Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,417 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

The Most Touching Post On Nairaland - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Most Touching Post On Nairaland (1633 Views)

Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. / Blindfolded Man Identifies His Wife Just By Touching Her Hands (video) / A Facebook User Touching Tribute To His Mom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Touching Post On Nairaland by TATALoAlaMu: 6:35pm On Sep 22, 2020
What's the most touching post you ever read on Nairaland. Here is mine. The post really touch me gan.

https://www.nairaland.com/3084281/save-me-12th-hour-o#45285113

Well Done Dominque, Ifyalways and that lady that went to her house. May you not be put to shame.

I'm sorry for mentioning you guys.
Re: The Most Touching Post On Nairaland by MichealKin50: 6:50pm On Sep 22, 2020
Ok
Re: The Most Touching Post On Nairaland by Madibah(m): 6:56pm On Sep 22, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
I read the chat

I saw people posted it's scam and all
But it's eventually not

It's touching
But how come pikin no get papa?
Re: The Most Touching Post On Nairaland by TATALoAlaMu: 7:02pm On Sep 22, 2020
Madibah:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
I read the chat

I saw people posted it's scam and all
But it's eventually not

It's touching
But how come pikin no get papa?

Na so we see am but judge not so ye shall not be judged

I shed a tear.
Re: The Most Touching Post On Nairaland by Klass99(f): 9:22pm On Sep 22, 2020

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Most Touching Post On Nairaland by Petyr1: 9:56pm On Sep 22, 2020

3 Likes

Re: The Most Touching Post On Nairaland by TATALoAlaMu: 9:59pm On Sep 22, 2020
Klass99:

My most memorable post on NL which touched me as well, would be the one about a white American man, who never went to school, never married and never had kids.

But, he owned a farm and worked real hard on it, saving a huge and substantial sum of money from the proceeds of his farm.

When he passed on he left all of his money to a charity organization and instructed that, it be used as scholarship to sponsor kids to schools. Kids who can't afford to go to school on their own.

That story made front page and I was really touched by that man's thoughtfulness, selfless act and generosity. I was like wow, now that is real service to humanity.

While alive, that man would have been mocked and looked down upon in the African society as a useless, good for nothing old man who doesn't want to marry. We will hear comments like "oga do and go and marry, you don old" and other such nonsense.

But, how many of us can do what he did?

Do you have the link.
Re: The Most Touching Post On Nairaland by TATALoAlaMu: 10:32pm On Sep 22, 2020
Re: The Most Touching Post On Nairaland by cassidy1996(m): 8:55am On Sep 23, 2020
its real touching

1 Like

Re: The Most Touching Post On Nairaland by TATALoAlaMu: 9:10am On Sep 23, 2020
cassidy1996:
its real touching

I shed a tear

1 Like

Re: The Most Touching Post On Nairaland by Saintmary(f): 10:20am On Sep 23, 2020
I'm shaking my head vigorously.
Nigerian girls will do lots of shit to keep these same guys who don't care a whit about their future and health.
They can't allow their reproductive health to be compromised in any way, yet these girls will risk cancer, STDs or even death to keep them?
If you are a female reading this, ask yourself, what is their benefit gangan?

Read through this thread if you wan get sense!

https://www.nairaland.com/6133946/nigerian-men-talk-vasectomies#94163138

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Touching Post On Nairaland by Petyr1: 11:08am On Sep 23, 2020
Saintmary:
I'm shaking my head vigorously.
Nigerian girls will do lots of shit to keep these same guys who don't care a whit about their future and health.
They can't allow their reproductive health to be compromised in any way, yet these girls will risk cancer, STDs or even death to keep them?
If you are a female reading this, ask yourself, what is their benefit gangan?

Read through this thread if you wan get sense!

https://www.nairaland.com/6133946/nigerian-men-talk-vasectomies#94163138
that vasectomy is bullshit because it permanent. there are other ways of preventing pregnancy. what happened to the use of Condom or using spermatocide?
what about abstaining from sex?
by the way most of the female family plan is reversible
Re: The Most Touching Post On Nairaland by merieam16(f): 11:50am On Sep 23, 2020
Can really remember buh one lady like dat omobutty. One of her post is quite touching
Re: The Most Touching Post On Nairaland by Saintmary(f): 12:25pm On Sep 23, 2020
Petyr1:
that vasectomy is bullshit because it permanent. there are other ways of preventing pregnancy. what happened to the use of Condom or using spermatocide?
what about abstaining from sex?
by the way most of the female family plan is reversible
Are you going to spray the spermicide on your body?
What about condom lubricant allergies?
This is just horrible!

Re: The Most Touching Post On Nairaland by Petyr1: 3:00pm On Sep 23, 2020
Saintmary:

Are you going to spray the spermicide on your body?
What about condom lubricant allergies?
This is just horrible!
then what happened to abstinence? if you stay always, you will not die but if you think your life depend on it then you go for family planning and leave the innocent man alone

1 Like

Re: The Most Touching Post On Nairaland by Hathor5(f): 3:24pm On Sep 23, 2020
Klass99:

My most memorable post on NL which touched me as well, would be the one about a white American man, who never went to school, never married and never had kids.

But, he owned a farm and worked real hard on it, saving a huge and substantial sum of money from the proceeds of his farm.

When he passed on he left all of his money to a charity organization and instructed that, it be used as scholarship to sponsor kids to schools. Kids who can't afford to go to school on their own.

