Buhari to power in 2015.

‘And I can see in the Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo as a good material for the presidency. He is a professor, well educated and younger than any other person that may want to take a short at the presidency from that zone.

‘Well, for PDP, it will also have no alternative than to continue with Atiku Abubakar as it’s Presidential candidate in 2023.

‘So, I can tell you categorically that the 2023 presidency is already settled, a done deal. It is for the South West and north will support them to produce the President.’

Speaking on insecurity in the country, Senator Girei said President Buhari should yield to calls by Nigerians to sack the Service Chiefs because they may be responsible for increased insecurity in across the country.

‘There is nothing to justify the continue stay in office of the service chiefs. They have over stayed for too long.’

‘However, as bad as the situation may be today, it is better when compared to 2014 and towards 2015, and we supported Buhari because we thought he was going to make things better.

‘But Buhari has done much very well more than every op other past administration.’

On the fight against corruption and the ordeals the suspended chairman of Economic and Financial Crime Commission(EFCC), Ibrahim Magu is passing through, Girei said Magu was being witch-hunted by cabals in the Corridors of power.

The ACF Chieftain noted that the greatest mistake Buhari made was to remove Magu from office because ‘Magu may not be a saint but he is actually helping the country to fight corruption. Another two other persons that are helping to fight corruption are the President Buhari himself and the Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee on Anti-Corruption (PACA), Professor Itse Sagay.

‘So the cabals are fighting Magu because President Buhari was about to resend his name to the National Assembly for confirmation as the EFCC boss.’

On the country’s 60th independent anniversary celebration, Senator Girei said if not for COVID-19 challenges, it would have been celebration galore for Nigeria at 60 years of attaining freedom from the colonial masters because ‘our country is better than what it was in 2013 and 2014.’

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/2023-presidency-a-done-deal-for-south-west-says-senator-girei/

Osinbanjo for President
He has proved beyond reasonable doubt that he is smart, intelligent and knows the plights of Nigerians.
Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by Indispensable85(m): 12:45pm On Sep 23, 2020
Arrewa:

Osibanjo yes but el rufai no.
Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by Indispensable85(m): 12:50pm On Sep 23, 2020
TheRareGem1:
Presidency? Southwest ? Yes non negotiable.
Osinbajo as president? Definitely yes.

Zulum as VP ? Mad combination.

Osinbajo and zulum are the real deal come 2023

Chaiiii....... what were you doing in my mind? 100% I'll die for that combination. But will zulum forego his second term governorship ambition? He loves his state so much. I pray for this combination, it'll be irresistible. Prof/prof
Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by Indispensable85(m): 12:54pm On Sep 23, 2020
Arrewa:

Honestly, Buhari has been a terrible party leader. He's the problem of Apc. He has not shown leadership for the Apc.
Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by Ayed44: 1:01pm On Sep 23, 2020
Arrewa:

You are not smart!!!

APC has brought unprecedented hardships on Nigerians. Please take ur time and conduct an opinion poll across Nigeria. You will discover that 75% of Nigerians would tell u their lives were far better under the PDP government than under the APC government. And if u allow them to choose in a free and fair election they would prefer PDP.

Conduct a survey and u will thank me later.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by olisaEze(m): 1:25pm On Sep 23, 2020
omenka:
If he had said otherwise, would you have given a rat's ass the number of bills he's sponsored or the number of mosquitoes he's killed in the North?

Such proud hypocrites some of you. And why the hell are you laughing, pretending not to be deeply hurt by the statement?

You sound "deeply hurt" by my questions, are you d Senator Girei or one of the bourdillon urchins who depends on falling crumbs for a living? Get a life dude. cheesy cheesy grin
Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by johntolu: 1:26pm On Sep 23, 2020
AllOfUsAtManna:
lol
like I said some of you apc supporters are still living in denial cheesy
for you to say that Buhari is neutral validates my claim the more.
ok flashback to Oshiomhole's ousting
immediately court sacked him presidency issued a statement in recognition of the sack and Gaidom grin

ok fast forward to Edo
as soon as PDP won
APC congratulated Obaseki
Same apc caretaker Committee formed buhari grin
some of apc supporters even taught that they'll head to court until apc did the Gej grin

living in denial was what caused Ambode and it'll be the bane of you APC supporters when the time comes.

One of the law of power states that never give your enemy any chance of returning, crush him completely.
you think those that disgraced Tinubu and Oshiomole will give Osinbajo ticket who's a product of Tinubu?
go back to your politics 101 and remove sentiments while studying it.

ACN faction will fight but either they loose to CPC and become irrelevant or win and loose CPC which controls the north which cpc in return will pull out their structure in the party and you know what it means cheesy

Politics is beyond nairaland blabbering and sentiments.
what's going on in apc is beyond any apc supporter.

Your analysis is a very bitter pill to swallow but I admit, it is the bitter truth.
I foresee the Northern CPC faction of the party, acting as kingmakers in APC at large and choosing a preferred candidate from the South, most likely, from the South West.
No politician wants to be in opposition, so the possibility of the CPC faction aligning with PDP will likely not happen.
The 'powers that be', in CPC, might likely settle for Ogbeni or BRF.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by RemoveKebab: 1:37pm On Sep 23, 2020
Arrewa:

I take God/allah beg you remove hell-rufia from that combo. No koba SW with that terrorist. We prefer Zulum
Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by olisaEze(m): 3:28pm On Sep 23, 2020
Ayed44:
You are not smart!!!

APC has brought unprecedented hardships on Nigerians. Please take ur time and conduct an opinion poll across Nigeria. You will discover that 75% of Nigerians would tell u their lives were far better under the PDP government than under the APC government. And if u allow them to choose in a free and fair election they would prefer PDP.

Conduct a survey and u will thank me later.

Y bother urself with d explanations. By 2023 it’ll hit them like it did all those that predicted doom for Obaseki, only to have their preferred candidate rejected at d polls by Edolites. Which sane Nigerian would prefer this party of debt & excuses to continue again in 2023?
Re: 2023 Presidency A Done Deal For South West, Says Senator Girei by tsagir(m): 11:40pm On Sep 24, 2020
Osun man, when will you be bold to accept your Yorubaness? Virtually everyone in the politics section know your origin, yet only you keep deceiving yourself.
ARREWA IS A NORTHERNER FROM KANO STATE .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who killed the little kids at first bank branch in anambra(pics) / See How Ijelespeaks Spoiled Sit At Home In Anambra State - PHOTOS / Biafra: Little Boy Rocks Nnamdi Kanu's Fendi Dress In Total Solidarity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.