Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Pains Of New Staff In Various Federal Universities In Nigeria Due To Ippis - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pains Of New Staff In Various Federal Universities In Nigeria Due To Ippis (1577 Views)

ASUU Unveils UTAS As Alternative To IPPIS / ASUU Set For Strike, Maintains Opposition To IPPIS / Mary Folafoluwa Oginni, Best Student In WAEC Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pains Of New Staff In Various Federal Universities In Nigeria Due To Ippis by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 22, 2020
My dear Comrades, the following are the extracts from my discussion with IPPIS yesterday:
1. That they were instructed from above to remove the names of all those who have not been captured by IPPIS from the salary payment schedule until they are captured. Even though I pleaded that those who have not been paid since February be paid so that they would be at par with others who were paid with BVN last month. They said ok, but I wonder......
To this effect, please, if you have not been captured by IPPIS make necessary moves to get captured.

2. I demanded to know when they are coming for the capturing.
On this, they said very soon but that the date is not yet known to them. They said our University Management had invited them through their letter to the Accountant General of the Federation, and just yesterday, the letter arrived their office.
3. On further inquiry, they said that those who want their salaries to be treated very urgently, should get to their office at Abuja for the capturing. But if this option should be taking, the following must be done:
a. The two (2) forms necessary for the capturing must be filled and duly signed by our Personnel. I have collected the forms and will attach them herewith so that you can print and fill.
b. A letter of introduction must be gotten from the Registry, introducing you to them as our staff.

4. On the issue of Minimum wage arrears, they said it would be paid any moment from now. That they had wanted to pay it before now but, they considered that those having salary issues now might also have issues if they had paid the arrears before now.

Please the forms are attached above. Be guided. Struggle continues!

This letter is as of July 2020.

Fast track to this month September 2020. Majority of the new staff are in a suffering mode. Most have resigned their former working places according to the civil service rules.. Since February 2020 they have not been paid.. Nor has ippis make any provisions for their enrollment. Interviews from them has shown that their various administration of the universities has sent letters to the Accountant General of the Federation concerning the enrollment of their staff and they are still waiting for ippis personnel's but for a time now.. All has become folly. They said that they are coming to various institutions for enrollment but they (ippis) are nowhere to be found..
Most of these university employees who has not received their salary since February 2020 are passing through hell. No source of income for themselves and their families.
Some who undertook the terrific journey from their various states to Abuja were turn back. That ippis will not attend to them.. That they should go and wait at their various universities for further directives. Until now they are still waiting for directives.
Nothing is fourth coming.
Please this is an SOS message. Save the plight of these staff that has not received salary since February till date.. Most of them are frustrated and hopeless.

2 Likes

Re: Pains Of New Staff In Various Federal Universities In Nigeria Due To Ippis by Vision4God: 11:42pm On Sep 22, 2020
Nigeria my country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pains Of New Staff In Various Federal Universities In Nigeria Due To Ippis by sinkhole: 4:29am On Sep 23, 2020
The worst place to be a civil servant in Nigeria, currently, is the Federal Universities!
Re: Pains Of New Staff In Various Federal Universities In Nigeria Due To Ippis by ijoba22(m): 10:06am On Sep 23, 2020
sinkhole:
The worst place to be a civil servant in Nigeria, currently, is the Federal Universities!
just keep saying trash.
Re: Pains Of New Staff In Various Federal Universities In Nigeria Due To Ippis by Samakus(m): 11:30am On Sep 23, 2020
I have witnessed this first hand. Know some of my colleagues that have not received salaries since February. I wonder how these people cope
Re: Pains Of New Staff In Various Federal Universities In Nigeria Due To Ippis by Asquare84(m): 3:05pm On Sep 23, 2020
this serve you right, when ASUU were deceiving you people not to join IPPIS you guys thought they were protecting your interest, not knowing that the university management were using ASUU delay the government while the cover their track of monies being stolen in billions all in the name of ghost workers
Re: Pains Of New Staff In Various Federal Universities In Nigeria Due To Ippis by ArticleBeast: 8:54pm On Sep 23, 2020
Samakus:
I have witnessed this first hand. Know some of my colleagues that have not received salaries since February. I wonder how these people cope
Then should get captured. This is Buhari regime not Jonathan that understood the value of education.

(1) (Reply)

How Prison Life Taught Me To Live On N100 For Three Days – 400-level Student / Nairalanders Name Your Secondary School Or University Let's Connect / Oau Admission List Is Out: What Are The Next Steps?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.