Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix (3717 Views)

Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention / How To Download Videos On Android Using Phoenix Browser / Opera Mini Browser Is Becoming Something Else (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Classickj(m): 11:52am On Sep 23, 2020
Kvngfrosh:
Chrome has all these features you mentioned
Baba it doesn't
Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Classickj(m): 11:54am On Sep 23, 2020
Binance:

Yes, very very old

Been trying to attach screenshot of the version here but it always return without posting.

Not because of the size but simply because opera browser is just wack!! then!!!
Baba just download the latest opera
Am typing from the older version
I use the latest version for posting of pic and other things without any problem
Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Binance(m): 12:07pm On Sep 23, 2020
Classickj:

Baba just download the latest opera
Am typing from the older version
I use the latest version for posting of pic and other things without any problem
Chairman I'm using the latest opera mini... sometimes it fails to upload at other times it upload.

Try playing YouTube videos on it would tell you "error occurred while loading video"

I'm surprised you don't know opera is a whack browser.
try using I to sign up Twitter n tell us something

1 Like

Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by ITbomb(m): 12:12pm On Sep 23, 2020
You guys should stop comparing Chrome with opera mini

If you want real browser, uninstall all ya opera minis and install Opera Browser

Binance:

Chairman I'm using the latest opera mini... sometimes it fails to upload at other times it upload.

Try playing YouTube videos on it would tell you "error occurred while loading video"

Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Earlystar698(m): 12:16pm On Sep 23, 2020
SIONKPO1:
you lie,chrome doesn't save pages and it consumes data alots
lies, chrome is the best browser!

Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Earlystar698(m): 12:17pm On Sep 23, 2020

Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Earlystar698(m): 12:18pm On Sep 23, 2020
i purposely post-it differently!

Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by iTroll: 12:22pm On Sep 23, 2020
Ebenezer2021:
you're still using a Java phone?
I cut my coat according to my size
Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Earlystar698(m): 12:23pm On Sep 23, 2020
here is my google browser

Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Binance(m): 12:26pm On Sep 23, 2020
ITbomb:
You guys should stop comparing Chrome with opera mini

If you want real browser, uninstall all ya opera minis and install Opera Browser

Bro Itoro, does Opera Browser permit free 50mb browsing too?
Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Samyd18: 12:27pm On Sep 23, 2020
Binance:

1. opera mini browser is different from opera browser...... opera mini browser is best for people who have small data and doesn't bother about page layout

2. opera mini browser can still be changed to give a better layout if you change the data saving to (off) .... that's why you can't load Twitter on the browser, can't upload pictures on nairaland

3 settings data saving to automatically will make you enjoy 50mb on Airtel and MTN

4. opera mini browser is best since it's a mini browser..... chrome, Firefox don't have mini browser.... even the recent ucweb mini is no longer mini again 40mb plus
Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Earlystar698(m): 12:28pm On Sep 23, 2020
And here Opera mini

Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Ebenezer2021(m): 12:29pm On Sep 23, 2020
iTroll:
I cut my coat according to my size
how you take screenshot am?
Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Earlystar698(m): 12:30pm On Sep 23, 2020
no Cap

Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by ITbomb(m): 12:40pm On Sep 23, 2020
Binance:

does Opera Browser permit free 50mb browsing too?
No, if you want the free 50mb, then endure the limitations of Opera mini but if you want full browsing experience, install Opera browser
Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Mystique8(f): 12:57pm On Sep 23, 2020
Duckduckgo remains the best for me

1 Like

Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Dubbuqueee: 1:32pm On Sep 23, 2020
I use brave for my surfing Nd use IDM + for my download above 1gig
Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Olamyyde(m): 1:49pm On Sep 23, 2020
Classickj:

I hate chrome
* Can you save a page on chrome = no
* I can open 30 pages at once on opera and read then later which can never happen on chrome
* Your chrome don't have navigation bar ( <---- and ----> )
* Forget ad, opera is still one of the best browser ... I have 3 different version of opera on my phone
* the older version is kind of annoying but it's still ok
Who told you that you can't save pages on Chrome?

I open 50+ pages at once on chrome and read later.

Ads for any browser is a minus.

