Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:30 PM

Oyegun: Obaseki’s Victory Shows Egocentric Politicking Can Be Defeated - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyegun: Obaseki’s Victory Shows Egocentric Politicking Can Be Defeated (27383 Views)

Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu / Adeleke’s Victory Shows We’ll Reclaim All Stolen Mandate – PDP, Atiku, CUPP / "Fayemi’s Victory Shows Nigerians Are Happy With Buhari" – Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyegun: Obaseki’s Victory Shows Egocentric Politicking Can Be Defeated by jamalnation(m): 2:53pm On Sep 23, 2020
omowolewa:
I suggest an Ambassador post for Adams.
Like Ambassador to North Korea.
It's clear he is not loved in, National, State and even Local politics
Savage!
Re: Oyegun: Obaseki’s Victory Shows Egocentric Politicking Can Be Defeated by Carlylepneuma: 2:56pm On Sep 23, 2020
PMB let it slide if PMB had wanted to rigged Edo election he would have that is for sure bt i tell u Obaseki will definately come back to Apc in the future watch and s33!
Re: Oyegun: Obaseki’s Victory Shows Egocentric Politicking Can Be Defeated by freeborn02: 2:58pm On Sep 23, 2020
post=94223017:

A better Nigeria all around is all we want.

No, you don't want a better Nigeria. You are just a shameless praise singer who turns deaf ears to every bad thing the APC does.

There is nothing progressive about you. You are just a pretensive entity with nonexistent dignity or honor. Morality and integrity are not even your strong points.

Stop deceiving yourself and go and treat your depression.
Re: Oyegun: Obaseki’s Victory Shows Egocentric Politicking Can Be Defeated by Sholaco: 2:59pm On Sep 23, 2020
Hahahahahaha bitter soul
Re: Oyegun: Obaseki’s Victory Shows Egocentric Politicking Can Be Defeated by Obodogri: 3:01pm On Sep 23, 2020
SilverNorGold:
Obaseki should thank God that President Mohammadu Buhari is the one in power and not Obasanjo or Goodluck Jonathan, else Pastor Ize Iyamu would have been the chief supervisor of that election, dressed in DSS uniform.

Obaseki and the PDP should thank God that Nigeria has a President who acts like a father to all, irrespective of your party, state or philosophy.

The best elections ever in Nigeria were all done under the watch of President Buhari.

This should tell everyone, including the enemies of Nigeria, that President Buhari is a man of peace, man of integrity and man of the people.

He's neither interested in Silver and Gold nor Oil and fame. All he's interested in is the wellbeing of the masses.

God bless the President.
God bless the Patriots.
God bless Nigerians.
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Jonathan did better than this during Oshiomhole's reelection in 2012.

Hear Oshiomhole:
Gov. Adams Oshiomhole of Edo on Sunday described President Goodluck Jonahan as a statesman and a man of honour.

Oshiomhole, who made the statement at a world press conference in Benin, attributed the peaceful conduct of the governorship election in Edo on Saturday to Jonathan’s determination to enthrone credible democracy in Nigeria.

“ I want to appreciate Mr President with his resolve and public pronouncement that he would provide adequate security for the people and the INEC staff before, during and after the election.

“I am glad that Mr President kept to his words of assurance that there would be no thuggery, hooliganism and violence during the Edo Governorship Election.

He said that the president had led by example, which is the hall mark of a statesman.

“He is indeed a statesman, a man of honour because there was adequate and effective presence of security agents on ground.

“I am impressed because the army actually played a neutral role .in the election,’’ he said.

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/oshiomhole-to-jonathan-you-are-a-statesman-a-man-of-honor-dedicates-victory-to-edo-people/

There was no single gunshot, no thuggery, no ballot snatching and so on.
But last Saturday in Edo, there were gunshots, where one person died and several others were wounded.
Ballot boxes were snatched.

I agree that under Buhari, this is the only election that has a measure of credibility.

But van this be said about the 2019 general election?
How about the Kogi, Kano, Osun, Plateau.
I was in all those states i mentioned except Plateau state.
What happened in Osun was terrible.
I was in Ede where the daylight robbery took place.

