Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

FG Takes Over Revenue Management Of NNPC, Customs, FIRS, NCC, Others - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Takes Over Revenue Management Of NNPC, Customs, FIRS, NCC, Others (24041 Views)

2024 Budget: House Turns Back Representatives Of CBN, Customs, FIRS Heads / Thomas John Appointed As Chairman Of NNPC By President Buhari / Shehui Sanni Reacts To Atiku's Plan To Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Takes Over Revenue Management Of NNPC, Customs, FIRS, NCC, Others by FarahAideed: 10:47pm On Sep 22, 2020
I thought the govt was running TSA
Re: FG Takes Over Revenue Management Of NNPC, Customs, FIRS, NCC, Others by pacespot(m): 10:55pm On Sep 22, 2020
Corruption has eaten deep in those agencies, they will never remit even half of the money generated to the CBN. You will only see their MD's turning in with new Maybash's and other exotic cars, and those ones they bought for their concubines. I think this government is the best in the history of Nigeria, barred security.
Re: FG Takes Over Revenue Management Of NNPC, Customs, FIRS, NCC, Others by SeniorGee(m): 12:06am On Sep 23, 2020
Positive step, what most Nigerians don't know is that the revenue of these government agencies are collected by private companies and then shared with the government, similar to what obtains in Lagos. The govt wants to collect their money themselves. Hope it works because some people are already jubilating say God don butter their bread!!
We just pervert everything in this country. God help us
Re: FG Takes Over Revenue Management Of NNPC, Customs, FIRS, NCC, Others by patrickmuf(m): 12:09am On Sep 23, 2020
I was concerned when I saw the NNPC and other Government corporations donating huge sums to the FG for the fight against COVID-19. How on earth does a government agency donate to the government? Really crazy, makes it obvious even to the blind that those guys just remit whatever they deem fit to the government that established them.

This move is very welcomed.
Re: FG Takes Over Revenue Management Of NNPC, Customs, FIRS, NCC, Others by patrickmuf(m): 12:11am On Sep 23, 2020
SeniorGee:
Positive step, what most Nigerians don't know is that the revenue of these government agencies are collected by private companies and then shared with the government, similar to what obtains in Lagos. The govt wants to collect their money themselves. Hope it works because some people are already jubilating say God don butter their bread!!
We just pervert everything in this country. God help us
That's the downside to the whole initiative as those directors will go in there and become part of the rot they were appointed to fix. However, with the deployment of tech (hopefully all transactions should be online) things might be different.
Re: FG Takes Over Revenue Management Of NNPC, Customs, FIRS, NCC, Others by DedeNkem: 4:21am On Sep 23, 2020
What do they mean by take over? I thought these agencies were already owned by the Federal government!
Re: FG Takes Over Revenue Management Of NNPC, Customs, FIRS, NCC, Others by janedonez(m): 5:34am On Sep 23, 2020
This decision isn't different from the old order. They should put place computerized infrastructure that will cut off irregularities
Re: FG Takes Over Revenue Management Of NNPC, Customs, FIRS, NCC, Others by lukency(m): 6:25am On Sep 23, 2020
Gate of food don open for some
Re: FG Takes Over Revenue Management Of NNPC, Customs, FIRS, NCC, Others by Ustec: 6:52am On Sep 23, 2020
lexy2014:

Really? Can u provide d figures?
Just like jamb, the figures will revealed itself soon.
Re: FG Takes Over Revenue Management Of NNPC, Customs, FIRS, NCC, Others by AerialMapper: 6:58am On Sep 23, 2020
But he put northerners in position in these agencies yet revenue is dwindling!

You take a retired army officer to head customs, you put yourself as minister of petroleum,... I’m tired jare

Modified

Ever heard of “cause and effect”... you are the cause and dwindling revenue is the effect of what you have caused!

1. You are minister of petroleum... enough said. You cannot expect a lot from incompetence

2. Importers cannot access forex, the economy is crashing, there is no growth, smuggling is rife in the north... who will customs collect duty from?
3. Nigerians are no longer consuming as they used to, companies cannot pay salaries, who will FIRS tax?
Lastly, stealing is higher than revenue

It isn’t rocket science
Re: FG Takes Over Revenue Management Of NNPC, Customs, FIRS, NCC, Others by Oketwin(m): 8:49am On Sep 23, 2020
Dj khali anoda one, confused lots.
Re: FG Takes Over Revenue Management Of NNPC, Customs, FIRS, NCC, Others by lexy2014: 9:38am On Sep 23, 2020
SeniorGee:
Positive step, what most Nigerians don't know is that the revenue of these government agencies are collected by private companies and then shared with the government, similar to what obtains in Lagos. The govt wants to collect their money themselves.

Oga, which private companies are u referring? pls what was d purpose of TSA?
Re: FG Takes Over Revenue Management Of NNPC, Customs, FIRS, NCC, Others by lexy2014: 9:40am On Sep 23, 2020
pacespot:
Corruption has eaten deep in those agencies, they will never remit even half of the money generated to the CBN. You will only see their MD's turning in with new Maybash's and other exotic cars, and those ones they bought for their concubines. I think this government is the best in the history of Nigeria, barred security.

How is this govt d best in d history of Nigeria? Pls explain how. TSA has been in operation in Nigeria since 2015. Can u tell what it's purpose is vis-a-vis d comment u made?
Re: FG Takes Over Revenue Management Of NNPC, Customs, FIRS, NCC, Others by lexy2014: 9:42am On Sep 23, 2020
patrickmuf:
I was concerned when I saw the NNPC and other Government corporations donating huge sums to the FG for the fight against COVID-19. How on earth does a government agency donate to the government? Really crazy, makes it obvious even to the blind that those guys just remit whatever they deem fit to the government that established them.

This move is very welcomed.

Who is d govt and who is nnpc? Is nnpc separate from d govt?
Re: FG Takes Over Revenue Management Of NNPC, Customs, FIRS, NCC, Others by patrickmuf(m): 9:44am On Sep 23, 2020
lexy2014:

Does it make any sense for a government agency to donate funds for a government response?
Re: FG Takes Over Revenue Management Of NNPC, Customs, FIRS, NCC, Others by Harrykn: 10:06am On Sep 23, 2020
It is finished.
Re: FG Takes Over Revenue Management Of NNPC, Customs, FIRS, NCC, Others by lexy2014: 12:15pm On Sep 23, 2020
patrickmuf:
Does it make any sense for a government agency to donate funds for a government response?

That doesn't answer d question:

Re: FG Takes Over Revenue Management Of NNPC, Customs, FIRS, NCC, Others by connkg(m): 4:21pm On Sep 23, 2020
One Director of Revenue to learn the ropes and come up with fresh ideas to increase revenue?
I.T.-driven? Is it an entire replication of the Revenue department of these GOEs?
Who collects? Same old government folks? Who totals revenue before remittance? New office?
I think that if the government deploys more I.T. remittance AND timely service delivery, there would be less need for more human oversight.
As is, payment by online methods exposes the delay in many government offices, which creates room for revenue loss by inappropriate financial inducement. Government should set time- targets for service delivery and a robust complaint system. Revenue will surely increase then.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Convention: Osita Chidoka Points Out Absence Of Igbo Presidential Aspirants / Bola Tinubu In Katsina, Meets Delegates / Don’t Judge Tinubu With Buhari’s Failure, Mr Jollof Urges Celebs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.