That story made front page and I was really touched by that man's thoughtfulness, selfless act and generosity. I was like wow, now that is real service to humanity.

While alive, that man would have been mocked and looked down upon in the African society as a useless, good for nothing old man who doesn't want to marry. We will hear comments like "oga do and go and marry, you don old" and other such nonsense.

Most people will get married and have children for selfish reasons and expect us to believe they did to better society. cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Most Touching Post On Nairaland by Saintmary(f): 4:36pm On Sep 23, 2020
Petyr1:
then what happened to abstinence? if you stay always, you will not die but if you think your life depend on it then you go for family planning and leave the innocent man alone
Innocent man

1 Like

Re: The Most Touching Post On Nairaland by Greatzeus(m): 8:08pm On Sep 23, 2020
TATALoAlaMu:
What's the most touching post you ever read on Nairaland. Here is mine. The post really touch me gan.

https://www.nairaland.com/3084281/save-me-12th-hour-o#45285113

Well Done Dominque, Ifyalways and that lady that went to her house. May you not be put to shame.

I'm sorry for mentioning you guys.
There's nothing touching about a pregnant lady begging online. It's too normal and common as far as Nairaland is concerned. Matter of fact there lots of posts created to solicit for help that are far more touching than this but turned out to be scam.
I remember a young man who claimed to be homeless,he posted a picture of him in an uncompleted building,using a cloth as bed. Like me,many nairalanders where touched and reached out to him until some people started digging and found out he is a serial begged on nairaland who comes with different emotional stories. He deactivated the account after being caught.
That day I decided I will never be deceived by anyone online writing emotional crap to gain pity. As for me, there's nothing anyone can post here that will make me part with a dime. Never again.
Re: The Most Touching Post On Nairaland by dingbang(m): 6:48am On Sep 24, 2020
Klass99:

can you do it
Re: The Most Touching Post On Nairaland by Klass99(f): 9:23am On Sep 24, 2020

2 Likes

Re: The Most Touching Post On Nairaland by Hathor5(f): 3:45pm On Sep 24, 2020
Klass99:

Lol grin, this reminds me of when I asked Ariza, why do you want to have children? And babe was rambling unable to give me a straight answer. I had a good laugh on that thread. To bring a child into the world is a HUGE decision. How many people actually think before doing it? They don't care. They reproduce first think later.

People have children for selfish reasons so I find it funny that the same people will criticize you as selfish for making the decision not to have them.

1 Like

Re: The Most Touching Post On Nairaland by TATALoAlaMu: 5:14pm On Sep 24, 2020
Greatzeus:

There's nothing touching about a pregnant lady begging online. It's too normal and common as far as Nairaland is concerned. Matter of fact there lots of posts created to solicit for help that are far more touching than this but turned out to be scam.
I remember a young man who claimed to be homeless,he posted a picture of him in an uncompleted building,using a cloth as bed. Like me,many nairalanders where touched and reached out to him until some people started digging and found out he is a serial begged on nairaland who comes with different emotional stories. He deactivated the account after being caught.
That day I decided I will never be deceived by anyone online writing emotional crap to gain pity. As for me, there's nothing anyone can post here that will make me part with a dime. Never again.

But she wasn't a scam. It's pathetically intriguing.
Re: The Most Touching Post On Nairaland by Houseofglam7(f): 7:41am On Sep 25, 2020
cry

1 Like

Re: The Most Touching Post On Nairaland by fattprince(m): 8:51am On Sep 25, 2020
Klass99:

Lol grin, this reminds me of when I asked Ariza, why do you want to have children? And babe was rambling unable to give me a straight answer. I had a good laugh on that thread. To bring a child into the world is a HUGE decision. How many people actually think before doing it? They don't care. They reproduce first think later.

Oh yes I can and I am, already in my own ways. I once asked God to please give me a profitable employment, that will be a blessing not only to me but to my family, friends, the less privileged etc. A profitable employment that will enable me meet my needs and the needs of others whether I am related to them or not. An employment that benefit others, allows me to give to worthy causes and give to the furtherance of His Kingdom's work on earth. He has answered that prayer over and over, because it was said with a sincere heart. I wasn't trying to bamboozle Him cheesy

I am not rich. But, it is not a rich person who gives, it is a giver that gives, You either have the gift of giving or you don't! I do. Which is why I could pray that prayer and I do the things I do. I have been called selfish by people for my conscious decision to not have kids, it doesn't bother me one bit because my life is mine to build, it is not for others to steer.

So, I am not all about me and my children, me and my household alone. I am more about the two cardinal rules of my faith - that I love my God with all my heart, soul and spirit & I love my neighbor as myself. The decision to be childless along with my gift of giving, actually helps/enables me to share of myself, time and resources with others, like that man did when he died. I am not waiting to die like him before giving though, I do so now. Have I answered your question?

No, I don't.
A black woman did it too. This one didn't even die before giving. She gave everything she earned from working as a maid. She saved up to a million dollars after working for over 50 years. Gave it up and continue to do her work. She gave it to students that can't afford tuition too. She didn't marry or had a child too. I think marriage is some people downfall. But me I must have at least a child though, lol. I love children.

1 Like

Re: The Most Touching Post On Nairaland by Klass99(f): 10:22am On Sep 25, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education / Our Marriage Is Just Six Weeks But I Can No Longer Manage My Husband’s Constant / I Want To Kill Myself.. Can't Continue Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.