Finally,if what you said that he's not interested in this and that is true, let him resign from being the Petroleum Minister, a portfolio he promised to head for only 18months (1 year and 6 months) but he has been there since 64 months (5 years 4 months) now with no positive impact.
Rather what we have seen is astronomical increments (more than twice now) in prices of Petroleum products.
So if truly he is a man of integrity, he would have quit the office to fulfill his promise.

https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/buhari-why-president-will-head-petroleum-ministry-for-18-months/s6knpev.amp

Re: Oyegun: Obaseki’s Victory Shows Egocentric Politicking Can Be Defeated by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 23, 2020
maestro299:
A similar argument about 'hands being tied' could be made for Obaseki's 2020 victory, (the threat of visa ban?) but the fact remains that he didn't use 'federal might' to influence the 2012 Edo elections. And by the way, in terms of destruction of this country, there no PDP or APC or SDP or whatever. What we have are a set of wicked, greedy and visionless political elites, unified in their common goal of looting this great nation's abundant resources for themselves and their generations unborn.

This is not the first time the US is threatening Nigerian politicians, yet they haven't changed. So it's wrong to say the threat Influenced the election.

Even some PDP apologists have acknowledged that Buhari has done well in terms of free and fair elections.

Regarding the emboldened, I agree with you that there are bad politicians everywhere.

This is why I like Buhari. He doesn't care whether you are PDP or APC. If you misbehave, you'll be dealt with in accordance with the law.

Give it to him.
Re: Oyegun: Obaseki’s Victory Shows Egocentric Politicking Can Be Defeated by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 23, 2020
Obodogri:

Jonathan did better than this during Oshiomhole's reelection in 2012.

Hear Oshiomhole:
Gov. Adams Oshiomhole of Edo on Sunday described President Goodluck Jonahan as a statesman and a man of honour.

Oshiomhole, who made the statement at a world press conference in Benin, attributed the peaceful conduct of the governorship election in Edo on Saturday to Jonathan’s determination to enthrone credible democracy in Nigeria.

“ I want to appreciate Mr President with his resolve and public pronouncement that he would provide adequate security for the people and the INEC staff before, during and after the election.

“I am glad that Mr President kept to his words of assurance that there would be no thuggery, hooliganism and violence during the Edo Governorship Election.

He said that the president had led by example, which is the hall mark of a statesman.

“He is indeed a statesman, a man of honour because there was adequate and effective presence of security agents on ground.

“I am impressed because the army actually played a neutral role .in the election,’’ he said.

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/oshiomhole-to-jonathan-you-are-a-statesman-a-man-of-honor-dedicates-victory-to-edo-people/

There was no single gunshot, no thuggery, no ballot snatching and so on.
But last Saturday in Edo, there were gunshots, where one person died and several others were wounded.
Ballot boxes were snatched.

I agree that under Buhari, this is the only election that has a measure of credibility.

But van this be said about the 2019 general election?
How about the Kogi, Kano, Osun, Plateau.
I was in all those states i mentioned except Plateau state.
What happened in Osun was terrible.
I was in Ede where the daylight robbery took place.

Finally,if what you said that he's not interested in this and that is true, let him resign from being the Petroleum Minister, a portfolio he promised to head for only 18months (1 year and 6 months) but he has been there since 64 months (5 years 4 months) now with no positive impact.
Rather what we have seen is astronomical increments (more than twice now) in prices of Petroleum products.
So if truly he is a man of integrity, he would have quit the office to fulfill his promise.

https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/buhari-why-president-will-head-petroleum-ministry-for-18-months/s6knpev.amp

I have MODIFIED my post, check it out. It's a direct reply to this. I gave reasons why Goodluck and the PDP didn't rig out Oshiomole in 2012 like they rigged him out in 2007 when PDP was in power in Abuja.

Regarding fairness, this election is the fairest ever. All elections conducted under Buhari are free and fair. Buhari has never interfered with any federal, state or local government election.
Re: Oyegun: Obaseki’s Victory Shows Egocentric Politicking Can Be Defeated by Edyice: 3:09pm On Sep 23, 2020
Carlylepneuma:
PMB let it slide if PMB had wanted to rigged Edo election he would have that is for sure bt i tell u Obaseki will definately come back to Apc in the future watch and s33!

Then USA will send their troops to bring him in...