Abeg chrome is miles ahead of any browser on android apart from kiwi and maybe firefox. Open sites in desktop mode on chrome and opera to compare. Chrome's only weakness is ads and no extension support.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Olamyyde(m): 1:52pm On Sep 23, 2020
Binance:
So many sites don't open with opera, some not properly.

I only use them cos of free browsing,,else I wouldn't even open shit
Asin look at how quora looks like on opera(a recent version)

1 Like

Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by KendrickAyomide: 2:03pm On Sep 23, 2020
iTroll:
lol fvck you, i have opera on all my phones, so na your own come different

guy see phone wey u they use for 2020. Poverty hold you strong O. Godforbid

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by KendrickAyomide: 2:07pm On Sep 23, 2020
Who still use opera mini? Chai The kind people wey they Nairaland they tire me.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by nkiliuzo(m): 3:45pm On Sep 23, 2020
iTroll:
lol fvck you, i have opera on all my phones, so na your own come different

this phone still dey exist

1 Like

Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Petyr1: 4:00pm On Sep 23, 2020
Mystique8:
Duckduckgo remains the best for me
lol. duckducgo is not a browser but a search engine just like Google
Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Petyr1: 4:02pm On Sep 23, 2020
the only reason I'm still using opera mini is because of the free 50mb. opera mini is worst.
what is the purpose of a browser that can't open major website like Twitter, Quora ?
Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Flytime: 4:04pm On Sep 23, 2020
Olamyyde:

Asin look at how quora looks like on opera(a recent version)
true it looks terrible...opera mini though
Olamyyde:

Abeg chrome is miles ahead of any browser on android apart from kiwi and maybe firefox. Open sites in desktop mode on chrome and opera to compare. Chrome's only weakness is ads and no extension support.
plus downloading on the browser is unstable
Earlystar698:
no Cap
what's the excess of all this screenshots?
It doesn't prove any point
Petyr1:
the only reason I'm still using opera mini is because of the free 50mb. opera mini is worst.
what is the purpose of a browser that can't open major website like Twitter, Quora ?
it actually opened twitter and even Instagram the last time I used it
Quora opened but looked terrible and if you click on anything it will just reload the same page,you can't even see a full comment if it's much because the moment you click on read more it just reloads

Reddit used to work but the last time I checked its not fully loaded rendering it useless
For apps like quora,reddit and instagram I'll advise you to download the app
Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Earlystar698(m): 4:09pm On Sep 23, 2020
Flytime:
plus downloading on the browser is unstable
what's the excess of all this screenshots?
It doesn't prove any point
it's doesn't prove any point because you have a narrow mind!
Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Flytime: 4:10pm On Sep 23, 2020
Earlystar698:
it's doesn't prove any point because you have a narrow mind!
Explain the screenshots
Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Earlystar698(m): 4:12pm On Sep 23, 2020
Flytime:
Explain the screenshots
First you are not the Op secondly try understand the post first before I explain anything to you!
Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Fatbabyfart(m): 5:16pm On Sep 23, 2020
CHROME is a constant.
No browser should be compared to chrome both on desktop and mobile.
They will surely lack one or two.

Those saying chrome consumes data, you can turn on lite mode on chrome.
With chrome, so many apps becomes useless on my phone, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, messenger.
You can search for a page when offline, and it will automatically load when you come online.

The feature I love most is Google define, where Google automatically defines any text you touched and hold for some seconds just like web search.
Also with chrome you can add a certain web page to your home screen, saving you the stress to open your browser to look for it again.
Is it the auto sync of passwords. Top notch.

Please chrome, any day anytime
Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Anonime1105(m): 8:22pm On Sep 23, 2020
1... Chrome (Most Sofisticated browser)
2.... Opera browser ( light weight, fast and low data consumption)
3.... UC browser (best downloader)

These are my 3 major browsers, i've tried others like Firefox, PH browser, Samsung etc but always return to the 3 above for the reasons stated.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Classickj(m): 10:42am On Sep 24, 2020
Olamyyde:

You will need internet for to be able to read those 50 pages... Unlike opera you can read without internet...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg: Why I Wear The Same T-shirt Every Day / Infinix Zero 2 Discussion Forum / How Playing Pokémon Go In Nigeria Would Look Like

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.