Hope you will fight for bubu LIFELESS DULLARD grin

Re: Oyegun: Obaseki’s Victory Shows Egocentric Politicking Can Be Defeated by InoFilms: 3:21pm On Sep 23, 2020
Re: Oyegun: Obaseki’s Victory Shows Egocentric Politicking Can Be Defeated by Offpoint1: 3:23pm On Sep 23, 2020
Miosendyin:
What's d configuration? Send me ur digits to chat u up

WhatsApp 09055402072
Re: Oyegun: Obaseki’s Victory Shows Egocentric Politicking Can Be Defeated by Offpoint1: 3:24pm On Sep 23, 2020
FuckOsuPigs:

Supply your WhatsApp number
Re: Oyegun: Obaseki’s Victory Shows Egocentric Politicking Can Be Defeated by KingGBsky(m): 3:25pm On Sep 23, 2020
SilverNorGold:
Obaseki should thank God that President Mohammadu Buhari is the one in power and not Obasanjo or Goodluck Jonathan, else Pastor Ize Iyamu would have been the chief supervisor of that election, dressed in DSS uniform.

Obaseki and the PDP should thank God that Nigeria has a President who acts like a father to all, irrespective of your party, state or philosophy.

The best elections ever in Nigeria were all done under the watch of President Buhari.

This should tell everyone, including the enemies of Nigeria, that President Buhari is a man of peace, man of integrity and man of the people.

He's neither interested in Silver and Gold nor Oil and fame. All he's interested in is the wellbeing of the masses.

MODIFIED

Goodluck Jonathan's and the PDP's hands were tied because the people overwhelmingly voted Comrade Oshiomole.

Remember he was rigged out by the PDP on April 14 2007? It took the intervention of the Tribunal, under Justice Peter Umeadi, and the Courts to send Professor Osunbor and the PDP packing.

So repeating the same rigging would have been a waste of time and resources for the PDP in 2012 as they knew the fraud would be resisted like 2007.

He tried it for Governor Fayose and succeeded.

PDP really destroyed this country.

Thank God for President Mohammadu Buhari.

God bless the President.
God bless the Patriots.
God bless Nigerians.

Keep quiet and let sensible people talk.

1 Like

Re: Oyegun: Obaseki’s Victory Shows Egocentric Politicking Can Be Defeated by 2016v2017: 3:28pm On Sep 23, 2020
ojaysam25:
Oshomole still has hope...he still have tailoring shop to tend to....he should take solace in that.
Re: Oyegun: Obaseki’s Victory Shows Egocentric Politicking Can Be Defeated by HRMK: 3:32pm On Sep 23, 2020
HAHAHA...NOBODY EXPECTS ANYTHING DFFT FROM U!OSHIOMOLE WAS NEVER UR FRD NOW!!
Re: Oyegun: Obaseki’s Victory Shows Egocentric Politicking Can Be Defeated by OROSUNBOLB(m): 3:36pm On Sep 23, 2020
christopher123:
why is he wearing igbo traditional dress ?

just asking sshaaaaa

How is that Igbo traditional dress please ?
Re: Oyegun: Obaseki’s Victory Shows Egocentric Politicking Can Be Defeated by Eddygre8(m): 3:41pm On Sep 23, 2020
Exemplary leader
Re: Oyegun: Obaseki’s Victory Shows Egocentric Politicking Can Be Defeated by Born2Breed(f): 3:45pm On Sep 23, 2020
Waiting for Oshiomole to shamelessly send in his congratulatory message.
Re: Oyegun: Obaseki’s Victory Shows Egocentric Politicking Can Be Defeated by Cantonese: 3:49pm On Sep 23, 2020
ignis:
I see Obaseki going returning back to APC soon.

Back to sender!!!!!!!
Which kind vision be that? You dey follow Sat Guru?
Re: Oyegun: Obaseki’s Victory Shows Egocentric Politicking Can Be Defeated by VULCAN(m): 3:58pm On Sep 23, 2020
Thank God after the long epistle praise singing the worst President we have ever had, you only got 4 likes from your fellow Buhari Media crew.

Only some northerners, most Yoruba Muslims and a handful of treacherous Christian Southerners support the evil one

SilverNorGold:

MODIFIED

Goodluck Jonathan's and the PDP's hands were tied because the people overwhelmingly voted Comrade Oshiomole.

Remember he was rigged out by the PDP on April 14 2007? It took the intervention of the Tribunal, under Justice Peter Umeadi, and the Courts to send Professor Osunbor and the PDP packing.

So repeating the same rigging would have been a waste of time and resources for the PDP in 2012 as they knew the fraud would be resisted like 2007.

He tried it for Governor Fayose and succeeded.

PDP really destroyed this country.

Thank God for President Mohammadu Buhari.

God bless the President.
God bless the Patriots.
God bless Nigerians.
Re: Oyegun: Obaseki’s Victory Shows Egocentric Politicking Can Be Defeated by Karlifate: 4:00pm On Sep 23, 2020
ojaysam25:
Oshomole still has hope...he still have tailoring shop to tend to....he should take solace in that.
LMAO! grin grin
Re: Oyegun: Obaseki’s Victory Shows Egocentric Politicking Can Be Defeated by christopher123(m): 4:09pm On Sep 23, 2020
OROSUNBOLB:

How is that Igbo traditional dress please ?
pure igbo traditional wear .. been worm like this in igbo for centuries

but argue with your keyboard
Re: Oyegun: Obaseki’s Victory Shows Egocentric Politicking Can Be Defeated by Geesaintagape: 4:16pm On Sep 23, 2020
Na ize iyamu I pity pass just dey lose here n their
Re: Oyegun: Obaseki’s Victory Shows Egocentric Politicking Can Be Defeated by Iamsofavoured(m): 4:26pm On Sep 23, 2020
Whats d spec?
Offpoint1:
Available for sale, UK used.

Pay on delivery within Lagos
Re: Oyegun: Obaseki’s Victory Shows Egocentric Politicking Can Be Defeated by rolams(m): 4:28pm On Sep 23, 2020
Oshiomole don die patapata!
Re: Oyegun: Obaseki’s Victory Shows Egocentric Politicking Can Be Defeated by Offpoint1: 4:31pm On Sep 23, 2020
Iamsofavoured:
Whats d spec?
Brand: Hp Model: probook 6550b Storage: 250gb hdd RAM: 4gb Processor: intel corei3 Screen size: 15" Hd webcam: Available Wifi: Available Operating system: Wins10 Ports: usb, vga, hdmi Excellent battery Warranty: Available Very clean Free charger
Re: Oyegun: Obaseki’s Victory Shows Egocentric Politicking Can Be Defeated by Yebosola(m): 4:52pm On Sep 23, 2020
OfficialAPCNig:

Keep seeing. The same thing you guys said about Matawalle and Tambuwal.

He is Bini not traitorous afonaj

cheesy

Werey eda, Afonja kill u there,am sure u are in Afonja land after leaving your poto land to escape your kerosene sharing land, omo ale jatijati
Re: Oyegun: Obaseki’s Victory Shows Egocentric Politicking Can Be Defeated by heysquare(m): 4:54pm On Sep 23, 2020
Tell Oyegun that what happened in Bayelsa would happen in Edo. Same way Jonathan supported APC candidate that was removed by Supreme court while he was rehearsing for the inauguration!
Re: Oyegun: Obaseki’s Victory Shows Egocentric Politicking Can Be Defeated by Yankee101: 4:56pm On Sep 23, 2020
I felt he never wanted Oshiomole and Tinubu to succeed after helping to remove him from office
Re: Oyegun: Obaseki’s Victory Shows Egocentric Politicking Can Be Defeated by fof1: 4:57pm On Sep 23, 2020
Brandstudio01:
It's a family issue. Let their Leaders settle them instead of washing their duty linen in a market Square. Unless they're telling the world the party does not have leadership.

The party is quite to young for all this drama. Not this was how PDP started that kept them together for 16 solid years. Their Leadership should avoid making mistake PDP made in 2015

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING HERE? THERE'S NO DIRTY LINEN,PLS. OBASEKI IS FIGHTING WITH NO BODY,NOT EVEN OSHIOMOLE.HE HAS FORGIVEN AND FORGOTTEN ALL. OBASEKI IS PDP AND OSHOBABA IS APC WHILE OYEGUN IS APDPC PLS. TAKE NOTE.THANKS.
Re: Oyegun: Obaseki’s Victory Shows Egocentric Politicking Can Be Defeated by OROSUNBOLB(m): 5:11pm On Sep 23, 2020
christopher123:
pure igbo traditional wear .. been worm like this in igbo for centuries

but argue with your keyboard

This is what happens when one tries to engage a nincompoop in a decent discourse having forgotten that the required intellectual capacity to handle such is lacking. I think your senseless diatribe can be overlooked.

What is lacking here obviously is education and I sincerely think you need it. It will help to change your myopic views about life generally. You're too little - minded kiddo !

Bye !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gully Erosion Eating Away South East Region , Residents Fleeing / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Celebrates Her 64th Birthday Today / Ogun State Governor, Dapo Abiodun Makes First Appointment.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.